• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Post-Awakening, which class is the strongest?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, I currently have several lvl 30s characters (was trying all of them out) and I was wondering what are the tier list of classes post-awakening weapon so far? Comments and insights from players who have played in the KR server would be greatly appreciated!

Posted

The class that you are best at honestly. Also, not all of the awakens have come out so this question cant fully be answered. 

Posted

also some of the awakenings are better at pve than pvp.

Posted

The class that you are best at honestly. Also, not all of the awakens have come out so this question cant fully be answered. 

depending on wut wizard and witch get....they might reset the tier list eh?

Posted

I sure do hope Wizard/Witch, as i'm maining a witch xD But our awakening hasn't been released yet, it also could be some crap like Ranger got. (they got sword, seriously????????)

Posted

I sure do hope Wizard/Witch, as i'm maining a witch xD But our awakening hasn't been released yet, it also could be some crap like Ranger got. (they got sword, seriously????????)

ok first off ur profile pic matches ur excitement amazingly so kudos xDDD, secondly i just want it to be a weapon that gives it the utility it needs to shine. Hopefully some added mobility or something that allows the Witch and Wizard to better control the pace of battle. I think someone mentioned some kind of beast transformation at one time and that sounded pretty cool. Could hop into the transformation for a quick speed boost and then return to staff to rain hell down from above :3

Posted

ok first off ur profile pic matches ur excitement amazingly so kudos xDDD, secondly i just want it to be a weapon that gives it the utility it needs to shine. Hopefully some added mobility or something that allows the Witch and Wizard to better control the pace of battle. I think someone mentioned some kind of beast transformation at one time and that sounded pretty cool. Could hop into the transformation for a quick speed boost and then return to staff to rain hell down from above :3

Haha, why thank you xD There's a whole thread in Wizard/Witch forum section quessing what we could get for awakening, there's some really potential choices listed there, and then there's posts like this:

393d120424277c65c2249421ba3ce6b8.jpg

But well, If we get more mobility with the awakening, we're gonna be the best PvP class, as mobility and defence are only things what we lack of.

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha, why thank you xD There's a whole thread in Wizard/Witch forum section quessing what we could get for awakening, there's some really potential choices listed there, and then there's posts like this:

393d120424277c65c2249421ba3ce6b8.jpg

But well, If we get more mobility with the awakening, we're gonna be the best PvP class, as mobility and defence are only things what we lack of.

it was stated that the awakening are there to make up for the drawbacks for the main weapons. So im guessing that if they went the mobility route then they might have terrible damage seeing as u guys have plenty of that shizz eh ;)

tumblr_mx3uvflzNM1rb06tgo1_500.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

you say you dont like the ranger awakening purely because its a sword , but the whole point behind the awakening weapons is to change the play style.

and from the gameplay i saw of the ranger sword i actually liked it alot.

Posted

depending on wut wizard and witch get....they might reset the tier list eh?

Honestly they could do anything with that class considering all the tools they shoved into its kit, so possibly. They might even turn into an entirely different class, or maybe have to pick an element or something and get increased proficiency in that element? Who knows~

Posted

Honestly they could do anything with that class considering all the tools they shoved into its kit, so possibly. They might even turn into an entirely different class, or maybe have to pick an element or something and get increased proficiency in that element? Who knows~

i was imagining....and just hear me out...wut if they get whips that give them special properties depending on the elemental attribute on it. Like fire applying DOT, earth doing AoE, ice applying a slow, and wind giving a speed boost to themselves. That would be pretty terrible, it would allow them more control of the battle field as well as giving them plenty of utility. I don't see what they could give that class that wouldn't be AIDS. I believe wut u said about making them a different class might be the best thing. Just offer Wiz and Wit a different way to play. Any little bit of aid u give them would compleeeeeeeeeetely reset the tier list. 

you say you dont like the ranger awakening purely because its a sword , but the whole point behind the awakening weapons is to change the play style.

and from the gameplay i saw of the ranger sword i actually liked it alot.

its supposed to change the play-style but also make up for the failings of the regular weapon, hence why there is a debate about how far the awakenings can vary before they defeat the purpose of the classes fighting style

Posted

by adding a melee element to the archer makes it more versitile , also adds more to a rogue'ish playstyle.

my point was that the awakening isent terrible just because its a sword/dagger awakening.

1 person likes this

Posted

by adding a melee element to the archer makes it more versitile , also adds more to a rogue'ish playstyle.

my point was that the awakening isent terrible just because its a sword/dagger awakening.

I think they just wanted it to be something other than a sword/dagger, because we're already fully loaded with classes who use them (Warrior, Valkyrie, Tamer, Blader, Plum, Ninja, Kunoichi, Wizard, Witch). It wouldn't have hurt to use something else, if only so we don't end up having everyone using swords; Katars, Chakram, and etc. could've been used with the same concept.

Posted

I think they just wanted it to be something other than a sword/dagger, because we're already fully loaded with classes who use them (Warrior, Valkyrie, Tamer, Blader, Plum, Ninja, Kunoichi, Wizard, Witch). It wouldn't have hurt to use something else, if only so we don't end up having everyone using swords; Katars, Chakram, and etc. could've been used with the same concept.

tumblr_static_31lwfxgjsnok480c4sggos48w_

Chakrams F-Yeah 

Posted

so people are more salty about the weapon than the playstyle , makes no sense to me. no other class in the game currently has the same playstyle as the sword ranger

Posted

so people are more salty about the weapon than the playstyle , makes no sense to me. no other class in the game currently has the same playstyle as the sword ranger

Nah, it's not about the playstyle, it's the weapon itself. With a few alterations, the same style could have been obtained with a weapon other than a sword, with potentially even more interesting visuals.

You can say the sword is good enough, that it's already done, and that's true. But just question yourself: couldn't the devs have stretched their imagination a bit further to make Ranger's awakening standout even more? If we look at the Blader's awakening, for example, the hype of having a Woldo as an awakening weapon itself only made people want to play him even more.

Posted

it was stated that the awakening are there to make up for the drawbacks for the main weapons. So im guessing that if they went the mobility route then they might have terrible damage seeing as u guys have plenty of that shizz eh ;)

Hidden Content

Sure, that could be possible idea .-. Or then they just make us some crappy tanks xDD 

Posted (edited)

Nah, it's not about the playstyle, it's the weapon itself. With a few alterations, the same style could have been obtained with a weapon other than a sword, with potentially even more interesting visuals.

You can say the sword is good enough, that it's already done, and that's true. But just question yourself: couldn't the devs have stretched their imagination a bit further to make Ranger's awakening standout even more? If we look at the Blader's awakening, for example, the hype of having a Woldo as an awakening weapon itself only made people want to play him even more.

Considering how obvious the warrior and valk awakenings are, giving the archer elemental daggers WAS them being creative....ill give them props on giant though, nobody on earth saw that coming. This plus no other class really uses any type of dagger-esque weapon, except as an offhand. The bladers awakening is just hyped so much because people like that class so much....... as will most likely be with the witch awakening. The thought of having an elemental dagger that practically uses spirit blast aoe skills, while also giving you an option for when melee opponents close in on you might be a lot better than what you are giving them credit for. Especially considering most the people on the forums wanted something unoriginal like a bigger bow.... or a gun.... 

Edited by KeenEye

Posted

so you'd be happier with dual daggers even if all the animations and all the skills were exactly the same? kinda picky.

Posted

Considering how obvious the warrior and valk awakenings are, giving the archer elemental daggers WAS them being creative....ill give them props on giant though, nobody on earth saw that coming. This plus no other class really uses any type of dagger-esque weapon, except as an offhand. The bladers awakening is just hyped so much because people like that class so much....... as will most likely be with the witch awakening. The thought of having an elemental dagger that practically uses spirit blast aoe skills, while also giving you an option for when melee opponents close in on you might be a lot better than what you are giving them credit for. Especially considering most the people on the forums wanted something unoriginal like a bigger bow.... or a gun.... 

The Giant and Sorceress set the bar high with their awakenings. Warrior was... eh, obligatory greatsword user is all I can say really, and he was the first. Valkyrie is... unusual, if only because she's wielding such a ridiculously massive cavalry weapon with one hand. The Blader may seem hyped because of it's popularity, but I do know people who had little interest in him before deciding to swap to Blader after seeing his awakening (polearms are pretty popular, it seems).

There's nothing wrong with elemental daggers/shortswords, but I think they could've stretched their minds a bit further given how they did Giant.

Anyway, what's done is done. Lets just hope they do good with Wizard/Witch and Ninja/Kunoichi.

Posted (edited)

I honestly hope that wizards awakening is not that awesome because that class is broken enough as it is. Most likely just me being cynical though. 

Edited by KeenEye

Posted

unfortunately without all the awakenings released, it is hard to say

Posted

I honestly hope that wizards awakening is not that awesome because that class is broken enough as it is. Most likely just me being cynical though. 

Worst case scenario, they'll nerf the current wizard to make room for Awakening, like they did the Warrior.

Posted (edited)

=gets rid of the chain stuns==and heal=

Edited by KeenEye

Posted

#wizzard becomes a healer