• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash Shop Complaints

89 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like most of the people on these forums who QQ all day about cash shop prices probably wouldn't even be playing this game if it was $50 bucks + $15 a month subscription.  Too many people on here expect the world from Daum for their $29.99 purchase. This game is seriously impressive. Try to go play another mmorpg after you played BDO for a full month. I tried and I couldn't....This game is truly next gen and I'm excited to see what it will turn into in the future. 

9 people like this

Posted

I just got my 2 named workers today after travelling between the cities multiple times for knowledge and playing the conversation game for 500 amity each. they just dont know how much content there really is in the game.

4 people like this

Posted

I just got my 2 named workers today after travelling between the cities multiple times for knowledge and playing the conversation game for 500 amity each. they just dont know how much content there really is in the game.

They don't care.
They aren't getting something their way, and the emotion invoked from this will stain any aspect of the game that might interest them.

Toxicity of our City.

5 people like this

Posted

i'm just happy that poor people are suffering in this game. i don't want to be more associated with "those people". they don't have money, so let them wear their rags.

2 people like this

Posted

I feel like most of the people on these forums who QQ all day about cash shop prices probably wouldn't even be playing this game if it was $50 bucks + $15 a month subscription.  Too many people on here expect the world from Daum for their $29.99 purchase. This game is seriously impressive. Try to go play another mmorpg after you played BDO for a full month. I tried and I couldn't....This game is truly next gen and I'm excited to see what it will turn into in the future. 

I long for a $50 game with $15 a month subscription with no cash shop bullshit, that's what I grew up on, all this Free to play/Buy to play/pay for advantages/pay to win is so alien and uncomfortable for me, I just want my comfort zone of a quality game for $15 a month where everybody pays the same amount and everybody gets the same content and chance to achieve stuff from that content

So think again kid

15 people like this

Posted

Go back to wow kid.

I hate wow, I blame it in part for the stinking cesspit of the MMO I've had to endure for the past 12 years

You guys are really not at all as knowledgeable as you think you are

So many assumptions being thrown around you'd think somebody would at least hit somewhat close to home

7 people like this

Posted

I'd buy from the cash shop if I just paid directly with paypal. I don't care to spend money on pearls just so that I have left over ones. Do what xbox and ps stores do. Then I'll buy a pet and eventually other stuff when I have the finances. I definitely would quit the game if it went to subscription though. And several people who play with me would do the same.

Posted

I hate wow, I blame it in part for the stinking cesspit of the MMO I've had to endure for the past 12 years

You guys are really not at all as knowledgeable as you think you are

So many assumptions being thrown around you'd think somebody would at least hit somewhat close to home

so make your own game and dig yourself out of the hole you've placed yourself in. easy fix.

Posted

so make your own game and dig yourself out of the hole you've placed yourself in. easy fix.

And have to deal with people like Me, you and the OP ?

NO THANKS

Posted

And have to deal with people like Me, you and the OP ?

NO THANKS

you won't. hire some admins.

LOVE U ADMINS!!!

Posted

I long for a $50 game with $15 a month subscription with no cash shop bullshit, that's what I grew up on, all this Free to play/Buy to play/pay for advantages/pay to win is so alien and uncomfortable for me, I just want my comfort zone of a quality game for $15 a month where everybody pays the same amount and everybody gets the same content and chance to achieve stuff from that content

So think again kid

I'm pretty sure every game you have played for the past 12 years has been pay to win. The difference is the money goes to the gold sellers not the company. Daum has done a great job keeping gold sellers out of this game. That is real the pay to win in most MMO's. Not my 3% bonus cooking exp from pets......

1 person likes this

Posted

wait what named workers?

Posted

wait what named workers?

You can get some special professional workers but it's a waste of amity as Artisan is better and you can't promote the special pro workers to Artisan

Posted

You'll see why there are cash shop complaints in approx. 6 months. Daum is gentle for now with the fishing costume and other advantageous costumes. Things will get a lot more worse than they already are. Greed knows no limit.

Posted

How about $400? Thats what I paid for this game ( $100 x 4 for my RL family ).  And we seriously seriously love the game. Even if it had a $14.99 a month subscription, we would pay it.  We all played EQ2 for 8 years with a $14.99 sub each month each, PLUS we bought the game for $60 each when it was new and had to pay $45 each year for the expansion packs.

When we love something, we stay, like BDO. You are correct, this game is amazing! I just don't understand all the complainers expecting so much more for their $29.99. I've spent hundreds on it so far and have way more than enough to keep me going until the next content update ( maybe next week ). No complaints here . . .well . . . except the no trading thing. lol

1 person likes this

Posted

just don't understand all the complainers expecting so much more for their $29.99.

Because we expect more than a costume for the other $30 ?

Nobody has ever complained about the $30 cost of the game

1 person likes this

Posted

These are the two most forethought posts here.

I'm pretty sure every game you have played for the past 12 years has been pay to win. The difference is the money goes to the gold sellers not the company. Daum has done a great job keeping gold sellers out of this game. That is real the pay to win in most MMO's. Not my 3% bonus cooking exp from pets......

i'm just happy that poor people are suffering in this game. i don't want to be more associated with "those people". they don't have money, so let them wear their rags.

these. So much these. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Dont care about the pricing, devs gotta eat, care about shitty marketing tactics to squeeze pennys and offer no diversity or character customization

1 person likes this

Posted

I fully do. I've been doing quests to unlock making ingots this evening, etc etc, played for roughly a month in RU too. I know fine well what's in this game. This game is fantastic, no doubt about it. But I think their pricing structure in the CS is wrong. Other than that I have very little other complaints. But I will push them on where I feel they can improve as every thinking person should.

1 person likes this

Posted

So think again kid

The thing here is the cash sop however, so lets break this down; keep in mind I am fully aware of both sides of these arguments. The game 30$ not a bad price point, imo I do agree better than 50$ and then 15/month. The cash shop currently does not offer enough to sustain a monthly cost to this game. With the option of maybe what 5-6 costumes currently, some mini pets and then elixirs to slightly help out. In order for the sub model to work they would need to amp up production of the costumes in shop. From a business standpoint this is a great idea however since Dayum is not the owner of the game they only represent the EU/NA sides of it this is a change that even if they wanted to make they would need to create meetings, come up with powerpoints, statistics as to why it is better, Return on investment information and so on then present it all to Pearl Abyss for a final ok. 

Now taking that into consideration there is no real pay to win on the pearl shop. No statistical advantage is given by anything on the shop that would affect pvp in any way. Some can argue that the gained xp from costumes/pets will allow you to hit 52 before someone else. (Plenty of quests offer xp scrolls as a reward as well as achieves) This could be countered by trying to understand each individuals investment on game time. The person with cash shop armor for xp may play less than someone without, therefor negating the advantage. Then there is the guille suite which I have come across and yes it is a pain. No statistical advantage stat wise however so in my opinion as mine differs from others not a pay to win outfit. 

I agree with you I would love for this cash shop trend with companies to end but as micro-transactions become more and more of a draw for these companies and more and more people throw money away they wont go. So take it as a good/bad sign, find out what you want from the Cash Shop, buy it and consider that your payment for what would be your sub. Realistically what do you need from cash shop? Costume for extra xp and a few pets? Ending investment for you at that rate is cheaper than the 50$ + monthly sub. 

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with you I would love for this cash shop trend with companies to end but as micro-transactions become more and more of a draw for these companies and more and more people throw money away they wont go. So take it as a good/bad sign, find out what you want from the Cash Shop, buy it and consider that your payment for what would be your sub. Realistically what do you need from cash shop? Costume for extra xp and a few pets? Ending investment for you at that rate is cheaper than the 50$ + monthly sub. 

I hate the system so why would I ever want to contribute to keeping it this way ?

It's funny really because I've spent well over $1,000 on skins in LoL, spent a lot on tanks in armoured warfare too

You know what they had in common ? They didn't have mechanics designed to coerce me to spend and the prices were actually worth what I was paying. $30 for a costume ? Get f#d, you ain't no Versace of the MMO world

6 people like this

Posted

You'll see why there are cash shop complaints in approx. 6 months. Daum is gentle for now with the fishing costume and other advantageous costumes. Things will get a lot more worse than they already are. Greed knows no limit.

Anything that will be in the cash shop in 6 months is already in KR version. If you are the type to buy all costumes yes you will be broke and not able to take your woman to a nice McDonalds date like you do every Saturday. However if your like the other half of the argument you buy maybe 1 costume, 3 pets and call it a day. People fail to realize that anything Daum decides they want to do in the game. Be it requests that they like of ours, or things they wanna do on their own they do need to set up meetings, conferences, powerpoints, create return on investment information and so on then pass it all by Pearl Abyss the owners of this game and then Pearl Abyss can say yay or nay or even offer alternatives to the changes which then Daum would probably go back have meetings of their own to talk it over and then process almost repeats itself until there is an agreement on a change. 

It's not that greed knows no limits its that people do not understand the current business trend, and a trend is a trend just like people wear the same style clothing. In order to be successful you need to follow these trends or fall behind. The current trend all games have is a cash option of sorts and that will sadly stay this way for another 3-5 years at least. 

Posted

So think again kid

buy $30 game, immediately invest $60, that's equivalent to your $60 game and the first two months of sub. buy literally everything you "need" from cash shop. enjoy not paying monthly, but only when you want something.

1 person likes this

Posted

thank you very much.

buy $30 game, immediately invest $60, that's equivalent to your $60 game and the first two months of sub. buy literally everything you "need" from cash shop. enjoy not paying monthly, but only when you want something.

thank you very much

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate the system so why would I ever want to contribute to keeping it this way ?

It's funny really because I've spent well over $1,000 on skins in LoL, spent a lot on tanks in armoured warfare too

You know what they had in common ? They didn't have mechanics designed to coerce me to spend and the prices were actually worth what I was paying. $30 for a costume ? Get f#d, you ain't no Versace of the MMO world

lol, I never argued for them on the price of the costumes more so the concept behind the ideas. The prices are yes wildly out of control.