• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pearl shop The Prices Still Need To Be Fixed.

99 posts in this topic

Posted

all I see are a bunch of waitresses wanting ferrari's in this thread...

thanks for the bump dude :^)

1 person likes this

Posted

+1.

Lower prices, make vanity items craftable and/or at the very least world drops.

You added a price on the game itself; you have to make up for that with lower prices for shop items than in KR.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

I find it ridiculous a costume costs the price of the entire game. They could have made them $20 and no one would have batted an eye at all.

Posted

+1

Posted

I'd probably buy stuff, if my extra cash could get me more than half a costume.

Posted

Prices across the board need to be brought down by at least another 20%

Also at least 1 costume set that carries stats needs to be put on the loyalty store as well as the gillie suit
maybe 3000 loyalty for the basic costume, and 5000 loyalty for the gillie. 

This will also allow players who cannot afford them to get equal footing with those who can. 
and it will stop the pay to win debate about these items.

1 person likes this

Posted

all I see are a bunch of waitresses wanting ferrari's in this thread...

Exactly.
I support maybe adding in a difficult quest to allow players the option to get a cheap pet, maybe one that is not as efficient as Cash Shop etc etc.
However I DO NOT agree with players asking for cheaper stuff in Cash Shop.
The Cash Shop is ENTIRELY Cosmetic, the functional parts of Cash Shop can be earned in the game already via quests and strength training.
No need to change prices because someone cries they don't make as much money as the next person.

Posted

I think that change loyalty with pearls isn't the correct way.. Why don't to create outfit buyable for 10k loyalties?

Posted

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000

you get the point but i think ud better to post what u guys want in terms of Pricing

15$ for Class Spicfic set

25$ for all Classes 

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly.I support maybe adding in a difficult quest to allow players the option to get a cheap pet, maybe one that is not as efficient as Cash Shop etc etc.
The Cash Shop is ENTIRELY Cosmetic, the functional parts of Cash Shop can be earned in the game already via quests and strength training.
No need to change prices because someone cries they don't make as much money as the next person.

"maybe one that is not efficient as Cash Shop"

"the cash shop is ENTIRELY cosmetic"

do you hear yourself advocating for p2w? because you just did.

Posted

The avoidance of CMs on this topic shows that they could care less. But +1.

Posted

I can personally say that, as a person who's put $10-$20 here and there over several years into Warframe, having your cash shop currency go a long way really helps your customers justify a purchase.

Very few things you NEED in warframe are more than a few bucks worth of Platinum. In fact, $5 is an entire color picker palette, two and a half warframe or weapon slots, etc.

Maybe adjust the prices of certain costumes as new ones get released. Have new costumes start at $20-$30 depending on quality and have older costumes get a $5-$10 price drop to a minimum of $10 after X generations of costumes released (Similar to League of Legends' pricing for Champions).

Beyond that, there should be other ways where you make people feel happy to just spend $10-$20 here and there on Pearls and not dangle items in front of them that are equal to the price of the game. Heck, add in an option to buy certain costumes as a Family-wide infinitely re-claimable set for $40-$50 for all characters in your family. After all, if someone likes the look of that whole series, reward them for splurging by only charging them $10-$20 more for an account-wide version for all their characters! Bern series would be amazing on all of my characters, but so would Karlstein as well. I'd spend a touch extra for an account-wide set of costumes I could claim on any character on my account.

Beyond such, maybe add in a Loyalties item you could buy to put a discount on X amount of purchases using Pearls as a payment. For example, 3k pearls could buy you a 15%-20% discount on one item purchased with pearls, 7.5K would increase the discount to 25% on the next two purchases paid for with Pearls, etc.

Combining Loyalties with Pearls in such a way would help people with less money but more time to be able to buy more and not feel like it was a waste.

Posted

Exactly.I support maybe adding in a difficult quest to allow players the option to get a cheap pet, maybe one that is not as efficient as Cash Shop etc etc.

The cash shop is a mixture of cosmetic and pay-to-advantage items which also cross the grey p2w boundary. If you choose not to buy carry increases and inventory slots, you're missing out on 300 LT and 80+ inventory slots that aren't obtainable without cash. The ghillie suit creates a large pay-to-advantage gap by comparison to weight and inventory stuff since the ghillie suit adds a completely new mechanic that you cannot use unless you pay money. Elion's tear is absolutely pay-to-win since it nullifies penalty of death and also allows you to get back up if you choose. Therefore your information is false in my eyes.

Posted

The cash shop is a mixture of cosmetic and pay-to-advantage items which also cross the grey p2w boundary. If you choose not to buy carry increases and inventory slots, you're missing out on 300 LT and 80+ inventory slots that aren't obtainable without cash. The ghillie suit creates a large pay-to-advantage gap by comparison to weight and inventory stuff since the ghillie suit adds a completely new mechanic that you cannot use unless you pay money. Elion's tear is absolutely pay-to-win since it nullifies penalty of death and also allows you to get back up if you choose. Therefore your information is false in my eyes.

Did you ever take into consideration loyalty points to get Elion's Tear etc? (to the best of my knowledge that's how you got it)

Posted (edited)

Did you ever take into consideration loyalty points to get Elion's Tear etc? (to the best of my knowledge that's how you got it)

Your information is outdated, man. Although elion's tears can be purchased for 500 loyalty each, they're also available for 50 pearls in the cash shop. 

Edited by Keshanberk

Posted

From a buisness perspective i'll have to say. I don't mind the current prices. I've used 100$ already and i think i got enough stuff for that money. Plus they can't just lower the prices when it has been this high all the time. Tho they CAN add more "special deals" or discounts so people get the prices they want. But for a limited time.

Posted

The current prices are outrageous. Times are tough. If I would have known how much things in the cash shop were and that you can't even get a pet through a quest line, I might not have even considered buying this game. $29 for a skin just blew my mind. There are people who mod games with skins for FREE. Now I completely understand you need to make money to keep the servers going and that's fine. No way around that. When I was first figuring out how much stuff cost I thought I made a mistake. Everything was 10x the amount I expected it to be. So my suggestion is to lower the price of everything by that amount. I'm OK buying a costume for $2.90, not $29.00. (I don't even spend that much on a real pair of jeans). Not only that, if you did make it that price more people would buy the current costumes and more when they come out. Right now at the current prices I never want to buy anything, and if I did I could only get one total. So business wise its a very good idea to lower prices. Right now you stand to make $0 from most people. At lower prices you would make many, many more sales.

Now for people who somehow had the 100s of $ to buy stuff, just credit their account with the difference in pearls. Don't give them a refund. This would not only keep them from throwing a fit over the lowering of prices, they would love you for it.

Posted

Lets see..

Very little obtainable cosmetic gear in-game + Bend you over cash shop prices of outfits/costumes = Intentional bullshit business practices. 

Posted

From a buisness perspective i'll have to say. I don't mind the current prices. I've used 100$ already and i think i got enough stuff for that money. Plus they can't just lower the prices when it has been this high all the time. Tho they CAN add more "special deals" or discounts so people get the prices they want. But for a limited time.

They can and that pretty easily. For example, lower the prices about 50%, Costumes no cost 1500 Pearls , give everybody who purchased for 2900 pearls , 1400 pearls back.

Everyone who didn`t buy a costume yet will be happy

Everyone who already did buy a costume is happy ( free pearls )

they don`t lose a cent , because pearls can`t be traded back to real money, and digital goods don`t have costs beside development costs, so if daum gives 1 or 100 costumes for 30 Euro wouldn`t change that they get 30 Euros ( contra to real goods who have a production and material cost for each piece)

So and now to the big Question should they do it ?

Yes because , as they don`t lose money with this , they can only gain at the present

for the future selling 1 costume for 30 or 3 for 15 , the latter makes more money ( a lot of people in this forum somehow think that higher prices equals higher income which is total bullshit)

and to top it of, it will create really positive PR adn bring a lot of players back or new to the game who left/didn`t started because of these irrational prices

Posted

There are quite a large portion of players that still pay the current Cash Shop Prices.

So why would they reduce the price when enough of the player base is buying?
I say they should keep prices as they are.

Posted

Here I have already suggested making it possible to exchange loyalty points for pearls. With 100 pearls per 1000 loyalty points it would take around 7-10 months to earn enough pearls for a full costume and 2-3 months for a pet (it's hard to judge with bonus loyalty points from events and total time spent in-game). In my opinion it's a fair deal.

Posted

Costumes have their purpose, they are exclusive and therefor I see no reason to lower the price. This "give everything to everyone" bullshit is pissing me off. So basically for 30 euro you want a costume, pets that can breed (some people go even further and ask to make pets tradable), handjob from Daum CEO and a horse costume?

Just hang yourself. The moment they implement stuff like Loyalty => Pearl conversion, they are done.

Things should stay the way they are, with maybe just slight modifications such as if a person in Ghillie engages in PKing, his "stealth" should be denied. Personally have the Ghillie and I find it a bit op. 

Posted

I find it ridiculous a costume costs the price of the entire game. They could have made them $20 and no one would have batted an eye at all.

I agree, I think 20 for a costume is a lot more fair price than the current prices.

Posted

+1

In my opinion if they made account bound costumes 30 and single character costumes 15 everyone would be happier. They'd simply have to make sets people bought already account bound so they wouldn't cry for a refund.

Other easy solution for pets would be making them instead of a 5000h prize- a 50h prize. Or a 1 time prize for logging in for 7 days. It is a well developed game feature, and most people like animals, so it's a happiness boost that'll make the game more enjoyable in the long run for a lot of players.

1 person likes this