• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New pet breeding system [ Discussion ] [Feedback ] #MainTopic

156 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I bred a cat and a dog each.. and both went Tier 1-> 3.. BOTH LOST their racial ability (sense pvp/sense resources) to get "taunt".. both have the incredible shitty bonus of +3% Farming and +3% Karma regain each.. and the cat looks like shit now.... i wont use the system anymore, money wasted.

Edited by Khel

Posted

I bred a cat and a dog each.. and both went Tier 1-> 3.. BOTH LOST their racial ability (sense pvp/sense resources) to get "taunt".. both have the incredible shitty bonus of +3% Farming and +3% Karma regain each.. and the cat looks like shit now.... i wont use the system anymore, money wasted.

Same happened to me, my cat looks like a failure right out of a nuclear power station, so ugly and with purple eyes.

Posted

It's pretty unanimous that it's shot going by General reactions.

Posted

@@Deska All I want to know is: Is it considered 'normal' that breeding pets changes their base ability?

I had three cats (one "free" and two bought (+$30) all with find resources, which I decide was one too many.

So I bought a dog (+$10 = $40) so as to have a pet with detect hostile.

I bred two of my cats and got a tier 3 cat with detect hostile.

I bred the other with a bought cat (+$10 = $50) and got another tier 3 cat with detect hostile.

That is $50 for 3 pets, all with detect hostile.

Will they change my cats back to what I paid for or am I screwed?

1 person likes this

Posted

I like the new pets but I will NOT be buying any more. I tried a few times to get T3+T3 to go T4. If the pets were a couple dollars a piece, ok MAYBE but I don't go down to the corner market to buy 10-20 dollar scratch off tickets IRL for a chance to win something real. I'm not going to do it here for a stupid pet. This goes well beyond gambling.

Solutions:

1. Drop the cost of the pets on the store and throw in a couple ways to earn them in the game.
  2. Keep them the way they are but guarantee same tier combinations to gain a tier. Ex: T2 + T2 = T3 etc

In addition:

• Once a pet skin is "discovered" allow us to use it or change our pets to those skins WITHOUT real money. (Do this for the horses as well, some of the skins are just ridiculous!)
  • I get the bonuses are bonus. Great. I also like some of the NEW special abilities (ie, taunt) but we did not buy the animal with it and some of us did buy the pets for ability so let us choose to keep it in the same respect that you have allowed us to choose to keep some of the bonuses.

Posted

Good business to get lots of money from players.. Bad practice towards your playerbase.. I still think pets should be available in-game somehow, other than the 5k hour reward.

Perfectly fine with cash show being higher tier or unique colours.. but lets us get and breed outside the money system, wayy to much f2p concept, and most of those game got an in-game alternative.

Posted

I think most people have been burned hard enough by the shop by now to have been turned off by it. Daum made a quick buck but they definitely aren't earning any long-time customers here. It doesn't really show faith in their product IMO (like they think most people will be quitting before long either way).

Posted

@@CM_Jouska
Regarding the Base Ability changing, a simple "It's a bug", "Working as Intended" or "We're Looking at it" would go a long way.

My ticket has been in for 8 days.

Posted

@@CM_Jouska
Regarding the Base Ability changing, a simple "It's a bug", "Working as Intended" or "We're Looking at it" would go a long way.

My ticket has been in for 8 days.

It is working as intended, but the request to change this has been noted and pushed up the chain.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was all for this system being here, it's a way to make money.  However some of the results are just ridiculous.  I bred 4x lvl 10 T3 cats.  Both times all I got was another T3 cat.  Having something to show would be amazing but it's just nope there goes your money, pay us more.

Posted

Thank you for the answer.

No more money for THIS company.

Posted

yeah another point is that my 2 cats smashed together, the T3 cat really looks like shit now...guild member laughing at me because my ugly cat...and me idiot payed 20€...to be the joke.

ill save my money now, sorry.

Posted

Still waiting on the resolution regarding the special skills issue.  I'll wait it out until the next regular maintenance to see if it will be fixed or not.  Also still waiting on a response on the support ticket.

Posted (edited)

Due to the large number of recurring topics regarding the new pet breeding system, I created this topic to collect community feedback about it.

Please post your suggestions and feedback only in this topic. If you see that someone has created another topic about new system, please send it back to this one.

Here is my premium 20€ shit cat :(

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by Necromonger

Posted (edited)

Edited by Liger
Messed up

Posted

This is basically a "gacha box" you see in all f2p games masked as pet breeding.

Prove me wrong.

Protip:

Hidden Content

This is a Free to Play game right?

Posted (edited)

@Chigikogou.. How did you get those pretty black hawks? 2 browns??

Also, seeing your posts in another thread about getting +EXP +Karma finally.. would you say this process should be easier now that you can get skill at T1L10 and decide which skills to keep between parents when breeding towards T3/T4? thx!

To Devs: we need bird cage for house.. plz halp. xD

Edited by Am1

Posted

@Chigikogou.. How did you get those pretty black hawks? 2 browns??

Also, seeing your posts in another thread about getting +EXP +Karma finally.. would you say this process should be easier now that you can get skill at T1L10 and decide which skills to keep between parents when breeding towards T3/T4? thx!

Yes, it's from combining Brown Guide Hawks exclusively. (No Sky Hawk mix)

I'd say you have more chances of rolling for +EXP and +Karma. Level your T1 to 10 first and who knows? You might roll +EXP or +Karma (I'd recommend aiming for +EXP since they're heaps difficult to get in my opinion)

From that if you get +EXP then you're lucky. Transfer that T1's skill on to the next one.

Levelling pets to 10 and getting lucky with +EXP guarantees you'll have it immediately rather than straight up exchanging two pets and hoping for a +EXP roll.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I told CS that there is absolutely no documentation to indicate that a pets base ability can change. You have to see this response:

The wording might have mislead you but as you said it is a base ability when you breed your pet and raise its level above the base tier of 1 this is no longer a base pet.

We do hope you can come to terms with this mechanic.

Enjoy the game.

GM Dresden
Black Desert Online Customer Support

Holy -----ing shit... I am speechless.

Edited by Reiver

Posted (edited)

^So, basically.. "we know the game is poorly translated but let me make up some justification based on that real quick"? xD

I mean, I like the mechanic that your pet can learn other pet's "base ability" (even though they aren't "base pets" anymore? :P) when "breeding"..
but I do kinda feel like if you bought 2 dogs, both with base ability to Detect Hostile and "breed" them together, you're probably trying to get a Tier 3 dog.. with Detect Hostile. 

As such, it might be *nice* to have the ability to keep OLD base or accept NEW base skill.

I've yet to breed my dogs because I'm a little worried about this.. I'm *really* hoping one of my hawks learns Detect Hostile, though. :P

Edited by Am1

Posted

GM Gemu says I should have chosen to inherit the detect resources skill.

Where do they find these people?

Posted

Can you do that? Select to inherit the base ability? You can choose to inherit skills, but I don't think ability is attached to that?

Presumably both parents would have the base ability.. :P

Posted

Let us pick the cosmetic look and buffs for a higher price tag.

RNG is horrible. 

I despise anything RNG.

Posted

I think RNG is fine in a game. I'm okay with enchanting being random. I'm okay with drops being random. A lot of things can be random, fine.

But things paid with real money such as dyes, pets should not be random this way. Even if it does not give a bonus just a cosmetic I feel you should have the right to get what you want for it's price. I don't think it's a good system where If you wan't a specific pet and you can only hope that you'll have luck exchanging other pets for it.

For dyes it's even crazier. If you want let's say 1-2 normal deep blue dyes, you can purchase tons of dye bundles and still not get it. Most of the blue dyes are "indigo" anyways which is more like purple than blue.

#rant out 

2 people like this