• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[01/28/2017 Update] The Ultimate Valkyrie Gear/Skill/Combo Guide

425 posts in this topic

Posted

Someone can say me, how i can switch awakening's weapon and primary's weapon (my kzarka), 

I use : 

-  s + e for awak to kzarka

but i didn't find the other side (kzarka to awak, with other key than C) 

promptness (space)

Posted (edited)

None (Fail) 

Edited by Zayres

Posted (edited)

None (Fail) 

what? are u saying you cant go from longsword to lance without hitting C?

Edited by Lick_MyCrit

Posted

what? are u saying you cant go from longsword to lance without hitting C?

Looking at the engrish he posted and your brief answer he probably took you literally and just started spamming space bar to see if it swapped :U.... (would have been a funny sight to see him jump around screaming y dis awakening no work.)

To clarify on what the Crit that is Licking the potatoes had posted. If you press Space bar after certain actions while using your "Kzarka" you can swap to awakening. (granted that you have the skill "promptness" leveled up.) Try hitting spacebar after using an attack i.e.:

S+E > Space bar

Shield Chase > Space bar

RMB + A or D > Spacebar

1 person likes this

Posted

Crit that is Licking the potatoes

:P oooh I like that, will it fit in the name box for my dark knight?

1 person likes this

Posted

:P oooh I like that, will it fit in the name box for my dark knight?

I dun think so :<..... Also I tried to make the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee but that didn't fit in the stupid guild thingar T_T... N> new guild name :<.

Posted

None (Fail) 

you need a bit of timing, and check you've taken Promptness skill (in the awakening section), check also you don't have some weird skill lock.

At first seems a bit complex, but really after a while it comes in just naturally and the space bar press becomes automatical.

Posted

Is Krea Longsword of Temptation a good alternative? Personally, think it's better than Yuria...

Posted (edited)

Is Krea Longsword of Temptation a good alternative? Personally, think it's better than Yuria...

No ? It has less ap, no human damage both has accuracy and ap increase on enchant and the yuria has human damage on enchant on top.

If you're talking about the accuracy, it is if you have the whole set. Unless you are saying that an upgraded Krea is better than a not upgraded yuria, which could be the case, won't check since you can perfectly upgrade a yuria and it will be better.

It's not a bad weapon if you're starting though. It should be even cheaper than a yuria and it isn't that far from having the same effectiveness.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

No ? It has less ap, no human damage both has accuracy and ap increase on enchant and the yuria has human damage on enchant on top.

If you're talking about the accuracy, it is if you have the whole set. Unless you are saying that an upgraded Krea is better than a not upgraded yuria, which could be the case, won't check since you can perfectly upgrade a yuria and it will be better.

It's not a bad weapon if you're starting though. It should be even cheaper than a yuria and it isn't that far from having the same effectiveness.

Is human damage that important? I mean, are human enemies that frequent in BDO? I haven't been past 40 yet so I don't PVP (al lI know is that human damage applies only to human enemies and players).

Posted (edited)

Is human damage that important? I mean, are human enemies that frequent in BDO? I haven't been past 40 yet so I don't PVP (al lI know is that human damage applies only to human enemies and players).

It's not really that importat, it's a plus. It was at the start of the game when we were expecting to use our weapon for a while but these days I think you should just be looking after a weapon that will carry you through pve until you have enough money to buy at least a Liverto. So don't worry to much, as I said it's probably a good cheap weapon if you are starting.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

most of the places you farm will be humans....sausans, pirates, bandits, not to mention pvp

Posted

Nah, the scaling between Human damage and AP are too much of a differencs. Ap weighs more than Attack and Human damage by a significant amount. However, the ultimate yuria is fine for new people. In terms of weapon progression, id go yuria < liverto < kzarka. I'd also save up silver and buy the liverto. Its insanely cheaper to do that.

Posted (edited)

2016_12_27_346102887.jpgfree photo hosting

Need to get Muskan boots then I am switching to Rocaba head/gloves and tree spirit armor. Does anyone else use evasive set up? Will I hit with no bheg gloves?

I need to upgrade those duo witches and wondering whether to get 2 x tet red coral or go for 2 x tri witches.

Edited by Mountain Hound

Posted

what is Pre-Awakening skills that are still frequently used after Awakening?

Posted

what is Pre-Awakening skills that are still frequently used after Awakening?

I still use most of them since back then, I had enough Skill Points to max all skills out (except kicks ofc), IMHO, the most effective are Celestial Spear, Shield Chase, Punishment and the good old Sword Of Justice - these are frequent in my rotations - mostly due to their added effects. Shield Throw is still somewhat good, but depends on situations.

CS: for the crit buff, Sword Of Justice: damage is still good, Shield Chase: gap closers, never have enough, Punishment: it's crappy, but it's our only grab.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Leonheart

I still use most of them since back then, I had enough Skill Points to max all skills out (except kicks ofc), IMHO, the most effective are Celestial Spear, Shield Chase, Punishment and the good old Sword Of Justice - these are frequent in my rotations - mostly due to their added effects. Shield Throw is still somewhat good, but depends on situations.

CS: for the crit buff, Sword Of Justice: damage is still good, Shield Chase: gap closers, never have enough, Punishment: it's crappy, but it's our only grab.

This. Core ones are CS (for switching weapons and crit buff), the grab (like Mjollnir said : it's the only one we have) and Shield Chase (for switch, gap closing, getting out of a zerg, etc valkyrie would be unplayable without that skill imho).

I very rarely use it but SoJ damage is still relevant with the ultimate (nice for PvE if you are still a bit low level/AP and nice enough in PvP if you can manage to land one between a CS and a grab for example), same for Shield Throw (PVE only though, Shield Throw function in PvP is an unprotected Purificatione, no real point using it after awakening imho).

Would add righteous charge if you have the points available though, I still use it often as I like the fact that it uses stamina only and it is a natural gap closer in 1v1 if you manage to land a CS from range.

Edited by WeaselPaw
2 people like this

Posted

@Leonheart

This. Core ones are CS (for switching weapons and crit buff), the grab (like Mjollnir said : it's the only one we have) and Shield Chase (for switch, gap closing, getting out of a zerg, etc valkyrie would be unplayable without that skill imho).

I very rarely use it but SoJ damage is still relevant with the ultimate (nice for PvE if you are still a bit low level/AP and nice enough in PvP if you can manage to land one between a CS and a grab for example), same for Shield Throw (PVE only though, Shield Throw function in PvP is an unprotected Purificatione, no real point using it after awakening imho).

Would add righteous charge if you have the points available though, I still use it often as I like the fact that it uses stamina only and it is a natural gap closer in 1v1 if you manage to land a CS from range.

thankyou for all of your suggestion. it helps a lot.

Posted

thankyou for all of your suggestion. it helps a lot.

Np, it just occurred to me that we forgot some stuff though.

You obviously want to keep Breath Of Elion (as you can use it in Lancia stance if you pick the flow) and Elion's Blessing is nearly mandatory if you PvP.

If you have the skill points you could consider Sideway Cut to reduce the stamina usage as I tend to use it a bit and Heaven's Echo which isn't that useful atm (but it allows tanking in PvE and in PvP it's an insta 20 DP buff, not amazing but it's still something) but should become mandatory when we get the last KR buff (DP buff stacking with block DP buff in awakening stance + accuracy buff for ourselves).

1 person likes this

Posted

I think its always better to use your awakening s+LMB after grapple or cs rather than SoJ. Especially witht the 10% downsmash addon. What I also didnt like about SoJ was that you need to instantly cancel it for it to work. Which gets you in the bad position of CS missing or desyncing or just not hitting for whatever reason while you are in the canceled SoJ animation and get -----d by an enemy frontblock or iframe skill right into your face. With grapple, space,s+LMB you still have this short moment while switching to lance to see whether or not you hit and also correct your aiming in case of desync (repositioning of the downed enemy). You are also more vulnerable in normal stance so I try to reduce the time outside awakening to a minimum.

Try to cancel every move that gets you back to noneawakening with space directly back. Such as bubble, CS and directly after grapple.

Shieldthrow leaves you unprotected but is something your enemy likes to run into and will most likely not expect you using it anymore with awakening. I use it out of awakening like this:

Shieldchase (sideways), Counter, Shieldthrow, (when stunned safe CS now), promptness, and conflagiation (if that is the correct name)
shift+a/d, s+LMB, s+q, s+e, space, s+LMB

Posted

Thank you for this amazingly detailed guide, as a new player i have no idea what skills to spend points towards this has helped me a lot.

Posted

I am confused, do I skill the normal Valk skills like this is stated or use mostly Lancia skills?

Does anyone have an example build for 56+ Valks?

Posted (edited)

I am confused, do I skill the normal Valk skills like this is stated or use mostly Lancia skills?

Does anyone have an example build for 56+ Valks?

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/25775

Very basic Lv56 Valk build.

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/25776

Lv57 Valk build

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/25777

Lv60 Valk build

There's a few basic skills you could chose not to take, but I'd prefer to have them anyway as 1500 SP is not that much at Lv60

Edited by Tanaros

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/25775

Very basic Lv56 Valk build.

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/25776

Lv57 Valk build

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/25777

Lv60 Valk build

There's a few basic skills you could chose not to take, but I'd prefer to have them anyway as 1500 SP is not that much at Lv60

In your builds you take the 57 flow, lucem fluxum, is there a reason for this? All builds i find chose not to take it, or if they do they end up locking it.

Posted

In your builds you take the 57 flow, lucem fluxum, is there a reason for this? All builds i find chose not to take it, or if they do they end up locking it.

Never say no to 4 extra hits in a single movement.

+ I like to believe the -9 evasion stacks (haven't properly tested it though).