• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

petition Requesting an RP Channel or Server

430 posts in this topic

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Sorry to tag you again, I know you're probably a busy man.

I just wanted to say that, in regards to this post:

Assuming you won't be labeling one of the servers for RP and may still be considering labeling channels for RP, please understand that this would be best on only one server since it would negate the point of having one place for roleplayers to go if there were two destinations on different servers for it. I'm sure that's probably obvious, but I just wanted to say it anyway.

*On one server per region

2 people like this

Posted

Yes! Per region. Thank you, I'll clarify that too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Assuming you won't be labeling one of the servers for RP and may still be considering labeling channels for RP, please understand that this would be best on only one server per region, since it would negate the point of having one place for roleplayers to go if there were two destinations on different servers for it. I'm sure that's probably obvious, but I just wanted to say it anyway.

This +1

It would make it so much easier to herd all of us into the same spot :)

Posted

One of the times that following the crowd is a good idea so...

+1

Posted (edited)

It's also a feature I know many non-RPers enjoy too, oddly enough. Several non-RP folk enjoy the atmosphere provided, even if they don't partake of it themselves. :)

Edited by Ancallan
Forums doubled it

Posted

whats wrong with Rp on the normal channels or server there so much open world why a   exclusive channel? since pvp got push to the side?

Posted (edited)

whats wrong with Rp on the normal channels or server there so much open world why a   exclusive channel? since pvp got push to the side?

if we had our own channel tagged it's a lot easier for us to find eachother and stick together for things like walk up rp, finding rp guilds, and keeping our community together.

Edited by Sorora

Posted (edited)

if we had our own channel tagged it's a lot easier for us to find eachother and stick together for things like walk up rp, finding rp guilds, and keeping our community together.

i thought that would be easy since black desert is already set up in the way for roleplay then anything else what most people do is a  a new post on forums stating a guild or group and have every one post there character back story and profile  matching up pairings and connections to there's.
ad meet on one server or chanel.
also black desert already has in game character profile which you can input for yourself so everyone can read inspecting your character profile 
tho i understand that you want a dedicated roleplay sever tho i think that would just separate the community tho wouldn't it?
i like meeting all type of player ^^ but i'mma be doing a little roleplay myself 

Edited by Berrymilk
spelling

Posted

i thought that would be easy since black desert is already set up in the way for roleplay then anything else what most people do is a  a new post on forums stating a guild or group and have every one post there character back story and profile  matching up pairings and connections to there's.ad meet on one server or chanel.
also black desert already has in game character profile which you can input for yourself so everyone can read inspecting your character profile 
tho i understand that you want a dedicated roleplay sever tho i think that would just separate the community tho wouldn't it?
i like meeting all type of player ^^ but i'mma be doing a little roleplay myself 

Havjng a flagged channel for rp would be a good way for other Rpers to find eachother. A lot of us thrive on open world rp, and like to meet eachother through rping INSIDE of the gam. We want to be somewhere where we can find and interact with others without much outside digging to figure out where everyone is.

As an rper though, I don't think we need our own server, but I do really think we need a tagged channel.

Posted (edited)

Assuming you won't be labeling one of the servers for RP and may still be considering labeling channels for RP, please understand that this would be best on only one server per region, since it would negate the point of having one place for roleplayers to go if there were two destinations on different servers for it. I'm sure that's probably obvious, but I just wanted to say it anyway.

+1

If not a server, a flagged channel would be most useful.

Edited by Tripl3T

Posted

+1

Posted (edited)

I am sitting most of the day and checking news, waiting on any kind of information about this. The server names have come out, but will there be tagged channels? 

@CM_Jouska can hopefully give a hint to all this before the pre-order closes?

Edited by Jinxster

Posted

+1 Great idea

Posted

+1, definitely something I would like. A dedicated RP channel would make finding other RPers so much easier.

Posted

+1!!! And allow trading on the RP Server!!!! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I`m not against this idea. But I bet some PvP guilds will join the RP channel on purpose just so they can drink the tears of helpless victims and control whole regions easily.

Edited by Mr.Pug

Posted

+ 1

Posted (edited)

Yes that would be good, and I hope they make it and NO Aggro Mobbs (and NO loot AND Xp there, because its just for RP!).

I must sa,y I did buy this Game 90% just because All the RP elements! Don't give up Daum, the RP Community will come more and more, we share your love over the EU :)

A RP Channel would be good enough but please non Aggro Mobs, that we can play in all locations :)

Like a GM in a "godmode" just stiitng around and enjoy the life.

Edited by Dracken

Posted

+1
I havnt been able to read through ALL 17 pages but I read through a lot.

As a side note not to be implemented into game just as a idea for us players unless we can get private group channels:

I feel like with the chat restrictions as they are a discord/Team-speak for type/talking communication would be good to be set up between players."

Posted

+1

Posted

+1
I havnt been able to read through ALL 17 pages but I read through a lot.

As a side note not to be implemented into game just as a idea for us players unless we can get private group channels:

I feel like with the chat restrictions as they are a discord/Team-speak for type/talking communication would be good to be set up between players."

Discord is a community killer, I'm in BnS and currently it's so segregated and seperated that everyone purely roleplays with their own singular little guilds in a discord rather then in the beautiful game world. It's giving zero incentive for the dev's to listen or do ANYTHING for roleplayers and that trend will continue if we just keep using third party programs. Under no circumstance should we rush to a discord, as the samething that happened in BnS will happen with BDO.

Posted

Yes that would be good, and I hope they make it and NO Aggro Mobbs (and NO loot AND Xp there, because its just for RP!).

I must sa,y I did buy this Game 90% just because All the RP elements! Don't give up Daum, the RP Community will come more and more, we share your love over the EU :)

A RP Channel would be good enough but please non Aggro Mobs, that we can play in all locations :)

Like a GM in a "godmode" just stiitng around and enjoy the life.

God no, if you dont want to be attacked by monsters in the wilderness you should play a game without mobs, or roleplay in town.
I think this request was plain stupid, to be honest, not meaning to sound rude or anything. Getting attacked in the wilderness is and should be a part of an adventurous world.

Also, getting attacked or being chased by a monster is a PERFECT setting for you to utilize RP, i.e having to call out to other players for help etc.

The thing I think will be of utter importance for the roleplay experience is the PVP, it should be as free as it can be, meaning you should be able to attack and/or kill anyone anywhere. But not without punishment in form of loss of karma, getting killed by guards, getting exiled from certain villages, and so on.

My 2 cent.

Posted

Probably a little late now that the game has launched, but I would still love to see an official RP server.

Posted

+1

Posted

I`m not against this idea. But I bet some PvP guilds will join the RP channel on purpose just so they can drink the tears of helpless victims and control whole regions easily.

It could happen yes. But they would be foolish PvPers to think for one second that just because people RP, means they -can't-  or aren't good at PvP....