• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lots of CBT1 feedback/suggestions

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello! I've played CBT1 for some time and these are the things I think should be improved:

Game:
- Security system: The game should have a security system like IP authentication or a 6 to 8 digit code to prevent hackers/people from other countries from playing in our account. As of right now, anyone who knows our email and password can play in our account. I know a lot of players use dynamic IP, so IP authentication would probably be time-consuming, but maybe you should add a numeric code chosen by the player that would have to be entered in case someone from other country tried to access our account.
- Report system: We should be able to report players who are toxic to the game. I saw racism, sexism and toxicity in the chat, but unfortunately I forgot to take a print screen. This behavior shouldn't be tolerable in any way possible, even if the game is Buy-to-play.

General:
- Character customization: Please add afro hair (to go with darker skin colors), bald hair for female and more shades of brown for the eyes. I also noticed the japanese version had more features like changing chest/waist size, etc.
- Naming policy: Please remove adding numbers to name and replace the underscore with a space.
- Split item quantities: In the beta, I couldn't split item quantities. I don't know if it was a bug or if I simply didn't know how to do it, but I failed in completing two quests because the ammounts I added into cooking/alchemy were wrong.
- Monsters: Monsters seem too weak. I generally killed all of them with one or two Wizard skills. Although they seem to get stronger with levels, I don't feel challenged at all. Also, sometimes it looks like their HP bars aren't decreasing.
- Crawling: The crawling animation needs improvement.
- Sprinting: Sprinting doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I generally feel like walking is pretty much the same.
- Housing: The housing system needs a tutorial. I bought a house but I was very confused with how to proceed after that.
- NPC talking: After talking with a NPC, my character automatically draws its weapon. This is very frustrating.
- Quests: Whenever I login, all the quests I've completed are automatically selected to be displayed in my quest window. This is frustrating and should be corrected. Also, the Quest's UI feels very confusing and should be adjusted into something more simple. Maybe there should be an option to hide completed quests.
- Skills: Wizard's Mana Absortion skill absorbs mana from objects like empty crates, boxes, etc. I think this should be changed.

Graphics/Environment:
- Snow: Snow should be ligher or its effects should be adjusted. There were some places where the snow effect felt very weird (see attached images). It would also be interesting to add footsteps to snow.
- Graphics: The graphics are amazing, but there were some bugs in the beta, especially characters disappearing inside others/objects and bugs with horses/cats climbing stones. Also, although the characters are HD, plants seem to be made of paper and their resolution is pretty low when zooming in nearby them. I noticed graphical bugs when hawks rest in Wizard's shoulders, disappearing into their hats. (see attached images)
- Collision: After colliding with something/someone, living obstacles are ignored, which causes graphical bugs.

Localization:
- Some texts are not localized correctly (see attached images)

EDIT:

- Lanterns: Please make lanterns visible! Maybe they should be carried in the player's hands or attached to their belts.

------------------

I've attached some images so you can see the graphical bugs I found, as well as the texts that are not correctly localized. Thank you for reading this and I hope some of these suggestions are actually implemented :)

2015-12-16_144577027[-1572_10_1258].JPG

2015-12-16_161874809[-1220_-16_1003].JPG

2015-12-16_164983935[-940_-39_775].JPG

2015-12-19_2566502[155_-63_836].JPG

2015-12-19_5509997[140_-65_757].JPG

2015-12-19_5511870[140_-65_757].JPG

2015-12-19_6787017[176_-63_804].JPG

2015-12-20_76145196[419_-8_-339].JPG

2015-12-20_76150466[419_-8_-339].JPG

Edited by Stellary
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"sometimes it looks like their HP bars aren't decreasing."

that's because some mobs requires that you have knowledge about it to see their max hp i think (maybe that have something to do about their HP bars aren't decreasing)
(the black spirit comes up and tells you that when you attack it without the knowledge)
that's what i see when i watch other streamer attack mobs they don't have knowledge about. (maybe i could be wrong)
i don't have cbt1 and haven't tried the actual game maybe i could be wrong, that is just what i have seen on streams.

Edited by Claire Rouge
1 person likes this

Posted

"sometimes it looks like their HP bars aren't decreasing."

that's because some mobs requires that you have knowledge about it to see their max hp i think (maybe that have something to do about their HP bars aren't decreasing)
(the black spirit comes up and tells you that when you attack it without the knowledge)
that's what i see when i watch other streamer attack mobs they don't have knowledge about. (maybe i could be wrong)
i don't have cbt1 and haven't tried the actual game maybe i could be wrong, that is just what i have seen on streams.

Maybe that's because of knowledge, didn't think about it. Thanks :)

Posted

I really only agree with about half your stuff sorry.

1. Wizards should 1-2 shot things. Look at every game on the planet . Mages super high damage is to offset their glass canon setup. 

2. Housing tutorial. There is one in the help menu.... Not super in depth but is there.

3. Sprinting. Run next to a friend from a main a main city to the next.... U sprint he doesn't.... You will beat him by a fair amount .

Everything else looks good ;-) especially splitting items and I would vote for more short hair variety with women characters. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, I know Wizards are very strong due to being glass cannon, I just thought monsters were too weak with pretty much all classes, but I may be wrong :P

Edited by Stellary

Posted (edited)

EDIT:

- Lanterns: Please make lanterns visible! Maybe they should be carried in the player's hands or attached to their belts.

Edited by Stellary

Posted

On the sprinting aspect, keep in mind if you have only played Wizard they are the slowest sprinting class I believe. If you play ranger quickly and try out their sprint you will instantly notice the difference in the two.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0