• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I would Subscribe to this MMO

I would Subscribe to this MMO   31 votes

1. 1. Could a subscription model work and would you pay it?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Would you?

Posted

I prefer buy once to play, simply because I can't afford a monthly subscription right now.

But when I think about it, P2P games always have the risk of going F2P because of player population decreasing, especially when it comes to grind games. And we all know what kind of people F2P brings into the game.

I just think the B2P way is better for everyone. There's no pressure if you want to take a break for a while, you know the game is always there to return to, no need to worry about paying/cancelling your sub. When I did play a P2P game, I had a few bad months financially and had to prioritise my money on important things, so I had to cancel my sub and miss out on playing my favourite game at the time. With BDO I don't have to worry about that. It's different for everyone though and there's pros and cons to both ways. Let's just hope it all works out. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Best option for now one is B2P game. People usually don't know what they will do for next month and if they buy a subscription they sometimes just waste a money.

There is so many other games and if they will pay for a subscription it will be something like that they will be forced to play this game. (I don't say that if they will not pay monthly sub they will not play, they can just play sometimes other games without remorse).

Guild Wars 2 is B2P game and it was successful :)

1 person likes this

Posted

B2P seems like the best model for this game, Not only will the paywall deter a lot of the more undesired types (Gold Sellers, Super young kids, etc.) but it also allows for players who can't really afford a monthly upkeep. This way you don't have to worry about needing to fork over cash every time you come back from a break or if your financial situation changes and you have to temporarily cancel a sub.

Posted

You can buy item in the cash shop and sell it to other player, do this mouthly and you gonna get a advantag all mounth like a sub.

Posted

Best option for now one is B2P game. People usually don't know what they will do for next month and if they buy a subscription they sometimes just waste a money.

There is so many other games and if they will pay for a subscription it will be something like that they will be forced to play this game. (I don't say that if they will not pay monthly sub they will not play, they can just play sometimes other games without remorse).

Guild Wars 2 is B2P game and it was successful :)

gw2 was b2p, they went f2p a month before the release of their expansion, heart of thorns (heart of thorns costs money though so its still b2p in that sense)

Posted

Jesuz no! no more subscriptions. This game is nice but it neeeeeeeeds a lot of work and content before it should think about that type of model. imo it ain't that good~

Posted

gw2 was b2p, they went f2p a month before the release of their expansion, heart of thorns (heart of thorns costs money though so its still b2p in that sense)

Yes, and it's work as a Trial now. With free account you get only core game with many restrictions... You can't even talk on global chat and put items in market. Less number of character's slots etc. Now they don't sell just a CORE game. They sell GW2 as a pack Core + DLC.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0