• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash Shop Complaints

89 posts in this topic

Posted

buy $30 game, immediately invest $60, that's equivalent to your $60 game and the first two months of sub. buy literally everything you "need" from cash shop. enjoy not paying monthly, but only when you want something.

Upping weight limit alone costs $30

Inventory is another $72

That's $100 just to play at levels considered standard in most MMO's and that's only 1 character, what if I like to play different characters that's literally $500 before I even start playing the game

You say that's normal ? I say f# that

4 people like this

Posted

I feel like most of the people on these forums who QQ all day about cash shop prices probably wouldn't even be playing this game if it was $50 bucks + $15 a month subscription.  Too many people on here expect the world from Daum for their $29.99 purchase. This game is seriously impressive. Try to go play another mmorpg after you played BDO for a full month. I tried and I couldn't....This game is truly next gen and I'm excited to see what it will turn into in the future. 

Only complaint is that i spent 160 dollars on dyes two weeks ago and now they are 33% off.

Posted

Another useless thread to feign ignorance to make it seem like they have an argument. People complaining about the cash shop doesn't suddenly mean they want everything for the games base price. You probably already knew this, but maybe I'm giving you too much credit and you're actually clueless.

Posted (edited)

I feel like most of the people on these forums who QQ all day about cash shop prices probably wouldn't even be playing this game if it was $50 bucks + $15 a month subscription.  Too many people on here expect the world from Daum for their $29.99 purchase. This game is seriously impressive. Try to go play another mmorpg after you played BDO for a full month. I tried and I couldn't....This game is truly next gen and I'm excited to see what it will turn into in the future. 

You still dont get it, that a very large part of the players want to use the cash shop, but dont because their pricing is indeed quite very high compare to thoses "virtual services / product"

So yeah, but you are wrong, about :"Too many people on here expect the world from Daum for their $29.99 purchase"

Many want to support the game with the cash shop, but finaly dont because they feel a bit "scammed", so its not hard to understand that in that situation, whatever how much you can love the game, ppl will not pay more than the fee entrance.

Its kinda like, lets say i have a little shop in my neighbourhood i like a lot for welcome and so on, if the owner want to sell me 1 water bottle at 10$, whatever how much i can like him / his shop, i will not buy it.

That's pretty simple.

And its so far not like you have XXXXtopic about that, and XXXXXppl saying so.

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

I'd absolutely love it if BDO were a $50 game with $15/month subscription. It would be a whole ton cheaper than it is now.  $15 a month isn't even enough for one costume a month, let alone everything else like dyes, mount costumes, pets, and such.  It would help if expensive costumes weren't the only way to get some decent appearance options.

1 person likes this

Posted

I long for a $50 game with $15 a month subscription with no cash shop bullshit, that's what I grew up on, all this Free to play/Buy to play/pay for advantages/pay to win is so alien and uncomfortable for me, I just want my comfort zone of a quality game for $15 a month where everybody pays the same amount and everybody gets the same content and chance to achieve stuff from that content

So think again kid

Wow. You hit the nail on the head here. When I was 12 Id mow lawns to pay for my asherons call 2 subscription.

No regrets. Subs are awesome.

Posted

Anything that will be in the cash shop in 6 months is already in KR version. If you are the type to buy all costumes yes you will be broke and not able to take your woman to a nice McDonalds date like you do every Saturday. However if your like the other half of the argument you buy maybe 1 costume, 3 pets and call it a day. People fail to realize that anything Daum decides they want to do in the game. Be it requests that they like of ours, or things they wanna do on their own they do need to set up meetings, conferences, powerpoints, create return on investment information and so on then pass it all by Pearl Abyss the owners of this game and then Pearl Abyss can say yay or nay or even offer alternatives to the changes which then Daum would probably go back have meetings of their own to talk it over and then process almost repeats itself until there is an agreement on a change. 

It's not that greed knows no limits its that people do not understand the current business trend, and a trend is a trend just like people wear the same style clothing. In order to be successful you need to follow these trends or fall behind. The current trend all games have is a cash option of sorts and that will sadly stay this way for another 3-5 years at least. 

And tell me how KR version is working out for them? It's heavily P2W... >_>

Posted

Agree with OP.

Get rekt cry babies, nobody forces you to buy! 

GET REKT!!!!!!!! :D 

Posted

Agree with OP.

Get rekt cry babies, nobody forces you to buy! 

GET REKT!!!!!!!! :D 

Oh the contradiction...

Posted (edited)

It's because other MMORPGs (even f2p) offer some sort of decent looking in-game armor while the only way to become decent looking in BDO is to spend ~$29 on each costume. There are a couple of decent looking sets in-game but it depends on what class you play. Pretty weird that the customization is so shit since the game uses its customization as its selling point. It's kind of a shame since it's just 1 small push from perfection but it won't take the step. I wouldn't mind if the dye/costume system was like GW2's, but no it -----ing isn't and judging by how they've addressed the situation so far it will never -----ing happen.

Edited by Emforay

Posted (edited)

It is what it is. I don't mind the cash shop prices at all. I think if you get down to fundamentals, by the time you spent what this game really should cost ($60-$75) in the upfront cost ($30) and cash shop ($30-$45), you have value. If PK is your thing, you buy the Ghillie, if wanting to look unique is your thing, you buy a costume + dyes etc etc etc. If you want everything, you pay more. End of.

But it's not fine to add a load of F2P scams on top of the B2P/Cash shop. That stinks and it's what's makes me think I may not spend as much time with this game as I thought. Talking from a PVE perspective, games where the fattest wallet wins as opposed to the players with the best wits or skill are ten-a-penny and common as trash boring now. This game is skirting awfully close to that already and I have no doubt it will get worse down the line.

Edited by Keth
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm ok with aspects of the current system.  I don't mind spending money on a game I'm really into, but the current setup is overly expensive.  The costume system is simply bad, having such a small amount of deviation in gear look is silly in and of itself, but to have character bound outfits at such a high price is ridiculous.  The pet update though, is just infuriating.  Pets are expensive as a standalone, but the chances of getting the xp boost we all want is so low it is ludicrous.  I've combined pets 10 times with not a single + xp roll.  I'm alright with RNG, but the way it is setup now is gross.  No, I didn't "HAVE" to buy these pets, but as someone who plays games to be at the top of the curve and is now working full time post college, I really can't afford to not take advantage of everything possible

1 person likes this

Posted

Random Player:

Outfit £30 OMG I'm not paying that...

Outfit £10-15 Nice I think I'll buy more then one Outfit -Spends 45-60£ (???)

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry, but you are wrong. Look at Guild Wars 2: pay a little bit more for the game, no fee and regular updates. They have a gem store where  you can buy items for real cash, just like the pearl shop, but with this difference: you can use your ingame gold to buy gems too. And it works perfectly! Those who want something quick buy with cash where others take their time to farm gold to exchange with gems.

Posted

Sorry, but you are wrong. Look at Guild Wars 2: pay a little bit more for the game, no fee and regular updates. They have a gem store where  you can buy items for real cash, just like the pearl shop, but with this difference: you can use your ingame gold to buy gems too. And it works perfectly! Those who want something quick buy with cash where others take their time to farm gold to exchange with gems.

I had forgotten about that buy gems for gold .

Posted

Random Player:

You tried to make a point but just proved the side you are "against" right. lol

If that same person wanted more costumes at the 30 dollar price he'd only have maybe 2. But if the prices were dropped like you said, he would have 6 costumes instead. See the difference? 

Posted

You tried to make a point but just proved the side you are "against" right. lol

If that same person wanted more costumes at the 30 dollar price he'd only have maybe 2. But if the prices were dropped like you said, he would have 6 costumes instead. See the difference? 

Nope , Wrong just Saying this is what Happens.

Posted (edited)

Nope , Wrong just Saying this is what Happens.

you questioned the "Random Player" for spending 45-60 because he wouldn't spend 30 am I correct? 

So again you tried to make a point and failed.

Edited by Hiddenfee

Posted

you questioned the "Random Player" for spending 45-60 because he would spend 30 am I correct? 

So again you tried to make a point and failed.

what Part of No don't you understand.

Posted

Upping weight limit alone costs $30

Inventory is another $72

That's $100 just to play at levels considered standard in most MMO's and that's only 1 character, what if I like to play different characters that's literally $500 before I even start playing the game

You say that's normal ? I say f# that

Do you play this game at all? Like have you actually logged in and taken part in the combat? Or the quests? Or anything that's past Olvia?

You get inventory space from quests.

You get warehouse space from using CP to buy storage.

You get CP from quests.

You get given a mount for free.

You can buy a mount or wagon to cary heavy things for you.

You can use the warehouse to send up to 40 items from one town to another.

You can level up your carry weight.

Everything you complained about is available for free in the game. 

Posted (edited)

Random Player:

To me, by adding the triple questions marks after the person spent 45-60 on outfits means you dont understand why he'd spend that much if he wouldnt spend 30.

You still shot yourself in the face. lol

Edited by Hiddenfee

Posted

To me, by adding the triple questions marks after the person spent 45-60 on outfits means you dont understand why he'd spend that much if he wouldnt spend 30.

You still shot yourself in the face. lol

Okay, just keep telling you,re self that if it make you think you got one up on me or something.

Posted

Do you play this game at all? Like have you actually logged in and taken part in the combat? Or the quests? Or anything that's past Olvia?

You get inventory space from quests.

You get warehouse space from using CP to buy storage.

You get CP from quests.

You get given a mount for free.

You can buy a mount or wagon to cary heavy things for you.

You can use the warehouse to send up to 40 items from one town to another.

You can level up your carry weight.

Everything you complained about is available for free in the game. 

You get a pitiful amount of inventory

and 45 extra weight ? Compared to getting over 300 worth weight in cash shop ?

Don't make me laugh

The only reasonable priced thing in the entire cash shop is actually warehouse slots, 16 for $3 is actually worth it

But you want more more inventory ? No it's $1 per slot, what a f#ing joke

Posted

..This game is truly next gen and I'm excited to see what it will turn into in the future. 

top next gen

try farming ogres for 5h a day every day for over 2 weeks without getting shit and then have some random kid kill 10 ogres for an hour and get ring 

try playing x3 of someone else who gets +15 items with 3-4 correction while you're on 30 correction for every enchant at +11/12 

so next gen

Posted

You get a pitiful amount of inventory

and 45 extra weight ? Compared to getting over 300 worth weight in cash shop ?

Don't make me laugh

The only reasonable priced thing in the entire cash shop is actually warehouse slots, 16 for $3 is actually worth it

But you want more more inventory ? No it's $1 per slot, what a f#ing joke

In all seriousness, do you actually play the game? Please do answer truthfully. I'm guessing you've never touched this game, or you've grinded your way to max level and never touched a quest. I'm currently level 35 (purely via fishing, trading and minimal quests) and I've already got 60 inventory slots. So many quests give you inventory slots just for completing them. If you'd actually play the game or do your quests you can easily get more than enough inventory slots FOR FREE

But you want more carry weight right? Then why not use a mount? Or a wagon? Or a boat? Or level up your carry weight? 

Do you want to move your warehouse items from one town to another? Is that it? then hire a 40 SLOT wagon to do it for around 5k silver.

Oh no...the game let's you buy more inventory and carry weight...the shock...the horror...if only it gave you free inventory space or gave you multiple ways to carry heavy objects...

2 people like this