• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[01/28/2017 Update] The Ultimate Valkyrie Gear/Skill/Combo Guide

425 posts in this topic

Posted

I did a small stream of the awakening 2 days ago. Going to do another tomorrow. I also updated the guide to include the Valkyrie Discord. Check it out. It can definitely help you guys get help and tips.

https://discord.gg/DJq7fRD

1 person likes this

Posted

Link to your stream?

Posted

Updated the Guide for new player progression with gear that is now relevant to Valencia instead of Pre mediah stuff. I also added some Awakening information and will be putting in combos a little later tonight. I saved a rough draft incase my internet went out.

Posted

Updated the Guide for new player progression with gear that is now relevant to Valencia instead of Pre mediah stuff. I also added some Awakening information and will be putting in combos a little later tonight. I saved a rough draft incase my internet went out.

couple of additions and corrections Andross. You get the movement speed buff from A + LMB or D + LMB as an option. You can press D + LMB and then quickly Q to get a movement speed buff and enter shield stance. it'l lcancel your LMB to shield.

Also Terra Sancta is a slow attack with super armor that does decent damage, I dont think it buffs S + LMB

Posted

couple of additions and corrections Andross. You get the movement speed buff from A + LMB or D + LMB as an option. You can press D + LMB and then quickly Q to get a movement speed buff and enter shield stance. it'l lcancel your LMB to shield.

Also Terra Sancta is a slow attack with super armor that does decent damage, I dont think it buffs S + LMB

Was going to add the A+LMB and D+LMB stuff with Q in the tips section for awakening and thanks for the typo on terra sancta!

Posted

SKILLS:

pvw_skill_1945.thumb.png.18dc5ca26d53f1d Lancia Training - Your basic lance lmb. You dont need to level this up but I do it anyway. This skill is unique because on the third hit, it gives you a movement speed buff. This skill can be used to kite around to get behind enemies if used effectively. The movement speed buff helps with that.

pvw_skill_1963.thumb.png.69bde4b5f9a9516 Sacrum Ferit - This is your main damage spam skill that you'll be using most of the time. Leveling this up is highly recommended as the damage increases per level. This gives stiffness if used from guard stance which is a great CC and even a small evasion buff.

pvw_skill_1958.thumb.png.4b0ebafabe6dc8a Castigatio - Another nice skill with our awakening that can be used only once by hitting S+lmb or for 3 quick hits by holding it down. I highly recommend this skill too

pvw_skill_1968.thumb.png.73a5650cec46aad Verdict: Lancia Lustitiae - I personally don't like using this skill until I hit 59 which unlocks Revelation Sanctus. The skill consumes a lot of resources. In PVP this skill is situational and can be used to surprise oponents and hitting them with a CC.  Use it when they least expect it. A plus is that it gives us super armor and the damage actually isn't that bad.

pvw_skill_1955.thumb.png.7c28c545a2c3f89 Purificatione - This is one of my favorite skills in our kit. It has 100% accuracy, it stuns the target if it hit and works as a great opener. In pve, on top of stunning it also spins the target. Think of this as your shield throw alternative (but shouldn't be spammed as shield throw). You can use this from guard stance and it works fine. Use this in PVP if you find it hard to CC your oponent. Predict where your opponent is going to go then use it.

pvw_skill_1972.thumb.png.2b321309a592466 Hastiludium - This skill works like your old righteous charge skill but with a few more benefits. It provides super armor, it can CC your target, it provides knockdown resistance by 30% for 10 seconds and does an okay amount of damage. A tip for this skill is that on the NA/EU version as of 11/17/2016 you can animation cancel this move with Lmb to provide a faster dash. KR got an update to make this skill go faster, but we have yet to receive it.

pvw_skill_1975.thumb.png.9870f2f6a3876fc Sanctitas de Enslar - This skill another favorite of mine. This skill hits your target with a "mark" for 938% damage. Once they are hit with that mark you then go airborne and hit the marked target. If your marked target ends up dying or going out of range, you'll end up doing the skill where you are standing and wont teleport. People comonly combo this with Wave of light. A wonderful thing about this skill is that it can be used with Celestial spear. You would start out by hitting S+E then F immediately afterwards and you'll do a quick combo. Once your Black spirit rage hits 100%, you'll end up doing a longer channel but massively more damage. This skill makes you invincible while airborne and its supposed to provide super armor while in use.

pvw_skill_1981.thumb.png.01b1b7c74581807 Flow: Lucem Fluxum - This skill will more than likely be used while in your RMB spam rotation (Just hold down RMB), it's a nice damage boost on top of the spam and it's a recommended skill to take when you hit level 57.

pvw_skill_1967.thumb.png.e1c9b3abdc75267 Wave of Light - This is the most helpful skill in your entire kit and your guild will love you in sieges/node wars for it. It's basically an Aoe pull that has the same marking feature I described with Sanctitas. It marks your target then pulls other targets toward them. If there is no target to be marked, it'll still pull people ahead of you where you are aiming. This can be used with some other skills for great combos.

pvw_skill_1985.thumb.png.656dfb549068f7d Promptness - If i had to pick a favorite skill from our awakening, it would be this skill. This skill is used by the spacebar. I've noticed plenty of people using the "C" button in their rotations and it could easily be replaced with "spacebar" for promptness. Promptness is a great filler, it can be used after almost every skill on our tree (even in sword and board). IT can be used after just counter, shield throw and even the awakening skills. Best of all it causes stiffness which is a nice CC to someone. Promptness is even used in the Valkyrie movement dash which i will cover later in this guide.

pvw_skill_1982.thumb.png.ff30d88651ae855 Flow: Breath of Elion - This ability lets you use Breath of Elion from your sword/shield class while in awakening stance. I'd highly recommend this skill since it saves you from swapping modes to heal. The requirement is that you must have it learned on your sword/shield in order to use it

pvw_skill_1978.thumb.png.04c0a75f36baf18 Blitz Stab - This skill sorta reminds me of Sword of Judgment pre awakening. It has a huge amount of damage, it causes tick damage. It should be taken as a priority of course

pvw_skill_1984.thumb.png.9574998489e23a4 Flow: Revelation Sanctus - This actually makes your Shift + RMB useful and does way more damage. I love this skill.

pvw_skill_1983.thumb.png.815f7b4fe917bf1 Terra Sancta - This makes your S+LMB a lot stronger and it should be taken as soon as you get the level to use it. This makes your attack so much stronger

i found a couple errors in your skill introductions that i wanted to point out for you.

pvw_skill_1945.thumb.png.18dc5ca26d53f1d Lancia Training: the greatest thing about this is NOT the third hit movement speed increase, but the fact that you get the movement speed increase with a single a/d+lmb. you also NEED to level this because at 59 the movement speed increase goes to 20% for 10 seconds.

pvw_skill_1963.thumb.png.69bde4b5f9a9516 Sacrum Ferit: you dont need to use this from guard to get the stiffness. the very first attack in the sequence is the shield bash that will stun

pvw_skill_1958.thumb.png.4b0ebafabe6dc8a Castigatio: this is our main CC skill in pvp. it is a KD every 4 seconds. you need to hold it down for all hits as each hit of the 3 can knock down, and you never know when someone will bounce into the range of it. it also does quite good dmg.

pvw_skill_1972.thumb.png.2b321309a592466 Hastiludium - it lowers their knockdown resistance by 30%, it doesnt raise our resistance.

pvw_skill_1975.thumb.png.9870f2f6a3876fc Sanctitas de Enslar : your description here is kinda misleading. it doesn't "mark" your target when you use it. it, in fact, will cause you to jump to whomever you currently have targeted at the time of the jump in your crosshairs. this is especially important to know for when  you use the 100% version. you can change your target as many times as  you need, so make sure you are always tracking a target while using this skil;, even if the original target dies.

pvw_skill_1967.thumb.png.e1c9b3abdc75267 Wave of Light: this skill actually marks the ground, but CAN focus on a target. depending on how you use this, you MIGHT have to turn off automatic target assistance, but if you do you need to be VERY good with targetting sanctitas and celestial spear. also, this skill is more than just a pull, it will also inflict bound on people hit by the wave, making this a great skill to combo with 100% sanctitas and verdict.

pvw_skill_1985.thumb.png.656dfb549068f7d Promptness you said you would cover it later, but you didnt, so death line chase + promptness combo actually DOESNT use spacebar, but it is w+shift > lmb and will inflict an all important float CC. the CC is also disabled during cooldown, so try to save it for floating as most people neglect floating CC res due to the lack of classes with the ability to inflict this CC.

pvw_skill_1978.thumb.png.04c0a75f36baf18 Blitz Stab: it reminds you of SoJ? why? it has a 9 second cooldown. SoJ is sacrum ferit. this is your buff skill. put pvp/pve ap increase (whichever you prefer) on this skill and use it on cooldown.

pvw_skill_1983.thumb.png.815f7b4fe917bf1 Terra Sancta: S+RMB, not LMB. this attack has two parts, the wave and the smash. the smash is a pretty close range hit, while the wave after hits the same area plus quite a good distance out. i hoghly suggest using this in close quarters, gives super armor, and both the wave and smash parts inflict bound, and it turns the entire attack into a down attack if the close range smash hits a target.

now, since you dont really have any combos listed, ill list a few and you can use whatever you want out of it.

shift+W > LMB = promptness with float CC

SWORD CANCELS TO LANCE (any of these are animation cancels. you dont have to do the entire skill to hit space and enter lancia stance, you can swap at any point)

S+E (celestial spear) > SPACE = prompness into lancia stance

S+RMB(SoJ) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

RMB+LMB(severing light) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

RMB (shield strike) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

A/D + LMB (sideways cut) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

shift + W > LMB (charging slash) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

W+LMB (forward slash) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

S+Q (shield throw) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

W+LMB (from guard)(just counter) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

shift+LMB (sharp light) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

shift+f (divine power) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

s+LMB+RMB (glaring slash) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

S+E(celestial spear) > F = sanctitas de enslar into lancia stance

ok so some basic combos to tail off of this, to combo into lancia stance: (ill be using acronyms for skills for this)

CS > SoJ > SPACE

SL > SOJ > SPACE

CS > SoJ > punishment > SL > SOJ > SPACE

Movement animation cancel: (Back to key presses)

LMB > SPACE > W+SHIFT - the faster you do this, the faster you can go. remember the distance will be dependent on your stamina bar.

Basic awakened combos:

S+F > F

S+F > SHIFT+RMB (hold RMB once you are lvl 59 for the extra flow damage)

S+LMB > W+RMB > RMB

SHIFT+LMB > SPACE > W+RMB > RMB

W+F > S+LMB

A big long combo

so, if we take everything we see here, we can follow into something like this:

SHIFT+W > LMB > SHIFT+LMB > SPACE > W+f > S+LMB > W+RMB > RMB > S+F > F >S+E > S+RMB > E > SHIFT+LMB > S+RMB > SPACE > S+RMB > S+LMB > W+RMB > RMB 

these are a few things you can do, play around with it, and have fun :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i found a couple errors in your skill introductions that i wanted to point out for you.

pvw_skill_1945.thumb.png.18dc5ca26d53f1d Lancia Training: the greatest thing about this is NOT the third hit movement speed increase, but the fact that you get the movement speed increase with a single a/d+lmb. you also NEED to level this because at 59 the movement speed increase goes to 20% for 10 seconds.

pvw_skill_1963.thumb.png.69bde4b5f9a9516 Sacrum Ferit: you dont need to use this from guard to get the stiffness. the very first attack in the sequence is the shield bash that will stun

pvw_skill_1958.thumb.png.4b0ebafabe6dc8a Castigatio: this is our main CC skill in pvp. it is a KD every 4 seconds. you need to hold it down for all hits as each hit of the 3 can knock down, and you never know when someone will bounce into the range of it. it also does quite good dmg.

pvw_skill_1972.thumb.png.2b321309a592466 Hastiludium - it lowers their knockdown resistance by 30%, it doesnt raise our resistance.

pvw_skill_1975.thumb.png.9870f2f6a3876fc Sanctitas de Enslar : your description here is kinda misleading. it doesn't "mark" your target when you use it. it, in fact, will cause you to jump to whomever you currently have targeted at the time of the jump in your crosshairs. this is especially important to know for when  you use the 100% version. you can change your target as many times as  you need, so make sure you are always tracking a target while using this skil;, even if the original target dies.

pvw_skill_1967.thumb.png.e1c9b3abdc75267 Wave of Light: this skill actually marks the ground, but CAN focus on a target. depending on how you use this, you MIGHT have to turn off automatic target assistance, but if you do you need to be VERY good with targetting sanctitas and celestial spear. also, this skill is more than just a pull, it will also inflict bound on people hit by the wave, making this a great skill to combo with 100% sanctitas and verdict.

pvw_skill_1985.thumb.png.656dfb549068f7d Promptness you said you would cover it later, but you didnt, so death line chase + promptness combo actually DOESNT use spacebar, but it is w+shift > lmb and will inflict an all important float CC. the CC is also disabled during cooldown, so try to save it for floating as most people neglect floating CC res due to the lack of classes with the ability to inflict this CC.

pvw_skill_1978.thumb.png.04c0a75f36baf18 Blitz Stab: it reminds you of SoJ? why? it has a 9 second cooldown. SoJ is sacrum ferit. this is your buff skill. put pvp/pve ap increase (whichever you prefer) on this skill and use it on cooldown.

pvw_skill_1983.thumb.png.815f7b4fe917bf1 Terra Sancta: S+RMB, not LMB. this attack has two parts, the wave and the smash. the smash is a pretty close range hit, while the wave after hits the same area plus quite a good distance out. i hoghly suggest using this in close quarters, gives super armor, and both the wave and smash parts inflict bound, and it turns the entire attack into a down attack if the close range smash hits a target.

^ This move does mark the target. Try using it a boss without the initial mark connecting and youll land in place (if you have people between you and the boss) unless your hugging the boss directly. i've tested this in RBF and at bheg with my latest test being minutes ago on Edan.

I think it is similar to SoJ because of how quickly it comes out and how hard it hits. Before we had lancia we would set up to land our quick and deadly SoJ. the same logic applies here with blitz usually near the end of a combo.
Edited by NiTianErXing

Posted

I think it is similar to SoJ because of how quickly it comes out and how hard it hits. Before we had lancia we would set up to land our quick and deadly SoJ. the same logic applies here with blitz usually near the end of a combo.

while this is true, you NEED to use it towards the beginning, due to it having the +10pvp ap/+25 pve ap

^ This move does mark the target. Try using it a boss without the initial mark connecting and youll land in place (if you have people between you and the boss) unless your hugging the boss directly. i've tested this in RBF and at bheg with my latest test being minutes ago on Edan.

as far as this, this is wrong. go to the combat dummies in heidel and try it. you can target nothing, use the skill, camera swing to the dummies, and still land on them.

Posted

now, since you dont really have any combos listed, ill list a few and you can use whatever you want out of it.

shift+W > LMB = promptness with float CC

SWORD CANCELS TO LANCE (any of these are animation cancels. you dont have to do the entire skill to hit space and enter lancia stance, you can swap at any point)

S+E (celestial spear) > SPACE = prompness into lancia stance

S+RMB(SoJ) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

RMB+LMB(severing light) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

RMB (shield strike) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

A/D + LMB (sideways cut) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

shift + W > LMB (charging slash) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

W+LMB (forward slash) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

S+Q (shield throw) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

W+LMB (from guard)(just counter) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

shift+LMB (sharp light) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

shift+f (divine power) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

s+LMB+RMB (glaring slash) > SPACE = promptness into lancia stance

S+E(celestial spear) > F = sanctitas de enslar into lancia stance

ok so some basic combos to tail off of this, to combo into lancia stance: (ill be using acronyms for skills for this)

CS > SoJ > SPACE

SL > SOJ > SPACE

CS > SoJ > punishment > SL > SOJ > SPACE

Movement animation cancel: (Back to key presses)

LMB > SPACE > W+SHIFT - the faster you do this, the faster you can go. remember the distance will be dependent on your stamina bar.

Basic awakened combos:

S+F > F

S+F > SHIFT+RMB (hold RMB once you are lvl 59 for the extra flow damage)

S+LMB > W+RMB > RMB

SHIFT+LMB > SPACE > W+RMB > RMB

W+F > S+LMB

A big long combo

so, if we take everything we see here, we can follow into something like this:

SHIFT+W > LMB > SHIFT+LMB > SPACE > W+f > S+LMB > W+RMB > RMB > S+F > F >S+E > S+RMB > E > SHIFT+LMB > S+RMB > SPACE > S+RMB > S+LMB > W+RMB > RMB 

these are a few things you can do, play around with it, and have fun :D

Marvelous dude, Appreciate the time and effort into it. I'll be adding this. I never really went and tested the marking out on Dummys, always noticed it just hitting the NPCs with marking damage .

Thanks for pointing out my errors everyone. I wrote this pretty late where I was and thats part of the reason why I didn't finish the guide, was because I was tired :P

1 person likes this

Posted

1) while this is true, you NEED to use it towards the beginning, due to it having the +10pvp ap/+25 pve ap

2) as far as this, this is wrong. go to the combat dummies in heidel and try it. you can target nothing, use the skill, camera swing to the dummies, and still land on them.

1) Just based on the combo I have been using it feels more viable near the end because there is nothing I can chain into it to continue my combo after wards.

2) It must be situational then, because since I like to use it as an escape as well, I notice when it doesnt go off and yet sometimes it goes further than expected in RBF on people I have clipped. 

Posted

as far as this, this is wrong. go to the combat dummies in heidel and try it. you can target nothing, use the skill, camera swing to the dummies, and still land on them.

While I agree you can change target any time during the casting, there is an initial first ranged hit doing damage to the target you had when starting to cast (killed someone with just that). Not much of a marking mechanic though.

Posted

I love you Andross

Posted

Valkyrie isn't exactly a combo class, they are more sustain damage than anything.Everytime you land a CC or grab you can only really do a quick lance down + LMB, W + RMB, or lance F. You can't really combo like giant or range.

The only time you can really combo someone is if you downsmash them, but that's very RNG. Wish diminishing returns on CC wasn't so bad on Valk.

Posted

Thank you Raines for pointing out an error i had in the socketting information. I meant to put +5 cast speed instead of attack speed when referring to the +5 evasion gems :P

Posted (edited)

Thank you Andross for all of the work you put in to post this information.

Edited by Hakeo

Posted (edited)

Shield Chase > Grab > Cele Spear (Make sure you get the crit buff, don't space too early) > Space (Switch to lance) > Down + LMB is okay IMO. Very good answer to people using telegraphed stuff at the wrong time. But you have to have 200 AP like SY J or your damage is gonna be pennies :(

Edited by andy1213

Posted

Shield Chase > Grab > Cele Spear (Make sure you get the crit buff, don't space too early) > Space (Switch to lance) > Down + LMB is okay IMO. Very good answer to people using telegraphed stuff at the wrong time. But you have to have 200 AP like SY J or your damage is gonna be pennies :(

Yeah dude it sucks that we need that high of AP to do damage :/

Posted (edited)

Yeah dude it sucks that we need that high of AP to do damage :/

S + LMB scales insanely well with AP luckily. I've seen SY J almost one shot someone. You can also trait 15% down smash on it and if it procs, you can probably land a W + RMB, sad that it has to be RNG tho. I will probably fail stack on a blue Lance to TET and if it goes TET I'll play Valk a little bit more, maybe put some videos if I do get to 200 AP. Giant too op atm tho.

Edited by andy1213

Posted

Just sharing the info since I didn't think it would work.

I tried to use my ult on a player standing on a rooftop in RBF and at my greatest surprise (and his !) it worked !

Very fun to drop from the skies on someone that felt totally secure :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Did anyone see the Tri Server tournament finals? Zizdy a valk from UNO demolished everyone up until the final 4...I was actually impressed with how he was running the valk, making them extremely mobile. the vods are probably up on bladeboques twitch, but he hasn't uploading anything but the finals to his youtube channel yet

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was cheering for him mainly because he was a Valkyrie lol. I'm glad a Valkyrie made it honestly.

Edited by Hakeo

Posted

Someone can say me, how i can switch awakening's weapon and primary's weapon (my kzarka), 

I use : 

-  s + e for awak to kzarka

but i didn't find the other side (kzarka to awak, with other key than C) 

Posted (edited)

Someone can say me, how i can switch awakening's weapon and primary's weapon (my kzarka), 

I use : 

-  s + e for awak to kzarka

but i didn't find the other side (kzarka to awak, with other key than C) 

During some skills you may press spacebar to switch back to Awakening. My favourite pattern is Shield Chase back, then pressing space. The Valk performs a forward trust attack with Lancia. You may also start SoJ, then press space, and it will switch to lancia. EDIT: come to think you may have to get Promptness skill to enable all the space transitions, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

One of my fav combo is S+F to gather monsters, Celestial Spear (S+E), Sword of Justice (S+RMB), Into Lancia (SPACE), S+LMB a few times, W+RMB or W+F, to kill eventual survivors, then I start again from Celestial Spear. 

Edited by Mjollnir
1 person likes this

Posted

During some skills you may press spacebar to switch back to Awakening. My favourite pattern is Shield Chase back, then pressing space. The Valk performs a forward trust attack with Lancia. You may also start SoJ, then press space, and it will switch to lancia. EDIT: come to think you may have to get Promptness skill to enable all the space transitions, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

One of my fav combo is S+F to gather monsters, Celestial Spear (S+E), Sword of Justice (S+RMB), Into Lancia (SPACE), S+LMB a few times, W+RMB or W+F, to kill eventual survivors, then I start again from Celestial Spear. 

Thanks a lot, a try it after update :P 

Posted

Andross, thanks to you i am more happy and also deadly with my valk main B| THX so much!