• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Diminishing returns on loot drops.

48 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have farmed from 50-53 in treant forest starting at 4node investment and +5 luck and progressively going to 8 node investment over 5 days and I have noticed no significant increase in rare loot drops as I level and increase the node level, I am comparing this to my flatmate who gets 5-6 times more rare drops with no node investment just from running around leveling up different characters with 4-5 luck.

Now with diminishing returns I seem to notice a pretty big decrease in rare drops after I have farmed the same node for 4+ hours a session, going from a few drops an hour to maybe 1 an hour after 8+ hr at the node, has anyone else had this happen or is RNG just so -----ing random on rare drops even with +5 luck and 8 node level?

1 person likes this

Posted

**** your luck

Posted

imo i think there isnt any good farming spots once you get 52 and higher since the mobs are green and if you are higher then the mobs they dont drop as much loot that is my opinion, so i turned to fishing..

Posted

Rng is a -----, I have got 0 valuable items so far and i been grinding to 52 in monastery, hexe and treant forest. Few hours at ogres also. Idk didnt really get any blackstones eather. If i calculate my silver it is like tops 500k/ hour, and i kill rly fast +15 weapon. Idk am i just unlucky?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure diminishing returns are a thing. 1st hour - hour 1/2 ill get a decent amount of drops afterwards you will get 10x less drops.

Its more noticeable in places that drop a lot of cheap stuff like 5k crystals etc 1st hour you will get 25-35 next 2 hours you will only get like 3-5...

As far as node levels go ive tested it pretty extensivley with my brother he has no node levels and always comes out even or ahead of me in drops, even the junk drops that you turn in for silver so almost positive that has no effect on drops.

Level does seem to effect it I have lvld an alt to 49 to test drop rates and my lvl 49 definitely seems to get more drops then my 53 but again that could be the deminishing returns rearing its ugly head.( not tested this enough yet to say for certain)

It could all just be RNG, the rng this game has makes it almost impossible to pinpoint or deduce what mechanics truly effect or how they effect the drops in this game....

Edited by CorruptShadow

Posted

From my experience, enchanting nods = less drops.

Posted

Hmm had actually mansha forest at rank 10 in jpn. Now that I thibk about it I didnt get any more loot from the mansha goblins. I farmed them quite alot, about 1 BS /h at node lvl 1--->10

Posted

So I have farmed from 50-53 in treant forest starting at 4node investment and +5 luck and progressively going to 8 node investment over 5 days and I have noticed no significant increase in rare loot drops as I level and increase the node level, I am comparing this to my flatmate who gets 5-6 times more rare drops with no node investment just from running around leveling up different characters with 4-5 luck.

Now with diminishing returns I seem to notice a pretty big decrease in rare drops after I have farmed the same node for 4+ hours a session, going from a few drops an hour to maybe 1 an hour after 8+ hr at the node, has anyone else had this happen or is RNG just so -----ing random on rare drops even with +5 luck and 8 node level?

I can confirm. From launch till now, I have gotten 3 mark of shadows and 2 witch earrings, all of which I gotten from the first 15-30 minutes of farming (usually just doing dailes actually). After the 1 hour mark, the drops I get have diminishing returns. Even though I have lv 5 node investment, lv 5 luck, and used GM blessing I would just get pure silver coins from skeletons or shadow knights. 

That is why I usually stop farming after the one hour mark.

Posted

Level difference is a huge thing in this game. Even 1 level can drastically decrease your drop chance.

I always have best drops from white mobs (not even red ones, since they are harder to kill at that time), and the moment they became green to me, their drop rate is cut in a half, if not even more.

2 people like this

Posted

Can confirm wayy less loot from ents after I hit lvl 53 and now the ents are green.

Posted

i'll clarify

Nodes only increase drops by 10% so say a item has 0.001% its now 0.002 oh however it works it only multiplies the % of the drops % so if you had Lv 10 node on a item with 1% drop it's now 2%

1 person likes this

Posted

Level difference is a huge thing in this game. Even 1 level can drastically decrease your drop chance.

I always have best drops from white mobs (not even red ones, since they are harder to kill at that time), and the moment they became green to me, their drop rate is cut in a half, if not even more.

this is what i also believe and what i mention in my reply.. from 50-52 i grind in serendia shrine netting about 2-3 scrolls in a couple hours.. but soon as i got to 50 i be lucky if i get 1 scroll or even 2-3 yuria long swords.. I made about 8 million silvers in serendia shrin from 51 20% to 52 it took roughly 13 hours straight farm... and that day alone i made 8 million and 3 scrolls.. I tried to do it at 52 and on the same grind session and was surprised that the money i made was laughable.. >.< 1 level makes a huge difference and its not worth grinding on the mobs that are currently out.. the guys lvl 54-55 must have it even more rough.. 

Posted

i'll clarify

Nodes only increase drops by 10% so say a item has 0.001% its now 0.002 oh however it works it only multiplies the % of the drops % so if you had Lv 10 node on a item with 1% drop it's now 2%

Well I will give you kudos for the effort at this :P  

Yes every Node Tier is 10% drop rate same as Luck.

So lets do this again...  0.001% +10%  = 0.0011%    This is your new drop chance of that specific item ^_~

2 people like this

Posted

yep 100% agree there is diminishing returns on loot at least to some degree

I've been putting it off to my shit RNG until after reading this thread.. these examples are basically exactly what I've experienced.....................

Posted

Well I will give you kudos for the effort at this :P  

Yes every Node Tier is 10% drop rate same as Luck.

So lets do this again...  0.001% +10%  = 0.0011%    This is your new drop chance of that specific item ^_~

0.001% + 10% = 10.001%

0.001% x 10% = 0.0001%

0.001% x 1.1 = 0.0011%

1.1 is all of the original value plus 10%

:P

Posted

0.001% + 10% = 10.001%

o.O

1 person likes this

Posted

0.001% + 10% = 10.001%

0.001% x 10% = 0.0001%

0.001% x 1.1 = 0.0011%

1.1 is all of the original value plus 10%

:P

Probably I should make it even more clear as some people have issues understanding what an additional 10% of 0.001 is...

its a 10% increase of the specific drop chance...

so if the drop chance is 0.001% and you want to add a 10% increase on that it doesn't go 10+0.001 = 10.001%...

the 10% of 0.001 is 0.0001... this is what its getting added...so the new drop chance is 0.0011%...

1 person likes this

Posted

er guys, just to make it clear, am I to understand that after one hour the % of drops drops? and from then on, the longer you stay, the less loot you get?

really? why didn't anyone tell me this? :( I spent HOURS hoping for a drop :/

is there any kind of semi official place where I can confirm this information please?

many thanks, 

PS is the invest in nodes thing still bugged now? :/

Posted

I get scroll drops daily from doing the mansha daily, node lvl 8 ... black stone rate is almost double.  Cash /hr from dungeons is way up compared to the start but so is clearspeed so it's tough to gauge.

Posted

I have Hexe Sanctuary up to level 5 and have killed thousands of mobs there...
I have yet to find a Witches earring.
I have found about a dozen Bares earrings and a good handful of blackstones, along with some Heve pieces.
Then some shitter is like "oh I found 3 Witches earrings in half an hour."
*flips desk*

1 person likes this

Posted

I have Hexe Sanctuary up to level 5 and have killed thousands of mobs there...
I have yet to find a Witches earring.
I have found about a dozen Bares earrings and a good handful of blackstones, along with some Heve pieces.
Then some shitter is like "oh I found 3 Witches earrings in half an hour."
*flips desk*

I know that feel.jpeg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You can buff your node, you can buff your luck, you can spend $$ to increase the chance of better knowledge, but the thing is these are marginal increases and they really do nothing for your REAL LIFE LUCK.

If you have a 0.01% chance to get the Witch's Earrings, it doesn't mean every 10,000th mob will drop them for you, it means that you will get 100 for every 1,000,000 mobs you kill and they might as well drop from the very last 100 mobs.

Edited by Coeprandua

Posted

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I always thought that investing in a node only increased the drop AMOUNT of the trade in times / silver that those mobs normally drop.  The drop rate of RARE items like blackstones and witches earings are determined by the mob grade, specifically S-grade.  

Posted

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I always thought that investing in a node only increased the drop AMOUNT of the trade in times / silver that those mobs normally drop.  The drop rate of RARE items like blackstones and witches earings are determined by the mob grade, specifically S-grade.  

S-grade is the only one that increases drops. Investing in nodes increases the chance to have more drops. Those drops can be anything, so having more drops= more chances at getting a rare drop.

Posted

I believe this, everytime i first log on and start hitting a farm ill get several blackstones, few of each...im thinking "wow this is -----ing awesome here, ill continue"

time progresses, i snap out of it to check out my inventory and notice i have no more blackstones or anything, they always hit within the first half hour of me getting into the grind. sad really that a game has to resort to those sort of mechanics