• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maybe BDO isn't for you.

61 posts in this topic

Posted

There's always the possibility our market will dwarf KR to the point Pearl Abyss might look to us first. I can dream right?

Yeah,  you can always dream.

Posted

Regarding my statements below, I am in no way saying this about everyone on these forums. I'm simply talking about the feelings i have after reading these forums for quite some time. There are a few posters i find extremely intelligent and I have no wish to offend them.

The theme in this forum has largely been about players trying to turn BDO into their dream game. The most common way is by changing features or styles of play they don't enjoy to get exactly what they want. I can only assume they don't give a damn about the consequences to others resulting from their requests and complaints.

What pisses me off is that many players seem to think a game, thus BDO, can't be good without a large population or popularity. These players seem to feel they are part of that group so what is best for them, is best for everyone. The obvious advantage I see is revenue. More players means more dollars which equals more content, it's pretty simple. But if everything in existence was designed specifically for the majority the world would suck even more than it does now. This would marginalize any person who enjoys something different or isn't popular. 

I don't care to discuss the possibility of games that try catering to everyone. They are obviously more difficult to achieve because it requires a lot more man power and money to do so, at least at a level of quality every type of player will enjoy. Nor do they drive evolution in gaming with watered down or common features. Finding the correct balance between quality and quantity based on a budget is something every developer wrestles with. This means features either don't exist or don't suit specific players in each and every game.

I'd like to think everyone on these forums realizes Black Desert will never be for everyone. A common theme from many players is they like only parts of BDO. Among these players some can accept the game and focus on what they enjoy. Others try to change the parts they don't like. I could draw some parallels to real life but i'll leave that for someone else.

What I want to know is:

1. Why is your missing feature or want, more important than someone else's feature already in game? 
  2. Why should the developers target you as an audience instead of the current audience?
  3. What is wrong with a game that exists only to be fully enjoyed by a specific audience that isn't yourself?

My answers:

Hidden Content

th.thumb.jpeg.4ffff3605355526d1bc9806702

Posted

Then we have different opinions on those ideas.

Well there you go. The forum isn't for the mentality of one person and only that one way of thinking, it's for everyone to pitch their ideas, stupid or not as long as they're not being unpleasant. You're free to start your own forum while moderating it as you see fit, but that isn't how official forums work nor can you make them work like that, this post will soon be forgotten like every other "meta" type post. 

Posted

Lmao

You need to spam for eggs sir! Or are you too busy pressing F3 to give more shekels to your korean noselords, you good little goy

spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs 

spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs spam eggs 

Posted

You need to spam for eggs sir! Or are you too busy pressing F3 to give more shekels to your korean noselords, you good little goy

And there it is, I was beginning to wonder if you were getting lazy.

Posted

This entire community is truly a lost cause.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't lie, I know we hold a special place in your heart.

Posted

Yeah they are idiots

They don't even know how to use health items that have no cooldown

If only the community could learn how to 

Posted

Don't lie, I know we hold a special place in your heart.

No, you don't

Posted

My number one feature, to be able to play with any of my friends no matter what server.

My number 2 feature a pvp flagging penalty: If you attack someone you cannot unflag until after 5 mins of no combat.

My number 3 feature more armor looks ingame: Remake a few of the armors that look way too similar to each other. If there is only 7 armor sets I expect them to look completely different from each other.

My number 4 feature: the option to pay for specific dyes as permanent unlocks. I'd pay a good chunk of money for some permanent dyes. Doesn't even have to be account wide.

Posted

The only "feature"  of the game I actually have a beef with its the complete lack of ingame armour variety and the terrible customization systems. Why? Because every MMO I've ever played,  beta tested or trialed in the last 12 years was nowhere near this bad.  It blows my mind that an MMO came out in 2016 with so little in that regard. 

My other beef is the cash shop prices and the buffs on CS items,  but I don't consider the monetization scheme to be a "feature".

You seriously insta post this garbage? I need to get to bed...

Posted

I have no problem with arenas the way you described. Features that ADD to the game without hurting others are fantastic. The trouble is all the requests that don't meet that criteria imo.

That's where discussion and compromises come in, and here, it's not the ideas that should be discarded, it's the attitude people have towards compromising and finding solutions. It's fine for people to want to change things, but they need to be willing to alter their ideas when someone points out a problem with it.

But I think that was what you were saying in your post.

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska Anyway that we can get @Takonite muted, you must've seen what a greaat contribution he's made to the forums by now

Posted

Jouska is on, RIP Takonite.

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska Anyway that we can get @Takonite muted, you must've seen what a greaat contribution he's made to the forums by now

hover over their icon and you can see an ignore feature. 

As for OP, all I want is more player interaction outside of PVP. I know that more will come with content from KR but I'd like to see ideas other than just the band-aid simple UI player trade. I made a thread about it a bit ago but it was ultimately shot down lol. So I'm hoping to see ideas that enhance the experience and not ones that completely take away from current mechanics. (or invite gold sellers) 

Edit: + more outfits in-game and fair CS. Doesn't have to be cheap. But I'd like more bang for my buck and RNG out of CS.

Edited by PurplePumpkin
1 person likes this

Posted

Outside of the World PvP/ Karma system mechanics(including ghillie) Daum has absolutely no control over anything. Pearl Abyssa has complete creative control. This was alluded to a few times during PVT Wiggles QA with Daum. 

Most of the posts here will change nothing. 

Posted

Outside of the World PvP/ Karma system mechanics(including ghillie) Daum has absolutely no control over anything. Pearl Abyssa has complete creative control. This was alluded to a few times during PVT Wiggles QA with Daum. 

Most of the posts here will change nothing. 

In the same Q&A it was also mentioned that Jouska sat down with the devs for three hours going over issues and suggestions, and that KR would be open to developing things specifically for EU/NA if there was enough demand for it and/or it was feasible.

Posted (edited)

The theme in this forum has largely been about players trying to turn BDO into their dream game

I think the reason this happens so much in BDO is because it IS close to a dream game.  Many MMO players want a fantasy game with a beautiful virtual world that feels like you can do whatever you want (i.e. the ultimate sandbox), with a fair pricing model that is sustainable for many years.

BDO hits a couple of the notes to that song of "the holy grail" MMO, but not all of them.

I don't see people complaining as a bad thing.  It shows they're interested in the game.  There is a nugget of greatness, for sure.  Unfortunately, for one reason or another, it falls short for some, including myself.

Edited by Hamletswords
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's always the possibility our market will dwarf KR to the point Pearl Abyss might look to us first. I can dream right?

I'm not going to address the rest of your OP, but that part is symptomatic of an attitude that annoys me. 

I'm speaking of this weird mentality that pervades this forum that Korea is somehow some kind of fantasy land with 5.5 billion gamers (all well disciplined, ofc).

Korea might have been the larger market for Pearl Abyss before the EU/NA release - I have no numbers on how the JP/RU versions are doing - but we are dwarfing the Korean playerbase by several orders of magnitude right now. The most recent MMORPG rankings from Korea had this game at the 32nd rank. 32nd most played MMORPG. Not game. Given the number of gamers in Korea (see other articles on the question, not gonna link them here) this ammounts to probably less than 50k unique players, as opposed to our western release. I have no hard data on our numbers, but judging by the numbers they released on February 15th (300,000 pre-order packages sold), it is safe to estimate that there is probably more than one million of us here. Even if it was only 500,000 (which I doubt), we're still many times bigger.

The whole point is that unless Pearl Abyss wants to purposely tank their game, they will have to take into account how the western market reacts to their changes. Our feedback will be tremendously more important than it was during beta. We are their main cash cow.

Edited by Ulfnaor

Posted

you didn't spam eggs enough! Haven't you farmed 10k life eggs yet?

Those eggs were such a dumb decision.

"Let's add in a limited time healing event item that has no cooldown!"

Sure eventually they'll be gone, but Jesus it's not even fun to pvp right now since it's just people spamming eggs.

Posted

I don't see people complaining as a bad thing.  It shows they're interested in the game.  There is a nugget of greatness, for sure.  Unfortunately, for one reason or another, it falls short for some, including myself.

I completely understand some of BDO's short comings and i certainly see this game not appealing to everyone. That's part of my point. There are things about BDO that do not appeal to a large number of players. Such as cost, small armor selection, gear scaling, no trade, and the list goes on. Some of these issues... are reasons to play the game for others. Black Desert does not need to fix these issues to be a great game. I don't expect BDO to be incredibly popular once the shine wears off anyway.

I feel BDO does a lot of things differently and it's a shock to some players. It might take time for players to adjust and accept these differences, or they won't and BDO will simply remain a niche a game. 

In the end it's up to Pearl Abyss and Daum. They can maintain their vision and create the game they want, or they can chase every player dollar they can get their hands on. They are not short of advice from the community. There are enough posters on these forums who think they have all the answers on how PA and Daum should be running BDO.

Posted (edited)

Hard to enjoy the game with so bad optimization/bugs. FPS all over the place from 18 to 100+ low or very high graphics. Lack of more graphic settings (really first game I see so shitty settings, we can disable or lower specific setting instead we have stupid presets that means nothing). Hitting low fps also CPU and GPU usage drops to 30-50%. Everything updated, fresh clean windows install nothing helps, no real solution could be found yet on internet. I've seen people with titan X struggling to maintain consistent FPS. Poping is insane, worst I ever seen in any game. Even graphics on very high honestly looks bad if you pay attention to your own shadow it looks like lego.

Huge difference between servers KR got everything, Russian more shop items and outfits. I think most retarded thing is for me that Russian version download speed is 15mbs (what I normally getting from steam, battlenet etc) while EU version I downloaded 3 times and my download speed never when above 9mbs. I wanted to test performance of RU version but couldn't log in since region lock (funny because I could make an account, download the game but not starting it up). I live in Nederland and I simply can't understand how this is even possible.

I sound negative despite I'm playing 7-8 hours per day if possible. I also spend more money they I probably should. These are game braking things for me and because of this it feels everything else just keep piling on top and you start hating small things like simple logic's behind mechanics like weight, you can put a lot weight on horse and it will run or walk slower yet you can take all these items and overweight yourself and horse don't care about that and can sprint like nothing. Other thing about horses drives me nuts is that they are not scared from monsters, monster can hit it till he dies yet he never reacts on that. Yet we have to feed them, train and stuff. Crazy to think these small things are missed, at least skill like fear would be nice. 

My English is bad I know, not my native. I love the game, hate the feeling of beta tester or f2p because that's exactly how it feels like.   

Edited by Dyeless

Posted

To answer OP.

Restrictive/capped market place, no trading, high CS items price, no alternative cosmetics ingame and de-sync/rubber banding whenever 'shift' is pressed. These are the major turn off for me.

As for target audience, i'm one of those willing to spend shit load of money on cash shop. I've spent thousands of $ on GW2 over period of 3 years because i really like the game and the cash shop (too bad HoT expansion turn the game into something i dislike).

As it stand, i can't see myself spending more in this game. This game just feels off for me atm.

Aesthetically, this game is amazing to look at. Combat a bit spamfest but still acceptable. Furthermore, i kinda like the crafting/mini games and exploring is very pleasing.

1 person likes this

Posted

(Grats for 1000 replys :D) Every MMO community is a lost cause.

Posted

BDO *is* my dream game.

The only rotten tooth I would pull out is the good part of the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0