• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PC building help

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

Im going to buy a GTX 970, though i might need a new CPU aswell. My current CPU is an A8-7600. Im significantly looking for a good build for MMORPGS like this.

I was thinking about buying a FX8350 but im not sure if thats the right thing to do, i would also have to buy a new motherboard ( an ATX) and could get an m5a97 r2.0.

My budget is about 600,- euros. though you need to count the 970 off that wich makes it 245 Euros. Current specs are:

CPU:  AMD A8-7600

GPU: R7 250 

Mobo: ASUS A88XM-A

Could you give me any advice or know a better thing to do, then please tell me! :D

Posted

A 970 is a good choice, but if you're able to spend a bit more I'd recommend going with a 6600k. 

For the CPU I mean. 

So you mean the 970 paired with a 6600k i guess?

Dont you agree the FX8350 has the same quality for half of the price? At least Can I run it agrees xD

Thank you for your help!

Posted

So you mean the 970 paired with a 6600k i guess?

Dont you agree the FX8350 has the same quality for half of the price? At least Can I run it agrees xD

Thank you for your help!

Been hearing some nasty things about AMD not playing well with BDO.

Not sure if it's the GPU or CPU though that I'm hearing, but verdicts are gunning for the Intel/Nvidia combo.

Posted

Been hearing some nasty things about AMD not playing well with BDO.

Not sure if it's the GPU or CPU though that I'm hearing, but verdicts are gunning for the Intel/Nvidia combo.

Intel CPU's are so expensive ><

Got any tips for AMD CPUs?

Thanks for the help!

Posted

Intel CPU's are so expensive ><

They do their Job though, I have a i5-3570k since 2013 and it wasn't the newest model then either but I haven't had any CPU-related bottlenecks so far aside from Star Citizen which is fairly unoptimized, only BDO can draw full power from it as of now. :)

If you are playing CPU-heavy games like BDO you should also think of getting a dedicated CPU cooler to keep it at a good temperature, I can recommend the Scythe Mugen 4 (especially the PCGH-Edition), it costs only 45-50€ and has a phenomal cooling power while generating near to none noise. Even with a mathematics algorhytm that can literallly take all the power of your CPU (Max Load on all cores) over a sustained time period (as long as you wish really) the CPU never goes over ~70°, with the boxed cooler it reached 100° in under a minute so I had to quit the program. You should look if a chosen cooler fits in your case though, they can get quite big.

Posted

Pro-tip - Buy Used.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pro-tip - Buy Used.

If you want to get faulty hardware or your stuff to break in no time, yes.

Posted

Maybe you can do a i5 processor, 960gtx, and have jus enough for new mobo? If your other components ar cmpatible? $100-150 more and u can get the 970. Intel is the way to go for gaming. 

Posted

If you want to get faulty hardware or your stuff to break in no time, yes.

Well that's BS...

Posted

6600k would solve your issues for awhile since it supports dd4, wont have to upgrade for awhile is what i meant.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0