• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CBT1 Suggestions: Character, Interface, and Gameplay..oh my!

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm just going to get right to it.

Character

• Wizard needs younger faces.

Currently as it stands we have Tamer, Valkyrie, Witch, Ranger, and Sorcerer for female character lineup while we only have Warrior, Berserker, and Wizard for male. While this is bad in itself already it's also worth noting that all female classes (minus the Tamer) has the flexibility of adding wrinkles if a player wants to add some 'age' into their character's look giving plenty options for those who are inclined to play female characters. Unfortunately for those who want to play male characters, not only are their option for classes restricted, they have limited choices when it comes to achieving the look a player might want. If you want a 'good looking' and/or handsome eyecandy man meat (or even just want to recreate yourself in game if you are of younger age) only option you have is to play Warrior.....what does that say?

And before anyone start to bring in 'lore' and try to wave it off as 'man can't do magic unless they study real hard for real long'.....I have screenshot of enemy npc wizard in game who look quite young so that's quite invalid point. (the game itself doesn't follow their own lore..so why should we?)

3483864.jpg

3483865.jpg

• Need more classes!!

In line of reasoning above, we need more classes! Specifically more -male- classes! I'm not saying developers should drop everything and get to class gender ratio balancing right now, but some time in -NEAR- future would be much appreciated. In fact, how about having counterparts for those female classes that are already released? Male ranger and sorcerer anyone?

• Give none high-heel boots/shoes armor option for the ladies.

Do I -really- need to explain why this is ridiculous? I wouldn't even be bringing this up if not for the fact BDO is a game that clearly tries its best to be immersive in almost every way. I'm not saying all high heel shoes should be removed (though I wouldn't complain if it was removed) but more choices in armor for those ladies running around on their broken ankles would be appreciated. I can maybe give it a pass for sorcerer....maybe..but for rangers and valkyries....not realistic. At all. Only good excuse I can think of is if they need those heels for horse riding as is somewhat accurate historically...but out in the frontline battlefield...sheesh. It personally breaks immersion and prevents me from ever really touching those classes for the same reason.

• Variant standing idle poses.

Similar to how you can change your sitting posture by pressing 'q' key while sitting on ledge etc, a different option to choosing your character's standing idle animation might be neat. No complaints to how things are currently really...just thought it might be neat addition/feature.

• Potion drinking/using animation

Two reason for this suggestion...one, it'd be kinda neat. Two, it would be useful if you or your guild is running a tournament event where you were disallowed to use potion or some such as it would show if someone was using the item. Similar to up above, no real complaint to current system and just a mere suggestion.

Interface

• Marketplace Search Function..broken?

Ok, probably not broken, technically as the game comes from Korea and they don't use English there. But when I try to search for items, it seems like the system takes capitalization to account. Example being if I search for 'milk' I get no result while if I search for 'Milk' I get instant result. This seems minor with one worded item as you'd just need to capitalize the first letter but with items with two or more words it can get bit....annoying. Things should be searchable with or without capitalization whatnot. Example picture links down below.

3483861.jpg

3483860.jpg

• Guild Rank Customization

Currently, as I understand it, there are only three guild ranks. Guild Master, officer, and member. (And then protected status, but that's different) It would be nice if we can add more ranks and customize its name and privilege given to each rank.

• Allow us to hide our pets names.

You can hide your own character name, you can hide other people's names, you can hide npc names.....but you can't hide your pet's names. Why?

• Chat text font size and color

Please allow us to edit chat text font size and color. There are many other mmo that does this and it helps with those who have hard time reading the texts in its default size.

• Allow us to turn off 'lore' notification pop ups.

These ones. 3483858.jpg

Unless I'm missing something terribly, you can't get rid of these until you've clicked through every single one of them. It's not a huge deal-breaker or anything but it grates me. I want to turn this notification off. I can always look through these knowledge bits in knowledge menu if I ever felt like it anyways.

Gameplay

• Eye burning lantern color.

Current lantern color is red. It tires the eyes very quickly and easily. I would suggest changing to yellowish color the destination tracker glows in world but maybe subdued down in brightness.

Comparison image:

3483859.jpg

• "Bandits" Remove them or improve them.

....are a joke right now. I'm talking about those supposed bandit npc that pops out while you are doing trading runs. I see potential here in this feature especially if there is to be no pvp in lower levels. (it helps 'train' newer players to be alert and lookout for danger while out and about on trades etc) However, as it is now, it's just a mild distraction as anyone with any form of transportation can outrun them without even batting an eyelash. I was riding a heavily loaded donkey which can only 'slow walk' and I managed to outrun these thugs while going on auto pilot mode. Sure, I got damaged a bit by their archer but it wasn't even 10% of my health. Only threat it poses is to those who insist on walking while trading. Even then, I'm in understanding that they don't even pop if you don't go down the traditional road path.

I'd suggest greatly improving their running speed..or something to give players reason to lookout for them on map. Or just outright remove them.

• Trade pack vehicle/horse distance to traders.

You have to be pretty close to the trader npc to be able to sell your wares off your vehicle/mount. This results in areas around trader and/or stable person really clusterfuck crowded with various donkeys, horses, and different sizes of trading wagons. While there is no collision detection on these, it can get bit hectic trying to find the npc for more newer players. (not to mention MAH IMMERSION BREAKING LIKE PASTRY CRUMBLES!!11!). Honestly, it just looks bad. Perhaps increase the allowed distance so people can park a bit further away....and this would also help with maneuvering your damned wagon out of those tight corners as you're trying to depart...

• Potion Cooldowns...

While much better than Korean version, 5sec is still quite short. I'd suggest 10sec at least. I'm sure there are many who disagree with me but I only felt the need to really try and learn my class when I challenged myself not to use the potions and being hit was a big deal. This would put more emphasis on skill based gameplay rather than 'who has the most potion' gameplay.

----edit----

Something I forgot to mention...another reason for wanting longer potion CD is that...in KR server, I managed to track through the Valencia desert with just spamming potion on a level 20 character.....while I'm happy I got to see the city of Valencia..I just think this shouldn't be possible in terms of gameplay design wise. :/

• Leveling rate/monster difficulty.

Again, I'm sure there are many other who disagree with this one as well but...Leveling rate is too fast right now. It's LOT better than Korean version, yes, but it's still a joke. For those who has played lot of KR version whatnot and already know the game inside out, they'd want to race to cap asap and get to endgame but for the new players who are just coming into game...it's bit different.

I know for a fact current KR version has ton more quests than the version we got in CBT1 and at this current level rate, most folks won't get to finish half the quests they offer.

I don't necessarily mean reduce the amount of exp given, perhaps just upping the difficulty of monsters would suffice as those veteran players would already know their classes inside out and can speedrun to endgame anyways then.

Anywho, those are the things that come to me off the top of my head. I want to note that all these are purely personal opinion/suggestions and I don't claim I have all the answers etc. Everyone and anyone are free to agree or disagree with me. Either ways, hope to see you all in game once it goes live!

Edited by KhaiDan
1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree with those last two ideas. 10 seconds might be a smidge too long, and the leveling is actually too slow. Yes, you level up fast, but not as fast as you go through the quests, so you end up in scenarios where you're massively underleveled. The rest sound rather nice.

Posted

There are other games out there with much longer potion times; Final Fantasy XIV has a potion reuse time of a whole minute, for instance, so I don't think that ten seconds is all that bad.

Posted

I disagree with those last two ideas. 10 seconds might be a smidge too long, and the leveling is actually too slow. Yes, you level up fast, but not as fast as you go through the quests, so you end up in scenarios where you're massively underleveled. The rest sound rather nice.

The last two ideas are very heated topic and ultimately it boils down to personal preference so I totally understand where you may be coming from and tbh, it's not a big deal either. The OP is completely 100% my opinion after all. :)

Posted

The last two ideas are very heated topic and ultimately it boils down to personal preference so I totally understand where you may be coming from and tbh, it's not a big deal either. The OP is completely 100% my opinion after all. :)

As a berserker/melee I was pulling the usual mobs and most of the time I would inevitably  get hit (kinda hard to avoid 8 attacks  which some of them are ranged) and feel the hp pots are needed or else the whole grinding becomes a slow drag.

Maybe a seperate CD for PVP which activates when you are attacked by a player would be best

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0