• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

State of the Game

144 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd like to address the current state of the game and some outstanding issues.

Firstly, this game is a PvP game in my opinion. It wasn't built with a PvE focus so don't try to turn it into one. The development, content required to make this a decent PvE game (and not a grindfest) is not gonna happen. They simply can't do it for the 1-50 now. Endgame content releases are probably the best way to go. I'm a PvP oriented player so please read the below from a PvP player's perspective.

- Exp Curve

First and foremost, this is the biggest problem that must be fixed. I'll address the counter arguments first:
PvE being too easy - Yes, it may be pretty easy. Increasing the difficulty of the monsters is actually great (aka leave it as it is now on NA since it's already increased)
The early game is important - This game has nothing to do with early game. Early game PvP is literally seeing who bought the most pots before they started fighting.
You don't even get your cancels to properly combo for most classes. Some classes will dominate others in PvP solely because of what skills they have access too. 
Example: Warriors not getting Twilight Scars (Scars of Dusk) until 37 so they literally do nothing while Tamer pets pretty much destroy anyone early on.

So to the main point of my argument on the curve is: the current state of the exp curve is absolutely terrible and must be fixed.
Reason:
1-50 is a tutorial - You should be leveling at the same speed as your Black Spirit Quests, not doing a few and then having to grind for hours before you get your next quest that forces you to run half the map back. The game doesn't begin until level 50 since many classes don't even get their core skills until 40+ and won't have the skill points either to choose them all either. It's like trying to go fishing (IRL) without a fishing rod or bait. The game is designed for 50+, not pre.

- Karma/Tendency

The current karma gains/losses is actually pretty good. Unfortunately with the exp curve as it stands, it is essentially equivalent to KR's rates which are NOT good. If the rates are kept the same but the exp curve is easier, it would be perfectly balanced.

- Trade

If you don't want your game to die very quickly from gold sellers, don't enable trading. ANY trading. Anything that can be sold to vendors can be used to trade gold.

- Servers

Current state of the server is perfect. Don't touch it. Don't add too many channels on launch but unlocking 4,5 and maybe adding a 6th will be good for launch.

- Party Exp

Change to have partying give a small bonus exp towards your (other) party members and not taking away from your own when you kill mobs. This will encourage party play but not make it so that everyone will get power leveled to 50.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - Make these changes to the game and suddenly everyone will love you and throw money at you. Thanks~

Edited by NexG
clarity
12 people like this

Posted

Oh look another one of those, "THIS IS A PVP ONLY GAME... because skills have combos and stuns and stuff", wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted

Pretty much why I'm writing this. State of the beta, state of the game. These are the changes they should make based on the beta. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

1 person likes this

Posted

- Servers

Current state of the server is perfect. Don't touch it. Don't add too many channels on launch but unlocking 4,5 and maybe adding a 6th will be good for launch.

The game needs FAR more channels than the cbt1 has, I don't think you realize how many more players the game will have in cbt2 let alone open launch. Its a cbt1 where only players who ponied up 100 bucks got entrance (and a few lucky handful here and there) and the channel numbers were good for those.... we will have thousands of more players come launch (many thousands)... in what world is adding a couple extra channels enough? Can you math?

I agree with experience curve changes.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1-50 is a tutorial 

- You should be leveling at the same speed as your Black Spirit Quests, not doing a few and then having to grind for hours before you get your next quest that forces you to run half the map back. The game doesn't begin until level 50 since many classes don't even get their core skills until 40+ and won't have the skill points either to choose them all either. It's like trying to go fishing (IRL) without a fishing rod or bait. The game is designed for 50+, not pre.

Yes man because this game totally has a solid endgame consisting of grinding for blackstones so you can upgrade your gear so you can grind for more blackstones so you can upgrade your gear so you can grind for more blackstones so you can upgrade your gear so you can grind for more blackstones. I'm not sure if youre trolling or not, but telling people, "to rush to 50 because thats when the real game starts" is going to kill alot of peoples enjoyment. The games more glaring issue is its lack of endgame content both PvP and PvE wise. And dont give me none of that, "its a PVP onry game!", if this was a PVP only game we wouldnt have all this questing, lore, trading, amity system, etc.

1. monsters are way easy

2. questing is boring

3. no endgame

these are the issues were dealing with, and telling people to rush to 50 isnt going to solve any of it.

Edited by sweetesttaboo
11 people like this

Posted

The game needs FAR more channels than the cbt1 has, I don't think you realize how many more players the game will have in cbt2 let alone open launch. Its a cbt1 where only players who ponied up 100 bucks got entrance (and a few lucky handful here and there) and the channel numbers were good for those.... we will have thousands of more players come launch (many thousands)... in what world is adding a couple extra channels enough? Can you math?

I agree with experience curve changes.

Yea I agree that early on there should be more channels because everyone will be grinding at spot x, but if everyone is leveling fast enough, it wouldn't be a big issue with only a handful of channels since it wouldn't take too long for people to move onto the next spot. Too many channels and the game will quickly turn into KR where you won't find anyone anywhere (War targets, personal enemies, etc).

Posted (edited)

Yes man because this game totally has a solid endgame consisting of grinding for blackstones so you can upgrade your gear so you can grind for more blackstones so you can upgrade your gear so you can grind for more blackstones so you can upgrade your gear so you can grind for more blackstones. I'm not sure if youre trolling or not, but telling people, "to rush to 50 because thats when the real game starts" is going to kill alot of peoples enjoyment. The games more glaring issue is its lack of endgame content both PvP and PvE wise. And dont give me none of that, "its a PVP onry game!", if this was a PVP only game we wouldnt have all this questing, lore, amity system, etc.

1. monsters are way easy

2. questing is boring

3. no endgame

these are the issues were dealing with, and telling people to rush to 50 isnt going to solve any of it.

I agree with monsters being more of a challenge. IMHO though, some classes will always have a easier time PvE and to tell you the truth, leveling as a Warrior pre Twilight Scars in CBT was a bitch.

The quests are tutorials. It's not meant to entertain you, it's meant to teach you about the game. Take vanilla WoW for example: leveling was super slow but each level was fun, each quest hub fun, because you had open world PvP, you had challenging mobs (?), and you got to interact and discover the game world.

This game isn't like that. It's not meant for each level to be slow and exciting, there just simply isn't enough content in it to do that.

"Endgame content" in this game isn't raiding or PvE related tbh. It's castle sieges, wars, territory, PvP, and occasionally, some PvE boss that you can kill just by pressing a few buttons. I definitely agree that PvE needs work, but as it is now, I don't think they can implement those additions as easily as changing a few numbers to fix up what we already have.

Edited by NexG
3 people like this

Posted

I can't believe I'm saying this. But I agree with you, NexG.

One thing I would like to see, would be the mobs being more of a challenge. I don't mean turn up their HP, so they take longer to kill (that doesn't make it harder, just more tedious). Make the mobs hit harder, more often and what not.

2 people like this

Posted

The quests are tutorials. It's not meant to entertain you, it's meant to teach you about the game. Take vanilla WoW for example: leveling was super slow but each level was fun, each quest hub fun, because you had open world PvP, you had challenging mobs (?), and you got to interact and discover the game world.

I give up on you.

3 people like this

Posted

I give up on you.

<3

Posted

I agree to a point where they can always overhaul the PvE system changing it to best accompany PvE players such as adding more dungeons and disabling pvp for the low level dungeons (up til level 30)

Posted

I don't expect a person who has not explored all the wonderful PVE stuff in this game to understand our perspective.  The workshops/housing system ties in beautifully with the crafting of alchemy and cooking.  I have enjoyed this beta so much by building a raft, exploring the ocean islands to fish and see what stuff I can bring home to craft in my home.  I have enjoyed getting to know all the deep lore.  When you talk to everyone in each town, it is so much more than a tutorial, you learn to care about all the characters in the game and it makes it feel like 'your town', 'your people'.  I am glad that there is PVP for PVP'rs, but please know that this game was also designed for 'people of the environment'.  I am very happy that the Karma system discourages mindless ganking of PVE'rs.  Yes, the game was advertised for PVP'rs, but not exclusively, which is very obvious after playing the game over the last four days.  Can't wait for release!  

9 people like this

Posted

I give up on you.

You aren't even adding anything to this discussion. You ignored the rest of the points made in that quote, all of which are valid points. At least try to have a discussion instead of pouting because someone disagrees with you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't expect a person who has not explored all the wonderful PVE stuff in this game to understand our perspective.  The workshops/housing system ties in beautifully with the crafting of alchemy and cooking.  I have enjoyed this beta so much by building a raft, exploring the ocean islands to fish and see what stuff I can bring home to craft in my home.  I have enjoyed getting to know all the deep lore.  When you talk to everyone in each town, it is so much more than a tutorial, you learn to care about all the characters in the game and it makes it feel like 'your town', 'your people'.  I am glad that there is PVP for PVP'rs, but please know that this game was also designed for 'people of the environment'.  I am very happy that the Karma system discourages mindless ganking of PVE'rs.  Yes, the game was advertised for PVP'rs, but not exclusively, which is very obvious after playing the game over the last four days.  Can't wait for release!  

From a purely combat related standpoint, the game is a tutorial until every class has their full kit - at level 50. The exp changes that this community asked for, before they ever played or had a rudimentary grasp on how class balance is set up in this game, completely screws a lot of classes. Most classes are gimped until level 50 and the leveling curve in KR reflected that.

Edited by DontBlink
Spelling
2 people like this

Posted

I'm not discouraging PvE. In actuality, I would LOVE to see more content for PvE (end game and also other than crafting, exploring, etc.)
I'm just saying it is absolutely unnecessary to make the 1-50 as it is now since after 50, leveling will be very difficult anyway.

2 people like this

Posted

Firstly, this game is a PvP game. It wasn't built with a PvE focus

Capture_(3).thumb.JPG.0d1e56ef22f649f1f7

everyone will love you and throw money at you. Thanks~

g.thumb.JPG.05e554ea78f45c2213cc181812b2

Another source:

1.thumb.JPG.22b2350d7dc8746ec1d5671e08d1

2.thumb.JPG.3630e9e3e94722aea5edd03ab0433.thumb.JPG.193c3e6fe96613679eb1305abb854.thumb.JPG.889def897c3b01b6bf9ca71ffb105.thumb.JPG.3bf86a09e41e9726b4af2aa3eb656.thumb.JPG.9e793db74bd69a43b199ab06b1737.thumb.JPG.350dc9769e716f766e64aee421408.thumb.JPG.e21c05a9818e24b971b198bdaa4e9.thumb.JPG.1d8a38954548e3cc6a2e039106e110.thumb.JPG.b798392556a278b40cd3d34dc4911.thumb.JPG.06866d29c2f5871d6fcb6c52068

And:

1.thumb.JPG.2cddca5c9027ab7d9b1c83fc8612

23.thumb.JPG.467e9540811913bc80bd9d38734

2.thumb.JPG.9683df244e834788646df2685c13

3.thumb.JPG.5e650879aa6f05890ecbb9f4a76a

Do i need to say more?

giphy.gif

8 people like this

Posted

STATE OF THE GAME...ITS A FKKKING BETA!!!

Wtf, you need to chill...he was basically just stating different ideas...lol...

2 people like this

Posted

Wasn't built with a PvE focus. Wasn't built. PvE focus.

Posted

You aren't even adding anything to this discussion. You ignored the rest of the points made in that quote, all of which are valid points. At least try to have a discussion instead of pouting because someone disagrees with you.

When someone begins their "state of the game" topic with,

"Firstly, this game is a PvP game. It wasn't built with a PvE focus so don't try to turn it into one. Why? Look at your skills. Who needs cancels and large combos versus monsters? The intricacy of the skills and combos literally define this game's genre."

You can already tell its pointless to try and argue with the person. Then when they follow it up with,

"The game doesn't begin until level 50 since many classes don't even get their core skills until 40+ and won't have the skill points either to choose them all either. It's like trying to go fishing (IRL) without a fishing rod or bait. The game is designed for 50+, not pre."

You begin to think they are trolling because BDO's weakest link is its endgame. Like yeah dude, go rush to 50 and find out theres nothing to do, yeah GG!

2 people like this

Posted

Another source:

2.thumb.JPG.3630e9e3e94722aea5edd03ab0433.thumb.JPG.193c3e6fe96613679eb1305abb854.thumb.JPG.889def897c3b01b6bf9ca71ffb105.thumb.JPG.3bf86a09e41e9726b4af2aa3eb656.thumb.JPG.9e793db74bd69a43b199ab06b1737.thumb.JPG.350dc9769e716f766e64aee421408.thumb.JPG.e21c05a9818e24b971b198bdaa4e9.thumb.JPG.1d8a38954548e3cc6a2e039106e110.thumb.JPG.b798392556a278b40cd3d34dc4911.thumb.JPG.06866d29c2f5871d6fcb6c52068

And:

Do i need to say more?

giphy.gif

What does "healthiest live mmo" even mean?

Posted

fef.thumb.JPG.1a823127cd3e7398d23951cf4a

Posted

Wasn't built with a PvE focus. Wasn't built. PvE focus.

It is built and marketed as a pvp game but there is a lot of content for pve players to enjoy outside of the typical mob grind. I'm a pve player and have had fun throughout the alpha and the cb1, if the person finds enough content that interests them outside of pvp they shouldn't be discouraged from playing. That being said, I also believe that the karma system should see some changes where mutual (when the attacked target fights back) owpvp doesn't hurt the players that want to pvp because that discourages people from having fun with the pvp system. Lastly, I personally do not want pve focused content like instanced dungeons because I have sat through the queue hell in other mmos and it is in no way fun. I see a lot of valid arguments coming from both sides of the community on the forums and in the beta, I just hope that eventually both parties will learn to co-exist and stop trying to force the other out.

Either way, if you haven't already you should make a post in the suggestions forum with these issues so they are more likely to be reviewed by someone who can make a change to game mechanics and not just fellow players.

3 people like this

Posted

When someone begins their "state of the game" topic with,

"Firstly, this game is a PvP game. It wasn't built with a PvE focus so don't try to turn it into one. Why? Look at your skills. Who needs cancels and large combos versus monsters? The intricacy of the skills and combos literally define this game's genre."

You can already tell its pointless to try and argue with the person. Then when they follow it up with,

"The game doesn't begin until level 50 since many classes don't even get their core skills until 40+ and won't have the skill points either to choose them all either. It's like trying to go fishing (IRL) without a fishing rod or bait. The game is designed for 50+, not pre."

You begin to think they are trolling because BDO's weakest link is its endgame. Like yeah dude, go rush to 50 and find out theres nothing to do, yeah GG!

He isn't wrong. As far as combat is concerned most classes are neutered until lvl 50. And yeah, the endgame has basically nothing for PvE (ignoring crafts/housing/etc - not really a part of this discussion). But there is plenty of PvP content to keep people occupied. If people don't find PvP content to be engaging enough, honestly this probably isn't the right game for them at least in its current incarnation.

BDO's weakest link is subjective and in my opinion the endgame is far from the weakest link.

Really though, right off the bat you decide that somebody is a troll and not worth having a discussion because they have a different opinion than you? Grow up, almost everyone else in this thread is trying to facilitate a discussion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another source:

And:

Do i need to say more?

giphy.gif

Yeah with the exception of the first picture, I don't really understand the point you are trying to make. Maybe you should explain yourself with full sentences so that people don't just dismiss your contribution as a shit post.

2 people like this

Posted

He isn't wrong. As far as combat is concerned most classes are neutered until lvl 50. And yeah, the endgame has basically nothing for PvE (ignoring crafts/housing/etc - not really a part of this discussion). But there is plenty of PvP content to keep people occupied. If people don't find PvP content to be engaging enough, honestly this probably isn't the right game for them at least in its current incarnation.

BDO's weakest link is subjective and in my opinion the endgame is far from the weakest link.

Really though, right off the bat you decide that somebody is a troll and not worth having a discussion because they have a different opinion than you? Grow up, almost everyone else in this thread is trying to facilitate a discussion.

Even the PvP players on the KR server complain that its not good enough, that the classes are broken, that the system doesnt work