• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

petition Requesting an RP Channel or Server

430 posts in this topic

Posted

+1

Created a profile just to vote. Personally I'd prefer a dedicated RP server, especially since historically RP servers in the MMO community have the most consistent player bases and thus are usually less likely to suffer from empty world syndrome. I think it's because we stick around longer when we feel immersed in the game world, and that's more likely to happen when we form bonds with others who also RP. Megaservers make it difficult to form a cohesive RP community because it reduces the likelihood of finding other RP players. When you give RPers a designated space to play in, we stick around longer and invest more in the game...particularly in shiny cosmetic items.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

+1

I want this so bad! Aaaah.

RP is all about the writing, and those ideas were very secluded ones. Maybe you want to RP that you're a travelling merchant and you can (I hate this term but) "pretend" to sell the items to people. You could pretend that you're a thief and try to steal from others. You could be a complete average joe, who's just a local resident talking to people who come through your town. I could list a million ways you could play without game mechanics, and just as many characters you could play - it doesn't have to be real and breathing in your face. 

And if you're so opposed to a roleplaying server, or roleplay in general? You should approve of this! With our own RP server, we'll be in 'some isolated place' away from you so that you can go PvE and PvP in peace :) 

sorry , i support this idea , but would be a lot better if u can actualy be in game what u "pretend" to be , obviusly i will not rp in english , i never studied it , just learned it trough forums, music, film and games , but if in the actual huge world of black desert would be awesome to see italians rp place , francais english ecc. . and what if they  could actualy have an economic interaction each other or have allies and enemies ...  it would be a better roleplay server than just people changing character to write story on story to be the mother the sister, the king  ecc ecc ( i know i don't know english , i hope u can understand this italian-english form of it) 

Edited by Giallo

Posted

+1

Created a profile just to vote. Personally I'd prefer a dedicated RP server, especially since historically RP servers in the MMO community have the most consistent player bases and thus are usually less likely to suffer from empty world syndrome. I think it's because we stick around longer when we feel immersed in the game world, and that's more likely to happen when we form bonds with others who also RP. Megaservers make it difficult to form a cohesive RP community because it reduces the likelihood of finding other RP players. When you give RPers a designated space to play in, we stick around longer and invest more in the game...particularly in shiny cosmetic items.

I agree.  RP Servers tend to have the most dedicated and friendly players!

Posted

+1

Posted

Massive +1!

Posted

Yes Please do this! I love to RP in games, but it is hard to find someone to RP with :/

Posted (edited)

Please excuse my lack of any flow within this post as I'll tend to jump around from one point to another.

Now, with that said, I've had, probably, my one greatest experience with RPing and it came from a game that many of the RPing community probably don't even know about that game was called Supremacy 1943.(Don't quote me on this, I probably got the name wrong. Too lazy to look it up) Now, for a bit of a background, this is a military game based off the years leading up to the first World War. Basically you are in control of a single country and you use various methods of claiming land and eventually becoming the victor by killing off all your rival countries. Now, this game had a system implemented that has one big chat for ALL the games(Games were separated into different rooms.) and within those games there was an option of "News" which depicted what within that game day. For example - Country A declared war on Country B. Country A lost over 100k troops within the first day. Country B lost 35k troops within the same day. RPer's managed to RP in this game by posting "EVENTS" in the News section about different things that happened in their countries, Wars/Armies/Marriages/etc etc. Now, before this game, I've never RPed before or ever had the intention of doing so. I had no reason or interaction with RPers before so it just wasn't something I was interested in. But, one faithful day, I happened to be talking to others on the chat when someone mentioned how they were going to start a RP game if anyone was interested. It stuck out to me because quite a few people started hating on the player for whatever reason. But at the same time, it got me interested in finding out what the whole RP thing was about. (Weird, right?) So I did some reading and after some research and some "----- it" moments, I started my own RP game the exact same way my predecessor did, on the chat. Contrary to my expectations, I had dozen of people almost instantly pm me asking about it. Needless to say, it blew me away. So the game started, me, being the "noob" completely yoloed for a few days until I finally learned enough to get me through it. That said, I learned a few things from this. 

1. RPers are everywhere, they're just waiting for a chance to be able to RP.
2. RPers were incredibly nice(In my experience) and were willing to help you with any questions or concerns.
3. RPers will make the game LOTS of fun for everyone involved. 
4. Everyone should take the chance to try it, even once. You could really be surprised!

I've noticed a few things after reading the posts here and one of the major things I've noticed is how everyone complains about how "trolls" will ruin it for others. I personally disagree with this. If anything, I think they can be forceful-, I mean, willingly brought into the RP. For example, Troll Bob(I never did like Bob) joins the channel/server and immediately notices the RPers doing their thing. Troll Bob decides to go over and spoil their fun (Insert normal troll dialect). The RPers, instead of immediately blocking Troll Bob, decided to try something new. They continued their RP like normal, but instead of blocking Troll Bob, they made him a part of the Roleplay. Including Troll Bob into their conversation, whether he likes it or not. 

My point being, with all the above said. Why can't "Trolls" be considered RP content? Or even RP material? Say you're having an awkward silence with new found RP friends and you can't think of anything to break the ice. Why not take one of the local trolls into account and go from there? Make them the "bad guy" if that works for you. Or even more interestingly, make them the MC! You know of the MC's in stories that can be shunned by the "masses" when they do something? Consider yourself the "masses". At least in my opinion Troll Bob would be a wonderful source of RP that's just waiting to be tapped. (I'd love to hear any comments on this, if any.)

Secondly, and probably my favorite aspect I've thought of while reading this section. 

GUILD/CLAN/ALLIANCE WARS/SIEGES

How awesome would it be to stage entire wars/sieges because of Role-play? The content is literally sitting in front of us just waiting for RPers and make an entire NEW world out of the world we've been given.(Got lazy, didnt want to write all of my thoughts. PM me if you're that interested in my thoughts.)

To conclude my post, I believe Servers would be the best option. Personally speaking of course. But if we're given Channels. I believe RPers could make it work. Hell, I made it work in a normally non-RP-at-all game.(Read the above again if you're lost.) I don't see any reason why it can't be managed here.

+ 1 for RP tagged servers.

Rude Caspar

Edited by Caspar

Posted

I really hope this is going to be a thing! It would be great if there could be some official response on this, though i guess with the huge problems we see with the cash shop pricing i guess it is going to take some time.. 

Posted

/sign.

Even if it was just a channel, perfectly easy and simply solution. All we need is the flag, really.

Posted

Massive +1 from me

Posted

+1

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska

Is there any chance you could give us an estimate on when we might hear about the final decisions made on server and/or channel set up? I assume CBT2 is currently being used to test and judge the present set up? 

Edited by Faine

Posted

+1

Posted

Agreed! Huge RPer here, make it happen!

Posted

@CM_Jouska

If we bribe you with cookies, will you make this happen?

What about beer?

Posted

+1

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Is there any chance you could give us an estimate on when we might hear about the final decisions made on server and/or channel set up? I assume CBT2 is currently being used to test and judge the present set up? 

We will need time to go through the feedback, but when we have more information it will be posted.

@CM_Jouska

If we bribe you with cookies, will you make this happen?

What about beer?

No bribe needed, just keep up the feedback. :)

5 people like this

Posted

I would agree, if not for the fact that most people don't RP on RP servers anyways.  It always becomes a handful of guilds that like to RP and troves of morons who clicked to join a random server.

Posted

I need this in my game! This game looks like a rp'ers paradise. (Still need to learn much of the lore!)

+1

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We will need time to go through the feedback, but when we have more information it will be posted.

No bribe needed, just keep up the feedback. :)

Thanks for the reply @CM_Jouska! It's nice to know you're keeping an eye on things. :) Whatever the outcome, we'll eagerly await news. Going by the current CBT2 set up, my dream for the EU side would be an RP server with language channels - that way there could be some easy designation but also channel-hopping overlap for those with fluency in multiple languages. But! That may just be a dream.

Thanks again, anyway.

Edited by Faine

Posted

+1

Please do that :D

Posted

Yes please!

Posted

Agreeed!

Posted

+1

Posted