• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Good damage class

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wondering what a good damage class would be since i plan on starting one tomorrow. Deciding between ranger, witch/wizard or sorceress and would love some input from the community

Posted

Depends what you want.

Ranger is probably best at farming, Wizard best at Guild vs Guild PVP because of their AOEs, and Sorcerer is the best PVP class if played correctly.

Posted (edited)

Ranger scales the best post-Mediah

Wizard is the go to roflstomp class, press one key and everyone melts

Sorc is the hardest class to master, but dps is fantastic

Edited by Zinnie

Posted

Ranger scales the best post-Mediah

Why rangers scale the best?

Posted (edited)

Just wondering what a good damage class would be since i plan on starting one tomorrow. Deciding between ranger, witch/wizard or sorceress and would love some input from the community

Love to help, but i dont know u from a bar of soap, so i dont know your strengths or weaknesses.

But if i were you, go to utube and watch vids on the different classes

Edited by CombatKiller

Posted

Depends what you want.

Ranger is probably best at farming, Wizard best at Guild vs Guild PVP because of their AOEs, and Sorcerer is the best PVP class if played correctly.

Huh?

Wizard and Tamer are *WAY* better at farming. Ranger is best at single target ranged DPS, Wizard/Witch are AoE kings and can destroy at large scale PvP with proper coverage and Sorc is really high damage potential but it hinges on landing your big combos and not getting desync'ed.

because of how their skills scale with enchantment bonuses past +15

Posted

I'd recommend just giving them a shot and seeing which you like. When I first played BDO I had expected to play a totally different class than I wound up using. Because the combat is so reactive you will definitely develop a preference just based on controls/combos alone.

If you don't really want to do that though I would say try out Sorceress first. Playing one makes you feel like an absolute beast once you've got some levels under you.

Posted

Everyone scales pretty good with AP post +15, but Ranger can do the insane damage from range.

Basically, a Warrior can one-shot you, but he has to get close to you to do so.