• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Now THAT'S What I Call A View Calpheon!

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Climbed to the top of the Cathedral tower in Calpheon.

Only one thing to do after that, aim for the bushes!

2015-12-21_37836237[-2392_131_-806].JPG

2015-12-21_37851060[-2392_131_-806].JPG

2015-12-21_37916119[-2398_128_-809].JPG

2015-12-21_38051231[-2399_108_-793].JPG

2015-12-21_38052203[-2399_90_-793].JPG

2015-12-21_38053284[-2399_70_-793].JPG

2015-12-21_38054213[-2399_53_-793].JPG

2015-12-21_38055188[-2399_36_-793].JPG

(I didn't survive...)

Edited by Zeta Ghost
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oh, this made me laugh. I hope the animation had arms falling and such.

I'm thinkin' DAUM needs to put an in-game vendor selling cheap parachutes at the top of the tower. The only problem is that the parachutes are made by Goblins. Sometimes they work; sometimes they don't :D!! 

Edited by Solar
2 people like this

Posted

Solar, that's an awesome idea xD I love dev trollings !

Posted

im just wondering 1 single thing. is there fall damage? O.o

Posted

yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Decent view without massive amounts fog. (Rooftops are ultra shiny because it just got done raining ingame)

5677f4f739612_2015-12-20_446050152-2392_

Posted

yes.

awesome! thanks have my like

Posted

Decent view without massive amounts fog. (Rooftops are ultra shiny because it just got done raining ingame)

5677f4f739612_2015-12-20_446050152-2392_

how did you get rid of the fog tho? or is that just a thing that passes?

Posted (edited)

Hehe..

Solar, that's an awesome idea xD I love dev trollings !

Haha. If the parachute works allowing the player some ability to direct where they land various rooftops of the city might have little trinkets on them such as a title "Soaring Eagle", "Sun Grazer", "Wind Walker", "Wind Dancer", "Child of the Sun", "Master of the Aether" or even useful buffs et etc. However, the player does have to deal with wind gust occasionally pushing them off course during the glide down. A successful deployment and glide down while aiming for some rooftop would be scenic showing of the developer's work. It would make a nice visual from the city ground to occasionally see different colored parachutes gliding down from on high.

When the parachute doesn't work (they can break anytime during the glide; or even instantly) the player suddenly receives some randomized message "Runaway Goblin worker made this parachute" or, "Vandals previously cut the strings on this parachute", "Mice long ago chewed holes in this parachute", "You forgot to tighten the belt for this parachute", The strings for your parachute were missing"...

Meanwhile, Azzura and I are sitting on a rock just outside the city having had too much wine and making 10 silver bets LOL!

You just never know until you jump. :P

Edited by Solar
1 person likes this

Posted

Hehe..

Haha. If the parachute works allowing the player some ability to direct where they land various rooftops of the city might have little trinkets on them such as a title "Soaring Eagle", "Sun Grazer", "Wind Walker", "Wind Dancer", "Child of the Sun", "Master of the Aether" or even useful buffs et etc. However, the player does have to deal with wind gust occasionally pushing them off course during the glide down. A successful deployment and glide down while aiming for some rooftop would be scenic showing of the developer's work. It would make a nice visual from the city ground to occasionally see different colored parachutes gliding down from on high.

When the parachute doesn't work (they can break anytime during the glide; or even instantly) the player suddenly receives some randomized message "Runaway Goblin worker made this parachute" or, "Vandals previously cut the strings on this parachute", "Mice long ago chewed holes in this parachute", "You forgot to tighten the belt for this parachute", The strings for your parachute were missing"...

Meanwhile, Azzura and I are sitting on a rock just outside the city having had too much wine and making 10 silver bets LOL!

You just never know until you jump. :P

Reminds me of trying to play Assassin's creed for the first time and my failed jumps from the roofs. 

Posted

fog is a weather effect that comes and goes but I think OP had his view distance turned down.

Posted (edited)

fog is a weather effect that comes and goes but I think OP had his view distance turned down.

Yeah, it looks like OP had it turned down a bit for better performance. 

Not sure. I've personally never seen fog as heavy as in the pictures posted by OP.

Edited by Khrynia

Posted

rip :(

Posted

rip :(

Oh my goodness yes! No announcement to the player save that wonderfully frightening sound!

You win thread.:x

Posted

I died xD.