• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sorceress to strong!!!!!!

195 posts in this topic

Posted

For god sake do something about the balance change in PvP. Sorceress destroy everything thats called PvP in this game. Im afraid that the majority of PvPers will ragequit out of this game if the blinking stupidityness keeps on.. Sorceress that cant jump without cooldowns for ever is just to dumb. They can blink inn, do a shit ton of damage and be invulnerable to damage. When sorceress jump into a 1v5 without worrying about getting stunned. Simply just jump dodge everything. ----- this, please. Do something about sorceress. A mouseclicking sorceress can whipe a 5man group without hessitation. GG super fu n!

12 people like this

Posted

Do we play the same game?

7 people like this

Posted

This is a GvG game, not a pvp game.

Posted

Yeah, they are insanely overpowered in small scale PvP, but the focus of the game isn't really small scale PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted

a good sorc is a nightmare to deal with.  they dictate the pace and the fight at all times.  we have sorcs in our guild that have taken groups of 5 out alone.  

it only changes when the numbers start to go up.

Posted

There is a reason no competent developer lets the bottom 99% make balancing decisions.

3 people like this

Posted

Stupid trolling like this should get you banned.

stats you don't like = trolling

Posted

Can you hear it? That echoe in the distance? The sound of git geared and git gut?

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

The class is definitely overpowered. Many sorceresses I've met are capable of killing other players with only a few skills, and they can teleport their way out of anything, including grapples. Not to mention that there's a skill that can instantly break through shields. 

The class is broken..

Edited by Catgrill
5 people like this

Posted

level 50 sorc here who pvps daily. get defeated regularly by fellow warriors valks tamers.

you need to find a sorc friend and practice practically.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Depends completely on the sorc. Most of them are awful and not much of a threat, but the class has pretty insane small scale potential. The best high level sorcs have no problems going 1v4 against opponents a level or 2 below them.
Is that unfair? Not necessarily, it's just what the class excels at and it rewards skill quite a bit. I doubt you've even encountered any of the truly skilled sorcs yet so just wait.

When you meet the current lvl 54-55 sorcs with 140 AP and the skill and experience to utilize their class you'll know. :D
They're not unbeatable though like some people seem to think. And they're awful at large scale GvG. 

Edited by AngelofAwe
4 people like this

Posted

Do you have 1.5 sec reaction time or how you can you lose against tamer? If you are even average sorc you never lose fight against other classes no matter how good enemy is of how good gear he have.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've yet to lose against a sorc as a level 53 ranger, 99AP/109DP. They can't even escape a ranger if said ranger knows how to unlock the camera, turn to the side, and Q-cancel chase.

Get better. That's really all there is to it.

Posted

As of right now, nearly 81% of players disagree with you and feel that Sorceress is fair.

If you disagree, feel free to vote in the poll

Are you really trying to say a poll that has 40 people participating really represents the player base?

I mean I don't care about sorcs, but lol...that's too funny.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you really trying to say a poll that has 40 people participating really represents the player base?

I mean I don't care about sorcs, but lol...that's too funny.

Far more representative of the playerbase than this not-even-1-page thread of big whining from like 5 noobs

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Far more representative of the playerbase than this not-even-1-page thread of big whining from like 5 noobs

Say's the man with the not-even-1-page thread with 6-posts-less of someone writing an entire essay about Sorc, not to mention being level 23!? Damn guys, pro opinion, honestly could not have expected this high level of intelligence from someone who barely even played the game-- but wait. I'm wrong. He must know nothing, for this is Isaac_Newbton for a reason! No, that couldn't be it. He must know everything, merely for the fact that he is the Einstein of noobs; the mob leader of plebs; by the gods, I'd even say he is the pro level 23 that could kill someone with his mlg pro skills!! We all must worship him, merely for the hard pressed truth that is 81% of 40 people that voted on his poll, therefore representing the player base, which only represents around 5 - 10% of the player base-- Nay, I'd wager less!

Really tho, in the long run, your poll is irrelephant, and Sorc is prob an OK class that is probably pretty powerful with most people over exaggerating it's strengths and completely ignoring it's weaknesses. THEN AGAIN, I HAVE FOUGHT EVERY CLASS BUT SORC, SO MAYBE THAT OPINION MIGHT CHANGE.

Edited by Insolis

Posted (edited)

Wow, I actually thought it was some stupid trolling post but you are actually serious. Both options for that poll are the same thing rofl. I can't believe people are actually this dumb.

Edited by Velsed

Posted

Yeah, they are insanely overpowered in small scale PvP, but the focus of the game isn't really small scale PvP.

There's no large scale PvP or GvG content in the game though. Most PvP fights are grindspot drama and solo&small scale, open world pissing contests. While majority of players still have this mindset that 1v1 matters the very most lol. So sorcerer heaven pretty much. I kinda get why players enrage and get confused about BDO class balance. The thing their class is good at or it's main purpose in PvP, is yet to be seen.

I'm guessing sorc is way less easy-mode in larger battles, trying to go behind enemy zerg lines to pick of hard-hitting rangers and wizard. Than they likely need infinite warping around, evasion and high burst, to not be useless.

Posted

Sorc is still easy in bigger scale combat, you can still abuse iframes just as much. Sure if you run straight at a group of 10 AOEing wizards you are going to get pwned but so will anyone else. 

Posted (edited)

A good sorceress will make a bad player's situation feel hopeless because that's just how they present themselves. They seem like an overwhelming, unstoppable force of nature until you figure them out. The problem people have with sorceress is that it's unprecedented. They don't have a class from other MMOs to reference by way of muscle memory. Valkyrie has paladin, warrior is every sword and class, ranger is common too, as is zerker. Tamer's rare but not unheard of (white lions from WAR and spirit master from Aion are fairly close). Mesmers in Guild Wars 2 presented the same problem as well. Nobody had fought a class that fought using clones of themselves like that. People cried rivers but eventually they put on their big boy pants and figured them out.

Here's what you need to do OP. When you're fighting a sorceress keep pressure up on them. Chug potions like you would with anyone else but don't let them stay unharrassed at a distance. They absolutely need their stamina to keep porting around. Make them waste it! Once they can't teleport around they're done for. Also CC of any kind helps. Sorceresses are mobile and hit like the end of days but they're made of glass. If you can corner them it's over.

TLDR: Sorc is new, different, and scary. I get that. Stop whining, start learning.

Edited by Nexxa
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Uh no the problem with sorc is all the iframes coupled with the desync. It has nothing to do with wow or gw2 or anything else.

Your suggestions are meaningless nonsense. Why would you ever not "keep pressure on" an opponent? Why would you let ANY class stay "unharrassed at a distance?" Is CC ever NOT good against any class? 

The ironic thing is a "good sorceress" will never get in a position where she runs out of stamina unless maybe playing a ranger. Otherwise you can always just port out to range and run off while your stamina regenerates. No other class has any real chance of catching you. Only a bad sorc will run her stamina down to zero that way. 

Edited by yukishiro1

Posted (edited)

You didn't read a thing I said, did you? Keep being a bad player and screaming into the breeze, then. You're clearly against getting better so you're going to keep getting your ass handed to you time and time again. You've got all these people telling you that it's on your end but your pride won't let you acknowledge it. Clearly it has to be the class and the world is wrong. You're definetely not a bad player, heavens no!

But I'm rambling again, aren't I? Here... have a snack.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Nexxa
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's rather ironic you accused me of not reading what I said when I quoted everything you said, and you misquoted what you claimed I said. Nobody said you were rambling; the words I used was meaningless nonsense. Which it was. None of your "advice" had anything to do with fighting a sorc in particular.

You will never kill anyone in this game if you don't keep up pressure. That is what potion spam does to a game. Anyone with a brain knows that, and nobody who is marginally competent will let another player have any time to just sit there letting stamina regen and pot cooldown tick down.

The difference, and what makes your comments so ironic, is that the sorc is one of the few classes you CANNOT effectively pressure unless the sorc player is just terrible. That's the beauty of the port. It not only gives you an iframe, it also gives you the ability to pick your fights because you can always just disengage from any fight unless you're terrible (or unless you're fighting a ranger who knows how to use the camera disable effectively with q-cancel). Your advice is not only laughably obvious and general, the sorc is the one class it really doesn't work on. Congratulations on being as wrong as is humanly possible I guess. 

P.S. I play a sorc. I'm just not completely irrational. The amount of iframes on the class is insane, and there is nothing skillful about iframes. In fact iframes are pretty much the opposite of skillful. 

Edited by yukishiro1
1 person likes this