• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Energy/Vigor

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Since Energy/Vigor play a major role in this game. Fishing should also use a minimum of 1 energy/vigor per cast.

Why should Fishing get a break?

In Korea, none of the processing/cooking/alchemy skills require energy. And the system works well.

In NA, for some reason. Processing/Cooking/Alchemy require energy/vigor.

Why?

Are we heading towards an ArcheAge clone? Are we going to have energy/vigor potions in the cash shop?

To craft a Yuria Amulet you have to craft one Pure Zinc Crystal, which is craftable after a quest that in unlocked when you reach Gathering Professional 10, and Processing Professional 5.

This is a bit much. Especially when you can fish anywhere you want, for an unlimited amount of time. All energy/vigor free.

Lets keep Energy/Vigor for gathering only.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm calling it, "energy refill potions" in the Daum Cash Shop!

Should remove the energy system altogether to be honest.

1 person likes this

Posted

The energy system is very dumb, and it's a huge wall because it's placed on just about everything. Why must we have Clash of Clans mechanics in this game? I dread to see the cash shop on NA for the first time

1 person likes this

Posted

Since Energy/Vigor play a major role in this game. Fishing should also use a minimum of 1 energy/vigor per cast.

Why should Fishing get a break?

In Korea, none of the processing/cooking/alchemy skills require energy. And the system works well.

In NA, for some reason. Processing/Cooking/Alchemy require energy/vigor.

Why?

Are we heading towards an ArcheAge clone? Are we going to have energy/vigor potions in the cash shop?

To craft a Yuria Amulet you have to craft one Pure Zinc Crystal, which is craftable after a quest that in unlocked when you reach Gathering Professional 10, and Processing Professional 5.

This is a bit much. Especially when you can fish anywhere you want, for an unlimited amount of time. All energy/vigor free.

Lets keep Energy/Vigor for gathering only.

Its likely due to the build we are currently on.

Heck in KR fishing you can "charge" your casts when fishing to consume huge amounts of energy.
Hence the point of beta is beta, we'll likely see changes, and even if some of this doesn't get corrected by launch later patches will be even more likely to fix it.

Posted

There's quite a few threads like this, but I'll bite. Energy pots are what most players are afraid of, them monetizing a way for us to need more energy so we keep buying labor cough I mean energy pots from their cash shop. Doing this to get past the horridly slow regen in game. A large portion of players seem to be from ArcheAge myself included, we don't want to see a repeat of the damn labor system from that game.

I played Korea, I still play Korean Black Desert I did alot of processing and cooking and alchemy in that game. People Just don't realize how much processing or cooking you need in order to be able to even craft certain items. Not to mention they've recently changed it in korea so damn near everything takes more mats and higher tier mats to craft something.

Energy for gathering fine sure why not, Energy to learn new knowledge Ok, Energy for an NPC intimacy mini game to access new knowledge, quests, and secret Shop sure. Energy for everything else NOPE keep it like korea.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree. It is enough of a hindrance that items have their own item weight. Requiring energy for processing further restricts this mechanic.

I din't mind pumping Energy in to nodes, bartering trades, knowledge system, and gathering. Secret shop, sure. Processing/crafting, makes no sense.

The regen is fine. 1 energy per 3 minutes. My Korea account is on 24/7

Posted

Energy for gathering fine sure why not, Energy to learn new knowledge Ok, Energy for an NPC intimacy mini game to access new knowledge, quests, and secret Shop sure. Energy for everything else NOPE keep it like korea.

Well said, I think.

I'm fond of energy requirements for everything else in Black Desert. The gathering/crafting/professions does seem a bit much, but realistically, they would indeed cost energy and keep to the realism, but it seems a good chunk of the game is based off the profession system.

In business terms, I definitely forsee a potion being sold in the Cash Shop somewhere in the future if things remain. It's an opportunity a company would be stupid not to take, and if brought up in a business meeting, I would fall short of saying the moral of the playerbase isn't a deciding factor for these kinds of things. Sadly.

To be frank, if a business that crafts a game as fine as this'n, then I'd be willing to bet there would be a short compromise. Instead of an instant potion that gets over the energy paywall, it would either boost the energy recovery rate, cutting time by half (1min 30 sec), or they would restrict certain areas of professions consumed for energy. For instance, popular or difficult higher tier items and their finish' taking up a lot of energy, instead of each craft taking up small amounts.

As grim as it may be, one day we will more than likely see these energy potions, or some sort of pay wall.

Posted

I am from Archeage as well.

I will not switch to BDO if the release has an Energy system like the AA labor system. It´s just a money grab. I am done with that or better i will stay with my known devil AA because of the non-instanced housing and the naval trade/combat system.

Instanced housing is one of the biggest turn-offs in BDO. Energy Cash Shop (you can name it marketplace how often you want, it´s a cash shop) potions would be a nail in the coffin.

AA is not THAT bad.

Posted

So there will be a cash item to regenerate Energy??

Posted

I'm for keeping the kr system, remove that awful vigor consumption for processing, alchemy and cooking please.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm pro Vigor System.

Vigor pool is lower then in AA.

There arn't any vigor potions in cash shop.

There is no stupid VIP System for double vigor recharge.

These Ultra high fast item enchances are blocked by by using vigor to craft.

Fishing should cost vigor, too.

the economic would be way more stable.

Edited by Kyle Ragnador
1 person likes this

Posted

I was rather enjoying being able to build up my energy while fishing. But I suppose I could live with it if certain other things like processing would make up for it. Guess it is kind of broken how fishing can earn so much silver without any energy requirement. (Other than negotiating with the trader for a better price :P )

Posted

As I said in other threads

Game is trying to be realistic as it can be, if it takes you energy to grab a weed or potato it should cost energy to make a nice dish, its not easier.

If you are afraid you can't mass product items, thats the goal.

This will bring balance and make items unique and valuable.

Vigor system is fine and works as it should in a realistic enviorment, fishing for 9 hours should be tiring and so is making 300 dishes.

you expect the night to be dark, stamina to run out, pets to be fed but, making food or brewing a potion in a lab to cost no energy?

This game is so remarkable at how it mimics real enviorment and I love it that way even if I have to fill a bottle in river water, its amazingly detailed.

Posted

I feel they are well aware of the animosity towards AA's labour system and the huge monetisation of it, and I doubt they will go down that route.

Most B2P games seem to focus on vanity and convenience with items like perm gathering tools (GW2), costumes, exp boosts and vanity pets as the focus

Posted

If they are aware of the animosity. Why did they attach energy requirements to processing/cooking/alchemy? Seems like they are completely unaware.

The Korean version of the game really has no faults. Why switch it?

And, since they did switch it, why not include Fishing in the switch? There is no reason why people should be allowed to fish infinitely (bag space) without penalty.

We have been asking for transparency for a while now. There seems to be no interest in answering anything regarding anything Cash Shop. It almost like they know that once the cash shop is revealed, we will all know that they hid behind the info.

1 person likes this

Posted

As for realism. If it costs energy to pull weeds, or gather potatoes. It should cost energy to swing your weapon and engage in combat.

Posted

Don't say that D: If you say that you make it real... Lol. In all seriousness though, I predicted this back at the beginning of alpha when they made processing cost energy. It's a very worrying move.

The good news is. Energy isn't as vital in BDO as labor was in ArcheAge. You can easily get by in BDO without using much energy and it's not nearly as profitable as using your labor was.

Posted

Energy is extremely vital.

In my example. Yuria Amulet requires a massive Energy sink in order to craft it. Yuria Amulet is one of the best Sorc weapons in the game. In fact, there really is no point in enchanting anything other than a Yuria. (For the Accuracy)

Sure. You don't have to use much energy to grind mobs all day, and sell the trash. But who wants to do that all day. AND since the only thing there is to do is GRIND GRIND GRIND, more people will be GRINDING at the usual GRIND places.

Seems like there really isint much to do anynmore.

Posted (edited)

I actually like the energy system, energy will mean that everything will retain value and keep the economy nice and balanced instead of raw materials being worthless because there are thousands available. I enjoyed fishing and questing during my energy downtime and I think that fishing (with a rod) not costing energy is fairly realistic, it's a hobby old men do IRL, I suppose fish are too valuable though.

I'm not sure I like the idea of processing stages not requiring energy though. If that were the case you could just max your processing skills by buying basic materials and processing them then selling them back in a very short time. That would then create an imbalance where the basic materials are worth more than the processed ones because people want them to skill up.

As long as they never add anything that gives any player an energy advantage over other players the system is beneficial. If they ever add anything like that I will quit instantly, the only reason I have yet to buy a package is because I worry that they will do something like that.

Edited by Khainegom

Posted

Energy is a SHITTON less of a hinderance as it was in ArcheAge, and provided DAUM keeps their word, then there won't be able to throw money at your screen to get energy back quicker.

I'm perfectly fine with it.

2 people like this

Posted

People go sport fishing all the time IRL. For big bucks.

The AA situation is looming. Trion made the labour changes the day before launch.

I want some transparency.

As for buying and selling on the marketplace. You get taxed 30% every time you make a transaction. This money is lost and can not be recovered. In Korea you can buy a value pack this tax, (down to somewhere near 7%) but we will not be getting this in NA as the game is a buy to play.

The rest of the items that are bought and sold have their prices predetermined by Daum. The players can not simply use supply and demand to determine an items value. This is another major issue, but slightly less important since the range is decent, and the +/- fluctuates over time.

Posted (edited)

Auction house cut in Korea is 35%. 30% is gone forever into the void just GONE, 5% goes to the guild owning the territory. If you had value pack in Korea you got 30% more of your final sale price so 100%- 35%= 65% > 65% x 1.30% = 84.5% meaning you'd lose about 15.5% of what an item was listed for if you had value pack in Korea. Seeing as we're buy to play I'm not sure how this is going to be handled in the launch version. And as much as they claim its supply and demand, prices have always been predetermined by the server and gone down to a floor price and its always capped at a ceiling price. The wiggle room between is determined by the players how high or low between the 2 #'s but its not like someone can buy all of one item and then magically double or triple the price of the item like you could in most mmo's. For example in korea atm Good pet food price min is 7600 meaning for several months the prices simply can't go below 7600 and the cap is 9000 although rarely at this price it simply can't go higher.

But back to the topic at hand, I'd like more people's opinions on energy/Vigor system/usage. It would be nice to get a few experienced players opinions on the matter at hand. As I feel new people just playing the beta for the first time barely have enough time to get their feet wet with all the intricacies of the game, let alone solely focusing on something like processing and other activities which now have an added energy cost.

Edited by Darkleaf84

Posted (edited)

wonky internet double post.

Edited by Darkleaf84

Posted

Auction house cut in Korea is 35%. 30% is gone forever into the void just GONE, 5% goes to the guild owning the territory. If you had value pack in Korea you got 30% more of your final sale price so 100%- 35%= 65% > 65% x 1.30% = 84.5% meaning you'd lose about 15.5% of what an item was listed for if you had value pack in Korea. Seeing as we're buy to play I'm not sure how this is going to be handled in the launch version. And as much as they claim its supply and demand, prices have always been predetermined by the server and gone down to a floor price and its always capped at a ceiling price. The wiggle room between is determined by the players how high or low between the 2 #'s but its not like someone can buy all of one item and then magically double or triple the price of the item like you could in most mmo's. For example in korea atm Good pet food price min is 7600 meaning for several months the prices simply can't go below 7600 and the cap is 9000 although rarely at this price it simply can't go higher.

But back to the topic at hand, I'd like more people's opinions on energy/Vigor system/usage. It would be nice to get a few experienced players opinions on the matter at hand. As I feel new people just playing the beta for the first time barely have enough time to get their feet wet with all the intricacies of the game, let alone solely focusing on something like processing and other activities which now have an added energy cost.

No need to be an experienced player to know two of things:

- It feels like a cheap mobile game.

- It'll probably be monetized, they'd be stupid not to do it.

Posted

If they dare cross the "convenience" line to that extent I'll be looking for the door. Simple as that. Too many games tried that nonsense and I have zero tolerance for it at this point. 

1 person likes this