• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

petition Requesting an RP Channel or Server

430 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

QsWn7bX.gif

Edited by Faine

Posted

+1

As others have said, it doesn't even have to include special rules, just an easy way for roleplayers to find each other.

Posted

+1 - That would be my server :D

Posted

+1

Posted

As it's been mentioned over and over again, this is a GOOD idea. Especially for a game that has all the qualities that a lot of RPers look for when they're choosing a game to give their money to in any way. Black Desert has those qualities from what I've seen thus far. Trolls will troll. We had them in EverQuest 1, we had them in EverQuest 2 - you work around it. You ignore them. They get bored and move on. Having a "dedicated" RP server in some official capacity isn't even necessary; again as mentioned previously, just being able to have a "tag" - some way we can flag ourselves for other RPers to see or a channel that is designated for RP would be greatly helpful in allowing a large community of people to come together. 

The best RP communities will take what you give them and make it work regardless. However, they'll go above and beyond to support and promote and bring other people into a game that actively gives -them- support too... because the moniker isn't "mmog", its "mmoRPg".  Don't be one of those companies who fails to remember that RP is at the heart of the MMO experience. Not PvP, not PvE..not end game raiding...RP. 

2 people like this

Posted

You know when you sign up for a forum just to say "+1"? This might be one of those times..

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 could be the thing to finally get me hyped on this game.

Posted

-1 I like pking RP carebears

Posted

+1 PUT THIS !

Posted

I'm all up for an RP tag to display when we're In Character and Out of Character. 

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted

guys how u can actualy roleplay if u don't have the trade in game ? You cannot give money  , u cannot hire bodyguards or just be a bandit stealing stuff from others .... sorry guys there is no point to open a channel for the roleplay , if u want to play your fanfiction just go in some isolated place 

Posted

-1 I like pking RP carebears

Not all people who enjoy RP are strictly PvE... Most of us are PvX or PvP actually. 

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 yes please.

Posted

+1

I want this so bad! Aaaah.

guys how u can actualy roleplay if u don't have the trade in game ? You cannot give money  , u cannot hire bodyguards or just be a bandit stealing stuff from others .... sorry guys there is no point to open a channel for the roleplay , if u want to play your fanfiction just go in some isolated place 

RP is all about the writing, and those ideas were very secluded ones. Maybe you want to RP that you're a travelling merchant and you can (I hate this term but) "pretend" to sell the items to people. You could pretend that you're a thief and try to steal from others. You could be a complete average joe, who's just a local resident talking to people who come through your town. I could list a million ways you could play without game mechanics, and just as many characters you could play - it doesn't have to be real and breathing in your face. 

And if you're so opposed to a roleplaying server, or roleplay in general? You should approve of this! With our own RP server, we'll be in 'some isolated place' away from you so that you can go PvE and PvP in peace :) 

2 people like this

Posted

+1

RP is all about the writing, and those ideas were very secluded ones. Maybe you want to RP that you're a travelling merchant and you can (I hate this term but) "pretend" to sell the items to people. You could pretend that you're a thief and try to steal from others. You could be a complete average joe, who's just a local resident talking to people who come through your town. I could list a million ways you could play without game mechanics, and just as many characters you could play - it doesn't have to be real and breathing in your face. 

And if you're so opposed to a roleplaying server, or roleplay in general? You should approve of this! With our own RP server, we'll be in 'some isolated place' away from you so that you can go PvE and PvP in peace :) 

I agree :)

Posted

+1

Couldn't have said it better!

Supporting this noble request for an RP channel or server!

+1

Posted

I'm not a role player but it's a great idea! 

+1

Posted (edited)

+1

Because roleplayers know how to play a MMO RPG!

Because roleplayers have much more fun than any other kind of players... trust me, they do!

Because rolplayers lifting up a good MMO RPG with nice videos, stories, fanbase, respectful behavior and much more!

Because roleplaying is the way a RPG should be played!

Because roleplaying is the next level of gaming - it leads you into a fantastic world.

Because I want it so much! :P

Edited by Treibjagd

Posted

Yes! I'll love to have one character to roleplay without worrying about other people ruining the experience

Posted

+1

This would be entirely wonderfully, and would surely generate quite a bit of business for Daum, too. With so many RPers splintered over megaserver'd games, a dedicated RP server on such a beautiful game with such RP potential would surely attract a sizable chunk of new players.

What's more, we RPers tend to spend a good amount of real money on cosmetic items in cash shops..

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wow, great idea! You could leave and join the RP channel as you decided whether you're RPing that day or not... I've no idea why I've never heard of this or thought of it myself... my lil' mind is blown!!

Edited by Kymaera
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, I'd love a RP dedicated place, be it channel or server. In a game with as much RP potential as BDO has, it would be a shame to kill it by scattering the RP'ers all over the place in a mega-server. And as Oslac mentioned, the roleplayers does tend to spend a great deal of real money in the in game stores to get cosmetics and the likes. Give the RP community a place to exist and function and they will definitely give something in return.

2 people like this