• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are Wizards so addicted to AP? Defensive AP Support Option.

156 posts in this topic

Posted

Sadly I'm poor so using PRI Talis for necks and earrings (if you have better stuff might as well keep them.) I keep a "Blood Ruby Necklace" for +20 grapple resist which also comes with free 3 AP. 2x Shrine Guardian Tokens (failed making one PRI, dunno the recommended failstack but +4 didn't work.)

I have two PRI: Shrine tokens, i failed about 3 other times to make them, but the two times it succeeded i had +13 and +18 failstacks. Trying with +4 failstacks is wasting money, no offense here, but blue accessories will hardly ever enhance with any lower than 10 or 12 failstacks :)

Posted

~175 DP is standard for +15 armor, anyone under that is not tanky, regardless of how low their AP is in comparison.

lol your nowhere close to 175 DP with +15 unless its Boss armor.

i got 162 DP with Scarla necklace and +15 Grunil

Posted

Get ultimate...

Posted

Get ultimate...

Easier said than done. Progression takes time, after all not everyone played at the same time or can invest the same amount of work in a day. There are stupid people like me who didn't know how to upgrade anyway (done now of course.)

Posted

Easier said than done. Progression takes time, after all not everyone played at the same time or can invest the same amount of work in a day. There are stupid people like me who didn't know how to upgrade anyway (done now of course.)

I was more pointing out his bullshit for saying 175 is impossible at 15. He's just another bad player making dumb claims.

People seem to expect to be tanky when fighting geared DPS in subpar gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/design/35013/

Posted

Obviously there is a reason why it's censored (wiz/wic without 100+ AP? Blasphemy!) but I guess it'd make things easier for you to differentiate instead of have to go the exact same way only to figure the AP/DP ratio. You already mentioned using the Krea dagger so we're golden, x2 +5 AP (BS Crystals, why not have them?) Provided you used the Krea staff (why not?) you can get x2 AP +5 gems and replace 1 or 2 accessories to invisibly put you above 100 AP while keeping DP 200 or over. Even with the +5 ACC (none if you use another weapon!) bonus you should still take into consideration accuracy. With less AP it's all the more important your attacks are actually landing.

Hidden Content

Do you use Krea staff rather than Liverto?

Posted

http://puu.sh/oPkDV/664e974e14.jpg

177 with +15 Grunil. Nice try though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Becase you play a Wizard.

Your Defense is killing.

Kill or be Kill

No point rolling DP and be a tank wizzard and kite around survive and kill shit.

If you think not dying and not killing anything expect some undergeared well its uo to you

Posted

Hello, does your DP take care of itself as you upgrade?  Reason I ask is I'm level 41 and have something like 55 / 19. Do I need to start using DP accessories to get it up of just continue as is? I have Bares accs but should I start using Talis?

Thanks.

Posted

Hello, does your DP take care of itself as you upgrade?  Reason I ask is I'm level 41 and have something like 55 / 19. Do I need to start using DP accessories to get it up of just continue as is? I have Bares accs but should I start using Talis?

Thanks.

Keep on bares accessories to level and by the time you reach 50 you should know if you want build a full AP, DP or balanced build. THen you start to change things.

Becase you play a Wizard.

Your Defense is killing.

Kill or be Kill

No point rolling DP and be a tank wizzard and kite around survive and kill shit.

If you think not dying and not killing anything expect some undergeared well its uo to you

And that is your pov. This game give you freedom to play whatever way you enjoy, so you shouldn't be a full AP player if you don't want to be. I roll on 200ish DP and 120ish AP and have been pretty successful like this. Not dying in 1 combo and outlive my enemies is much better, imo. 
As a wich you'll always be the first target, always focused, so in a full ap you are doomed unless you have good players to have your back.

Posted

Do you use Krea staff rather than Liverto?

I did not, and still do not, have Liverto however that would've been a viable alternative. When using a non-Krea mainhand you're better off getting parrying. At ultimate it'll provide the same HP as Krea with 2x BS crystals, the latter trading off some EVA for AP & ACC(assumption of set bonus). 2 Socket gems are important, they can be used to balance offensive characteristics or you can put 2 x2 Damage reduction to make +4 DR weapon.

Not really as AP scales much better in combat than DP.  So if you want to be the best.... go full AP and max your armor.

Our guild has a number of wiz/wic. Take it with a grain of salt as this based on our guild and there are players with clearly better gear & skill. I'm in the top 3 when it comes to the ability of receiving damage. If you take our friendly AP wizard and yours truly DP wizard I've got a lot more sustain. Damage may suck but can still CC targets, if I get targeted that's one less enemy the other players need to worry about.

Technically you're not wrong but at the same time what will happen if you can't blow up your opponent? Full AP/damage can possibly mean foregoing certain levels of HP as well and DP/DR is nearly useless without a health pool to back it up. They say do everything in moderation and that should be held to truth. I'm a little bit on the extreme but if people have an example of a DP wizard to counter the well-known AP I think we'd be better for it.

Posted

If I can jump into a group of 10 and unload everything I have and kill them then my job as a wizard was successful as I removed them from combat.  If my group needs cc... well thats what a tamer is for.  Higher mobility and more cc than we have.  We have good cc no doubt but our real power lies in being able to nuke from a distance large numbers of players.

Chain Lightning goes a long way. I understand your point however but merely I'm defending that there are more options to than just AP. That is it might be insulting to players coining themselves "Support" wizards. Damage in itself is a form of support, however there is much more to be explored. Our guild isn't a large one (at least our active population) and even having a pseudo-tank has its benefits, maybe in a larger guild such a build would be near obsolete and I'd be better off giving the gear to my warrior. Not getting one-shot is a good feeling and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Posted

u guys seriusly still plabering on in this trad of misquidence...... to new players .......

i have 186 im a ap wizzard not dp , i got 186 easy with my gear i have 320+ combined stats, and sorcs stilll kill me in 2-3 sec same gowes for tamers and rangers, u guys sould close this topic.. its all bs and low geared players in here.. maby a few good geard but every wizz that do high level pvp knows im right.

dont go dp wizz its just not viable and u stilll get murderd just as fast by the high dmg classes

Posted

boss armor dont give more dp than normal gear

Posted (edited)

u guys seriusly still plabering on in this trad of misquidence...... to new players .......

i have 186 im a ap wizzard not dp , i got 186 easy with my gear i have 320+ combined stats, and sorcs stilll kill me in 2-3 sec same gowes for tamers and rangers, u guys sould close this topic.. its all bs and low geared players in here.. maby a few good geard but every wizz that do high level pvp knows im right.

dont go dp wizz its just not viable and u stilll get murderd just as fast by the high dmg classes

Murdered fast because they outgear you or simply you're not "defensive?" Though uncommon there are tamers using Blade Trinket and even met a DP Tamer browsing their forum. Our sorc also appears to have good DP too and does remarkably well. Perhaps if you had some DP warrior gear and put it on your wiz you'd see a difference. #Donee could probably teach you a few things on how AP/DP balance work. For a wizard he appeared capable of taking more punishment than what I'm used to seeing.

All I'm saying is don't drag everyone down with you. If you ask me I believe AP is overall better, however I really wanted to make a "healer" so went with DP. Using common principles of tanking it's easy to take out the "squishiness" of any class. DP might as well be worthless if you don't have HP to back it up.

Edited by Enumeratingw7
New line

Posted

have you ever played dp wizard?  get ultimate 183 dp  angerian and evasion taritas boots  damage reduction on gloves  ad now 20 dp from bensho duo ancient core  6 dp  shrine x2 tri 22 ap and 130 health same with token of freindship until blue molar come

total  http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Wizard||7|15|0|2|0|0||4|15|0|3|0|0||1_0|15|0|3|0|0||1_0|15|0|3|0|0||1_0|15|0|3|0|0||4_0|15|0|3|0|0||1|2||10|0||13|3||13|3||14|3||14|3

add bensho nech duo or tri 20 or 25 dp so 258 dp  extra evasion 10 damage reduction   and 260 health from accesories   tthat ism uh better for wiz than it is for other classses

now add the shire guardian is very cheap you can make it IV   so  262 dp and  290 health  im sure you gonna get bursted if you are a dummy that dont move

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Murdered fast because they outgear you or simply you're not "defensive?" Though uncommon there are tamers using Blade Trinket and even met a DP Tamer browsing their forum. Our sorc also appears to have good DP too and does remarkably well. Perhaps if you had some DP warrior gear and put it on your wiz you'd see a difference. #Donee could probably teach you a few things on how AP/DP balance work. For a wizard he appeared capable of taking more punishment than what I'm used to seeing.

All I'm saying is don't drag everyone down with you. If you ask me I believe AP is overall better, however I really wanted to make a "healer" so went with DP. Using common principles of tanking it's easy to take out the "squishiness" of any class. DP might as well be worthless if you don't have HP to back it up.

out gear me did u not see i have 320+ combine stats, 186 dp 140 ap without gems and bouses and yes some out gear me but th point is they can kil even in same or lower gear, and i have1800hp+ and level 55 

have you ever played dp wizard?  get ultimate 183 dp  angerian and evasion taritas boots  damage reduction on gloves  ad now 20 dp from bensho duo ancient core  6 dp  shrine x2 tri 22 ap and 130 health same with token of freindship until blue molar come

total  http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Wizard||7|15|0|2|0|0||4|15|0|3|0|0||1_0|15|0|3|0|0||1_0|15|0|3|0|0||1_0|15|0|3|0|0||4_0|15|0|3|0|0||1|2||10|0||13|3||13|3||14|3||14|3

add bensho nech duo or tri 20 or 25 dp so 258 dp  extra evasion 10 damage reduction   and 260 health from accesories   tthat ism uh better for wiz than it is for other classses

now add the shire guardian is very cheap you can make it IV   so  262 dp and  290 health  im sure you gonna get bursted if you are a dummy that dont move

lol not move, sorcs jump you, u cant escape them easy. those on high level can iframe for days. only thing they slows  them down other than cain is mana drain, but now we taking about diffrent stuff, im talking about when  they ontop of u , you will die in 2-3 sec in the current game

and the gear u talk about wont matter at that time u get it rangers sorc will have 200+ ap sand still oneshot you, and why do u have ogre neck in build, i have sealed more dp and the accry 5+ bonus. the 4 tri rings errings, 250hp seems nice, 44dp uhmm maby  but i still think sorcs will eat u in 5 sec then when they catch you

Edited by bdoforum

Posted (edited)

out gear me did u not see i have 320+ combine stats, and yes some out gear me but th point is they can kil even in same or lower gear, and i have100hp and level 55 

lol not move, sorcs jump you, u cant escape them easy. those on high level can iframe for days. only thing they slows  them down other than cain is mana drain, but now we taking about diffrent stuff, im talking about when  they ontop of u , you will die in 2-3 sec in the current game

and the gear u talk about wont matter at that tiem u get it rangers sorc will have 200+ ap sand still oneshot you

Oh yes but there is always someone better..... unless you're actually the top! Don't know why you expect not to get killed with 100 HP :P
Perhaps you meant infinite mastery? Tell you what. You're not gonna be any less squishy meddling around or below 1.5k health.

Edited by Enumeratingw7
Edit

Posted (edited)

Oh yes but there is always someone better..... unless you're actually the top! Don't know why you expect not to get killed with 100 HP :P
Perhaps you meant infinite mastery? Tell you what. You're not gonna be any less squishy meddling around or below 1.5k health.

they not better its the class that works that way. i edit the post..

sorcs ranger just broken right now so building dp wount help you . maby help u suvive a long ranged attack but if they ontop of you u die. and dont say to move, u sould know how fast they can come at u. even from side or behind

i havent tryed evasion on wizz yet u get that on muskan shou too, but do we really scale well on evssion?? whe we so bad scaling on dp.

i have had taritas 15+ green, did not feel powerfull then either. and i have untimated grunil now fulll set

Edited by bdoforum

Posted

sorcs ranger just broken right now so building dp wount help you . maby help u suvive a long ranged attack but if they ontop of you u die. and dont say to move, u sould know how fast they can come at u. even from side or behind

Maybe the 320+ metagame is different, but at the [ 280 < x > 300 ] levels everything seems to be working properly. I get hit by +15 weapons all the time and it's far from the doomsday you described. No, I don't have ultimate and yes I put melee resist like an idiot but rangers have been the easier of the two to defeat.

Posted (edited)

Maybe the 320+ metagame is different, but at the [ 280 < x > 300 ] levels everything seems to be working properly. I get hit by +15 weapons all the time and it's far from the doomsday you described. No, I don't have ultimate and yes I put melee resist like an idiot but rangers have been the easier of the two to defeat.

i kill randoms from random guild all day, no issues,

im talking about high level pvp. not randoms agains random guild. and even rangers sorcs with 280 ´300 will one shot you. if they just know a littlebit on what they are doing,

and its not red bg either, in there strangly enoughf i can suvive alot better than open world gvg pvp or small scale pvp vs top guilds, even tho mostly the same players. so thats odd too.

then all build are viable vs randoms. bc they mostly dont know what they are doing

Edited by bdoforum

Posted

i kill randoms from random guild all day, no issues,

im talking about high level pvp. not randoms agains random guild. and even rangers sorcs with 280 ´300 will one shot you. if they just know a littlebit on what they are doing,

and its not red bg either, in there strangly enoughf i can suvive alot better than open world gvg pvp or small scale pvp vs top guilds

then all build are viable.

It's been fun but I think I'll let you be. Apparently I don't play wizard...... or rather I get oneshot, if not my opponents must've been a lie!
But yes keep telling yourself that and you WILL get one shot. Don't drag me into your bull crap.

Posted

It's been fun but I think I'll let you be. Apparently I don't play wizard...... or rather I get oneshot, if not my opponents must've been a lie!But yes keep telling yourself that and you WILL get one shot. Don't drag me into your bull crap.

That dude has 140 DP, as he said, ofc he'll get melted. lol

1 person likes this