• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gifting disabled - against gold sellers.

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I see where this is going.gold seller gift item, Daum disable gift.the gold seller will start powerleveling account and sell them instead and gaining a lot silver by farming in rare drop location and sell them cheap at Aution house to gain silver Daum then reduced drop rate and new legit player can not grinding because it is all occupied, then the account become ip or reign locked to stop account for trading.Gold seller spam chat , people claiming to much, Daum shut down chat,only allow guild team and local general chat... And so on if gold seller use it then you can god damn sure it will be removed, and happy days everyone

Can you say that again in English?

My favorite part about these 'fixes' is that they always damage the legit players. 10/10xD

How does not being able to gift items "damage" you personally?

And as for all the people saying this won't stop gold selling, how do you figure? The overwhelming majority of money to be made was through item gifting, now that it's gone there are very few options and all of them are huge risks for the player who decides to use them. This change single-handedly killed the vast majority of gold seller income. It wouldn't surprise me if many of the people complaining about this change are just pissed they can't buy $10 costumes anymore.

Edited by Rafterman

Posted

they are so quick to make a change to protect their bottom line - that is the only thing they "care" about

I dunno why people are so happy about this, I guess it is nice that morons have some protection from scam artists, but the only way this change affects most of us is now we can't gift anything. another example of daum limiting our options to "protect" their game from this insidious influence (which they don't seem particular successful at combating, everything they do is worse for the players than the spammers)

but gosh forbid they add to the cash shop or even acknowledge our desires, no, "fighting" these "goldsellers" is all they "care" about

Why do you feeling negatively towards this? They are making positive changes each week (some bad ones, like the pet system) but you can't say that they don't care about us at all. Yes their PR/communication is bad, but hell yes do they deliver each week during the patches.  As @Rattus said, they didn't make this choice to make more money, and they probably thought long and hard about it and ultimately thought their customers being happy in game was worth the hit of no gift income.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great now because people are retarded, my fiancé will never get anything from the shop. She usually only gets stuff because I buy it for her character (she's very.... "Careful" with money) generally buying something for her when I get something for myself was the best policy to avoid that ("you spent 30$ for some game stuff again didn't you") face lol.

she loves the game, plays it as much as I do but is pretty firmly against spending money on them after initial buy in. 

BAH I'm screwed lol.

I should keep that little trick in mind the next time I don't want to spend my own money on something in the cash shop.
"Honey, I really want this sexy lingerie but I don't feel 'safe' with giving my information to a company, even though I could purchase a pre-paid card from Walmart.. Could you please give them your personal information and buy these things for me?

Posted

I was going to buy something for my long distance friend, but I guess I have to now go through paypal and have them skim an extra fee off the top... twice (transfer + currency exchange). 

Posted

Do you guys know that this really fixed nothing right? The majority of the gold bots are just account scammers, who now can trick more gulliable people into taking their account "Oh gifting is disabled, so give me your account info".

However, that isn't even the issue if there was a 'legit' gold seller, they aren't making the game P2W. People who would purchase from them would only get cash shop items cheaper. No silver, nothing that a 'credit-card' warrior wouldn't be able to get anyways. 

This is a stupid decision, instead of higher a GM to go around muting bots every hour or so.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

w/e

Edited by Texpla

Posted

It was my birthday some days ago... And a friend gifted me a treant costume... He just confessed me he bought from this goldseller shit... I will be banned??? 

Sorry, but.. lmao.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm torn. I like this change in some aspects. Its like, yeah, gotcha gold sellers, hah!

But.. then... I liked the change Daum did, where they made potions bound. I liked that. I dont.. really like this. Means I cant gift to friends or guildies randomly, cant give em a dye box. I worry that Daum will make it so I cant really interact with anyone other than RP or PvP..

A limit on gifting (2900 pearls a week maybe?) I feel would have been much better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, but.. lmao.

laugh all you want but i'm sure im not the only with that problem

Posted

Very disappointed. I've been fine with most of their decisions up to this point. I'd like the option to pay and gift the item to my friends, or receive gifts from them. Now if that's to happen, I'll have to give up my account information just for them to be able to do that.

These gold sellers are still going to be spamming, and still going to be taking advantage of peoples accounts because it doesn't actually stop them from abusing anything. You can't stop people from being  stupid.

Posted

Well, now they'll only sell powerleveling services.

Posted (edited)

Good news, goldsellers fk off!

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/announcement/5-gifting-disabled-schenken-deaktiviert-cadeau-désactivé/

"

Dear Players,

Due to abuse and credit card fraud by third parties (gold sellers and others) we will shut down the gifting feature in our cash shop.

All players who purchased items/silver from those services will be inquired and sanctioned accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards
BDO Team

"

that's well made.

even tho, the 75% cheaper cash shop item was very tempting, ahahah.

Edited by woots

Posted

Restricting their players even more in a "sandbox" game to stop "goldsellers" that still aren't going away.

*slow clap*

Not that this affects me at all, but I still can't understand why they have such a hassle with dealing with gold sellers when other MMO's have to resort to much less severe methods and do just fine. 

*Slow clap*

Seems you can't distinguish between actual credit card fraud and something to do with in game problems. Big difference, unless you are 12 and don't understand the severity of credit card fraud.

Very disappointed. I've been fine with most of their decisions up to this point. I'd like the option to pay and gift the item to my friends, or receive gifts from them. Now if that's to happen, I'll have to give up my account information just for them to be able to do that.

These gold sellers are still going to be spamming, and still going to be taking advantage of peoples accounts because it doesn't actually stop them from abusing anything. You can't stop people from being  stupid.

Send them the money on paypal. lol.......? I think in this thread we've got some suspect players who've bought from said services.

Posted

Inconveniencing players once again to combat gold sellers. Brilliant!

Posted (edited)

Inconveniencing players once again to combat gold sellers. Brilliant!

Combat fraud* and/or potential money laundering.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted (edited)

In any game I have every played, I have never seen any game go after gold sellers like these guys do. They advertised that they develop systems to keep gold sellers out and that's exactly what they are doing. The gold sellers found a loophole, so they took it away. Yeah, its a bit disappointing to loose gifting because it could otherwise be a fantastic feature to help friends and guild mates out. My husband and I used gifting frequently because its far cheaper to just load pearls on one of our accounts then on both if what we want can be bought with only 10$. However, despite this I can only approve and applaud Black Desert in this crucial step against gold spammers. I am sure that gifting will return in the semi-near future, once they have ironed out the kinks and patched all the exploitable. But in the meantime, how are gold spammers to function? They cannot sell you silver, they cannot trade you gear, they cannot sell you pearls. They have nothing of real in-game value to offer anymore. That of course does not mean that they probably wont try to find another loop hole I'm sure. But for now, I think that this is a very good idea.

I have seen many accounts in global chat of late that have obviously been hacked by gold sellers. This worries me and I am sure is a major turn off for potential new players. Yes, in part it was the account owners own fault for falling for the scam. But the gold seller problem cannot be ignored, nor can their part in the heinous and unlawful acts tactics that they use. Gold sellers must be shut down by whatever means we possess. Whatever means, even if it means loosing a bit of convince along the way. Brava NA team, Brava.

I would also once again like to however plead to BDO that I strongly believe that the 7 Day Friend Codes need chat restrictions. Why spend money on the game when gold sellers can just create new accounts and recycle through friend codes snatched online or through accounts they have hacked! By removing the ability to use any form of chat other than Whisper and Global with trial account status, you restrict the gold sellers movements and drastically reduce the spam. Goldsellers would have to BUY a copy of the game in order to spam on a large scale. With all ready no way to trade silver or items, the risk and reward to continue advertising would weight pretty heavily on them. I do believe that this would be a massive help in keeping the gold sellers away from this great game. In addition, implementing this would allow those 7 day codes to be used the way they were MEANT to be used. Not snagged by greedy gold sellers, but used by people who have genuine interest in trying out the game. So many of us have pleaded for this NA team. Make it happen!

Edited by Doomsong
Typos D:

Posted

Great news so when is this going to happen?Next maintenance or something?

Posted

Send them the money on paypal. lol.......? I think in this thread we've got some suspect players who've bought from said services.

Should not have to go through a 3rd party to gift something, when the gifting was in the game. 

Posted

Why just not close chat so we dont need to see their spam anymore! There is the solution to make all u people happy 😊

Posted

Thread-TL;DR

Can't please everyone.

*shrug*

Posted

This is a very positive move imo. I sympathise with those players being inconvenienced by this, but I would guess it is temporary until Daum have a better solution. Maybe something along the lines of a gifting partnership between two players, whereby they can only gift to each other and nobody else during a reasonably lengthed period before the partnership can be disbanded - not a perfect solution for sure, but I'm sure we'll get something.

Posted

This is a very positive move imo. I sympathise with those players being inconvenienced by this, but I would guess it is temporary until Daum have a better solution. Maybe something along the lines of a gifting partnership between two players, whereby they can only gift to each other and nobody else during a reasonably lengthed period before the partnership can be disbanded - not a perfect solution for sure, but I'm sure we'll get something.

Or only gift to people in your guild and on your friend list?

Or just guild even, heck that'd be fine for a while. 

I would like to know if it is temporary or not, since Daum did not specify on that.

Posted

Bunch of whiny -----es. Thanks Daum this change was definitely needed. The rest may shut up and just buy some visa gift cards if they want to gift

image.jpg

Posted

Or only gift to people in your guild and on your friend list?

Or just guild even, heck that'd be fine for a while. 

I would like to know if it is temporary or not, since Daum did not specify on that.

Agreed - there was no specification of permanency. But gifting is good for them and the legitimate player base, so hopefully it will be back soon. 

Posted

Lol always gold sellers again huh? The sole reason daum ever does anything is only because of gold sellers. Riigghhhhhhttttt. Never credit card fraud or people being stupid with their card or keeping the game economy stable.