• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gifting disabled - against gold sellers.

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Good news, goldsellers fk off!

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/announcement/5-gifting-disabled-schenken-deaktiviert-cadeau-désactivé/

"

Dear Players,

Due to abuse and credit card fraud by third parties (gold sellers and others) we will shut down the gifting feature in our cash shop.

All players who purchased items/silver from those services will be inquired and sanctioned accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards
BDO Team

"

Edited by DarkBever
7 people like this

Posted

Hooray \:3/

1 person likes this

Posted

yeh I saw that and wondered why there had been no threads, seriously ----- these spammers. They're like a virus.... literally general chat is unseable. It pisses me off...

Posted

This is kinda gray though, what if a guildmate/friend/husband/wife wishes to gift something? 

See, now the cash shop becomes directly linked to your wallet if you want something.

Posted

This is kinda gray though, what if a guildmate/friend/husband/wife wishes to gift something? 

See, now the cash shop becomes directly linked to your wallet if you want something.

I am sure once they get a stronghold on the amount of sellers and bots going around they'll reopen it. It's only hurting them to shut down gifting and I'm sure they didn't make the choice without deep consideration.

2 people like this

Posted

The husband and wife are a non issue... they can just pay with each other CC and transfer the funds...

Guildmates/friends... sure an issue.. but to stop goldsellers.. worth it.

Posted

I bought something for my husband because it wasn't taking his payment, which sorted itself out later. Honestly though, I think this ban is really needed.

Posted

@All these people saying DAUM doesn't care and is way overhead in this, and that they know about 21892101 people still walking freely about cause nothing is going to happen.

953746_200x130.png?v=1426510220.0

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Praballo

How long is this expected to last?

Posted

i couldnt LIKE THIS on the original post from the dev's so i thought i would do it here.

AWESOME DEV'S GOOD WORK

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Praballo

How long is this expected to last?

I may hope forever. If you want to gift someone pearls, transfer the money and let them buy it themselves. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

they are so quick to make a change to protect their bottom line - that is the only thing they "care" about

I dunno why people are so happy about this, I guess it is nice that morons have some protection from scam artists, but the only way this change affects most of us is now we can't gift anything. another example of daum limiting our options to "protect" their game from this insidious influence (which they don't seem particular successful at combating, everything they do is worse for the players than the spammers)

but gosh forbid they add to the cash shop or even acknowledge our desires, no, "fighting" these "goldsellers" is all they "care" about

3 people like this

Posted

I like their attitude, potentially best Korean developer so far doing business in Europe

1 person likes this

Posted

they are so quick to make a change to protect their bottom line - that is the only thing they "care" about

I dunno why people are so happy about this, I guess it is nice that morons have some protection from scam artists, but the only way this change affects most of us is now we can't gift anything. another example of daum limiting our options to "protect" their game from this insidious influence (which they don't seem particular successful at combating, everything they do is worse for the players than the spammers)

but gosh forbid they add to the cash shop or even acknowledge our desires, no, "fighting" these "goldsellers" is all they "care" about

oh noes I can't gift a few items now n again to someone, lord have mercy. I think we spotted a buyer here who is salty he can't use their fradulent services.

Posted (edited)

You know, I understand there are probably lots of people effected by this, I myself gifted a friend from the cash shop.

I actually kind of like Daum taking the no nonsense approach to this war on bots and gold sellers. They keep systematically targeting what the Gold sellers are doing.

First B2P then Trade, then the pot abuse. Now gifting.  I am actually happy they are not pulling punches in this issue. I have never seen a game aggressively go after gold sellers. Sure the others monitor and massively ban but daum is like, take no survivors! TO WAR!

tumblr_n17xcb0qfF1tsjswlo1_500.gif

Edited by Naoto
2 people like this

Posted

Restricting their players even more in a "sandbox" game to stop "goldsellers" that still aren't going away.

*slow clap*

Not that this affects me at all, but I still can't understand why they have such a hassle with dealing with gold sellers when other MMO's have to resort to much less severe methods and do just fine. 

Posted

Many players request actions against them.

Posted

Great now because people are retarded, my fiancé will never get anything from the shop. She usually only gets stuff because I buy it for her character (she's very.... "Careful" with money) generally buying something for her when I get something for myself was the best policy to avoid that ("you spent 30$ for some game stuff again didn't you") face lol.

she loves the game, plays it as much as I do but is pretty firmly against spending money on them after initial buy in. 

BAH I'm screwed lol.

Posted (edited)

Great now because people are retarded, my fiancé will never get anything from the shop. She usually only gets stuff because I buy it for her character (she's very.... "Careful" with money) generally buying something for her when I get something for myself was the best policy to avoid that ("you spent 30$ for some game stuff again didn't you") face lol.

she loves the game, plays it as much as I do but is pretty firmly against spending money on them after initial buy in. 

BAH I'm screwed lol.

Your sacrifice will be for the greater good and not be forgotten, comrade.

Edited by Che
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BAH I'm screwed lol.

Go to her Place, let her log into her Account, Use you,re PayPal Account and buy Daum cash , convert into Pearls let her buy what she wants.

or buy one of Thouse gift CC £25-50 Cards .

Edited by Lasarith

Posted

Maybe my ticket will finally get answered :( I've been waiting for Daum to respond to a ticket I made regarding gifting for over 3 weeks.

Also to the people that are saying 'hooray' to Daum shutting down gifting, you guys are being kind of short-sighted. These very large motions that they are making against gold sellers are literally constricting the joy out of socializing in the game. You praise it, saying it prevents gold selling, when in fact the gold sellers will never go away. We'll still have to deal with their latest work-around. How can you be happy about features removed from the game that ultimately don't fix anything?

Posted (edited)

BAH I'm screwed lol.

What the guy above me said or just log in to her account and buy pearls with your money..... please think

Edited by DarkBever
1 person likes this

Posted

BAH I'm screwed lol.

Is your "fiance" a gold seller or buyer? :D 

3 people like this

Posted

Restricting their players even more in a "sandbox" game to stop "goldsellers" that still aren't going away.

*slow clap*

Not that this affects me at all, but I still can't understand why they have such a hassle with dealing with gold sellers when other MMO's have to resort to much less severe methods and do just fine. 

That's because other game companies sweep it under the rug and pretend that it doesn't happen, and make sure it has minimal visibility in the game using various combinations of chat filters. 

This won't stop people using gift visa cards bought with stolen credit cards but that would be nearly impossible to do so.

Posted

That's because other game companies sweep it under the rug and pretend that it doesn't happen, and make sure it has minimal visibility in the game using various combinations of chat filters. 

This won't stop people using gift visa cards bought with stolen credit cards but that would be nearly impossible to do so.

Yeah, but as much as I hate to say it nothing Daum does will stop the gold sellers from doing the same thing and scamming the unknowing players.  Gold sellers won't just go away in a new MMO.  So all of Daum's attempts at restricting these things for their players just seems like it'll end up hurting more of their actual normal players than any gold sellers.

Could be wrong (hope I am).