• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

petition Requesting an RP Channel or Server

430 posts in this topic

Posted

+1

It really doesn't even have to be extremely moderated!  Just a general "RP happens here" designation would be enough to let people who aren't interested in it to stay away or to accept it'll be there, and it give RPers a general space to gather.

16 people like this

Posted

+1

Posted

++

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 !

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

ss+(2015-12-20+at+08.50.56).png

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

I also will add my 1 to this request!

Posted

If this is something seen as too specific to add to the game, perhaps a different function could be created that opens a similar concept up to the rest of the community.

For the most part, Custom Channels are things that are enjoyed by multiple crowds in many MMOs, as it allows various guilds and groups to create channels that they can use for communication, coordination, and other such things. So, if implementing a specific channel for a single subset of players is too specific, then maybe the ability to create our own channels would not only satisfy this demand, but also provide players outside of this subset with a helpful feature as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

+1, having an official roleplay server/channel/etc is a massive benefit to the roleplay community. Non-roleplayers who want a less competitive environment also sometimes use roleplay servers to enjoy the game in peace. And typically, both groups of people tend to stick with an MMO they like long after the majority have moved on to the Next Big Thing.

4 people like this

Posted

++++++++1

3 people like this

Posted

+1

Posted

If they go the server route, an RP server wouldn't be bad either.

1 person likes this

Posted

A huge +1

Posted

Agreed! +1

Posted

If this is something seen as too specific to add to the game, perhaps a different function could be created that opens a similar concept up to the rest of the community.

For the most part, Custom Channels are things that are enjoyed by multiple crowds in many MMOs, as it allows various guilds and groups to create channels that they can use for communication, coordination, and other such things. So, if implementing a specific channel for a single subset of players is too specific, then maybe the ability to create our own channels would not only satisfy this demand, but also provide players outside of this subset with a helpful feature as well.

Just realized the OP is talking about server channels and not chat channels. Disregard this.

Posted

Personally I'm still against megaservers but I guess this will do as an alternative.

Posted

2222.thumb.png.f02886758f157d5276729585e

Example of what we're asking for.

All it requires is renaming a channel on a server and acknowledging that it's an RP channel!  That's all we need.  Maybe a message every you join until you click a "Never show this again." option to let people know that it's a Roleplaying channel and that lots of RP will happen here, so if they disapprove they can go elsewhere, and if they don't care then they can stay but to still expect the RP going on.  RPers can generally sense who else is an RPer by name alone, or if someone generally doesn't seem to be replying then we're fine with just moving on.  We're used to navigating around regular players and don't do anything to negatively impact them.

This is very important for many reasons already mentioned.  We need our own space or we wilt and wither, without any sort of official support for roleplay we end up turning into extremely small groups/guilds that only RP with eachother and don't get that amazing experience of RPing with random people we meet around the world.  When RPers are given their own little corners, they will thrive.  When ignored and given nothing like "/me" functions or their own areas (either official or unofficial, though official is ALWAYS better), they shrink up and exist only in the undercurrents of a game.

We regularly produce and commission art, writing, music, and other sources of completely free advertisement for the game -- as we're highly invested in the lore and our own characters' stories.  There are literally thousands and thousands of GW2 RPers, and this is without them adding a function or having a game as highly rich and immersive as BDO.  Most of these RPers though, come from the era before the Megaservers and were lumped together in a couple "Unofficial RP Channels" before that was ripped away from them through the megaserver.  Constant chats with random characters, rich and enthralling storylines, and years of investments honestly came crashing down and isolated into small pockets.  Everyone is too afraid that they'll annoy someone by striking up a random RP, which in a creative socially-geared community causes stagnation.  And now RP is much less prevalent (though still hanging on) than it was.

All we need is an channel with [RP] at the end and the acknowledgement that RP is supposed to happen there.  It doesn't need ridiculous enforcement of RP rules or anything like that, the server administrators/mods can treat us like they treat everyone else.  All we need is that space to call home, and we'll build our little creative world out of it.

14 people like this

Posted

Yes please.

Posted

+1

Posted

I would disagree with this, as it is my understanding that the game will have multiple servers on launch, each with a few channels dedicated to it.

What I would rather see, is an RP server, that all RPers join, and any channel in it is an RP channel.

If we do it the suggested way, all of the RPers will end up on different servers, which is not at all healthy for the community.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would disagree with this, as it is my understanding that the game will have multiple servers on launch, each with a few channels dedicated to it.

What I would rather see, is an RP server, that all RPers join, and any channel in it is an RP channel.

If we do it the suggested way, all of the RPers will end up on different servers, which is not at all healthy for the community.

I figure if we only had 1-2 servers that had an "RP" channel per region (meaning, if servers 1/2/3/4 existed, then server 4 might have 1 channel dedicated to RP and none of the others do), RPers would naturally congregate there and might be the best we can get.

The reason being, a lot of people are very opposed to the idea of creating specialized servers based on the principle, but are fine with specialized channels.

Edit: However, if we were to have an RP server.  I would be all for it.

Edited by Maevynn