• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Disappointment in BDO's armor selection. Everyone looks the same.

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been playing for a while and I must say I am highly disappointed in the lack of clothing and armor selection. Almost every witch that I run into has the same burlap sack look that I have. Is there some sort of update we don't have that fixes this, or are we just out of luck? I really liked the customization offered in character creation, but without zooming in I can't tell my friends apart in a crowd because they each have 20 doppelgangers within 10 meters of their character...

Edited by Circular Logic
4 people like this

Posted

There will be tons of Ourfits in the shop sooner or later but due to the game having no gear level requirements  most will look alike as mediah armore are just better than the current ones

Posted (edited)

They should already release more outfits that have been around since ages... 

It doesn't change the situation if they release 1 costume in 2 months, everyone will buy the same one

i want more variety.. Not justs clones of myself

the current ones are just ugly, ghillie ugly and the next one released uglier than the first, srly a fish costume?

where are the good looking ones?

Edited by Yunea
2 people like this

Posted

Don't complain about this or the mouth breathers and inbreds will tell you to back to <insert other MMO here>.

6 people like this

Posted

Go back to Alienware MMO baddies!

Posted

Disappointment in BDO's armor selection. Everyone looks the same.

Just like real life...

Posted

Here's a screenshot of the armor that I have managed to collect so far. As you can see sometimes the texture is slightly different but it's basically identical.

lot-old-heavy-burlap-sacks-primitive-vin

4 people like this

Posted

you can always dye your gear...

Posted (edited)

yeah there are lots of dyes to choose from.

they are completely random, they only last a certain amount of time, and you have to pay for them.

but... dye!

Edited by kirsch

Posted

Here's a screenshot of the armor that I have managed to collect so far. As you can see sometimes the texture is slightly different but it's basically identical.

lot-old-heavy-burlap-sacks-primitive-vin

image.png

you can always dye your gear...

lets have red potato sack then

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

They should already release more outfits that have been around since ages... 

It doesn't change the situation if they release 1 costume in 2 months, everyone will buy the same one

i want more variety.. Not justs clones of myself

the current ones are just ugly, ghillie ugly and the next one released uglier than the first, srly a fish costume?

where are the good looking ones?

Not true.  People are so desperate to not look like garbage, that this alone will drive them to buy one of the three available costumes at cash shop, even if they don't 100% like any of them.  Next month when slightly better ones are released, those same people will buy one of those as well.  Daum knows this.  They've determined that they'll make more money in the short-term by slowly releasing their already-created content over time (similar to drip-marketing).  It's a way to stretch out the life of content by manipulating access to be "limited".  Business 101

Edited by AlMcFly

Posted

Blade and Soul has better costumes :)

Posted

Witches costumes appear to have different appearances, though they all do wear that "tattered robes" look, which I will add - really fits into the world. I'm loving the down-to-earth feel of the world.

http://bdo-fashion.com/armor-witch/

Posted

I quite like the armor selection. I can do without the giant shoulder pads with flames coming out of them. 

Posted

It is disappointing that a game with such fantastic character customization has such lackluster gear available without buying overpriced costumes. It seems to have been designed that way to drive people to the cash shop. If the selection were better and the prices not so inflated, it would be leas annoying, but it is what it is.

2 people like this

Posted

It's pretty much my biggest gripe with the game as well, but the gameplay sucks me in anyways.

Posted

It seems to have been designed that way to drive people to the cash shop. 

Ehehehehe...

Posted

54945.gif54945.gif

5 people like this

Posted

54945.gif54945.gif

See? Even this guy has better clothes. We don't even get a hat without paying up!

Posted

As someone who's used to paying $15 a month to play a mmo pain a one time $20 fee for a outfit doesn't bother me a bit and the dye you have the free green from the holiday, loyalty rewards, plus right now you can buy it from the cash shop for 80 cents. The daum has to make money somehow if we want to keep servers up and updates coming.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah there are lots of dyes to choose from.

they are completely random, they only last a certain amount of time, and you have to pay for them.

but... dye!

WTF are you talking about ? my gear been dye since day one of release ? why do you say they last a certain amount of time lol they dont they are permanent, so yea if you want some diversity Dye your armor guys or buy an complete outfit or different part of it there is so much more to come so dont start bashing on a game that ben out what 1 month ? Cmon are you all guys retarded gice them the credit they deserve so far except some minor issue the launch have been awesome compare to other title cough 'Archeage' cough!

Raagnaar. 

2016-03-28_421465998.JPG

Posted

They will create more, its still early days, the re using their resources elsewhere at the moment.

Posted

You're complaining about armor? You're a Witch! 7 armor looks, all re-painted or re-textured!

2016-03-29_114177761_zpsuxdqzqq6.png

2016-03-29_114182678_zpsoxqn0c2m.png2016-03-29_114186045_zpsgjcoypyl.png2016-03-29_114188445_zpsz6b2msvd.png

2016-03-28_21831297_zpszbelm8nb.png2016-03-28_21833330_zpssysluna1.png2016-03-28_21835413_zpshlrnnncv.png

My Ranger is stuck with 2 green dresses!

1st dress

2016-03-03_620598961_zpsp6rdifgz.png2016-03-03_620595245_zpst9umazbo.png2016-03-03_620602795_zpss4eotwgx.png2016-03-03_620606662_zpsykux5vci.png2016-03-03_620610461_zpshuldgdig.png

2nd dress

2016-03-03_620615528_zps4iwhmeyc.png

You even have a hat! And pants! :c

They will create more, its still early days, the re using their resources elsewhere at the moment.

BD has been out in Korea for like 2 years now. No new in-game armors, just Cash Shop.

They even removed finished armors from BETAs and so far- still not back in the game 2 years later.

2 people like this

Posted

why do you say they last a certain amount of time lol they dont they are permanent

idk I am never going to spend any money on dye sorry, is just something I read more than once

good to know it is not true tho

1 person likes this

Posted

BD has been out in Korea for like 2 years now. No new in-game armors, just Cash Shop.

They even removed finished armors from BETAs and so far- still not back in the game 2 years later.

Yeah and they never intended for scope of the game to be where it's at now. They have been focusing on other things trust me.