• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Removal of gifting

124 posts in this topic

Posted

They also sell PayPal prepaid cards. Its not so difficult anymore. Go to 7-11 store, buy prepaid, gift him/her the card or just send pin code. Its that simple.

I have PayPal and I didn't even know that...

Posted

This is upsetting.  I am officially done buying pearls until this is fixed.. This was how I gifted my girlfriend stuff..

So you are done because you care only about gifting your girlfriend,  there is nothing more important than her and cannot care less about your characters or buy anything for them, meanwhile looking for an alternative solution, ah no you can't your girlfriend is just too demanding, and need the silv....ops the gift now. So sweet, touching.

Posted

I don't know why but I think suddenly some gold sellers or buyers are all finding love today and the urge to gift their girlfriend, what a coincidence :)

I can prove I'm not a goldseller. If you're on Uno you can meet my girlfriend and I ingame sometimes and quite certainly prove we're not goldsellers or the same person. Nice try though.

So you are done because you care only about gifting your girlfriend,  there is nothing more important than her and cannot care less about your characters or buy anything for them, meanwhile looking for an alternative solution, ah no you can't your girlfriend is just too demanding, and need the silv....ops the gift now. So sweet, touching.

So a gift ingame every now and then is suddenly a bad thing? Good gosh you people are absurd. I've explained why I cannot just buy her pearls using her account, but nobody can read apparently.

Posted (edited)

This is upsetting.  So your only solution to gold sellers is punish us paying customers? That is insane. First trading, then energy in chat, and now removal of gifting option in pearl shop. I am officially done buying pearls until this is fixed.. This was how I gifted my girlfriend stuff.. Say she wanted a twelve dollar outfit in game I would gift her 12 dollars worth of pearls and keep the 800 other ones after charging 20 dollars worth. Which was fine as it worked out perfect.. We have an entertainment budget each time we can set aside and the gifting system helped maximize that. These sanctions towards legitimate players are getting silly.

no sane person would ever spend money on a woman anyway. Good-guy Duam doing all men a favor. 

Edited by Evilized
1 person likes this

Posted

People saying to do transfers and stuff, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? If your a paying customer you should have a smooth and easy way to send the items as a gift to someone

2 people like this

Posted

no sane person would ever spend money on a woman anyway. Duam doing all men a favor. 

... O.o I have no idea how to respond to this lol.

ill just give you a like or +1 

Posted

This is all done to avoid an ingame moderator who bans the goldspammers. They just don't want an other moderator on the payroll.

A moderator doing a hard line on all goldspammer accounts would solve it.

Posted

I don't know why but I think suddenly some gold sellers or buyers are all finding love today and the urge to gift their girlfriend, what a coincidence :)

Yeah, everyone knows there are no "girls" on the internet. So silly. :D

Posted

This is upsetting.  So your only solution to gold sellers is punish us paying customers? That is insane. First trading, then energy in chat, and now removal of gifting option in pearl shop. I am officially done buying pearls until this is fixed.. This was how I gifted my girlfriend stuff.. Say she wanted a twelve dollar outfit in game I would gift her 12 dollars worth of pearls and keep the 800 other ones after charging 20 dollars worth. Which was fine as it worked out perfect.. We have an entertainment budget each time we can set aside and the gifting system helped maximize that. These sanctions towards legitimate players are getting silly.

I've said it before and i'll say it again if they wanna stop gold sellers so bad they need to just shut down the game. That's the only way they'll completely stop gold sellers. This whole "punish everyone to stop the few" is retarded and never works.

Also maybe if Daum didn't have such shitty prices people wouldn't have used gold seller sites to buy cash shop items. I mean you could buy stuff there for a third of the -----ing price on the cash shop.

Posted

next step is to scare potential buyers into showing a red text on the launcher, if you are going to hand out your account for powerleveling or silver, we will detect the IP change and ban all accounts. :)

lol? ip change you do realize people have other place to go and play not just in theyre house and some people live if many places

Posted (edited)

lol? ip change you do realize people have other place to go and play not just in theyre house and some people live if many places

you can set up progressively more strict rules in the ip detection, depend if the IP is in a similar attachment, same city, same country to different country, for example you could need a complete verification with an agent if you are playing from a different country, and perhaps an email or lower measures from same country and below. you can make the life difficult to goldsellers, they do not even need to disclose how, as long as they start to ban some of the right people, will bring them scare around, and people will buy less. Distributing something to be scary about will push some of the buyers out of those deals, this will effect sales

They already stopped gifting so there is a strong position to eliminate every attempt as long as it's automated enough to make it easy and cost efficient to implement

I can prove I'm not a goldseller. If you're on Uno you can meet my girlfriend and I ingame sometimes and quite certainly prove we're not goldsellers or the same person. Nice try though.

So a gift ingame every now and then is suddenly a bad thing? Good gosh you people are absurd. I've explained why I cannot just buy her pearls using her account, but nobody can read apparently.

No need to prove anything to me, Daum has got the tools to find out things if they need. Please do not take it personal, it's common that small time gold sellers (casuals) come up with such threads.

Edited by Onetyper

Posted

The only reason this was done because it was affecting their bottom. It has nothing to do CC fraud they could give a rats behind who uses your Credit card to buy stuff from them. It cost them profit if you really think that they care that much about your personal responsibility to protect your own Credit card, well I have ocean front property in Yuma Arizona to sell you.

2 people like this

Posted

Boo hooo.. This in the right direction to stop the stupid gold sellers if you want something., Either go buy it yourself or go and farm it. stop crying and go back to WOW as t he they are doing a LOT to combat the constant chat ban for gold sellers. And here is a brilliant Idea.. just Paypal your girlfriend the money and let her buy it her self. These are not sanctions to the real player base you idiot. Its to combat a well known issue in the greater MMO community, they don't want to become a WOW or an Archage. You dont like it dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

since when players like you care how much Daum can milk rather than how good the game Daum can run? This feature lock does nothing to benefit normal players.  do you think it can stop chat spamming? No! silver selling, power leveling etc, etc, Daum cash is just one of their services. And what does cc fraud has to do with you? Did gold sellers steal and swipe your card? 

Doing action against illegal transaction is nothing wrong , Daum, but the way you do it just simply dumb.   

Posted (edited)

Claims to have a girlfriend, won't give her the credit card number to enter on her account. Sure. Oh well.

All these grown adults with no way to pay Daum for pearls on their own. Ok. Are gold sellers becoming sentient liars?

Edited by Baby

Posted

Claims to have a girlfriend, won't give her the credit card number to enter on her account. Sure. Oh well.

All these grown adults with no way to pay Daum for pearls on their own. Ok. Are gold sellers becoming sentient liars?

You've never been in a relationship have you? Girlfriend doesn't mean have my creditcard.

There is other ways to trade items sure, but they are crappier. Usualy when I have extra pearls I like to get my friends something small they need. This time it happen to be a pet. So instead of simply gifting from my extra pearls I had to charge money into their account. It was done, but it was more of a hassle than it had to be.

I like how people in this forum think that if you support any social activity you must be a gold bot. Soon if you are helping a friend level. Gold bot. Helping them do scrollss? Gold bot.

What is going to kill this game is not goldbot. Is the gold bot witchhunt.

1 person likes this

Posted

jeez to many internet virgins sending the pretend partners gifts have an issue with this. 

simple solution if you want to gift a real person something just send them paypal money. 

this is a smart move to prevent gold selling sites selling this stuff. how is that not a good thing ?

If it's the OPs girlfriend, then there's should be no real issue in just transferring money directly to her bank account.

Posted

You've never been in a relationship have you? Girlfriend doesn't mean have my creditcard.

There is other ways to trade items sure, but they are crappier. Usualy when I have extra pearls I like to get my friends something small they need. This time it happen to be a pet. So instead of simply gifting from my extra pearls I had to charge money into their account. It was done, but it was more of a hassle than it had to be.

I like how people in this forum think that if you support any social activity you must be a gold bot. Soon if you are helping a friend level. Gold bot. Helping them do scrollss? Gold bot.

What is going to kill this game is not goldbot. Is the gold bot witchhunt.

giphy.gif

Posted

Pretty sure this is only temporary, nothing new. 

Even steam games put heavy restrictions on trading/marketplace due to frauds

Posted

Pretty sure this is only temporary, nothing new. 

Even steam games put heavy restrictions on trading/marketplace due to frauds

Unless they see all this dumb positive feedback and decide its good.

Posted (edited)

I think players are missing the point... Removal of gifting seems a bit extreme, for everyone claiming you have other options to gift cash shop items by sending paypal? What's next, send a person money and imply on them to spend on on a certain item since you aren't allowed to gift them?  Damn, that's like me handing my wife money and telling her to buy flowers because I'm far to lazy to run to the flower shop and pick a dozen roses! I figured she'll like it if I show my appreciation. It seems rather annoying to buy a game and constantly remain limited, and even more so if I wished to gift a friend a spare pet.  No need crying over spilled milk, but why are we spoiling the remaining carton of milk we have.  As much as I dislike the fact gifting has been disabled, could you make it possible for us to trade weapons/armor/pots/raw mats to people we've known for over a few months? It would simply suck to play a MMORPG that turns out to be nothing more but a single player rpg, with a bunch of grumpy people over a certain few making terrible mistakes.

Edited by YatoX
2 people like this

Posted

Good job Daum, dont listen to these idiots.

Posted

I think players are missing the point... Removal of gifting seems a bit extreme, for everyone claiming you have other options to gift cash shop items by sending paypal? What's next, send a person money and imply on them to spend on on a certain item since you aren't allowed to gift them?  Damn, that's like me handing my wife money and telling her to buy flowers because I'm far to lazy to run to the flower shop and pick a dozen roses I figured she'll like to show my appreciation. It seems rather annoying to buy a game and constantly remain limited, and even more so if I wished to gift a friend a spare pet.  No need crying over spilled milk, but why are we spoiling the remaining carton of milk we have.  As much as I dislike the fact gifting has been disabled, could you make it possible for us to trade weapons/armor/pots/raw mats to people we've known for over a few months? It would simply suck to play a MMORPG that turns out to be nothing more but a single player rpg, with a bunch of grumpy people over a certain few making terrible mistakes.

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Just because you are a lonely little troll doesnt mean everyone should be.

Posted

Just a personal story here. The first week the game came out I mentioned to my significant other that I liked the set of glasses in the pearl shot from CBT2 that wasn't in release. I mentioned that I wouldn't spend money on the current ones, not because I didn't like they, but because I'd rather just wait and get the ones I liked more. A few days later she playfully tells me to check my mail and looky there, the set of glasses. I was elated at her act of love and it was a pretty warm moment. She had left over cash after getting the items she wanted for her character and gifted me the glasses.

Gifting things like this is not the same as saying "here's a gift card" or "Use this $20 note on Pearls". It's the specific act of kindness/love when gifting a specific item that holds weight. Am I going to stop buying pearls over this, no. Am I going to stop playing the game for this, no. I'm just disappointing in daums actions with limited community features all in favor of "OMG BOTS". These bots aren't going to ruin the game at the rate, adding in features that restrict normal players will.

4 people like this

Posted

This Joeydee9 person is clearly a gold seller mimicing human emotions. I bet he plays a sorceress too.