• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

QoL Suggestions/Misc

5 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Hit boxes on Mining nodes feel like they might be too small. You can easily miss them and sometimes it can be annoying to get the confirmation back that you can mine it if your mouse goes over it. 
  2. Monsters near Olvia path onto the road and your character can get stuck/slow to move around them.
  3. General auto run path fixes in major cities - The path you take sometimes doesn't make sense or you get stuck on objects.
    1. The path you walk should also not be in the center but off to the side so you can avoid workers/traders. It would be nice to make different lanes per road for traders/workers/AI who walk versus a player walking/running or on a horse. This may be something that is extensive.
  4. Map UI - Possibility to set specific filters for gather knowledge when you've fully explored an area and have knowledge of that resource. Similarly, if you have knowledge of places where you've fished, it would be neat to be able to show hot spots of what you've caught on the map.
  5. Add a local (your IRL time) clock that you can place in the UI. Digital readout. I spend too much time playing and don't pay attention to the time! :D
  6. Gifting Pearl packages. Yes, I know there is the current issue that was brought up with fraud/abuse but when this is resolved (assuming you can still gift), it would be nice to add that option as well.
  7. Gifting Codes - When you buy an item, you could get a code to gift it to someone. An example would be someone buying maybe 10 codes to giveaway. This could be for items or pearl packages, etc. 
  8. East Coast Server - Pretty self explanatory. I would be interested to know if there are plans to have one or the reason why the west coast only was chosen for NA. Being in a guild who has a primary member base on the east coast and many EU members makes it hard to get everyone together and have the same experience. Please don't tell me that lag is not an issue when I can rubber band in towns or when there is a large population of people around.
  9. Collision - I don't want it removed, but I think it can be polished a bit. Sometimes you get stuck on object, NPCs, players, etc. It can be annoying and can even cause you to die when your character is getting stuck on random objects while fighting. It just needs to be more fluid. It system seems like it wants you to almost stay stuck on an object on purpose rather than allowing you to freely move around it sometimes. 
  10. Crafting - Specifically things like cooking. Allow us to just click on the recipe and make it and select the amount (or max) from the items in the inventory. I know, it's minor but it would make it go a lot quicker when you are trying to make different recipes.

Small list here. I can probably think of more but this is what I got in a short amount of time.

1. Ability to toggle on and off of player (Not NPC) nameplates in towns/cities. Sometimes there are just way too many. I'd imagine this might help a tiny bit with lag as well.
  2. Select Autorun destinations for cities. An example would be allowing me to pick (with the city UI when you click it) autorun destinations (can only select 1) like my residence, trader, storage, market, and stable. If there are more than one, it would select the closest to you. This would apply when you just right click on the city itself as a destination. Rather than it going to a specific person automatically. We already have autorun, why not allow us to pick where we want to autorun to when we select a city.

Just thought of another, exchange loyalty for pearls. You could make it really high. An example could be 10k loyalty for 1k pearls. Again, just an example. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Another suggestion.

City/Town UI - Allow filters when you select a town to highlight specific NPCs. This would apply only to those you have knowledge for. You could select Repair, General Shop, Weapon Shops, Marketplace locations, etc, and it would highlight where that NPC is. Maybe a glowing outline of that NPC icon. Allow players to customize the color the outline glows as well (thinking about color blind people). Yes, I know you can select NPC next to your minimap but it just feels odd that it isn't part of the City map UI.

Caphras Cave - Possessed Humans - When you first engage them, they are not able to be attacked right after. This is very annoying and I don't understand this mechanic. Maybe reduce the time it takes for them to start attacking you so you can continue to attack them. I find it annoying that I first have to engage them and then wait a few seconds and then I can actually attack them.

Edit: Woops, logged onto a different trial account I had at one time by accident. 

Combat Sounds/Dialog - I would like the voice your character makes with combat to not be tied into the rest of the voices. It should be tied into combat sounds and no dialog sounds. Just my opinion but it sometimes gets annoying when you want to hear the dialog of NPCs but find it more annoying how loud you are in combat. I would like to turn down the combat sound and leave the regular dialog up.

PS: I've just decided to post on my trial account due to not wanting it to look like I am bumping my post with 2 accounts.

Edited by Natir

Posted

MORE SUGGESTIONS FOR THOSE WITH OCD!

The portraits at the logout screen show our characters faces instead of the generic class faces.

That and give us the ability to organize our character selection screen (Think WoW) like that

Posted

Just wanted to let you know why you cant just click a recipe and cook.  The reason is that virtually all recipes have a very large amount of variable ingredients.  For fish recipes the number of variables is in the hundreds for veggies and grains just a few but with fish and veggies and grains in some recipes the number of combinations is very high.  The game would have no idea which combinations you wanted to use and a guessing algorithm would cause lag for sure.

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to let you know why you cant just click a recipe and cook.  The reason is that virtually all recipes have a very large amount of variable ingredients.  For fish recipes the number of variables is in the hundreds for veggies and grains just a few but with fish and veggies and grains in some recipes the number of combinations is very high.  The game would have no idea which combinations you wanted to use and a guessing algorithm would cause lag for sure.

Just like I said, it will only make it from ingredients you have in your inventory. This is assuming you have already gained the knowledge from it. This isn't like you making the recipe and it using different ingredients. You would be selecting what you want to make and it takes the ingredients from your inventory of the recipe you have knowledge for. So, let's say you are making beer and you've been using potatoes but you only have wheat in your inventory. It wouldn't be able to craft beer because you have not learned that version of the recipe yet. Once you learn it, it will take the ingredients from your inventory and make it. Again, this system is reliant on two things; you need the items in your inventory and you need the knowledge for it. It will only make what you've already made. So, there wouldn't be a random combination the game doesn't know because you would have to know that exact combination and have that in your inventory. 

Edited by Natir

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0