• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gifting disabled - against gold sellers.

84 posts in this topic

Posted

This is a very positive move imo. I sympathise with those players being inconvenienced by this, but I would guess it is temporary until Daum have a better solution. Maybe something along the lines of a gifting partnership between two players, whereby they can only gift to each other and nobody else during a reasonably lengthed period before the partnership can be disbanded - not a perfect solution for sure, but I'm sure we'll get something.

I doubt seriously it is temporary, kind of like features in other regions we are not privileged to. While I understand their reaction, it might have been alot easier for the community if they had reduced the prices in the cash shop to be competitive with the gold sellers prices. However the problem with Daum Eu and that solution is once the prices dropped they would be hard pressed to raise them back to current levels

Posted

Lol always gold sellers again huh? The sole reason daum ever does anything is only because of gold sellers. Riigghhhhhhttttt. Never credit card fraud or people being stupid with their card or keeping the game economy stable.

Yep, had to spell this out to many in other threads.

It's FRAUD. Big difference between some gold seller and a dude commiting a crime.

Posted

Now they're advertising power leveling.

Disable mob spawn please.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope people will understand that it's not just about chat spam. Maybe they will find a safer way to implement this in the future but I think it's best they disable it for now.

Posted

I hope people will understand that it's not just about chat spam. Maybe they will find a safer way to implement this in the future but I think it's best they disable it for now.

Main reason they disabled it is the rampant usage of stolen credit cards which will also result in charge backs. This causes a lot of problems for Daum, as they have to figure out who sold who, and what account needs banned. Also just gaining revenue from stolen cards is just wrong. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Gold sellers hurt Daum, reducing profit which will affect the game and could lead to less updates etc.

stopping it means they make more money and part of that goes into maintaining their business.

by stopping gold sellers we might get more sales and special offers.

for every sale of pearls on a fraudulent credit card, daum would have to sort out a refund to the bank, support with an investigation, ban the account who did it, punish the account who received it, and in turn possibly lose custom and a lot of money and effort.

i reckon daum would rather spend time and money on increasing the player base than on fraud and losing custom - and it benefits the players just as much in the long term.

Posted

Many players didn't use gifting anyways, since they got no friends. Not surprised that most of you are glad about it being removed :)

Posted

I like how people keep saying 'Just transer money to X person'. That would be even more waste of money if you have left over pearls.

Example: If I buy $30 of pearls I'll get 3300 pearls, then buy a costume, I'll have 1100 pearls left. If I wanted to give a friend something I'd have to spend even more money to transfer it to him/her though paypal or whatever.

What if you just wanted to gift because you have left over pearls? You can't. Things in the cashshop are awkwardly priced to make you buy more pearls than needed, so now we're stuck with the 'extra' unless there is something else you want. That's what people are complaining about.

Posted (edited)

I like how people keep saying 'Just transer money to X person'. That would be even more waste of money if you have left over pearls.

Example: If I buy $30 of pearls I'll get 3300 pearls, then buy a costume, I'll have 1100 pearls left. If I wanted to give a friend something I'd have to spend even more money to transfer it to him/her though paypal or whatever.

What if you just wanted to gift because you have left over pearls? You can't. Things in the cashshop are awkwardly priced to make you buy more pearls than needed, so now we're stuck with the 'extra' unless there is something else you want. That's what people are complaining about.

Atleast here paypal doesn't charge you if you send it as a gift.

Tho if it is a gift just gift them the full $30 and don't feel bad about the extra $7 you had to spend. It is a gift after all.

Tho i do thing Daum needs to change their Pearl buying mechanic to have more freedom, and let you buy exactly how many pearls you want.

Edited by WildAce