• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Removal of gifting

124 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because you are a lonely little troll doesnt mean everyone should be.

I think you're missing the point - you don't have to give a person your credit card to give them money IRL. FFS children, if you're even remotely close to someone (whether it be a partner or close friend) then you should have no difficulties exchanging bank account info. It's almost like you muppets don't operate in the real world at all.

Posted

This Joeydee9 person is clearly a gold seller mimicing human emotions. I bet he plays a sorceress too.

404 Error Human Emotions not found.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This Joeydee9 person is clearly a gold seller mimicing human emotions. I bet he plays a sorceress too.

Throw him into the lake, if he drowns, then he was a TRUE BDO player, if he floats, than he was a goldseller.

Edited by GenericUser
1 person likes this

Posted

I think you're missing the point - you don't have to give a person your credit card to give them money IRL. FFS children, if you're even remotely close to someone (whether it be a partner or close friend) then you should have no difficulties exchanging bank account info. It's almost like you muppets don't operate in the real world at all.

Bane, I'd like Daum cash :)!  Pass me your bank account/information BB.  Just kidding, I rather not have your personal information, yet I wouldn't dare give my children access to my CC or bank information for them to charge charge charge the hell out of my account.

Posted

Throw him into the lake, if he drowns, then he was a TRUE BDO player, if he floats, than he was a goldseller.

Expose him to global chat and see how long it takes him to become a Trump/Nazi loving sexbot.

Posted

We know there is ways around. But they are more complicated and not as benefitial. Say I wanted to buy someone a hawk. Instead of giving them my spare,I have to give them $20 dollars via paypall or something. Or get in their account.

Or just click gift and done.

Posted

Bane, I'd like Daum cash :)!  Pass me your bank account/information BB.  Just kidding, I rather not have your personal information, yet I wouldn't dare give my children access to my CC or bank information for them to charge charge charge the hell out of my account.

Even if I gave you my bank account you don't have the password or authentication key to log onto it. Do you guys seriously not know how to transfer money into another account from your own?

Posted

Just because you are a lonely little troll doesnt mean everyone should be.

giphy.gif

Posted

Even if I gave you my bank account you don't have the password or authentication key to log onto it. Do you guys seriously not know how to transfer money into another account from your own?

Of course I do! But I refuse to give children that type of power!

Posted (edited)

Of course I do! But I refuse to give children that type of power!

There should be no children playing this type of game anyway (just people who act like children), so that's kind of a moot point anyway. Transferring funds gives neither party control over the other persons account. At all. Unless you're doing something very wrong.

Edited by Baneus

Posted

Claims to have a girlfriend, won't give her the credit card number to enter on her account. Sure. Oh well.

All these grown adults with no way to pay Daum for pearls on their own. Ok. Are gold sellers becoming sentient liars?

Holy shit the logic in this post is phenomenal. 

Posted

So, now we have to make a paypal account? What kind of stupid suggestion is that. Just because youre one of their drones doesnt mean we have to be part of that system LOL.

If the person you want to give money to has a PP account, you don't need one.

Posted

Can you confirm it's a temporary thing?

I do not have the rights to provide information behalf BDO Team. Need wait for official information from staff 

Posted

I do not have the rights to provide information behalf BDO Team. Need wait for official information from staff 

Even if I gifted you a shepard? Oh wait... 

Jk jk. Dun ban plx.

Keep up the great work on the forums though!

Posted

I say we go even further.  Gold sellers power leveling people's accounts?  Disable the leveling system.  Done.  Gold sellers spamming chat?  Remove it, no one can talk.  Done.  Gold sellers stealing peoples accounts?  Disable the login page for everyone.  Done.

No more gold sellers.  Victory for BDO!

Already done, 6 levels different can't get any xp.

Posted

Some people are way too defensive about this. It was a temporary removal until the situation is handled. Why are you guys freaking out and losing it at anyone who says this really isn't a big deal?

And all the excuses being made for these adults who have enough money to buy the game and a gaming rig but can't afford to get anything from the cash shop without your direct ability to gift them items for a while? Seriously. So over dramatic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some people are way too defensive about this. It was a temporary removal until the situation is handled. Why are you guys freaking out and losing it at anyone who says this really isn't a big deal?

And all the excuses being made for these adults who have enough money to buy the game and a gaming rig but can't afford to get anything from the cash shop without your direct ability to gift them items for a while? Seriously. So over dramatic.

Shhh just let the milk spoil already. 

Posted

Just a personal story here. The first week the game came out I mentioned to my significant other that I liked the set of glasses in the pearl shot from CBT2 that wasn't in release. I mentioned that I wouldn't spend money on the current ones, not because I didn't like they, but because I'd rather just wait and get the ones I liked more. A few days later she playfully tells me to check my mail and looky there, the set of glasses. I was elated at her act of love and it was a pretty warm moment. She had left over cash after getting the items she wanted for her character and gifted me the glasses.

Gifting things like this is not the same as saying "here's a gift card" or "Use this $20 note on Pearls". It's the specific act of kindness/love when gifting a specific item that holds weight. Am I going to stop buying pearls over this, no. Am I going to stop playing the game for this, no. I'm just disappointing in daums actions with limited community features all in favor of "OMG BOTS". These bots aren't going to ruin the game at the rate, adding in features that restrict normal players will.

Thank you. This is what I was trying to get across, but these idiots aren't understanding it.

Posted

My husband and I both play the game, and the way the pearl bonuses work, it would make more sense for one of us to buy a lot of pearls and gift the other one what they want. Granted, we aren't going to buy any because the cash shop is too expensive for a b2p, but I digress. It seems the only people who don't understand this point is people who don't have SOs playing the game with them or are single.

Posted (edited)

This isn't just a simple "bot" issue. These sellers are using people's stolen credit cards to purchase Pearls from Daum, which then inevitably get charged back by their original owners. This is a necessary temporary solution. Dealing with charge backs is both costly and troubling.

Edited by Tomoyo

Posted

I asked if Gifting was going to be in the game two days before Conqueror's head start. I don't have the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of they don't have it/won't give out information on the subject.

It's been THREE WEEKS since the payment issue has started, and yet it hasn't been resolved.

So even if they did have gifting enabled, they still haven't resolved the issue of payment failing. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks, of which I'll just be willing to spend less and less to a company that seems to not have it's act together.

Which is pretty sad, that I have more of a chance of getting my items from a Credit-Card fraud, scamming third party illegal website, than from Daum themselves.

Posted

then it should of never been done to begin with. it like companies dont think before acting anymore. this type of move does way more harm than good. i can understand they want to deal a blow to RMTs and such but at least think first.... daum.

yeap

I asked if Gifting was going to be in the game two days before Conqueror's head start. I don't have the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of they don't have it/won't give out information on the subject.

It's been THREE WEEKS since the payment issue has started, and yet it hasn't been resolved.

So even if they did have gifting enabled, they still haven't resolved the issue of payment failing. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks, of which I'll just be willing to spend less and less to a company that seems to not have it's act together.

Which is pretty sad, that I have more of a chance of getting my items from a Credit-Card fraud, scamming third party illegal website, than from Daum themselves.

I had to put in a ticket to senior support to get my account "unlocked" at the payment issue screen to purchase $20 of daum cash....of course they did this 2 days after the launch sale event was over.

Posted

How stupid are people for not seeing that this is needed until they make a fix for it? Who knows how many thousands of dollars are being lost because gold selling sites are scamming Daum with stolen credit cards? Bunch of selfish pricks here who can't think outside of their own gain.