• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My Thoughts on People Selling Cash Shop Items

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I WANNA CLARIFY THAT I NEVER BOUGHT OR WILL BUY SOMETHING FROM THESE GUYS

Alright so now that i have got that out of the way i can explain my way of thinking.

First of : The sellers exist because there is demand for it because the real cash shop is to expensive. Thats the way it is, 30€ for a costume is quite pricy and not everyone can or wants to buy it at that price.

2nd : Things like this have happened in every MMO i have played so far and the problem has never been solved.

3rd : If the costumes would have been priced 10€ a piece i would have bought many, multiple ones for all my chars, with the prices being this high i wont buy anything. Which is a shame since i would want to support the devs, but getting basically nothing in return sucks.

4th : How those sellers work : They actualy deliver and always will deliver thats the way it has been in every mmo. BUT they buy the items with stolen credit cards, meaning if the person the credit card belonged to gets his money refunded, the only one hurt is the games publisher since most of the time the person who bought the item claims it has been gifted to him by a friend.

Possible Solution : Just divide the prices in cash shop by 3 and refund the ppl who bought sth already 2/3rds of their pearls. This nulls the need for those shops and in the long run earns Daum more money.

Thanks for reading

Best Reguards

hakklo

5 people like this

Posted

I like this idea. Well said.

Sadly, I don't think Daum cares about how they are ruining the game for players that don't spend money after the initial buy in. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1) Doesn't matter what price the cash shop items are for, people involved in CC fraud are still going to try and sell it for cheaper. Not like 90% of pearl shop prices makes that huge of a difference (which is what was mostly advertised)

2) Just because it's not solved doesn't mean the issues can't be mitigated. Now that they've disabled gifting the threshold has been raised significantly, only to people who'd buy a new account with pearls or are dumb enough to buy powerlevelling (and probably get banned for spamming adds), or let the pearl sellers use fraudulent CC's on their account, likely getting them banned when the  chargebacks hit eventually.

That's a way larger barrier than 'Hey, gift me these items I pay you for'. People don't like to share account info, or start over to get pearls etc because if they want them they're likely already invested. A lot of people probably also think that if they just get gifted something they're less likely to get punished if something goes wrong with the purchase.

Edited by Pheace

Posted

Possible Solution : Just divide the prices in cash shop by 3 and refund the ppl who bought sth already 2/3rds of their pearls. This nulls the need for those shops and in the long run earns Daum more money.

Oh WOW, that is genius!

Quick! Send an e-mail to DAUM: divide the prices by 3, that is absolutely genius!

Posted

Sadly, I don't think Daum cares about how they are ruining the game for players that don't spend money after the initial buy in. 

I think the OP meant they will never buy anything from the people sell-gifting the cash shop items with stolen credit cards, not that they will never buy anything from Daum.

Posted

I think the OP meant they will never buy anything from the people sell-gifting the cash shop items with stolen credit cards, not that they will never buy anything from Daum.

maybe but there are plenty of people that will never spend money after the initial buy-in. Those people shouldn't feel like they can't succeed in game because of that. The Daum Cash shop is designed to help people with money, have advantages over people who can't spend or only have a little bit of extra money.

Posted

Oh please. Even if the costumes woud cost some cents, people would buy it for half the cents in illegal stores. Why? Because people. 

Solution? Not needed, as buyers in BDO-RMT shops loose their account and cc-details anyway. If not you can always ban them afterwards. Permaban.

Posted

This thread deservers to be closed.

Posted

Why i was trying to give constructive criticism and express my thoughts on this ... Isnt that what a forum is for in the first place ?

Posted

thanks for contributing to the conversation. 

Posted

thanks for contributing to the conversation. 

Anytime.

Posted (edited)

Oh please. Even if the costumes woud cost some cents, people would buy it for half the cents in illegal stores. Why? Because people. 

Solution? Not needed, as buyers in BDO-RMT shops loose their account and cc-details anyway. If not you can always ban them afterwards. Permaban.

You cant really ban people for buying from these sites ...  That is part of the problem, Since as far as i know its by no means illegal to pay somebody to gift you something

Also people wont buy them from other sites if the prices are fair / if there is no demand for it to be cheaper because its affordable. League of Legends is the best example reguardless of the game being good or not.

Edited by hakklo

Posted

You can't force a greedy company to cut prices. It's not gonna happen.

Until now they haven't done anything, that doesn't hurt their costumers, to fight the goldsellers. I don't think they will do anything bout their own high prices as well. Chances are that they are in deep debt, because of the lengthy production time of this game, that lowering prices will hurt them more than battling goldspammers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You cant really ban people for buying from these sites ...  That is part of the problem, Since as far as i know its by no means illegal to pay somebody to gift you something

You are recipient of a product bought with a stolen credit card.

You are knowingly and willingly violating both DAUMs policy and laws by participating in the procedure aka buying from said gold sellers.

Edited by Che

Posted

Until now they haven't done anything, that doesn't hurt their costumers, to fight the goldsellers. I don't think they will do anything bout their own high prices as well. Chances are that they are in deep debt, because of the lengthy production time of this game, that lowering prices will hurt them more than battling goldspammers.

Daum is not in debt. Daum Communications is the biggest Internet Provider in KR. They are basically printing money,

Posted

Why i was trying to give constructive criticism and express my thoughts on this ... Isnt that what a forum is for in the first place ?

Your suggestion was just to lower the price. That isn't a suggestion at all. That is your opinion. Your only issue is that you state the reason this happening is prices are high which you have no evidence to back up. Credit card fraud will always be there and people who want cheap items will always be there. It doesn't matter the price. This company needs to hire a firm or another company to manage their payments who have experience dealing with fraud and abuse. Just saying "lowering the price will fix it" is complete bull. You just want the prices lowered. You even mentioned that you would have bought some cosmetic items had the prices been cheaper. 

Posted

You are receipent of a product bought with a stolen credit card.

You are knowingly and willingly violating both DAUMs policy and laws by participating in the procedure aka buying from said gold sellers.

The mistake in your thought is that it is by no means confirmed that those items are purchased with stolen credit cards, Potentially it could be someone offering to "gift" you stuff for less money because he wants too, which is not illicit.

Posted

Your suggestion was just to lower the price. That isn't a suggestion at all. That is your opinion. Your only issue is that you state the reason this happening is prices are high which you have no evidence to back up. Credit card fraud will always be there and people who want cheap items will always be there. It doesn't matter the price. This company needs to hire a firm or another company to manage their payments who have experience dealing with fraud and abuse. Just saying "lowering the price will fix it" is complete bull. You just want the prices lowered. You even mentioned that you would have bought some cosmetic items had the prices been cheaper. 

THANK YOU.

Posted (edited)

Also people wont buy them from other sites if the prices are fair / if there is no demand for it to be cheaper because its affordable. League of Legends is the best example reguardless of the game being good or not.

As i said before this is all just a question of supply and demand. If there is no demand there wont be any supply. Thats how business works ...

And yes i quoted myself ... too lazy to write it again

Edited by hakklo

Posted

You cant gift anymore. I heared function got dissabled

Posted

I WANNA CLARIFY THAT I NEVER BOUGHT OR WILL BUY SOMETHING FROM THESE GUYS

You buy. You get banned.

End of story. Good Bye.

Posted

The mistake in your thought is that it is by no means confirmed that those items are purchased with stolen credit cards, Potentially it could be someone offering to "gift" you stuff for less money because he wants too, which is not illicit.

Every "somebody" has a name. When the recipient can't say that name, every police officer knows that he is dealing with an accomplice. Just saying: "A friend gave it to me, but I don't remember his name." makes him an accomplice.

Posted (edited)

Oh yes, you can defenitely ban players for buying from criminals... See ToS:

The violation of Article 12.1.8. (Selling Account(s) or item(s)), 12.1.9. (Violation of law) shall qualify as a Default under Article 17.3. (Termination for cause) and justify the permanent ban of any involved Account as well as any Account owned by the User and the immediate termination of the Agreement for cause by Daum Games Europe.

Meaning: If you had ANY part in a fradulent transaction, then you breached the ToS and therefore can be banned permanently.

Yep...those thousands of chargebacks come from legal transactions only....riiiiight...

Get real please. Every single 3rd-party Pear Shop bases it's funding on credit card theft. That is pretty much a given.

Edited by Skaar

Posted (edited)

Oh yes, you can defenitely ban players for buying from criminals... See ToS:

Meaning: If you had ANY part in a fradulent transaction, then you breached the ToS and therefore can be banned permanently.

Yep...those thousands of chargebacks come from legal transactions only....riiiiight...

Get real please. Every single 3rd-party Pear Shop bases it's funding on credit card theft. That is pretty much a given.

I know that ... I explained it in my original post ... And i also stated :

4th : How those sellers work : They actualy deliver and always will deliver thats the way it has been in every mmo. BUT they buy the items with stolen credit cards, meaning if the person the credit card belonged to gets his money refunded, the only one hurt is the games publisher since most of the time the person who bought the item claims it has been gifted to him by a friend.

This process has happened in every MMO with a cash shop so far and will happen over and over again ... 

Also im trying to offer a possible solution not more problems ...

You cant gift anymore. I heared function got dissabled

Yes it did get disabled.

You buy. You get banned.

End of story. Good Bye.

People get banned in the first place, then claim it has been gifted to them by a friend. If there is no evidence it has not been this way, they get unbanned. THAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE -_-

Edited by hakklo

Posted

You can't force (or seriously expect) for a company to cut prices... Specially to one third of the current price. Let Daum establish fully. If they see its better to lower prices. They will.