• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My Thoughts on People Selling Cash Shop Items

45 posts in this topic

Posted

You cant gift anymore. I heared function got dissabled

Yes

Posted

Wouldn't be surprised to learn Daum is running these goldselling sites tbh.

Posted

maybe but there are plenty of people that will never spend money after the initial buy-in. Those people shouldn't feel like they can't succeed in game because of that. The Daum Cash shop is designed to help people with money, have advantages over people who can't spend or only have a little bit of extra money.

You telling me, a company should give you everything for free, not cater to those who will give them actual money and loose out of profits, because stingy?

Posted

You telling me, a company should give you everything for free, not cater to those who will give them actual money and loose out of profits, because stingy?

Everybody here gave them money, we all bought the game ... And most people, including me, think that if a game is buy to play you should get the whole package with that price

2 people like this

Posted

no not at all. We all bought the game. What I'm saying is, players with tons of money shouldn't be able to buy advantages over players who don't spend money. If the costumes and outfits only provided cosmetic appeal, people wouldn't complain. It's the combination of the costumes and outfits providing an advantage in the game and the high prices that causes the issue. People don't want to feel like they are constantly being kept down or left behind because they don't buy a costume or outfit that gives them boosts. It's unfair for the people that think they are buying a game that focuses on hard work and time and be surrounded by people that just buy an advantage. 

2 people like this

Posted

Everybody here gave them money, we all bought the game ... And most people, including me, think that if a game is buy to play you should get the whole package with that price

Lol $30 isnt enough even for a common singleplayer game, less so a MMO that requires constant updates/server payments and dev support. That answer is trash. 

no not at all. We all bought the game. What I'm saying is, players with tons of money shouldn't be able to buy advantages over players who don't spend money. If the costumes and outfits only provided cosmetic appeal, people wouldn't complain. It's the combination of the costumes and outfits providing an advantage in the game and the high prices that causes the issue. People don't want to feel like they are constantly being kept down or left behind because they don't buy a costume or outfit that gives them boosts. It's unfair for the people that think they are buying a game that focuses on hard work and time and be surrounded by people that just buy an advantage. 

The common complaint is that 'I want to look different, giff me da CS costumes FO FREE PLIX''. 10% exp, you really going to complain about that? I'll agree the tree suit is stupid, I dont want to be forced to look like an idiot just to get the no name advantage, but the rest, really? You going to complain about a 10% exp increase? And of course, someone gave them money - its not statistical, its vanity. The person who cant pay for it can usually nolife, so they will make up that 10% and more than the person who can afford it.

Posted

I think it'd be cool to see variants of the costumes, underwear, jewelry, ect with no type of bonus at all. Just the cosmetics and that's it, for a lower price. Id gladly buy those versions if they are much less than the current prices.

Posted

What?  That's insane, why would they cut their current and future profits by 66% to appease the extremely vocal forum minority?  I have no problem with the prices because I know my purchases support this game.  

If you don't want to pay, fine, but stop acting like it's 'bad business practice' just because you can't get what you want.  I'm so damn tired of random people saying they know how to run this game better when they're really just being indignant and greedy.  For some crazy reason, I bet they have zero experience in the industry..

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol $30 isnt enough even for a common singleplayer game, less so a MMO that requires constant updates/server payments and dev support. That answer is trash. 

The common complaint is that 'I want to look different, giff me da CS costumes FO FREE PLIX''. 10% exp, you really going to complain about that? I'll agree the tree suit is stupid, I dont want to be forced to look like an idiot just to get the no name advantage, but the rest, really? You going to complain about a 10% exp increase? And of course, someone gave them money - its not statistical, its vanity. The person who cant pay for it can usually nolife, so they will make up that 10% and more than the person who can afford it.

They chose to price it 30€, i payed 50€ for the preorder package to be precise, why wouldnt that be enough for a game ?! 

Posted

What?  That's insane, why would they cut their current and future profits by 66% to appease the extremely vocal forum minority?  I have no problem with the prices because I know my purchases support this game.  

If you don't want to pay, fine, but stop acting like it's 'bad business practice' just because you can't get what you want.  I'm so damn tired of random people saying they know how to run this game better when they're really just being indignant and greedy.  For some crazy reason, I bet they have zero experience in the industry..

You know, its this sort of mentality that really does allow Corporate America to run rough-shod over working class individuals in America and has been allowing it for the past twenty five years or so.  I can't speak for people in Europe, but it pains me every time I see stuff like this being spouted.  Of course corporations don't want to hurt their profits, but it does not mean people should tolerate that behavior.  If people get uppity and the corporations want to take their business over seas and use cheap labor, tax the hell out of their imports, don't accept corporate greed and be ok with it.  If this new alternative means they will wind up making less money they will always go with what makes them more money.  In Daum's case don't support their overpriced goods which don't align to their competition in the market.  If enough people don't buy then they WILL change because their bottom dollar is being hit and ultimately they will always shoot for what makes them the most money.  If, people buy at stupid prices they will keep selling at them. 

Corporate greed is one of the most predictable behaviors out there, its how a corporation lives, its like breathing for a human being, they will make every effort to do it.

Posted

-snipped-

You're not wrong, but I'm not sure why you brought up exporting US manufacturing jobs because that has pretty much nothing to do with this.  There isn't actual manufacturing or shipping of a physical product with this game.  Plus there's no exporting of US jobs here, PA is a Korean developer and Daum is European.  Daum isn't even the creator of the goods.  There's also a developer-publisher relationship that you've totally overlooked.  It seems to me like you just want cheaper cash shop prices and you're trying to justify it with anything you can come up with.  Yeah corporate greed is ruining America and exporting jobs overseas, but that's irrelevant to the issue at hand.  If you think the prices are too high for you, don't buy.  It's that simple.  People who can afford it or want to actually support this game will pay happily for a product they want.

Posted

You're not wrong, but I'm not sure why you brought up exporting US manufacturing jobs because that has pretty much nothing to do with this.  There isn't actual manufacturing or shipping of a physical product with this game.  Plus there's no exporting of US jobs here, PA is a Korean developer and Daum is European.  Daum isn't even the creator of the goods.  There's also a developer-publisher relationship that you've totally overlooked.  It seems to me like you just want cheaper cash shop prices and you're trying to justify it with anything you can come up with.  Yeah corporate greed is ruining America and exporting jobs overseas, but that's irrelevant to the issue at hand.  If you think the prices are too high for you, don't buy.  It's that simple.  People who can afford it or want to actually support this game will pay happily for a product they want.

It was a rant brought on by your comment thats why I went off on my tyrade :P  You are correct exporting jobs has nothing to do with BDO or Daum.  Developer/Publisher relationship means nothing we aren't dealing with the developer and the developer has little say in that sort of relationship.  Daum being Korean also matters not all corporations (barring a few exceptions of course) follow the same method so predicting their actions and countering them is simple enough regardless of where they hail from.  That being said, supporting greed is NOT what we should do.  Do I want the prices cheaper?  Yes I will admit to that.

The fact remains their prices are not competitive with their given market, thus their model can only be maintained as long as people lick their boots.  Its a glass house structure.  It doesn't take a lot of work to look at the competition and see these prices are wrong.  IF you want to support them, and as you like the game I'm guessing that is understandable, buy during a good sale.  The OP threw out the number of 66% off I believe.  Show your support in droves if they offer a sale like they then dry up like a desert.  After a few sales fall under their belt and they see the revenue at the modified prices they will change their tune.  Buying high means prices stay high, buying low means prices drop, the actual in game market shows that plain as day.

Posted (edited)

Even as a "whale" who has spent far more than your average player (—of that I am certain without needing to disclose the amount), I too would reckon that I would have been spending even more if the prices had been slashed by about a half to a third for the outfits and costumes (I personally think it would be fair enough and more appealing to charge €15 for the Outfit + Weapon skins, €10 for the Outfit alone, as well as the Costumes and €7 for the weapons on their own, with obviously the individual pieces being sold so that it totals slightly more than the bundled options).

As it stands, I have bought the two outfits and costumes for my Tamer main, and I did buy the Bern outfit for the Warrior alt, but besides that, I haven't really bought anything for the other characters, even though I would if the prices weren't as high as they are. That means instead of them getting €132 out of me on outfits/costumes for mainly my Tamer (the two outfits on offer and the Treant costume were slightly discounted during release week, which is why I bought all three, and I bought the Splat costume for my Tamer and the Bern outfit for my Warrior afterwards), they would have gotten, let's say €50 on the Tamer (€15x2 for Outfits w/ Weapon skins + €10x2 for Costumes), and additionally another €50 on the Warrior, I would probably be more inclined to spend that same amount on my Sorceress, and likely on every character I would make in the future—which is so far limited to 4, as I don't really want to buy character slots when I feel the customization is limited without dipping money into the Pearl Shop, and how I am not really interested in buying outfits at their current prices for my alts (—the Warrior was an exception, as I am a huge Dark Souls fan, and the Bern outfit looks like the Elite Knight set). The potential revenue they could be seeing from just me being interested in investing with four characters, is already at that point €200, compared to the €132 they already got as-is. I would also be likely further tempted to spend money on future releases, because I am not thinking about how expensive it is and more likely to just spend because I can, without thinking too much about it. Then you can factor in me being more interested in character slots to have even more alts, spending another x amount on Euro on those, and so on forth. I am pretty certain they would earn far more money from me, as a whale, if prices were slashed. This is not even considering the accessory "skins" and so on forth (which is currently priced fine as-is I guess). And then you have the non-whales, those who would actually be more inclined to dip their toes into the Pearl Shop, who otherwise will never do so with the prices as they are.

The management in KR don't seem to understand that quantity will bring them potentially just as much-, if not more revenue, when compared to "quality" in terms of the money coming in per item sold. There's also the factor where a player is suddenly more invested in a MMORPG once they have spent real money on it (beyond the price of entry), and with a lower entry point to the cash shop goods, you are likely to see far more players step into the Pearl Shop and buy something. Once they've taken that first step, it is also likely that they are more inclined to spend more money in the Pearl Shop in the future. It also makes players overall a bit more happy, and happy players are more likely to stick around and return should they burn out. If the players aren't there, the whales will start to go elsewhere too. Nobody wants to play a "ghost town" MMO.

So yes, a good idea would be to slash the prices down, and to refund the difference IN PEARLS to those who have spent money thus far in the Pearl Shop. They already got a price of entry anyways, something they don't have in KR, so they could see it as if every person that starts to play BDO, has bought something in their Pearl Shop from the very get-go.

On a semi-unrelated note; They really should look into working on the weekly maintenance duration too. If some of their competition (or is it just one?) can manage to never have maintenance that results in server downtime, they should be able to figure out how to rotate their servers too (e.g., one batch is having maintenance done while another batch of servers are live, take down the live servers at x time, bring fresh servers live, players can connect again with minimal downtime). The less downtime, the less frustration players face, and the more time spent in the game, the more chances of them actually spending real money.

Edited by Absconditus
Cleaned up the text, a tiny bit, I think.. maybe?

Posted

They chose to price it 30€, i payed 50€ for the preorder package to be precise, why wouldnt that be enough for a game ?! 

You are getting the game, all the non vanity content to be exact. Does WoW give you everything for free?

Posted (edited)

You are getting the game, all the non vanity content to be exact. Does WoW give you everything for free?

Back when WoW wasn't something you needed to be ashamed of or embarrassed to admit to playing to the MMO community it did. (included in the sub I should say as the game required it.)

Edited by Rellion

Posted

Im realy surprise how everyone is jumping on the stole credit cards theory and no one considar posiblle exploit/hack. I dont have any insade info but here is what i know.

I saw soon after the release gold sellers Pearl spam so was rly wondering how? Hack Accounts? Exploit? Credit Carts? So i open one of the big gold selling sites and i saw 2 seller offering very cheap pearls. Mmmkay the next week i open it again and i saw 7-8sellers offering very cheap Pealrs and coz they where selling shit loads of them like they have Unlimited Supply i belive is safe to say its cnt be from stolen BDO accounts.

Today i check again and i saw 0 sellers so i have feeling it may have been exploit and may have been already Fix :D

and yea i know the spam is still going on but this may be some left over bots or scammers. l`ll never open some random site spammed by a in game bot.

Something like this happen in ArcheAge too there was Apex(pearls) dupe and some ppl made alot of cash of it till it become public and they fix it.

So yea i kinda doubt is credit cards but if it is... no words.

Anyway in any case will be great if Daum adress this in the next Q&A

Posted

Back when WoW wasn't something you needed to be ashamed of or embarrassed to admit to playing to the MMO community it did. (included in the sub I should say as the game required it.)

Thats my point, it had a sub. You didnt pay once and get everything. To even get the non-vanity side of the game you HAD to give them $15 a month.

Posted

Thats my point, it had a sub. You didnt pay once and get everything. To even get the non-vanity side of the game you HAD to give them $15 a month.

Ahh ok then, point conceded.

1 person likes this

Posted

If the items in the Cash Shop were 1/3rd the cost I would buy them. Alternatively if the cash-shop items were not class-bound I would purchase them at the current price. As it currently is I am waiting to see what changes Daum makes to the game prior to dropping anymore dosh on the game.

Posted

Im realy surprise how everyone is jumping on the stole credit cards theory and no one considar posiblle exploit/hack. I dont have any insade info but here is what i know.

I saw soon after the release gold sellers Pearl spam so was rly wondering how? Hack Accounts? Exploit? Credit Carts? So i open one of the big gold selling sites and i saw 2 seller offering very cheap pearls. Mmmkay the next week i open it again and i saw 7-8sellers offering very cheap Pealrs and coz they where selling shit loads of them like they have Unlimited Supply i belive is safe to say its cnt be from stolen BDO accounts.

Today i check again and i saw 0 sellers so i have feeling it may have been exploit and may have been already Fix :D

and yea i know the spam is still going on but this may be some left over bots or scammers. l`ll never open some random site spammed by a in game bot.

Something like this happen in ArcheAge too there was Apex(pearls) dupe and some ppl made alot of cash of it till it become public and they fix it.

So yea i kinda doubt is credit cards but if it is... no words.

Anyway in any case will be great if Daum adress this in the next Q&A

I actually figured they gained Daum cash elsewhere.  I know you can wrack up Nexon cash doing surveys and a bunch of things.  If you had a server farm running a hundred machines, each taking a hundred surveys at once you can get ALOT of nexon cash all free.  Im not familiar with Daum in korea so I had assumed they used the same Daum currency and as gold sellers arent illegal there there is likely ways to get it in small amounts free.