• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Remove the paywall for skill resets

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just remove it.

It reads like

"Only those with money are allowed to make mistakes"

or

"Only those with money are allowed to optimize their skill distribution"

Remove it from the paywall.

I agree that people should have to pay a big price for skill resets. Maybe 5-10 mill silver + 100-200 energy or whatever it takes to prevent people from constantly doing it.

However putting a complete reset behind a paywall is pure greed so just piss off.

Anyone who want's to argue "b-b-b-but there's loyalties" can stfu. I'm talking about the same item as the cash shop

Also don't you think asking nearly 10 euros for a simple reset is just a tad excessive you greedy pigs? We are not the eastern market here. 

Edited by Rykari
13 people like this

Posted (edited)

Why, you get free skill resets from the black spirit, hitting level 45, playing for X amount of hours, and there's a couple other achievement rewards.

Not only thatif you keep grinding or doing skill do dailies, you can gain enough points to "pretty much" max your skills out to the point where if you do reset you won't change much but a few if at all.

Edit : on top of that, if you do really wanna change your build you can level an alt toon of the same class in a different style and then delete the one you don't want.

No true gamer is ever limited by what they can't or don't want to buy, they just work for it or think intuitively.

Cash shop items are merely a convenience add-on to diminish the time required in play, for those that don't wanna wait, and help bring extra revenue for the company.

Edited by Andaro
2 people like this

Posted

Why, you get free skill resets from the black spirit, hitting level 45, playing for X amount of hours, and there's a couple other achievement rewards.

But what's the harm in letting people reset on the fly? That way people can try new things and do theorycrafting stuff. There is no reason to have anything in the way of skill resetting. 

Posted

wait...why isn't loyalties a reasonable answer to this? If it's the same item? I feel like I'm reading this wrong. 

Anyway, do agree the prices need to be lower. Maybe cut the price in half.

Posted

Amity Shop 250 = Partial skill reset ( X0.000 Silver)

Amity Shop 1000 amity = Full skill reset ( X00.000 Silver)

Since 1999 T4C MMO never seen a pay to reskill !

2 people like this

Posted

Not only thatif you keep grinding or doing skill do dailies, you can gain enough points to "pretty much" max your skills out to the point where if you do reset you won't change much but a few if at all.

Edit : on top of that, if you do really wanna change your build you can level an alt toon of the same class in a different style and then delete the one you don't want.

No true gamer is ever limited by what they can't or don't want to buy, they just work for it or think intuitively.

Cash shop items are merely a convenience add-on to diminish the time required in play, for those that don't wanna wait, and help bring extra revenue for the company.

One: You get one skill reset for only one character.

Two: The "b-b-b-but you can keep grinding" is just a retarded comment because YES you CAN do this but that's not the point. You're defending the need for putting this shit behind a paywall like some f2p tacky shit mmo that's got no intended life span.

That's what people don't like. People with money get to reset their skills with NO IN GAME CONSEQUENCE whilst those without cannot. Imho all the idiots whining about the ghillie suit yet not seeing this as an even bigger problem are lacking all sense.

Dude. Stop. Defending. This. Kind. Of. Practice! 

Just stop.

This is not ok.

I don't care if you don't care. If you don't care then don't talk.

Stop putting idiotic shit behind a paywall. End of discussion 

6 people like this

Posted

One: You get one skill reset for only one character.

Two: The "b-b-b-but you can keep grinding" is just a retarded comment because YES you CAN do this but that's not the point. You're defending the need for putting this shit behind a paywall like some f2p tacky shit mmo that's got no intended life span.

That's what people don't like. People with money get to reset their skills with NO IN GAME CONSEQUENCE whilst those without cannot. Imho all the idiots whining about the ghillie suit yet not seeing this as an even bigger problem are lacking all sense.

Dude. Stop. Defending. This. Kind. Of. Practice! 

Just stop.

This is not ok.

I don't care if you don't care. If you don't care then don't talk.

Stop putting idiotic shit behind a paywall. End of discussion 

If you didn't want there to be a discussion then don't post it on the forums. There's no paywall for skill resets. You can reset your skills with loyalty points, leveling up, or if you really want to you CAN pay. You don't have to though, no one is forcing you to. If you don't like how that aspect of the game is then don't play it, Most of the newer mmos like Bless Online, Blade and Soul and now Black Desert have you pay to do that. So calm down and do a bit of research before you jump down someone's throat for trying to help you.

2 people like this

Posted

I would be more supportive of removing the skill reset from cash shop. I like the finalization behind not being able to reset your skills.

Posted

No, partial skill resets are available on the loyalty store, that's enough to correct a mistake, otherwise poor planning is on you.

It's 400 loyalty points to remove a single skill, and 900 pearls for a full reset.  The point is you aren't supposed to respec every other day, you're supposed to make a choice, and stick with it.  If you made a mistake and need to get the skill points back for a crappy skill you never use, 400 loyalty points isn't that bad.  If you completely messed up and need to reset everything and already used your free reset after 45, then 900 pearls is really not that bad for something that is supposed to be rare occasion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum could care less. They're getting money regardless. 

Posted (edited)

IMO any game that puts up obstacles to keep you from changing skills at any point just hurts itself in the long run.  It's almost as bad as restricting a game to a class-based system where they can only use a single type of weapon or weapons.  Oh, wait...

It doesn't have to be easy, but it shouldn't be tedious, either.  Logging in 4 days for a single skill is tedious.  Even with the awakening skillsets, and as much as I like the combat in this game, being restricted like this hurts in the long run.

If you call it poor planning on the part of players, then I would hate to see what you call poor gameplay.  If you think it's fun to be restricted to one set of skills until you can be bothered to change it, then...  Well, I guess I just don't understand it.  I prefer the freedom to decide myself, not have a game tell me that what I've done can't be changed when it's so inconsequential in the end.

And if someone's bringing it up here on the forums, it's silly to tell them to go play another game.  They're posting here because they like the game and want to see it be even better.  Sometimes I think people argue with good suggestions just to argue.

Edited by Gorreci
1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with the OP. A paywall for a skill reset is bullshit. You should be able to get one with amity, or at least buy them from other players. 

Posted (edited)

Black desert has to make money somehow, and I don't see this is as a bad way to do it. This is not a subscription based game, and pay4skill resets are an extremely common thing in free2play games. Literally every korean online action or mmo game I can think of has them.

You can easily get around having to ever buy a skill reset by taking some time and planning your build.

The most improtant thing you must realize though is that Daum NEEDS to make money off of BDO. They aren't making money off of BDO because they are greeding money grubbing assholes, they are doing it because if they don't, they cannot afford to run the servers, god forbid they ever make a profit. Stop being entitled.

Edited by OtterDragon

Posted

Black desert has to make money somehow, and I don't see this is as a bad way to do it. This is not a subscription based game, and pay4skill resets are an extremely common thing in free2play games. Literally every korean online action or mmo game I can think of has them.

You can easily get around having to ever buy a skill reset by taking some time and planning your build.

The most improtant thing you must realize though is that Daum NEEDS to make money off of BDO. They aren't making money off of BDO because they are greeding money grubbing assholes, they are doing it because if they don't, they cannot afford to run the servers, god forbid they ever make a profit. Stop being entitled.

But this isn't a free2play game. That's the big deal. It's a f2p shop in a game we have to pay money to play when no other regions had to. 

Posted

I see no harm on having npcs to reset the skills, probably for some silver? It maybe a craftable item? GW2 goes perfectly fine with free resets, no need to have the paywall.

1 person likes this

Posted

But this isn't a free2play game. That's the big deal. It's a f2p shop in a game we have to pay money to play when no other regions had to. 

Do you know why we had to pay for the game when other regions did not?

Because other regions have a much larger cash shop, Filled with straight up Pay to win items. Daum had the sense to remove these for NA/EU, but as a result, their cash shop is much much smaller on launch.

Again, Daum is a company that is hosting an MMO with the intention to profit. Why would they intentionally host an MMO, without trying to profit from it. Stop. Being. Entitled.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

I see no harm on having npcs to reset the skills, probably for some silver? It maybe a craftable item? GW2 goes perfectly fine with free resets, no need to have the paywall.

I wish more games were like GW2, but you have to remember that GW2 is hosted by the same people that develop the game. Things are very different when a company (Daum) is hosting a game developed by someone else (Pearl Abyss)

Correct me if I'm wrong but, While daum has control over what is in the cash shop, and how they price it, they do not have the ability to make new items for the cash shop, so they are limited to what Pearl Abyss develops for the cash shop.

GW2 However does not have to deal with this, and they can make things that the community wants, or that they think will be popular with its audience.

Posted

I wish more games were like GW2, but you have to remember that GW2 is hosted by the same people that develop the game. Things are very different when a company (Daum) is hosting a game developed by someone else (Pearl Abyss)
Correct me if I'm wrong but, While daum has control over what is in the cash shop, and how they price it, they do not have the ability to make new items for the cash shop, so they are limited to what Pearl Abyss develops for the cash shop.

GW2 However does not have to deal with this, and they can make things that the community wants, or that they think will be popular with its audience.

That is most likely the case, yep.

Though nowadays with databases and stuff things tend to be easier, adding an Npc shop is most likely just adding a new entry in  a NPC database (At least private servers tend to emulate the server like so). So it's not that hard to add one Npc shop and remove the item from CS.

Now, if they have people able to do this in NA/EU, I have no idea. As far as I know, there are few employees exclusively for NA/EU. Though could be wrong, but seems all feedback is directed to KR all the time.

1 person likes this

Posted

so...either I am misunderstanding the game mechanics, or people that are asking for this do. It is not that hard to grind out combat skill points, which are independent of your class or character level if I'm not mistaken. ...the more you earn combat skill points (i.e. kill stuff), the more you can spend and adjust your character. I ran into this myself early on, regretting a couple spent points, but I just went out and farmed caves to get the needed skill points, and selected the skills I then wanted. ...all total, may an hour...maaaybe 2 hrs of extra gameplay grinding out the skill points I needed to enhance abilities.

This isn't like other games with a limited set number of skill points you can allocate, and need an entire respec if you "mess up".  ...again, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I just don't see the need to make an adjustment on this mechanic.

Posted (edited)

Do you know why we had to pay for the game when other regions did not?
Because other regions have a much larger cash shop, Filled with straight up Pay to win items. Daum had the sense to remove these for NA/EU, but as a result, their cash shop is much much smaller on launch.

Again, Daum is a company that is hosting an MMO with the intention to profit. Why would they intentionally host an MMO, without trying to profit from it. Stop. Being. Entitled.

That's no excuse for overpriced items and cashgrabbing. They said they wanted to optimize the game for Western audiences, well they didn't. Stop using entitled as an excuse. It makes you look like an idiotic fanboy that will defend literally any stupid thing Daum does. They could easily profit without costumes that cost as much as the game or rng dye or a new broken pet system or having skill resets when no other b2p does that. The sooner you stop ducking Daum's -----, the sooner you'll realize they're an awful company.

They aren paying you. You have no reason to defend them at every turn. I won't be replying because I know you'll spew more nonsense.

Edited by DarthAznable

Posted

If you've got more than 1 or 2 skills that are completely WRONG for your build that the Loyalty Partial resets won't fix, then you just didn't do your damned Research like you should have and you Deserve to have to start your character all over again.   It takes a couple days to re-hit 50 so who honestly cares??

Posted (edited)

If you've got more than 1 or 2 skills that are completely WRONG for your build that the Loyalty Partial resets won't fix, then you just didn't do your damned Research like you should have and you Deserve to have to start your character all over again.   It takes a couple days to re-hit 50 so who honestly cares??

If that's the case then the full skill reset should be removed from the cash shop.

Believe it or not I actually agree with you, (to a point), because I agree that full skill resets should have consiquences. I like the idea that it should be difficult to start your skill distributions.

However the fact remains is that this creates a very distinct and unfair advantage.

I'd also like to remind you that I can easily afford this item. That's not the point. It's the principle behind it that I disagree with.

This is a paywall and an unfair advantage. The reason I have not purchased it for myself is because I refuse to support this item. Better that than be a hypocryte

Edited by Rykari