• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Convince me to stay sorc

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm a 50+ sorc that feels a bit underwhelmed by the class right now. I know we exceed in 1vs1 pvp and openworld skirmishes against a small number of players. But i feel terribly week and vulnerable in PvE and I get this sinking feeling when thinking about node wars and GvG. 

I have been on a few worldbosses but always solo since there aren't any parties that want a sorc (I know alot of classes are in the same boat) I always end up resetting the lvl, lose all of my gems without any loot. 

I tried a GvG once trying to adapt to the playstyle "in and out" doing smaller bursts of dmg before jumping out. But I ended up getting AoE / stunned / grabbed / knockdowned between i-frames, so I got killed alot.

Is the sorcs destined to be a roaming openworld pvp class?

I would love it if anyone could step up and defend this class and explain why I'm wrong. 

I would love to get someone telling me I'm probably just bad, and that it gets better.

Don't get me wrong. I love having a high skill ceiling. I just get the feeling that sorcs aren't that versitile and that we exceeds in one area. And are generally subpar in the rest.

Edited by TomNess

Posted

What you need is a good kick up the old ambition side lad. 

You need to entrepreneur yourself into the world and start networking for information.

You need to stand up to the world and say:

"No! I am the master of my own destiny!"

You need to find what your strengths are and sell them to others and take advantage of any opportunity because in the end...who will cry for us oh sweet sweet lamb of gods roast dinner table...

"Not I"

said the fly...

Addendum ;)

3 people like this

Posted

What you need is a good kick up the old ambition side lad. 

You need to entrepreneur yourself into the world and start networking for information.

You need to stand up to the world and say:

"No! I am the master of my own destiny!"

You need to find what your strengths are and sell them to others and take advantage of any opportunity because in the end...who will cry for us oh sweet sweet lamb of gods roast dinner table...

"Not I"

said the fly...

Addendum ;)

Lovely try! Thanks. 

But still didn't make anything more clear

Posted

You can lap up everyone's delicious tears for a start.

Posted

You can lap up everyone's delicious tears for a start.

Haha, yea well of course, but I suspect that is a victim of a 1vs1 encounter.

Posted

in GvG your sole job is to pick off retards in the back and generally just disrupt and distract the enemy archers for example spamming DC

Posted

in GvG your sole job is to pick off retards in the back and generally just disrupt and distract the enemy archers for example spamming DC

Okey, I can imagine we fit that role pretty well.

How about PvE, worldbosses, are they even viable to do as a sorc? Or am I doing myself a favour just grinding something else buying the drops from marketplace?

Posted

I

How about PvE, worldbosses, are they even viable to do as a sorc? Or am I doing myself a favour just grinding something else buying the drops from marketplace?

How are you 50+ and not sure about PVE? -_-

Posted

I would stay away from world bosses atm. As a sorc you're never gonna get any loot since it's based on damage done, and you're never beating wizards and rangers in that regard. Definitely not worth it.

Posted

I

How are you 50+ and not sure about PVE? -_-

I dont consider where we are in the game right now to be endgame. The few worldboss encounters I have been apart of has ended in disaster för my XP, bank and motivation.

I would stay away from world bosses atm. As a sorc you're never gonna get any loot since it's based on damage done, and you're never beating wizards and rangers in that regard. Definitely not worth it.

Thanks, I was worried about that. I love the fact worldbosses exist but it's not really fun to do them when you don't even have a chance of getting anyhing out of it. 

Posted

I dont consider where we are in the game right now to be endgame. The few worldboss encounters I have been apart of has ended in disaster för my XP, bank and motivation.

Heh well that's all there is to end-game BDO really :P Even with "answer to every problem" Mediah expansion.

Posted

Thanks, I was worried about that. I love the fact worldbosses exist but it's not really fun to do them when you don't even have a chance of getting anyhing out of it. 

So you only consider world boss PVE? I'm just a little confused about what YOURE confused about lol. PVE is not limited to world bosses and on my 50 sorc I have a great time grinding even the highest lvl monsters with ease. Plenty of aoe and survivability. 

Also, keep in mind that no one has CONFIRMED that bosses only drop to the highest damagers. This has been speculated for awhile but has never actually been stated by DAUM or PA. Considering it's impossible to know who did the most damage when 500 people are damaging it, drawing this conclusion with no real evidence is silly.

Posted (edited)

I got 77/86 ap/dp and I get loot everytime I fight an open world boss. I don't even have Black Wave specced.

You just have to play smart and actually use skill. Wait for an opening and take it. Use Dream of Doom when there's no opening and build up fragments, then throw them.

It's not rocket science, just stop being bad. Next world boss I fight I can record it for you guys to show how you're supposed to do it.

Edited by Edgelorde
1 person likes this

Posted

So you only consider world boss PVE? I'm just a little confused about what YOURE confused about lol. PVE is not limited to world bosses and on my 50 sorc I have a great time grinding even the highest lvl monsters with ease. Plenty of aoe and survivability. 

Also, keep in mind that no one has CONFIRMED that bosses only drop to the highest damagers. This has been speculated for awhile but has never actually been stated by DAUM or PA. Considering it's impossible to know who did the most damage when 500 people are damaging it, drawing this conclusion with no real evidence is silly.

Thats true, it's one aspect of PvE. But one aspect I hope AP expand upon, aside with hidden open world caves/dungeons. 

I just feel that sorc is missing out on that aspect. (This issue of course relates to every class i imagine except Ranger/wiz/witch)

What I want really to be frank is for someone to say "I know, but things will get better in mediah or valencia" or "You are just not that good yet, It will get better"

Posted

I got 77/86 ap/dp and I get loot everytime I fight an open world boss. I don't even have Black Wave specced.

You just have to play smart and actually use skill. Wait for an opening and take it. Use Dream of Doom when there's no opening and build up fragments, then throw them.

It's not rocket science, just stop being bad. Next world boss I fight I can record it for you guys to show how you're supposed to do it.

How many times do you die during the fight?

Posted

How many times do you die during the fight?

Ehh, 3 or 4. Bosses teleport around and are pretty buggy and unstable so there's always going to be those times when you get hit. And personal screw ups too, I sometimes get in too close to a big AoE waiting to jump in, gotta learn the range of it.

I'm a big Dark Souls fan and have been playing the series for a long time so those skills go with me whenever I play an action RPG. You learn how to read animations and whatnot so you know where hits are gonna be and how far away the safe distance is. For not dying to enemies, a big matter is how predictable they are. If they bug the ----- out and teleport next to you all the time...that makes it a tad harder.

Posted

Ehh, 3 or 4. Bosses teleport around and are pretty buggy and unstable so there's always going to be those times when you get hit. And personal screw ups too, I sometimes get in too close to a big AoE waiting to jump in, gotta learn the range of it.

I'm a big Dark Souls fan and have been playing the series for a long time so those skills go with me whenever I play an action RPG. You learn how to read animations and whatnot so you know where hits are gonna be and how far away the safe distance is. For not dying to enemies, a big matter is how predictable they are. If they bug the ----- out and teleport next to you all the time...that makes it a tad harder.

Cool, so that 3-4% which at 53+ is 1-2h grind depending on your spot. Count into it the chance of losing gems in the gear that each goes for hundreds of thousands, or even a million, if you're using the proper health gem in the chest piece.

I don't know how much money you get from the world boss, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it even covered the cost of what you lose.

Posted (edited)

Cool, so that 3-4% which at 53+ is 1-2h grind depending on your spot. Count into it the chance of losing gems in the gear that each goes for hundreds of thousands, or even a million, if you're using the proper health gem in the chest piece.

I don't know how much money you get from the world boss, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it even covered the cost of what you lose.

Well if you can't take it then don't go. It's not like it's required or anything. I'm just level 50 at 34% with 100k being the max worth on my gems so I can take a couple of deaths. Of course I don't expect to get anything overly worth it from the fight, I just find it fun, hanging out with everyone else is nice. Gave a guy a milk tea cause he used a flute on red nose yesterday.

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

Loot every time and you only die 3-4 times? 

Are you talking about scrollbosses now? I have a hard time believing thats true.

Because we are talking about world bosses.

Posted

Just play safe against Red Nose, i'm lv 51 and yesterday we did red nose, i died twice and the second death was my keyboard's keys getting stuck. 

In the end i lost 2 gems (about 400k+) but the rewards were : 2 gems (700k+) 2 armor stones, 3 weapon stones and 100k silver.

Was at 118AP 118DP.

Posted

did 5 world bosses as sorc past 2 days and got loot each time. pro tip red nose gunna one shot you anyways i just take off my armor so nothing breaks. turn off player effects so can see the boss clearly and read his tells. 

absolute darkness, DoD, black wave, shadow eruption all do ranged damage that is safe. If you feel ballsy i do a midnight stinger + CoD + DF and gtfo asap.

Takes time but it can be learned, im sitting on 137 DP tho (red nose still one shots)

PVP in GvG is what crazy mike said, we cause confusion and chaos on the back line, think of a guerrilla force. harrass, burst, run away, repeat. Don't expect to face tank the main line lol or even bother attacking it.

Wait for a wizard to pick up his staff to cast that bullshit lightening and melt his face 

Posted

My motivation to log on keeps getting lower and lower. This is another nail in the coffin. Havnt logged in over a day now I really don't feel like it.

I mean, wtf for??

It's bad enough "end game" is 99% PvP, but this crap? TO hell with this.

Posted

My motivation to log on keeps getting lower and lower. This is another nail in the coffin. Havnt logged in over a day now I really don't feel like it.

I mean, wtf for??

It's bad enough "end game" is 99% PvP, but this crap? TO hell with this.

I have to correct myself. The loot distribution does actually appear to be random. You just need to hit the boss to be eligible for the loot (not sure if there is any dmg threshold you need to pass). This is based on yesterday's kill, where our witch who was spamming lightning chain only the whole fight got 2 weapon stones and 4 hunters marks, while our rangers who were unloading everything they got on the boss got nothing.

Posted (edited)

This is so wrong. Sorceress deals so much damage and is able to stay on the boss forever and ever by dodging around. I have participated in at least a total of 50 kills since field bosses released, and I get loot every single time.

Edited by Swiggyswoo

Posted

Also disagree. Don't lock yourself out of content based on loot roll speculation. Bold statements coming from this guy. Every sorc in our guild gets loot 90% of the time.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0