• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New pet breeding system [ Discussion ] [Feedback ] #MainTopic

156 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Due to the large number of recurring topics regarding the new pet breeding system, I created this topic to collect community feedback about it.

Please post your suggestions and feedback only in this topic. If you see that someone has created another topic about new system, please send it back to this one.

Edited by Deska

Posted (edited)

its kinda....... bad

People have been combining two different pets and the outcome doesn't even resemble their original parent pets at all... that is wrong if it's called a "breeding" system, right now it's just rerolling at a 9$ cost of the 2nd pet

When two animals breed they both don't die to have their youngin' succeed them, usually they stay alive. An idea to make this a better system in one persons eyes;

1. Two fresh off the shop pets breed, they create an offspring

2. The parent pets lose their bonuses (become cosmetic) while the offspring gets a bit from both parents

3. Increase the total amount of pets you can have at once to accommodate the parent pets, or if you want you can release them 

Edited by Crazy Mike
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

My feedback is I seen people show it on the KR server and about half the time they would get +combat exp (but this included the +5/+7), this seems to be a rare skill on NA/EU. I sorta expected at least one pet to get it even if RNGesus didn't smile heavily on me.

edit: Now if I was looking for some cooking exp+ I would be leaving vegas a winner.

Edited by CommonS
1 person likes this

Posted

I also burned a lot of money on pets and got crappy skills. Many horse skill rerolls, also only crap. Not another euro ever lol, this is just useless.

Posted

I think a lot of people are upset that they can lose the original abilities of the pets like detecting hostile players. It feels like there needs to be an option to choose to keep the original abilities the pets have.

9 people like this

Posted

This is basically a "gacha box" you see in all f2p games masked as pet breeding.

Prove me wrong.

Protip:

You can't.

3 people like this

Posted

Issue with pet breeding:

Special Abilities can change.

In your patch notes you mention that the skills can change, but no where did you mention that the special abilities would change. Is this a bug or a intended feature?

My cat now detects hostile creatures vs gathering material, which to be honest was a win for me (thank you little baby RNGJesus) but for the folks that bought dogs, they can lose that special which for some is the reason they went for the dogs in the first place.

I can see how you can keep skills, but no where in the screen did I see anything about special abilities.

4 people like this

Posted

I bought 100 euro worth of pets and did not see combat exp and my dog lost its detect hostile but it's fine I wont be buying anymore pearl keep lying and use them bait and switch and even whales like me will stop.

Posted

I bought 100 euro worth of pets and did not see combat exp and my dog lost its detect hostile but it's fine I wont be buying anymore pearl keep lying and use them bait and switch and even whales like me will stop.

Combat exp, well that just bad rng and I'm sorry for you but that is the gamble. Now losing the special ability, I feel for you there. No mention by them at all about this.

Posted

I understand RNG and it's a way to entice people to spend more money to get what they want in the end, but I don't think it was a good idea for RNG to take effect on changing the special skill of a pet from one to another.

In the cash shop, the description for each type of pet is clear... Hawk finds elite mobs, dogs find opponents, and cats find resources.  While it's kind of cool for other pets to take another's skill, I think it should have been optional and not RNG.

After breeding many pets, I got what I wanted except that the skills of my pets changed to something I did not want and is useless in my book.  Not only did I spend money for this, but it's like a slap in the face after the fact.  I won't be spending any more cash as a result for future purchases unless I see some improvements.

4 people like this

Posted

Losing the special abilities is support refund worthy in my opinion, you didnt include it in the patch notes, and it did turn pets useless and put people in a situation where they have to buy more pets just to get back those special abilities.

1 person likes this

Posted

Remember to keep constructive discussion. Spam, off-topic will be removed + reward if needed :D 

Posted

I personaly dont care about stats at all.

But for the love of god, let me have the colour I want. Let us switch colours, Please.

Not breeding up and failing with some weird pink toy dog.

4 people like this

Posted

I think a lot of people are upset that they can lose the original abilities of the pets like detecting hostile players. It feels like there needs to be an option to choose to keep the original abilities the pets have.

This is the worst part so far. I had a T3 cat get monster taunt. I don't intend to try for T4 on anything any time soon. I won't be rerolling or trying for any stats. So aside from being able to lose the default bonus. I don't mind the system. 

I do think that 1 pet per family account. Be it through quest or what not should be offered. Possibly even with a quest line to get it up to T3 or T4. No choosing the stats or anything just. Here you go here's a pet with some stats after a nice lengthy quest chain, that you can use on all of your characters. Clearly the people trying to get 3 T4's with perfect stats will continue to do so. People like me who just want 3 pets can spend some extra for that. So money will still get spent.

I rambled.

1 person likes this

Posted

Combat exp, well that just bad rng and I'm sorry for you but that is the gamble. Now losing the special ability, I feel for you there. No mention by them at all about this.

It's a fact that combat exp has lower chance either to make you spend more money or to stop people crying pay2win spoilers game already is pay2win I can carry more and ress myself when I die with tears.

Losing the special abilities is support refund worthy in my opinion, you didnt include it in the patch notes, and it did turn pets useless and put people in a situation where they have to buy more pets just to get back those special abilities.

It really feels like no one knows anything about the patch till it is applied I mean how many companies do you know post patch note AFTER the patch?

Posted

I would not recommend pet breeding to anyone that would wish to have specific stats on it (Combat/Karma Combo which is even rarer)

Stick to having pets as auto loot buddies, if you don't have or aren't willing to throw money on it, please don't even bother.

Unless you want a different appearance pet, it isn't so bad. But to aim for stats like I've stated is a huge money sink.

It isn't for everyone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

From a cosmetic point of view, the system is incredible. But there are a few things that makes me cringe about how it is being handled.

The first point is how no pets are available outside the Pearl Store. This might not be an issue for everybody - it is not for me either - but considering that this system could be much more interesting and include a bigger array of people, I believe that restricting pets to the store is downgrading a system that could be so much more. In a sandbox game like BDO, it's a little sad that we actually have to spend money for a feature - this comes from someone who's been thoroughly defending the current store mechanism. I don't mean to give access to everyone for every pets; I do think however that some pets should be accessible one way or another in game. It doesn't even have to be a store pet, it could just be a new specie only accessible through gameplay.

The second point I have is how it's all RNG. I like the idea of having some kind of variety with my pets, even though I think that the RNG on cosmetics is a little too strong. However, we should be able to access rare items that could guarantee a stat (once again only accessible in-game), with a rarity similar to the ogre ring.

My big issue, after all, is that the system feel detached from the game. It doesn't feel like a complement, but rather a Pearl Store slot machine. Now personally. I have the money for it (and a tier 4 bird), but I genuinely think that the system isn't as good as it should be.

Edited by Lurianar
1 person likes this

Posted

want white/black cat.. get orange/white t3 cat...make another cat black striped t3.. combine both t3s.....get a -----ing orange/white t3 like the one from before.

----- this shit.

Posted

As it stands now the chances of getting the kind of pet you are looking for are extremely slim and massively costly.

It is hard enough to get the right skills you want, but when you do the pet has a big chance to have lost the special you wanted. Once you go through loads of real life cash and find the pet with the right skills and special... chances are it is extremely ugly.

So even though I don't mind a bit of RNG in the shop, this is way beyond extreme in my opinion.

I spend a lot of money on it and now have 3 pets left over I do not like the looks of and don't have either the skills or specials I want (none detect hostiles)...

Posted

Understad the devs need money but how about actually working for it? So far ive been sold a game for a full game price, I had to buy a costume for 30 dollars, I had to buy 2 more pets for 10 dollars each. Thats more than enough to keep the game running and pay a salary for a year for every employee. How about just making costumes and sellign the like you had planned. Instead we get fckin 2 costumes in the shop and being ignored by GM's and CM's

Posted

First.... dont call it "breeding" because "breeding" would end in 3 Pets.

Loosing Special Abilities is the worst, specially with such a Luxury premium priced Cash Shop.

Also locking Items that gives a advance behind a Pay-Wall and no way to get them ingame is another thing a "B2P" Game never should have.

2 people like this

Posted

From a cosmetic point of view, the system is incredible. But there are a few things that makes me cringe about how it is being handled.

The first point is how no pets are available outside the Pearl Store. This might not be an issue for everybody - it is not for me either - but considering that this system could be much more interesting and include a bigger array of people, I believe that restricting pets to the store is downgrading a system that could be so much more.

I believe in Korea, you are able to sell Cash Shop items in the marketplace. Although doing that would indeed enable the pets for everyone, this however would make it directly P2W, by having to be able to exchange silver <-> pearls. I believe this is the exact reason as of why such feature is disabled in NA/EU region. I am unsure whether this would be a permanent change or only temporary.

A choice of 1 pet between a dog and a cat is also available after 5000 hour accumulated gameplay.. but I personally find it ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah none of the pets I have have any skills.  So...?

Posted

Due to the large number of recurring topics regarding the new pet breeding system, I created this topic to collect community feedback about it.

Please post your suggestions and feedback only in this topic. If you see that someone has created another topic about new system, please send it back to this one.

So you close threads with 5 pages or more with lots of data and make another one to start from nothing.

Makes sense .......

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you are going to want the best skills and stats all the time, you are in for a bad time.  If you are casual and only care to get one good skill or what have you, shouldn't be too big of an issue.  I do enjoy it gives you a different/unique looking pet and am fine with the price required although an in-game way I wouldn't oppose.

Edited by JerryBoyle