• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

RP Poll

RP Poll   69 votes

1. 1. In wich side are you planing to rolepay?

• NA Server
    • EU Server
    • A RP server that joing EU and NA

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I already made a poll in http://www.blackdesertroleplayers.com/  but decided to do it here with more participants. This way we can have an idea of how big both communitys will be. If your decision depends in what server is the most populated, please vote on the one you wish to play in and then feel free to comment that fact    :D

Edited by Nesato

Posted

I will be roleplaying/ making some random roleplay videos on eu server. I prefer to roleplay rather then pve but I like pvp most!:D

2 people like this

Posted

I doubt the populations would be anything than massive on both servers for some time. I'll be on the NA servers.

Posted

This game has far too many roleplayers eyeing it. So long as we have a dedicated server, I don't think we'll have any problems finding RP.

I'll be on NA servers, though I'm not so sure it will be at launch. My main interests are the blader and ninja, so I may be waiting.

Posted

Actually mixing the RP, PvP, and PvE (under development right? XD) communities would be easy in BDO. RPers can make events undisturbed in Cities and Towns and even outside. PvPers always have their arenas and battlegrounds but I am sure RPers will make friends with some which can even serve as a bodyguard :) PvE community tends to get along with everyone since they simply seek to conquer dungeons and explore lands. I dont think you need a dedicated server, but more of an expanded friends list xD

Posted

I will be playing on both NA/EU , but mainly on NA since I live in Canada and I will have better ping in NA.

Posted

Actually mixing the RP, PvP, and PvE (under development right? XD) communities would be easy in BDO. RPers can make events undisturbed in Cities and Towns and even outside. PvPers always have their arenas and battlegrounds but I am sure RPers will make friends with some which can even serve as a bodyguard :) PvE community tends to get along with everyone since they simply seek to conquer dungeons and explore lands. I dont think you need a dedicated server, but more of an expanded friends list xD

Not everyone on a RP server needs to be a roleplayer, but it is preferred that they still respect it by not trolling roleplays. They only reason dedicated servers are a good idea for it is because while the community itself is large enough to run on it's own server, it is not large enough to split amongst many and still be viable. When we don't get one, the community always designates an unofficial RP server, but unless you're in the loop, you don't know what server that is and we still end up too fragmented.

Posted

Not everyone on a RP server needs to be a roleplayer, but it is preferred that they still respect it by not trolling roleplays. They only reason dedicated servers are a good idea for it is because while the community itself is large enough to run on it's own server, it is not large enough to split amongst many and still be viable. When we don't get one, the community always designates an unofficial RP server, but unless you're in the loop, you don't know what server that is and we still end up too fragmented.

I don't know. The players opinions differ a lot when it comes to these. :S I never ment an RP server, just asking in which continent you'll all play. :/
But since you brought it up: I thought of the chance of having a RP server for both the NA and EU communitys, this way we could all play together. xD

I know there are no perfect solutions, but wich would you still prefer? o.O Feel free to vote on the pool or comment :D

Posted (edited)

I know some are into it, but I don't want split PvP/PvE servers. In that respect, there is nothing different about a RP server outside of it being officially supported so everyone knows where to go. I personally search for RP sites and such before I start a game as it tells me what server I should roll on, where the hubs are, and lore I would have otherwise missed on my own....but not everyone does that. You don't want new, or simply unaware players lost and/or quitting because the couldn't find fellow roleplayers. That person may have been the best roleplayer to ever grace the internet, but they derped and went to the wrong server.

We all just missed out.

I don't want to miss out. 

Please don't make me miss out...

Edited by Magnificent Innuendo

Posted

Yeah, I didn't think this game would actually be splitting PVE/PVP servers? Either way, the community can come together and agree on the server choice for Rpers on NA and EU side, with a simple Poll. 

Posted

Playing NA myself. And yeah, I'd also hate to see a pvp pve split. I understand why those functions exist in many games, but where BDO is concerned, I feel that PvP can make for a good component to player driven stories and content.

Posted

When I was in JP there were Two servers (3 now) and both were a large cooking pot of RP, PvP, and PvE. If it worked there I can see it working here.

Posted

When I was in JP there were Two servers (3 now) and both were a large cooking pot of RP, PvP, and PvE. If it worked there I can see it working here.

RP in normal servers for me, always manage to make it work so why not? ^^

Posted

I've tried both and while it is indeed possible to RP on a normal server, you have a larger congregation of people on a dedicated one. RP is just that much easier to find...and in some cases, accidentally stumble upon. It's a more immersive feeling when you are surrounded by it vs having to actually look for it and in rare cases, not find any for extended periods of time.

Posted

Now that I can edit I added a new option to the pool. It's a shame I can't change my vote, if I could I would want the last option.

Posted

what is RP ? never played this game so i dont know

Posted

what is RP ? never played this game so i dont know

Roleplay

Posted

I chose RP Server. I'd like to play EU, and i really would LOVE to not be forced to PVP :)

Posted

Probably just the regular NA server unless they make a dedicated RP server.