• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Confusement of ranger skills

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey!

I feel like it's hard to grasp and structure all my ranger abilities, it seems like there is much information that isn't explained about them in game.

I have two questions right now:

1. Blasting Gust and other AoE abilities, why do they regenerate so much mana and why isn't it mentioned somewhere? Razor Wind explicitly says it regenerates mana in its tooltip, but many abilities doesn't. 

2. Evasive Explosive shot, why is there a hidden ability in this skill that isn't mentioned anywhere afaik, when you're in the air after doing the EES you press LMB and the character does an AoE bombardment similar to Will of the Wind. What is this ability called and what damage does it do?

Thanks!

Posted

2. Evasive Explosive shot, why is there a hidden ability in this skill that isn't mentioned anywhere afaik, when you're in the air after doing the EES you press LMB and the character does an AoE bombardment similar to Will of the Wind. What is this ability called and what damage does it do?

I would like to add another question. Leveling EES improve the damage of the umbrella of arrows?

Posted

Hey!

I feel like it's hard to grasp and structure all my ranger abilities, it seems like there is much information that isn't explained about them in game.

I have two questions right now:

1. Blasting Gust and other AoE abilities, why do they regenerate so much mana and why isn't it mentioned somewhere? Razor Wind explicitly says it regenerates mana in its tooltip, but many abilities doesn't. 

Thanks!

there's ALOT of hidden info in this game. welcome to bdo x)

Posted

I have recently got my ranger to around level 30 and i feel like i must be doing something wrong people are always saying how powerful rangers are but i am getting stomped in the red orc area over and over spam through health potions like they are going out of style before dying. Compared to my Valkyrie or even my tamer with similar AP gear they feel so much stronger. 

Main abilities i am using are evasive explosive shot and the base shot to regain mana. 

Posted

I had the same problem that you had when I was around 30 and I had a Valkyrie until I realized that as a Ranger I should always be moving, never getting hit. It may sound stupid, but the only time I stop when I am grinding is to fire off Razor, and when I do usually I am far enough away not to get hit. If you are dying alot when grinding you are simply not taking advantage of the mobility of the character.

Posted

Hmm it just takes a really long time to kill things it feels like. I do not get caught by melee monsters mostly its ranged wizard types that drop or stun me and then i die.  Also i tend to run out of stamina dodging very quickly maybe i should switch my armor set currently using 2 piece tartrias and 2 piece heve with a Yuria bow. 

Posted

Get a 15 yuria bow and a decent bronze dagger and you should kill everything fine... you need to balance mana and stamina, this is a huge part of ranger, specially in pvp

Posted

Well i am only level 30 so i figure i will start enchanting it when i start getting black stones. 

Posted

Hmm it just takes a really long time to kill things it feels like. I do not get caught by melee monsters mostly its ranged wizard types that drop or stun me and then i die.  Also i tend to run out of stamina dodging very quickly maybe i should switch my armor set currently using 2 piece tartrias and 2 piece heve with a Yuria bow. 

If you're low level, go with the Agerian set. It will provide you with the most damage/utility while leveling. Absolutely no reason to use Heve at level 30, you don't get your % max HP scalings until later in the game. You're using the umbrella provided by EES, yes? Not just using the movement portion of the ability?

Posted

If you're low level, go with the Agerian set. It will provide you with the most damage/utility while leveling. Absolutely no reason to use Heve at level 30, you don't get your % max HP scalings until later in the game. You're using the umbrella provided by EES, yes? Not just using the movement portion of the ability?

This, ranger is pretty bad to level too, until 40's imo.

Posted

EES umbrela?  i am not familiar with all of the acronyms.If you mean the stamina based evasive maneuver where you slide to the side and shoot then yes. 

This, ranger is pretty bad to level too, until 40's imo.

Interesting maybe i will try and push through it

Posted

EES umbrela?  i am not familiar with all of the acronyms.If you mean the stamina based evasive maneuver where you slide to the side and shoot then yes. 

Interesting maybe i will try and push through it

If you left click while you're in mid-air after using EES, you'll fire a large AoE "umbrella" of arrows. EES doesn't do much of anything on it's own, it's this hidden skill (The umbrella) that is ranger's bread and butter farming skill. 

Posted

Ahh yes that is how i have been farming but it does not seem to do much damage unless they are knocked down which i think it can only do like every 8 or 9 seconds it feels like. So i tend to use EES and then run around till it cools down and do it again. 

Posted

Ahh yes that is how i have been farming but it does not seem to do much damage unless they are knocked down which i think it can only do like every 8 or 9 seconds it feels like. So i tend to use EES and then run around till it cools down and do it again. 

Your best bet for farming is to just spam EES, using Q-canceling to return mana (if you have the ability to do so, if you don't it's mana potions). 

Posted

Up until 40's your best bet with best sustain is going to be sitting on a horse all -----ing day spamming basic attack. This uses no mana, you need very few health potions and just some carrots for the horse. This is EXTREMELY boring but it's damn near 100% uptime on grinding with little to no maint.

Posted

I would like to add another question. Leveling EES improve the damage of the umbrella of arrows?

No, it does not. Levelling EES is a bad idea in my opinion as it merely just increases the mana consumption of using the skill and will make it very hard to sustain your mana while farming without using mana potions. 

The damage from the umbrella is affected by your level of the "Bow Skill". So always level that up when you can.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, it does not. Levelling EES is a bad idea in my opinion as it merely just increases the mana consumption of using the skill and will make it very hard to sustain your mana while farming without using mana potions. 

The damage from the umbrella is affected by your level of the "Bow Skill". So always level that up when you can.

^This, definitely level your Bow Skill whenever you can, it should take priority.

As for leveling EES, don't bother right away.  Li3to recommends to leave it at rank 1 until level 53, at which point you should level it to III.  This is strictly for PvP purposes though.  If you don't plan on PvPing, there is no reason to level EES past 1.

Posted

Your best bet for farming is to just spam EES, using Q-canceling to return mana (if you have the ability to do so, if you don't it's mana potions). 

This is probably dumb, but what is Q cancelling?

Posted (edited)

This is probably dumb, but what is Q cancelling?

there's a thread on the 1st page of ranger sub-forum with name "read before posting". there's a list with links inside. one of the link - list of combos, check it, q-cancel description (and not only this) is there.

Edited by Rinel
1 person likes this

Posted

I still can't find the answer to my question :(

Posted

•    Instant Q, aka Q cancel
•    Blasting Gust, Ultimate: Evasive Shot
•    [Hold LMB]+[Hold Q]+[Hold A/D]
•    Fire Blasting Gust instantly and strafe to the side. Continuing to hold down all buttons results in more shots and more strafes. This empties mana and stamina quickly, but is AoE; therefore, it is good at sustaining an AoE from the mana regeneration in PvE, and it is good burst damage "filler" in PvP. Note that a Q Cancel can be used the same way as a Kick Cancel for using Riding the Wind or Umbrella.