• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Removal of gifting

124 posts in this topic

Posted

This is upsetting.  So your only solution to gold sellers is punish us paying customers? That is insane. First trading, then energy in chat, and now removal of gifting option in pearl shop. I am officially done buying pearls until this is fixed.. This was how I gifted my girlfriend stuff.. Say she wanted a twelve dollar outfit in game I would gift her 12 dollars worth of pearls and keep the 800 other ones after charging 20 dollars worth. Which was fine as it worked out perfect.. We have an entertainment budget each time we can set aside and the gifting system helped maximize that. These sanctions towards legitimate players are getting silly.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

NEVERMIND.

Edited by Alirys

Posted

I would bet money that this is not going to be a permanent solution. Unlike player trading, gifting actually hits Daum right in the wallet; if you can't gift someone something, that's a purchase you won't be making that you otherwise would have. I'm sure they are not thrilled about this.

I expect we'll see something soon. 

Posted

Its to please the single hermits of the game, what did you expect?

Every single aspect of the game that can be used by players to help one another is destroyed, soon the game will just be a bunch of guys grinding,... grinding... and more grinding. 

Sandbox? not even close LOL. Its another theme park where you either fish or grind, theres nothing in between; well, that is to player interaction. 

A true single players wet dream, a hermits paradise. People bumping into each other, thats quality mmo aspect right there. 

5 people like this

Posted

jeez to many internet virgins sending the pretend partners gifts have an issue with this. 

simple solution if you want to gift a real person something just send them paypal money. 

this is a smart move to prevent gold selling sites selling this stuff. how is that not a good thing ?

9 people like this

Posted

Nah this cant be permanent. I'm guessing this is a temp solution until they figure out a better way. Trust me,taking away gift in pearl is a major hit for their revenue.

then it should of never been done to begin with. it like companies dont think before acting anymore. this type of move does way more harm than good. i can understand they want to deal a blow to RMTs and such but at least think first.... daum.

Posted

jeez to many internet virgins sending the pretend partners gifts have an issue with this. 

simple solution if you want to gift a real person something just send them paypal money. 

this is a smart move to prevent gold selling sites selling this stuff. how is that not a good thing ?

So, now we have to make a paypal account? What kind of stupid suggestion is that. Just because youre one of their drones doesnt mean we have to be part of that system LOL.

Posted

We know you're lying because no outfit costs $12

A true single players wet dream, a hermits paradise. People bumping into each other, thats quality mmo aspect right there. 

It's true, in the space of 4 weeks I've not once felt a need to even use the chat to communicate and that's mainly down to the fact that my energy is so precious I can't afford to chat

Posted

You can thank the idiots who purchased from binkinipanda and the like.   Really there isn't else much of a way to stop them as long at morons continue to buy from them.    They will use tech to mask their IP addresses and you run the risk of blocking legitimate players.  This will probably be a temporary solution as other of have said this hurts their wallet just as much.   Once the scam artists figure out DAUM isn't going to cooperate with them they'll leave. 

2 people like this

Posted

While I can understand their reaction (Daum EU) because im sure that just the sites selling outfits for 10-15 dollars where cutting a huge chunk into Daum EU's bottom line. While selling the cash shop outfits at a competitive price to the gold sellers might have been a better option. I seriously doubt we will see gifting return to the game.

It's kind of like that feature every other region has, of auto pathing while AFK for horses and weight training.

Posted

Gifting hasn't been removed, spend 10 minutes getting to level 20 and it's available again. Jesus.

Posted

Gifting hasn't been removed, spend 10 minutes getting to level 20 and it's available again. Jesus.

Guess you missed that thread early this morning google it

Posted

I say we go even further.  Gold sellers power leveling people's accounts?  Disable the leveling system.  Done.  Gold sellers spamming chat?  Remove it, no one can talk.  Done.  Gold sellers stealing peoples accounts?  Disable the login page for everyone.  Done.

No more gold sellers.  Victory for BDO!

20 people like this

Posted

Paypal fee, possible question use of same paypal for multiple accounts, etc. My girlfriend lives with me and she can post in this thread too. "Internet virgins". Man you must be some desperate neckbeard living alone jealous someone has someone else to gift to. I gave a reason why I can't use paypal too. You failed to read my post. Assumed my girlfriend was a fake. Nice try.

1 person likes this

Posted

I say we go even further.  Gold sellers power leveling people's accounts?  Disable the leveling system.  Done.  Gold sellers spamming chat?  Remove it, no one can talk.  Done.  Gold sellers stealing peoples accounts?  Disable the login page for everyone.  Done.

It makes sense to me

Posted

This is upsetting.  So your only solution to gold sellers is punish us paying customers? That is insane. First trading, then energy in chat, and now removal of gifting option in pearl shop. I am officially done buying pearls until this is fixed.. This was how I gifted my girlfriend stuff.. Say she wanted a twelve dollar outfit in game I would gift her 12 dollars worth of pearls and keep the 800 other ones after charging 20 dollars worth. Which was fine as it worked out perfect.. We have an entertainment budget each time we can set aside and the gifting system helped maximize that. These sanctions towards legitimate players are getting silly.

Boo hooo.. This in the right direction to stop the stupid gold sellers if you want something., Either go buy it yourself or go and farm it. stop crying and go back to WOW as t he they are doing a LOT to combat the constant chat ban for gold sellers. And here is a brilliant Idea.. just Paypal your girlfriend the money and let her buy it her self. These are not sanctions to the real player base you idiot. Its to combat a well known issue in the greater MMO community, they don't want to become a WOW or an Archage. You dont like it dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

1 person likes this

Posted

Boo hooo.. This in the right direction to stop the stupid gold sellers if you want something., Either go buy it yourself or go and farm it. stop crying and go back to WOW as t he they are doing a LOT to combat the constant chat ban for gold sellers. And here is a brilliant Idea.. just Paypal your girlfriend the money and let her buy it her self. These are not sanctions to the real player base you idiot. Its to combat a well known issue in the greater MMO community, they don't want to become a WOW or an Archage. You dont like it dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

No it's harm as other post suggest. Idiots like you will always flame someone who has a valid concern. I explained why I cannot simply paypal her the money or buy the pearls on her account, but you children have no idea about money management/budgets/etc.

Posted

This, I like very much.

Posted

Can you just transfer the money to her Credit/Debit card?

Posted

For you actual situation, i suppose, since its your gf, you can log on his account to buy or charge pearl.

Sure its not like a "gift" but its still a workaround ;)

Posted

I don't know why but I think suddenly some gold sellers or buyers are all finding love today and the urge to gift their girlfriend, what a coincidence :)

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would bet money that this is not going to be a permanent solution. Unlike player trading, gifting actually hits Daum right in the wallet; if you can't gift someone something, that's a purchase you won't be making that you otherwise would have. I'm sure they are not thrilled about this.

I expect we'll see something soon. 

It's better than hundreds of gold sellers purchasing thousands and thousands of Pearls and selling it away to other players at cheap rate. Only to realize, these were all stolen credit cards and thousand dollars worth of chargebacks firing back at Daum.

You're right this will cost Daum money also but it just shows how committed they are to getting rid of gold sellers. Even hurting their own sales, they're willing to get rid of gold sellers. Now gold sellers can ONLY sell power level or farm silver on your account.

Edited by clangpicky
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's better than hundreds of gold sellers purchasing thousands and thousands of Pearls and selling it away to other players at cheap rate. Only to realize, these were all stolen credit cards and thousand dollars worth of chargebacks firing back at Daum.

But you're right this will cost Daum money also but it just shows how committed they are to get rid of gold sellers. Even hurting their own sales, they're willing to get rid of gold sellers. Now gold sellers can ONLY sell power level or farm silver on your account.

next step is to scare potential buyers into showing a red text on the launcher, if you are going to hand out your account for powerleveling or silver, we will detect the IP change and ban all accounts. :)

Edited by Onetyper
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know why but I think suddenly some gold sellers or buyers are all finding love today and the urge to gift their girlfriend, what a coincidence :)

this really made me chuckle. My thoughts exactly? Daum needs to make a list of everyone whinging about this, it will be quicker checking their accounts first 😆

But you're right this will cost Daum money also but it just shows how committed they are to get rid of gold sellers. Even hurting their own sales, they're willing to get rid of gold sellers. Now gold sellers can ONLY sell power level or farm silver on your account.

and anyone who pays for power levelling or silver is either too flush with cash and with no spare time (so why bother?) or requires bragging rights for minimal effort.

Posted

lols so true...