• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[01/28/2017 Update] The Ultimate Valkyrie Gear/Skill/Combo Guide

425 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks. Teaching more valks how to kill me.
Like when I teach archers who aren't in my guild, I realize prior to, what it is I'm doing.

Setting myself up for failure.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'd like to point out that you can combo directly from righteous charge into the third hit of SoJ without the ultimate of righteous charge, you simply need to make sure righteous charge hits your opponent, it will then skip shield strike or skyward strike and combo directly into the 3rd hit of SoJ.

An example combo doing his might be Celestial spear > rigtheous charge > 3rd hit SoJ > grab > Sharp light > 3rd hit SoJ

A combo I use for PvE sometimes, to get behind and hit bosses, is...

Shield dash > skyward strike > 3rd hit SoJ.

It's a very mobile way to shortcut to the third hit of SoJ.

P.S. Great guide.

Edited by Climhazzard
3 people like this

Posted

Thx for your Guide mate is rlly good.

Can you link a guide for your skills points? 

Posted

Thank you for the guide, at this point I'm still leveling, but knowing what to work on and what to practice is a huge help. :)

Posted

What do you think about the Grunil/Neil armor set when it comes out will it be worth switching to that?

Posted

What do you think about the Grunil/Neil armor set when it comes out will it be worth switching to that?

Well Grunil is basically a Heve set with better stats and a lot of sockels. So you can get the Heve set bonos, just better, Ap increase if you take the full set and any set effect you want with the crystal sockets.

So yes, switching to it is a good idea.

Posted

I used it in korea then I used my taritas set on NA. The Grunil set is great, but I'd suggest going for boss gear like Bheg's gloves, Tree spirit chest, etc. when mediah comes out. After you get a piece or two of that, then try putting some grunil on. The average price of boss gear could range 20mil+ so i'd start saving. Grunil is great for its sockets and is considered the "Jack of all trades" gear where it's fine on all classes due to the extra gems you can put in. If your gear is already +13 and above then dont bother, but if it's below that then go with grunil.

Posted

*Don't hotkey your skills, they waste mana, learn to use key combinations*

How so is mana wasted?

Posted

How so is mana wasted?

There's a tooltip description that clearly states the SP consumption increases per usage. Which means the more you use it via hotkeys, the more you're going to drain your SP compared to using it through the key combination given which is a consistent consumption.

Posted

How so is mana wasted?

yUMaVaR (1).png

1 person likes this

Posted

There's a tooltip description that clearly states the SP consumption increases per usage. Which means the more you use it via hotkeys, the more you're going to drain your SP compared to using it through the key combination given which is a consistent consumption.

yUMaVaR (1).png

Thank You i never knew that!!!

My next question is what accessory are everyone running? Like how important is it to have witch/mark/orge/tree items for valk? Reason i ask is I have all of these but i want to get my dp upward to 200. So what items would be worth selling to buy dp items for replacement? This is all while still wanting to be around 80> AP. 

Posted

Thank You i never knew that!!!

My next question is what accessory are everyone running? Like how important is it to have witch/mark/orge/tree items for valk? Reason i ask is I have all of these but i want to get my dp upward to 200. So what items would be worth selling to buy dp items for replacement? This is all while still wanting to be around 80> AP. 

I personaly keep the tree spirit belt for the accuracy on it and I'm using a Duo bares necklace aswell. I have the quest earrings and ring at pri so they give me 6ap and 1dp. My DP set includes token of friendships and shrine guardian tokens while retaining the necklace. Eventually when i get a talis necklace to tri i'll be keeping that. When mediah comes out, try going for the ancient weapon core + Necklace combo. Those are nice accessories that give you an accuracy bonus of +5. I'd sell your witch and mark of shadows and keep the belt and ogre ring.

Posted

I personaly keep the tree spirit belt for the accuracy on it and I'm using a Duo bares necklace aswell. I have the quest earrings and ring at pri so they give me 6ap and 1dp. My DP set includes token of friendships and shrine guardian tokens while retaining the necklace. Eventually when i get a talis necklace to tri i'll be keeping that. When mediah comes out, try going for the ancient weapon core + Necklace combo. Those are nice accessories that give you an accuracy bonus of +5. I'd sell your witch and mark of shadows and keep the belt and ogre ring.

Thanks for the response. Mind posting your updated gear screenshot? I use to always go back and look at the one you posted in another thread. Just wanna see what your stats looking like now.

Posted

I had the impulsive decision to destroy my accessories today(Silly me for not having a backup) so here is my current set for AP.

Screenshot_1.png

Posted

What do you think about sharp light ultimate? i'm almost 52 and i'm a little undecided

Posted (edited)

Why do you think Glaring slash is bad?

For me its only skill that  kept me fighting in harder locations such as Abandoned moanstery and Kzarka shrine.

Ofc its totally useless in pvp, but for pve it has fine dmg + very good heal

Edited by Rohac

Posted

Why do you think Glaring slash is bad?

For me its only skill that  kept me fighting in harder locations such as Abandoned moanstery and Kzarka shrine.

Ofc its totally useless in pvp, but for pve it has fine dmg + very good heal

The damage of glaring slash doesn't compare to the damage of celestial spear + Shield throw. If you got breath of elion rank 3, it's available every 40 seconds, should take advantage of that. I take glaring slash rank 1 because i can SoJ cancel with it

What do you think about sharp light ultimate? i'm almost 52 and i'm a little undecided

Sharp light is the type of skill that you'd want to get rank 1 in at first. It's an okay skill but the points could be better spent in other skills for pvp/pve. I mainly take sharplight for the SoJ cancel in pvp but slowly going to work for rank 4 to get the knockdown from it

Posted

The damage of glaring slash doesn't compare to the damage of celestial spear + Shield throw. If you got breath of elion rank 3, it's available every 40 seconds, should take advantage of that. I take glaring slash rank 1 because i can SoJ cancel with it

Ok, thanks

And what do you use as DP generator? I feel like Vow of trust is really stupid way to generate some DP

that leaves me with forward slash, just counter and sharp light, iam leaning towards just counter to be the best since i dont want to play purely offensive nor defensive - waiting for mobs to hit me while blocking

Posted

Ok, thanks

And what do you use as DP generator? I feel like Vow of trust is really stupid way to generate some DP

that leaves me with forward slash, just counter and sharp light, iam leaning towards just counter to be the best since i dont want to play purely offensive nor defensive - waiting for mobs to hit me while blocking

I usually don't run into DP problems since I have the taritas set. With 480 dp i'm able to spam my skills then by the time i'm done spamming I can cast breath of elion or if needed, i can quickly do shift space bar to get enough stamina for one hit then it should be off cooldown.  Just counter is a great way to gain DP back and it actually inflicts stiffness on the target, which is a nice CC.When you're doing shield throw > Celestial Spear > Shield throw in pve, try pushing W and Shift and you'll shield dash forward in defense stance where if you're still holding down you can hit left click to go into counter, if you spec'd into just counter and flow.

Posted

what do you think about 50%heve - 50%Taritas to get max SP, movement, castspeeed & luck?

or do you think movement is useles? i like the bonus of 2 extra sockets 4 some special bonus. i´m not sure about the 2x +2 movement. i think about switching to knockdown resis...

i know i lack in breath and health...

move.jpg

Posted

what do you think about 50%heve - 50%Taritas to get max SP, movement, castspeeed & luck?

or do you think movement is useles? i like the bonus of 2 extra sockets 4 some special bonus. i´m not sure about the 2x +2 movement. i think about switching to knockdown resis...

i know i lack in breath and health...

move.jpg

For your accessories. There are some hourly quests you can do to get 2 tokens per hour. 3 tokens = 3ap accessory, 5 = 4ap accessory, 10 = 5ap accessory. That should boost your ap by alot. The Heve is okay sorta, but that 5 accuracy is very useful. With that being said, you can replace your belt with a rhutum elite belt possibly, I personally use my boots slot for the nature crystal that i put in the guide. Movement speed is cool and all but it's not a necessity you need for valk since we have some gap closers that can help you get to people. Like the jump slash traveling i mentioned, the W+F, sideways cut then Right click. The jump slash movement can overcome any movement speed you need. Also if you really want the 2 slots in gear you can pick up grunil armor. Seeing how you're at around +7 and +8, i would go ahead and start investing in grunil tomorrow. My gear is already +15 so by the time i'd get grunil to 15, i'd imagine i'd have some boss gear so it would be useless seing how boss gear is best in slot. Also check out the coral accessories coming tomorrow :)

Posted

Hi! I have been testing the Glaring slash into SoJ combo but it won't cancel directly into the 3rd hit, for me it cancels into the 2nd hit of SoJ. I only have the first rank in Glaring slash but according to one of your posts so do you? I'm pretty sure I'm doing the combo right, any idea on why it doesn't work for me? 

Also I've seen some speculation on whether ranking up Sharp light past X rank will remove the Sharp light into SoJ combo, anyone have any experience with this? I currently have rank 2 on Sharp light and it combos perfectly into SoJ.

Posted

Hi! I have been testing the Glaring slash into SoJ combo but it won't cancel directly into the 3rd hit, for me it cancels into the 2nd hit of SoJ. I only have the first rank in Glaring slash but according to one of your posts so do you? I'm pretty sure I'm doing the combo right, any idea on why it doesn't work for me? 

Also I've seen some speculation on whether ranking up Sharp light past X rank will remove the Sharp light into SoJ combo, anyone have any experience with this? I currently have rank 2 on Sharp light and it combos perfectly into SoJ.

If you do glaring slash once, it'll auto do the 2nd hit into SoJ. Glaring slash is so quick that it's almost the speed of sharp light into SoJ. Currently I acquired more skill points to where I can have sharp light 4 in my build. It gives me a knockdown now instead of knockback. With that I can still do the SoJ combo just fine. Just remember that after using sharp light it'll get a cooldown, you can only do the SoJ combo when it's not on cooldown

Posted

i have a question about skill priorities. im currently 51 with my SOJ ultimate maxed. Should i go for righteous charge ult first or sharp light IV for the knock down next?