• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life Skills severely limited by Energy Regen

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I am trying to focus on leveling my life skills, and is just horribly limited by my Energy Regen.

I have 60 Energy atm, and I can blow through it all within 20 minutes.

I then have to sleep on a bed for 60 minutes to recover my energy, to repeat the cycle all over again.

The problem isn't the cap, since at my rate I can blow through 200+ energy within an hour, then being forced to wait 200+ minutes

Note I am using the premium bed to recover this fast, using a normal bed or even doing quests for energy is much slower to regen.

Please Daum remove the Energy usage for Life Skills, it does nothing but cause grief for player who are trying to level them.

The argument of the system being used to prevent over saturation of manufactured/gathered goods, and to control supply/demand is completely false.

The reason why people hardly sell any crafted items is because the crafted item sells for much less than the materials are worth.

I do not see the other things like Fishing or Grinding being limited by energy.

Fishing just endlessly pumps newly generated silver into the economy, and Grinding just generates high value drops to sell.

A gameplay mechanic that you cannot continuously do is horribly broken and unbalanced.

Please Fix.

2 people like this

Posted

Theres nothing to fix, this game is not for you. dont let the door hit you on your way out.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Theres nothing to fix, this game is not for you. dont let the door hit you on your way out.

I'm guessing you've never touched the Life Skills portion of the game.

I really don't get how having a complaint about one aspect of an game would make this game not be for me.

I am only trying to bring up how I believe this system is not balanced.

If you have any arguments that prove me wrong, feel free to do so, instead of giving such non-constructive feedback.

EDIT: Nvm, I should have searched before I posted this. I found a huge thread complaining about this too. (title is misleading cause it said processing, but it covers everything too).

Edited by R4id3rz

Posted

I'm guessing you've never touched the Life Skills portion of the game.

I really don't get how having a complaint about one aspect of an game would make this game not be for me.

I am only trying to bring up how I believe this system is not balanced.

If you have any arguments that prove me wrong, feel free to do so, instead of giving such non-constructive feedback.

EDIT: Nvm, I should have searched before I posted this. I found a huge thread complaining about this too. (title is misleading cause it said processing, but it covers everything too).

Ha the oppotise iv got skilled rank in more than one skill. Difference between you and me is that i understand this game and you dont.

Posted

Ha the oppotise iv got skilled rank in more than one skill. Difference between you and me is that i understand this game and you dont.

skilled...really isn't much to brag about it's not hard to get, a day maybe 2 and you're there.

I am trying to focus on leveling my life skills, and is just horribly limited by my Energy Regen.

I have 60 Energy atm, and I can blow through it all within 20 minutes.

I then have to sleep on a bed for 60 minutes to recover my energy, to repeat the cycle all over again.

The problem isn't the cap, since at my rate I can blow through 200+ energy within an hour, then being forced to wait 200+ minutes

Note I am using the premium bed to recover this fast, using a normal bed or even doing quests for energy is much slower to regen.

Please Daum remove the Energy usage for Life Skills, it does nothing but cause grief for player who are trying to level them.

The argument of the system being used to prevent over saturation of manufactured/gathered goods, and to control supply/demand is completely false.

The reason why people hardly sell any crafted items is because the crafted item sells for much less than the materials are worth.

I do not see the other things like Fishing or Grinding being limited by energy.

Fishing just endlessly pumps newly generated silver into the economy, and Grinding just generates high value drops to sell.

A gameplay mechanic that you cannot continuously do is horribly broken and unbalanced.

Please Fix.

granted the energy rate can be rather annoying depending on what you planned, but the life skills aren't meant to be blasted through in a day, which was the problem in the Korean version. (cooking especially with the carrot juices)  

Posted

Im Prof. 5 Alchemy, Prof. 1 Gathering, Skilled 9 Processing, Skilled 5 Fishing, Skilled 3 Cooking, Skilled 1 Trading. And I didnt rush anything, dont even focus on doing it. I mainly grind and do PK-PvP. Don´t rly see the problem with the energy. All the 24/7 Life-Skill-ppl would probably already be Artisan in every profession and cry for more content by now...

4 people like this

Posted

That is the most retarded thing you could have said

Posted

That is the most retarded thing you could have said

stay salty mate stay salty.

skilled...really isn't much to brag about it's not hard to get, a day maybe 2 and you're there.

granted the energy rate can be rather annoying depending on what you planned, but the life skills aren't meant to be blasted through in a day, which was the problem in the Korean version. (cooking especially with the carrot juices)  

Stay salty you too :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe that a partial fix for this would be to be able to regain energy in bed 10x faster that is now. also if you log off or log in to another character the one you have left in house should regain 5x energy so you can play and do stuffs with your alts till your main in regaining energy faster in house.

Posted

If anything I've got too much energy. You need to prioritize what you wish to do instead of trying to do all.

You have four character slots. Use them. One alt for fishing (will need a lot of inventory (thus do the inventory expansion quests) so it's best not to be cluttered with all the crap BDO throws at us so we will feel forced to spend RL cash in inventory expansion), one alt for cooking, one alt for extras and one main.

Your main will always have lots of energy since it will be what you're going to have online all the time thus recovering at a quicker pace. If you AFK fish your fisher will also have a full bar when you return. Your cook should be stationed over Heidel and as a rule will tend to have some energy to burn as well.

Try to focus one character for processing, and since it tends to use up a lot of energy the fisher isn't a bad choice. Melt, grind, etc on it and the extra alt I mentioned above.

Do not try to have one single character able to do everything. Other games allow it. BDO is not those other games.

Keep on trucking with your main. 60 energy is early game and if you compare life skills to combat then it is like having a level 20 trying to kill a world boss. Not yet, but you'll get there. I'm currently at 130 energy (and it's nothing amazing) and I'm getting to the point where I have too much energy so I'm spreading my network to bring in more raw materials so I can burn it.

You should not ask a game that has been out for two years to change in order to accommodate you. You should work with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Friendly indeed.

Must say I agree with OP, changes to the energy system could be healthy. Always hated those mobile-app games limitation.

My idea would involve you being able to do stuff without energy, just with the use of energy you would do stuff faster or well have a higher succesrate or the like. Just a suggestion :)

Posted (edited)

Im Prof. 5 Alchemy, Prof. 1 Gathering, Skilled 9 Processing, Skilled 5 Fishing, Skilled 3 Cooking, Skilled 1 Trading. And I didnt rush anything, dont even focus on doing it. I mainly grind and do PK-PvP. Don´t rly see the problem with the energy. All the 24/7 Life-Skill-ppl would probably already be Artisan in every profession and cry for more content by now...

jacpMCw.jpg

Yes. I've already stocked up 300mil worth of materials in my bank, most of which are for Mediah crafting. Everything  I would want to make now is locked behind the patch T-T

The people crying about energy regen know jack-shit about crafting in general. If I really wanted to, I could convert 2.5k timbers into plywoods upon waking up in the morning. That's possible because of all the little efficiency mechanics and energy-generators that exist within the game. Not to mention that higher craft levels make you stop consuming energy a high % of the time when crafting base materials. It's finding all these little opportunities and efficiently using them that seperates a good crafter from a bad one. It's a skill. If you dont have it - you will cry about regen, while others will be mkaing milions upon milions.

Edited by Felkin

Posted

jacpMCw.jpg

Yes. I've already stocked up 300mil worth of materials in my bank, most of which are for Mediah crafting. Everything  I would want to make now is locked behind the patch T-T

The people crying about energy regen know jack-shit about crafting in general. If I really wanted to, I could convert 2.5k timbers into plywoods upon waking up in the morning. That's possible because of all the little efficiency mechanics and energy-generators that exist within the game. Not to mention that higher craft levels make you stop consuming energy a high % of the time when crafting base materials. It's finding all these little opportunities and efficiently using them that seperates a good crafter from a bad one. It's a skill. If you dont have it - you will cry about regen, while others will be mkaing milions upon milions.

nothing here is about skill - you have just some experience/good tips from another launch.

Posted

so purely because one person knows how to work the system and somebody else dosent means the system is broken? as felkin stated all you need to do is learn the system and use it properly.

Posted

nothing here is about skill - you have just some experience/good tips from another launch.

A "skill" is the learned ability to carry out a task with pre-determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both. What you just said is quite literally skill.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I did not play on any other server. I played 1 week on RU just to see if I will like the game, didn't even touch the crafting there. Literally all my knowledge came from experimentation, personal documentation and personal calculations. Only used stuff like the Foundry to get an initial idea to work off-of. 

Just because you can't critically think about a game and look for solutions to problems without depending on the experiences of others, does not mean that everyone else is like that and that. Learning by itself is a skill. This game rewards learning and experimenting. Heck. There is a truffle gathering guide on youtube by some russian showing 10 locations. When I saw that video, I had already known 6 of the locations just from exploration on my own. Another 4 which aren't listed in that guide. The game has tons of content that isin't even documented by anyone online, anywhere. Stop thinking that there is nowhere to improve. There is. There is so much that people don't know about, which hey never will unelss they actually try themselves.

Maybe, once I'm max gear, master in all skills and will have completely stopped caring about those shiny gold medals, will just make a massive, number-based guide on how to work the crafting side of this game. Majority of the things you will have known, seen exist, but didn't bother to optimally use, just because you are lazy AF to actually WORK to further crafting gains, rather than hoping to achieve everything playing the game semi-afk.

Edited by Felkin
2 people like this

Posted

Agreed, I don't have any problems with the energy system, I totally enjoy it. I don't even have my workers do anything but craft what i can't. If there's something I can do myself, I do it. Plus quests recover your energy as well. Lvl 35 and 138 energy so far.

Posted

It's a good system and makes sense. Also, dunno if this was mentioned, but as you level up a gathering skill or anything that uses up energy. The higher the level, the better chance of a energy discount.

It's hard at first, but once you get past that it starts to get easier. And if you think that's too much for you, then you can always go for fishing which uses no energy.

Posted

Not really a fan of the energy system myself.  Currently professional (gather 5, proc 8, cook 3) in most that take energy and I have 202 energy cap.  The bulk of the issue is the time it takes to fill up that cap.  Even if I'm doing any of the other low/no energy game play (leveling horses, grinding mobs, etc) that's 10 hours to refill my energy back up.  Alternatively I can "not" play the game and sit in a cash shop bed for 200 minutes to regen.  Many quests are hit or miss whether or not you actually regen energy because they aren't adjusted to take into account the additional processing energy costs not present in the base version of the game.  On that note, the people who do have high skill are largely from those quest rewards and not from actually trying to grind it out because the skill gain returns on energy usage is incredibly low at higher ranks.  Making something like Sute tea which is 5 energy for the milk, 1 energy to process it into cream, 1 energy to process cream into butter, then another few energy to make the base tea and finally the tea is pretty damn energy intensive when trying to make any kind of bulk of that product.  Even with energy discount procs turning 800 Cendar Logs into 13 Sturdy Cedar Plywood was around 150 energy.

And all that really ignores the numerous other functions energy has from raising Amity, to rolling better workers, to wiping knowledge, gambling on the mystery vendor, inventing in nodes and much more.  While you can employ alts to help you out with many of these tasks, they regen at 10% of the speed of a normal player who's online (roughly 48 per 24h).  To me all this is baffling that we have a more restrictive energy system when in KR not only do they get a less restrictive system but on top of that also get energy regen from their "Freemium" buff making things even easier.  You would think in a more restrictive system, there'd be a way to alleviate it.

Posted (edited)

Not really a fan of the energy system myself.  Currently professional (gather 5, proc 8, cook 3) in most that take energy and I have 202 energy cap.  The bulk of the issue is the time it takes to fill up that cap.  Even if I'm doing any of the other low/no energy game play (leveling horses, grinding mobs, etc) that's 10 hours to refill my energy back up.  Alternatively I can "not" play the game and sit in a cash shop bed for 200 minutes to regen.  Many quests are hit or miss whether or not you actually regen energy because they aren't adjusted to take into account the additional processing energy costs not present in the base version of the game.  On that note, the people who do have high skill are largely from those quest rewards and not from actually trying to grind it out because the skill gain returns on energy usage is incredibly low at higher ranks.  Making something like Sute tea which is 5 energy for the milk, 1 energy to process it into cream, 1 energy to process cream into butter, then another few energy to make the base tea and finally the tea is pretty damn energy intensive when trying to make any kind of bulk of that product.  Even with energy discount procs turning 800 Cendar Logs into 13 Sturdy Cedar Plywood was around 150 energy.

And all that really ignores the numerous other functions energy has from raising Amity, to rolling better workers, to wiping knowledge, gambling on the mystery vendor, inventing in nodes and much more.  While you can employ alts to help you out with many of these tasks, they regen at 10% of the speed of a normal player who's online (roughly 48 per 24h).  To me all this is baffling that we have a more restrictive energy system when in KR not only do they get a less restrictive system but on top of that also get energy regen from their "Freemium" buff making things even easier.  You would think in a more restrictive system, there'd be a way to alleviate it.

As you said it's the vanilla base game, I'm sure we will see improvements to the system or items that help with that. Only thing I can say for now is do other stuff that doesn't require energy. So fish for your money is what I'm saying.

Edited by PhantomIndex

Posted

Energy regen is ok (wouldn't mind 1 energy per min out of the bed, 2 energy per min in normal bed and 3 energy per min in premium bed tho).

Cow milking energy consumption is not ok tho. Seriously, let me milk more cows Daum, 5 energy per cow is too much, reduce it to like 3 and make it generate Gathering EXP.

Posted

As you said it's the vanilla base game, I'm sure we will see improvements to the system or items that help with that. Only thing I can say for now is do other stuff that doesn't require energy. So fish for your money is what I'm saying.

As I posted I'm well aware of the various activities I can do that don't take as much or no energy.

And as you said, none of that really addresses any of the issues I have with the system.

Posted

Sorry for existing :3

Posted (edited)

Somes ppl still dont understand that somes players, by choice, might just want stick gather / craft for hours.

And because of the energy regen, that game do not allow that, and force you to afk / do something else.

Its not because it doesnt prevent lvl up life skills, or because other deal with it that this system is fine.

I'am used to it, but i still think the energy regen / forced afk or so, is a bad setting.

Edited by woots

Posted

Never see people suggest doing town quests for regening energy. If you never see any check your quest filter, there are loads of repeatable quests, especially in Calpheon which reward energy without needing to spend it. Won't let you go from 0 to 100 in a heartbeat but it does help.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0