• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Exploit or fair game? Praetorian (Orwen) easy kill on bosses

157 posts in this topic

Posted

Recently it's been posted on Reddit that there is a boss exploit that allows you to kill a field boss without encountering any troubles or difficulties, along with being able to do it with under 30 people. The reddit post is linked below if you want the read, but I won't go into details here about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4bvnfh/psa_killing_world_bosses_made_easy/

On Orwen the past couple nights, the guild Praetorian has been going around killing this world boss, as well as linking all the livertos that they have been recieving in chat. It was making a lot of people wondering how they were doing it, as just one of their guilds was on each server killing the boss. So what they did was, they divided their 3 guilds across the channels of Orwen and used what was mentioned in the reddit thread to farm the bosses across their 300 people in their 3 guilds. Now the amount of silver obtained from doing this twice a day over 3 guilds on the numerous channels is above and beyond. Which is why I am wondering if this is considered fair play or exploiting? I'm sure this has been done on the other servers, but this guild in particular made use of this over the last few days to gain a considerable lead, on the lead they already have with 300 people. The guild in question is below:

2 people like this

Posted

Yes its an exploit, stunning a world boss? rofl yea ok

Posted

Well that explains all the Livertos they were linking and why they weren't having their other guilds help lol

Posted

Yes its an exploit, stunning a world boss? rofl yea ok

I figured as much as well...this will turn out bad if at least the loot isn't stripped. They've had a considerable advantage using 300 people to flag for leveling spots, and now this with bosses, being able to farm them all on all the channels with their 3 guilds is a little much..and they started linking them a few days ago so that's quite a bit of kills..

Posted

Wow, exploits/hacks available in this game are getting more and more numerous.

Posted

@CM_Jouska Can we get something on this? This is honestly worst than the gold spammers/duam cash, this is actually game breaking.

@CM_Praballo               

2 people like this

Posted

It is an exploit, but there's a 0% chance anyone will be punished for it. They didn't even punish people for using /escape, which was a FAR clearer case of exploiting. They are never going to punish people for just using an item that is in game. 

Posted

Pay to win!! oh, wait...............................

Posted

It is an exploit, but there's a 0% chance anyone will be punished for it. They didn't even punish people for using /escape, which was a FAR clearer case of exploiting. They are never going to punish people for just using an item that is in game. 

I think I'd rather have boss kills than teleports tbh.

Posted

@CM_Jouska Can we get something on this? This is honestly worst than the gold spammers/duam cash, this is actually game breaking.

@CM_Praballo               

FTFY @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo

In korea, a lot of people were banned for a fishing exploit.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

FTFY @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo

In korea, a lot of people were banned for a fishing exploit.

Thank you, was having trouble figuring it out. I'd put up a poll, but just like the reddit thread I'm sure they would try to rig it with their guild.

Edited by WreckingBall

Posted

Thank you, was having trouble figuring it out

You type @ and then start to type out someone's name and a little pop-up dropdown box appears. It's a bit of a hit and miss when trying to get it to appear though.

Posted

You type @ and then start to type out someone's name and a little pop-up dropdown box appears. It's a bit of a hit and miss when trying to get it to appear though.

Thanks, it will be useful in the future.

Posted

Who cares.  At the moment, world bosses seem like nothing more than a cleverly designed way to get people to buy Elion's tears.  I've witnessed a level 54 warrior with 200 DP be one-shotted by Red Nose.  At present, the world bosses are complete bullshit designed to make people graveyard zerg them with tears.  Exploit away, I say. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Them again, Yup I knew they were a guild to avoid, using exploits doesn't surprise me. They are also the guild with the BDO Bible fiasco.

Well I hope daum fixes the issue and punishes them accordingly.

I would apply temp bans and removes their weapons, Gotta teach them to stop being exploiters, a week ban would make them regret it, lost time and no weapon, definitely would make me never do something similar again. That is just what I would do though.

@CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

Can you look into a possible exploit involving the stunning of a world boss.?  Details are in this thread. I hope you can squeeze the fix in on the Wednesday Patch

I know you guys are running around ragged with all the issues you have been fixing, thanks.

EDIT:

Forgot our volunteer moderator sorry about that Deska

@Deska

All aboard!

Edited by Naoto

Posted

This is a clear exploit that was discovered by a guild and kept in-guild. It simply couldn't be easier for DAUM to use their logs to look into the activities of this guild and punish exploiters properly. There can be absolutely no excuse for not doing this.

Posted (edited)

Them again, Yup I knew they were a guild to avoid, using exploits doesn't surprise me. They are also the guild with the BDO Bible fiasco.

Well I hope daum fixes the issue and punishes them accordingly.

I would apply temp bans and removes their weapons, Gotta teach them to stop being exploiters, a week ban would make them regret it, lost time and no weapon, definitely would make me never do something similar again. That is just what I wold do though.

@CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

Can you look into a possible exploit involving the stunning of a world boss.? I hope you can squeeze the fix in on the Wednesday Patch

I know you guys are running around ragged with all the issues you have been fixing, thanks.

A week ban and weapons removed would make sense. If it's allowed to continue, things like this will continue to pop up and it'll just be a downward spiral towards ArcheAge at that rate. They for sure tried to keep it in guild, I mean look at how they handled their bible hah. The best part was them going around linking their livertos and bragging about how they killed a world boss like they actually did it themselves. Trash PvPers, but I guess +15 everything can help with that.

Edited by Grieve
1 person likes this

Posted

This is a clear exploit that was discovered by a guild and kept in-guild. It simply couldn't be easier for DAUM to use their logs to look into the activities of this guild and punish exploiters properly. There can be absolutely no excuse for not doing this.

It sounds like the same thing that happened with their bible happened here. Someone in their guild got dissatisfied or told a friend and they posted it up. There were a couple comments on the reddit calling him a snitch and some trying to cover it up by saying it doesn't work.

Posted (edited)

What another MMO did when a large number of people took adventage of a very serious exploit:

1. The company acknowledged the exploit and made a statement that exploiters would be punished.
  2. They tracked down the exploiters one by one.
  3. They logged into their accounts and removed the exploited items, their gold and placed a temporary gold cap on them.
  4. They banned the exploiters for 3 weeks.

People were involved across the entire player-base. In this case, only 1 guild is involved, so there is no way they can't get punished.

Edited by Coeprandua
1 person likes this

Posted

What another MMO did when a large number of people took adventage of a very serious exploit:

1. The company acknowledged the exploit and made a statement that exploiters would be punished.
  2. They tracked down the exploiters one buy one.
  3. They logged into their accounts and removed the exploited items, their gold and placed a temporary gold cap on them.

People were involved across the entire player-base. In this case, only 1 guild is involved, so there is no way they can't get punished.

It just depends on how fast they react. These guys probably have timers on these bosses on Orwen to continue farming them throughout the channels, but the other servers maybe not. Now that the info is public, it might very well help them, but they've been using this for a couple days at least.

Posted

It just depends on how fast they react. These guys probably have timers on these bosses on Orwen to continue farming them throughout the channels, but the other servers maybe not. Now that the info is public, it might very well help them, but they've been using this for a couple days at least.

Other guilds do it too http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/54910-how-to-get-rich-in-this-game/ 

Posted

Wow, exploits/hacks available in this game are getting more and more numerous.

They need to bring in harsher punishments. Take a leaf out of blizzards books Daum.......... People should find these exploits and automatically know not to use them because repercussions are severe.

Seriously sort your game out and ban these idiot -----s. They ruin games.

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum needs to have a way to disable a boss without taking down the servers. Since only one boss is involved, they should just disable it until they fix it.

Posted

2. They tracked down the exploiters one by one.

Yup and blizzard perma banned people who abused a lockout mechanic once for raid instances. They farmed raid continously when they were not supposed to. GG ban. Bye.

People don't need warnings, they should know. You exploit, you get banned. Simple.

1 person likes this

Posted

Praetorian has killed all of our bosses legit and has never used a rifle. I do think this should be changed. 

Thanks.

10 people like this