• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT1 Feedback from an Experienced Player

53 posts in this topic

Posted

As much as I want Daum to do good with this game, this CBT just showed me that they wanted to let a couple hundred people take screenshots and play dress up in velia.

4 people like this

Posted

Amazing post. I feel the same way, but I lost interest in the CBT1 only a few days in (been playing KR for about 7 months), and have only touched fishing since I found out the leveling was "broken." So it's really nice to see someone who wanted to feel the CBT1 for all it had to offer and gave this much feedback. 

I'm a relaxed player, and I want to play for the fun of the game. The current leveling system really disappoints me, but I'm glad it was briefly mentioned in the Notice of CBT1 that they're looking into it. I hope the level-30 PvP was merely for testing purposes to make it more available to players within the short time frame of a week, but if it stays accessible at level-30, I'm more than likely going to only focus on the horses and gardening if I decide to play at all with level-30 PvP.

All in all, amazing post, and I'm glad to see so much feedback! I wholeheartedly agree with everything you mentioned, and I hope this can help refine the release of the game to be at its greatest potential!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I like this post! Another! (Thor)

just a few things though, Your lantern was probably bugged, Mine worked fine every time.

You didn't touch on the vigor system, which is Okay if you had no opinion, but I have something to say on it. To stop the Item market from being filled with Items, they made everything cost vigor. I believe whole heartedly that at the most, the finished products only should cost vigor, not all the intermediate steps. It makes getting equipment and supplies nearly tedious. To combat the flow of gear in KR, they changed the materials needed for tools, weapons, armors, and a couple other things to make them harder to make. With everything costing vigor now, It is not possible to make the gear until you have reached Calpheon for the most part. This solidifies the idea that the game doesn't start until Level 50. 

The Exp gain was really a pain. I kept out questing my level and ended up attempting to grind for a couple levels to catch up in order to actually kill the mobs for the next quests. I will say that it is true, the Kr version levels to quick and you end up over leveled for the quests you are on, but they over adjusted this CBT1. With the influx of people in the better grinding areas and everywhere else, it was an arduous task to say the least trying to make up those levels.

One last thing... Loken... Holy Carp... Captcha, is a definite necessity. He even stated that he "snipped" them off the market.

With that +1 mate

~Daes

Edited by Daes
typo
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I like this post! Another! (Thor)

just a few things though, Your lantern was probably bugged, Mine worked fine every time.

You didn't touch on the vigor system, which is Okay if you had no opinion, but I have something to say on it. To stop the Item market from being filled with Items, they made everything cost vigor. I believe whole heatedly that at the most, the finished products only should cost vigor, not all the intermediate steps. It makes getting equipment and supplies nearly tedious. To combat the flow of gear in KR, they changed the materials needed for tools, weapons, armors, and a couple other things to make them harder to make. With everything costing vigor now, It is not possible to make the gear until you have reached Calpheon for the most part. This solidifies the idea that the game doesn't start until Level 50. 

The Exp gain was really a pain. I kept out questing my level and ended up attempting to grind for a couple levels to catch up in order to actually kill the mobs for the next quests. I will say that it is true, the Kr version levels to quick and you end up over leveled for the quests you are on, but they over adjusted this CBT1. With the influx of people in the better grinding areas and everywhere else, it was an arduous task to say the least trying to make up those levels.

One last thing... Loken... Holy Carp... Captcha, is a definite necessity. He even stated that he "snipped" them off the market.

With that +1 mate

~Daes

Thanks for replying and good to hear the lantern is just a bug.

I may add something about vigor but i didn't mention it because of the amazing thread already up on vigor/energy.

Amazing post. I feel the same way, but I lost interest in the CBT1 only a few days in (been playing KR for about 7 months), and have only touched fishing since I found out the leveling was "broken." So it's really nice to see someone who wanted to feel the CBT1 for all it had to offer and gave this much feedback. 

I'm a relaxed player, and I want to play for the fun of the game. The current leveling system really disappoints me, but I'm glad it was briefly mentioned in the Notice of CBT1 that they're looking into it. I hope the level-30 PvP was merely for testing purposes to make it more available to players within the short time frame of a week, but if it stays accessible at level-30, I'm more than likely going to only focus on the horses and gardening if I decide to play at all with level-30 PvP.

All in all, amazing post, and I'm glad to see so much feedback! I wholeheartedly agree with everything you mentioned, and I hope this can help refine the release of the game to be at its greatest potential!

Glad you feel the same way, hopefully things go well and Daum reads this :)

Edited by Xlore
1 person likes this

Posted

I really can't give enough likes to show how much I agree with this post.

2 people like this

Posted

Great feedback. Although we disagree on some of the economic points, the PvP/gear talking points are spot on. I hope the devs read into OP to reinforce what many of us have already been saying.

We *want* BD to not just succeed, but to grow after launch - where so many MMOs slowly die out.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lol , wizard is strong ? strong in what ? i almost got cancer reading this poo poo . I played Jap en RUS version. Look what happened in JAP. Tamer and Wiz become usless in PvP.
 Not even average in PvE. The only hope is in that awakening weapons, but hey! all classes gonna get nerfed anyways, but time only tell when. I dont even bother to read the rest...

This game an E-sport ...hahaha

Edited by Olympia

Posted (edited)

lol , wizard is strong ? strong in what ? i almost got cancer reading this poo poo . I played Jap en RUS version. Look what happened in JAP. Tamer and Wiz become usless in PvP.
 Not even average in PvE. The only hope is in that awakening weapons, but hey! all classes gonna get nerfed anyways, but time only tell when. I dont even bother to read the rest...

He didn't say wizard is overpowered, he made a point that the Wizard's counter being absent from the game gives the general impression that they're powerful - to which the reality being is that they aern't god-classes like many think they are currently. He also offers solutions (aka being constructive, to which you're not). He made a lot of other really good points completely on different subjects. Why bother posting if you're going to be so naive? Much of what he and others have to say need to be repeated to the devs, especially when it comes from sources who actually know what they're talking about.

We get one shot to help make this NA version of the game right.

Edited by Freelancer

Posted

He didn't say wizard is overpowered, he made a point that the Wizard's counter being absent from the game gives the general impression that they're powerful - to which the reality being is that they aern't god-classes like many think they are currently. He also offers solutions (aka being constructive, to which you're not). He made a lot of other really good points completely on different subjects. Why bother posting if you're going to be so naive? Much of what he and others have to say need to be repeated to the devs, especially when it comes from sources who actually know what they're talking about.

We get one shot to help make this NA version of the game right.

He also points out that the issue is at the low levels and not at the high levels.

2 people like this

Posted

He also points out that the issue is at the low levels and not at the high levels.

Right. I got to 50 in CBT1 w/ Wizard, I think he did also. He plays KR as well.

Us "wizards" know very well the "magic" stops right around 45+ and things start getting balanced. I am grinding ogres this very moment and I wish I was playing a Sorc :P

Posted

I actually like what was mentioned, I'm new to BDO and this explains a lot to me. This invalidates a few posts from my thread. Thank your for posting and hope others read through this too!

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom
2 people like this

Posted

1. In darker nights mob health bars should light up as you get closer to them. It is really hard to see mobs sometimes and grouping them up is annoying when you can only see them by directly looking at them.

All pretty spot on to what a lot of us KR players think... tho with darker night they cant really do anything about it without making day time look funny and its because of the poor implementation they done for it.

If you want playable nights and not pitch black screen while trying to play :

Posted

I agree to this. I work a 10-8 job and been getting on as much as I can. To this day I only made it to lvl 26. If this exp rate and low drop rate continues, People like me will not be as relevant in higher end pvp content what so ever. Back in korea I can get as much done as little in 2 hours than a 8 hour grind to gain another lvl. This cbt is almost losing my interest if the rates stay the same. I and other hard working class people can not keep up to be relevant in pvp.

1 person likes this

Posted

From my point of view (wich is worth that much :) )the all point of darker night is to make it ... dark; as dark as i really need some extra light to see something, if not where is the all point to lanterns ?

i got myself lost into red orc territory yesterday while i was out of my level range, the big orcs were violet, just when my lantern decided to die and a storm arrived, i never felt so lost alone and in danger in a mmo before, that was really stressfull and lots of fun; practical ? not at all but maybe that's the point, when night fall either be ready with lot of light or find other things to do?

i even found that the fog during the storm was backfirering on the dark effect because it was "producing light".

Posted

Hello, my name is Xlore and I am a year long player of Black Desert Online and the guild leader of Gatekeeper. I have been waiting for this game for several years alongside many others and while it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting I grew to love a game that has a lot of potential.

This potential is why I am going to give all the feedback I have gathered on CBT1 with as much detail and explanation as I can give.

Before I begin I would like to first say most of my knowledge, experience and comparisons for NA come from the Korean version. While some of you may say Korea is a different region and has nothing to do with NA. I want to make it clear that Daum NA/EU are the publishers of Black Desert, the developer Pearl Abyss is Korean and everything Daum gets is from Korea. Daum is the middle man between us and the developer and changes can only happen within the frame that Korea allows. So yes, changes can be “adjusted” for NA but nothing huge can be changed or added. For instance if you want instanced partied dungeons, Daum NA/EU cannot do this, Pearl Abyss has to add it into Korea and then the decision is made on when and if NA gets it. Not the other way around. So please do not make the excuse that Daum NA/EU can create it to solve a problem about the core of this game.

Leveling and keeping PvP at 50+:

Make leveling from 1-50 the same as Korea or slightly slower than Korea not CBT1 Exp.

There is no need for leveling to be as long as it currently is. Level 1-50 in this game is a tutorial. You do quests for story and contribution points, you can learn about the game and take in the world and then you grind mobs to practice your class. At 50 you have some knowledge about your class and enough skill points for combos and damaging skills of your class. This is when the real game begins and you can actually PvP and start guild wars with your guild or gear up and craft to become a better PvPer.

PvP should also be locked until you are level 50, the reason for this is because you are not ready to PvP below 50 because of the lack of damaging skills and the game is not balanced below 50.

Now immediately I’ve probably lost quite a few of you and now you’re angry that I don’t want you to PvP below 50. However, from the leaderboards on CBT1 the majority of you never made it past level 35 let alone 30. This means a lot of you are just upset that you couldn’t test PvP and want it at level 10 so you can try it. Everyone that has made it to 30 will tell you that PvP below 50 either ends in a wizard killing you or so much pot spamming that you just run around chasing each other without dying.

I’ll touch on wizard later but as for the second point, as much fun as it is to try and pummel an enemy out of your grinding spot your skills are too weak to be fighting and killing people when you are below 50.

The reason for this imbalance is because Korea was locked at level 50 for PvP. Balancing was only done in comparison to mobs below 50 not against each class.

Now here in the PM Diary, PM Belsazar states: “Additionally, Pearl Abyss is working on rebalancing the Warrior, Berserker, Ranger and Sorceress classes, to make them able to go head-to-head with new classes such as the Wizard, Tamer and all other upcoming classes.”

Now its unclear where this re-balancing is happening, whether its for CBT1 to test or if its for levels below 50. Either way wizard is still way stronger than all the other classes, the reason for this? Pearl Abyss made all classes after Warrior, Berserker, Ranger, and Sorceress stronger at lower levels to rush through 1-50 to catch up to the other classes. That is why Tamer and Wizard are the strongest classes pre 50 and that is also why pre-50 PvP does not matter.

You can argue that they need to balance lower levels and let you PvP below 50, but its a waste of time and resources. There is no reason to stay a lower level but to extend the amount of time you are playing until “end game”

Making people grind more at 1-50 to stop them from getting to 50 and grinding more makes no sense. Make the mobs harder to fight, but making the exp less than Korea, Japan, and Russia does nothing but give Tamers, Wizards/Witch, and Valkyries an advantage in leveling over the other 4 classes.

Class Balance:

I touched on this before but it needs to be explained more. Newer players that haven’t played other regions and even some people that have played other regions think wizard is broken. Yes, wizard is strong especially if you have only faced one at lower levels. Like I said before wizard was designed to be stronger at lower levels to grind faster to catch up to everyone else in Korea that was 55. Wizard released months after Korea started and 50 wasn’t the soft cap anymore. Wizard also had  two hard counters in PvP when it released, Valkyrie and Blader, both of which weren’t in this CBT or alpha.

As PM Belsazar has stated here Valkyrie seems to be perfectly fine and balanced  with everyone else. I don’t know if she’s been altered at all, but since wizard hasn’t been altered I doubt it. If she hasn’t been altered and won’t be altered at CBT2 or launch, just like wizard hasn’t. Valkyrie is not balanced, but she is blessed by the gods :)

Valkyrie can go to purple mob grinding spots and 2-3 shot mobs at lower levels. For newer people that means she can go to grinding spots 5-6 levels higher than her and quickly grind the mobs there. No other class can do that as easy.

Now not only does she have an unfair advantage early on against mobs, this damage output makes her extremely strong against all other classes early on in PvP. All of this is low level grinding, and PvP at 50+ with gear evens things out and Valkyrie only really counters Wizard and Ranger; Warriors even start to counter Valkyries.

However, because of the grind and already seeing the cries about Wizard PvP before level 50 and +15 gear PvP, Valkyrie is going to be complained about even more leading to unfair nerfs to Wizard and Valkyrie.

My whole point with this section is to say that the CBT and Alpha so far has only tested low level play and there does not need to be balances for these sections. No one should be at these levels so long that resources should be sent to adjust the PvP at those levels. The game needs to be tested at high level and the current Exp gain is blocking people from trying out the game at the level it is meant to be played at.

The classes are meant to be imbalanced pre-50 because no one needs to be below 50 to PvP they only need to be below 50 to experience the game for the first time. (I even think this game could start you at level 50 and then just have you do quests to learn the systems and gain contribution and energy as you follow the main story quest)

There are other issues at 50+ that need to be addressed but can’t because we can’t even test it. Tamer is a useless class because its pet dies too easily, but no one notices that pre-50. Wizard gets shut down by counter classes at +15 gear but everyone is calling for nerfs because of level 30 PvP. and sorceress is one of the strongest combo/damage classes in the game but no one will ever know because they don’t have time to learn or even earn the skills that are needed for that class at 50 because the beta is too short.

CBT1 was disappointing class balance wise as there was never an opportunity to test it and the majority of the community never even made it to 30 in CBT1.

Vigor/Energy use:

This is already an amazing thread on the issue with the vigor/energy system but I figured I would mention it again. Go to this thread if you want to find out everything wrong with adding it to crafting professions.

Economy:

The biggest issue with the economy right now is that prices are determined. If this was Korea last year this wouldn’t be as big of an issue. The reason it is an issue with NA is because NA is using the current Korean auction house prices and not Korea’s starting auction house prices. Blackstones were less than 100k and weapons and armor were not selling for more than 50k at launch. All of the prices right now on NA reflect the many price hikes and adjustments Korea has done to the items on the auction house over the course of a year.

The issue with this is that the people that get ahead of everyone else will stay ahead of everyone else. They will be able to sell everything for tons of money that they shouldn’t be getting yet. On top of that money they are also turning in items from monsters that give them more money, something that wasn’t there at Korea start.

It took a week or more before people started having 5 million or more silver. I had that same amount 4 days into CBT1.

The most concerning thing about all of this is Loken, got +15 in 3 days. On Korea it was weeks before anyone had +15. Part of this was because there were no fail stacks in the beginning of Korea, but there is clearly an issue with starting this game using the current version of Korean BDO.

The only good ways of fixing this issue to an extent is:

• Adjusting the price of all accessories, weapons, armor and blackstones.

• Reverting all mob drop loot items from silver turn-ins back to armor/weapon turn ins.

• Putting up a macro captcha on the auction house.

• Readjusting the RNG on weapon and armor to +15. After +16 to 20 enchantments came out and new armor and weapons replaced the old ones, the older ones were easier to enchant from safe enchant to +15. The reason for this was because people would use these cheaper sets to gain fail stacks for higher tier armor. This updated system is still being used for CBT BDO and if its left the way it is for launch will be a very poor mistake.

• Do not allow trading. This is not only important for real world money trading, but for anyone that will get a huge advantage in this game. If you allow trading entire servers will be ruined and are planned to be ruined if you allow trading.

Unless the points above are done, everyone that has played another region of BDO before will have an extremely high advantage over all other players that will never be caught. Making those adjustments will at least slow the advantage.

General feedback and suggestions:

1. Parties: Parties should not reduce exp, this is silly and just makes grinding take even longer and discourages working together which is what an MMO is supposed to do. Boss scrolls also do not give drops to every party member like Korea does, which further pushes away the working together mentality that Korea was trying to fix.

1. In darker nights mob health bars should light up as you get closer to them. It is really hard to see mobs sometimes and grouping them up is annoying when you can only see them by directly looking at them.

1. The servers really should be moved to Chicago or Texas for NA especially since Daum has shown interest in wanting this game to be an E-sport. I get 140 ping from the East coast and that is ridiculous I could just play on EU and get the same ping.

1. The volume options should be split up more between different sound effects if possible. You have to turn off all sound effects to disable pet noises.

2. If you have a lantern equipped and it turns night the light doesn’t come on unless you un-equip and re-equip. (This seems to be a bug I had)

3. Please nerf horse archers, that is some ridiculous stuff right there.

That’s all my feedback for now. I will have more if things change in CBT2. The biggest issue with NA/EU right now is scaling, Korea didn't have tier 5 horses in the wild it only had tier 1 and 2. NA has up to tier 5 just like Korea current Korea, not release Korea. Add on the auction house prices and the mob drops to increase loot and NA has all current scaled content from korea minus the new areas and level 60. NA needs to be scaled back to properly reflect being level 50. I really hope if Daum has genuinely shown interest in E-sports and wants balancing and game fixing feedback you will seriously look at what I’ve written above. I said it on the alpha forums, I know you want a good game but all of this focus on low level combat and PvE, Roleplaying feedback for this CBT is concerning.

I’m looking forward to seeing changes between now and CBT2 and hopefully high level PvP can be tested better in that closed beta.

Thanks for reading.

Good post xlore, I know this was hard being that you didn't graduate high school...but still well done.  No really, you brought up some really good topics.

1.  The energy system we have is very bad, it isnt' like this in KR...so they just need to change it back to the way it is in KR

2.  PVP prior to 50 going away...man, I know that had to be hard for you to type and as much as I hate it...like really bad, I think you may be right...ugh that caused shrinkage.  Now, if they do change pvp to 50, we absolutely have to make the grind to 50 easier, it's a must. I also agree that the last thing they need to do is change around classes prior to level 50.  They are for the most part fine post level 50.  Archers could use a nerf and tamers a buff...but other than that...don't start changing things.

3.  Not sure at this point they can change the server location, but I'd think common sense wise central would make more sense.  

4.  As far as parties and reduced xp...I partially agree with you.  Partying should not gimp your xp, but if they made it so partys were the same xp, then groups would be the only way to grind making it so solo players will feel left out.  I think they need to figure out a ratio that makes it so no matter how many are in your party, that the xp is all about the same.  

Good Post

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Right. I got to 50 in CBT1 w/ Wizard, I think he did also. He plays KR as well.

Us "wizards" know very well the "magic" stops right around 45+ and things start getting balanced. I am grinding ogres this very moment and I wish I was playing a Sorc :P

Grinding at 50+ is still really easy, definitely better than Sorc. At those levels you want to have your gear enchanted up a bit as that definitely makes it easier along with a good skill build. That really goes for every class after a certain point. But I can grind forever on my Witch in KR even if I'm half asleep not paying attention. I'd say Witch/Wizard are one of the best grinding classes. The only place Witch/Wizard really has it hard is in 1v1 PvP.

Good post and mentions a lot of things that need fixing that other posts have left out. +1!

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

Agree with this 1000%

Posted

After experiencing the leveling in CBT1 with a sorceress I agree that leveling needs to be sped up, maybe not to KR levels but somewhere close. I haven't played any of the other versions so all I know about the game are my CBT experiences and what I've been able to find out through extensive research, but what you're saying about class balance corroborates what I've been able to discover. I only made it to level 33 so I wasn't able to experience endgame, but even I felt that PvP was massively unbalanced at my level. Wizards and Tamers absolutely wrecked me and there wasn't even a major gear disparity. I'm not saying I want PvP to be restricted to 50, but with the way things are now (Not having Blader/Plum, and Valk not being in this CBT) it seems like it might be necessary. A lot of the classes simply aren't fleshed out enough for serious PvP at level 30 and so get wrecked by the Wizard and Tamer which are both scaled to catch up with the older classes, and it really shows. A decent Wizard can show up at a grind spot and completely take over and there isn't really much that can be done about it (Tried to kill one and got destroyed). Hopefully after this test Daum will see that the leveling needs to be sped up significantly. I agree with the points you've made +1.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good post xlore, I know this was hard being that you didn't graduate high school...but still well done.  No really, you brought up some really good topics.

1.  The energy system we have is very bad, it isnt' like this in KR...so they just need to change it back to the way it is in KR

2.  PVP prior to 50 going away...man, I know that had to be hard for you to type and as much as I hate it...like really bad, I think you may be right...ugh that caused shrinkage.  Now, if they do change pvp to 50, we absolutely have to make the grind to 50 easier, it's a must. I also agree that the last thing they need to do is change around classes prior to level 50.  They are for the most part fine post level 50.  Archers could use a nerf and tamers a buff...but other than that...don't start changing things.

3.  Not sure at this point they can change the server location, but I'd think common sense wise central would make more sense.  

4.  As far as parties and reduced xp...I partially agree with you.  Partying should not gimp your xp, but if they made it so partys were the same xp, then groups would be the only way to grind making it so solo players will feel left out.  I think they need to figure out a ratio that makes it so no matter how many are in your party, that the xp is all about the same.  

Good Post

I know you lost part of your soul agreeing with some of my points, and i appreciate that but if you diss my Ph.d in High school graduation again. I'll have you hunted down until you no longer log into BDO. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

I know you lost part of your soul agreeing with some of my points, and i appreciate that but if you diss my Ph.d in High school graduation again. I'll have you hunted down until you no longer log into BDO. ;)

Lol...fair enough...

Posted

@Xlore

Posted

Well that answers some questions, and the survey looks promising. Maybe @CM_Jouska has already looked at this post as well? :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Make leveling from 1-50 the same as Korea or slightly slower than Korea not CBT1 Exp.

There is no need for leveling to be as long as it currently is. Level 1-50 in this game is a tutorial. You do quests for story and contribution points, you can learn about the game and take in the world and then you grind mobs to practice your class. At 50 you have some knowledge about your class and enough skill points for combos and damaging skills of your class. This is when the real game begins and you can actually PvP and start guild wars with your guild or gear up and craft to become a better PvPer.

i like the slow leveling. if leveling is too fast up to 50 there is so much missed content to be enjoyed.