• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Should glitching field bosses be bannable?

Should offense's be taken against this?   94 votes

1. 1. Should they be banned?

• Yes, this is very unfair advantage
    • No, it should be this way
    • I dont care

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

So as many of you know, you can take a hunting rifle and perma stun lock a field boss. allowing you to take no damage and easily killing field bosses for things like gold bars, liverto weapon bundles, tree spirit belts, and just everything that makes a ton of money. What is your thought about this? #Saltyreplysprobably

Posted

you can take a hunting rifle and perma stun lock Dastard Bheg.

ftfy

aceac6496b.png

every boss is stunned by something else, like a flute for Red Nose

28190cd68f.png

not going to argue that being able to do it permanently might be unintentional
but it's there

1 person likes this

Posted

STUN TRAP. Not -----ing permastun rifle.

Don't start this shit again.

Posted (edited)

STUN TRAP. Not -----ing permastun rifle.

Don't start this shit again.

Could be bad translation/localization. Who knows.
The other stuff works on the other bosses.

They even still work in Korea right now on the scroll bosses, but nobody bothers because the scroll bosses are easy to do.

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted

Could be bad translation/localization. Who knows.The other stuff works on the other bosses.

They even still work in Korea right now on the scroll bosses, but nobody bothers because the scroll bosses are easy to do.

you must be one of the exploiters, have fun when the hammer hits :)

Posted

This glitch is so terrible that big guilds are literally locking down the boss areas for themselves, Redface, and whatever large guild that are abusing the glitch with their organized groups. No one can even join in to kill these bosses cause the big guilds kill everyone that aren't them on sight so people can't report/record them when they do this "intended" glitch. I guess this is another of the never ending cases of the company not caring again. Well GG, losing the player base's trust already. Was a good run guys of less then a month, I mean you technically beat a few companies in the game took x weeks before exploits wrecked their main player base I mean it was like what? 3 weeks? Once you lose the majority's trust, you only go down a very slippery slope. Guess all Korean game companies are like this, GG, you weren't worth even believing in. W.E. not like I thought you guys cared anyways probably just another grab as much cash as possible and watch your game die due to exploits figured.   

Posted (edited)

you must be one of the exploiters, have fun when the hammer hits :)

Nope, only done Dim Tree Spirit and Red Nose both once each without using items for each :)

I am not arguing that it is not an exploit. An exploit is, by definition: working as designed, but not as intended.

It is definitely working as designed, but I doubt as intended. We'll never really know til Daum puts out a word about it.

This glitch is so terrible that big guilds are literally locking down the boss areas for themselves, Redface, and whatever large guild that are abusing the glitch with their organized groups. No one can even join in to kill these bosses cause the big guilds kill everyone that aren't them on sight so people can't report/record them when they do this "intended" glitch. I guess this is another of the never ending cases of the company not caring again. Well GG, losing the player base's trust already. Was a good run guys of less then a month, I mean you technically beat a few companies in the game took x weeks before exploits wrecked their main player base I mean it was like what? 3 weeks? Once you lose the majority's trust, you only go down a very slippery slope. Guess all Korean game companies are like this, GG, you weren't worth even believing in. W.E. not like I thought you guys cared anyways probably just another grab as much cash as possible and watch your game die due to exploits figured.   

Do you really think a guild with enough power wouldn't be able to lock down bosses for themselves without the exploit?

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted

No. They didn't ban people using the escape exploit either. If they end up doing anything they might rollback certain people who abused it and got lots of loot. 

Also what's with anything bad happening the first response around here is to start banning people? It's not realistic, Daum isn't gonna ban a few thousand people because of an exploit. They'll be banning customers and losing cash shop revenue by doing that.

Posted

I would believe they would require A LOT MORE EFFORT AND PEOPLE TO LOCK DOWN A BOSS IF THE BOSS ATTACKED. Why would I believe that you say? if the boss could actually do something against the sub 20 amount of players that are stun locking him with you know the "proper methods" then it would actually need more people. Otherwise you can now PK everyone that aren't on your side because the majority of the players don't matter when you can STUN LOCK THE BOSS. I WONDER WHY? I also wonder why the majority of players can't even join in? I wonder why? Like is the mental leap so far that you can't complete the picture? Was it that much of a mental leap that you thought that guilds could actually lock down a boss with their sub 20 number of players when the boss actually attacked them?

Was it really that hard to put together?

Posted

I would believe they would require A LOT MORE EFFORT AND PEOPLE TO LOCK DOWN A BOSS IF THE BOSS ATTACKED. Why would I believe that you say? if the boss could actually do something against the sub 20 amount of players that are stun locking him with you know the "proper methods" then it would actually need more people. Otherwise you can now PK everyone that aren't on your side because the majority of the players don't matter when you can STUN LOCK THE BOSS. I WONDER WHY? I also wonder why the majority of players can't even join in? I wonder why? Like is the mental leap so far that you can't complete the picture? Was it that much of a mental leap that you thought that guilds could actually lock down a boss with their sub 20 number of players when the boss actually attacked them?

Was it really that hard to put together?

It certainly wasn't a problem for us dealing with a guild that declared on us during Red Nose! :D

Remember that I said guilds with enough power. And even then, I strongly doubt that a guild of sub-20 players can deny people the world boss when they're significantly outnumbered. Especially more so with the boss being stunned forever. 

It's really just a little more cancerous when the boss is fighting you, but it's cancer for both sides. All you have to really do is knock someone down and then they'll just get one shot by the boss. So yeah, denying isn't hard at all regardless of the exploit.

Posted

Yes I think.it should be. but the lack of decisive action leads me to believe you might as well so it until their official statement about it

Posted (edited)

I am not sure how is the "glitch" with other bosses than Red Nose or Bheg... definitely the Bheg 24/7 stun-lock is broken and has to be adjusted to something different. However if you use the Flute on Red Nose he has then like an immunity to the "stun effect".

Also it is not a glitch, bug, exploit or anything. I mean if it was then the boss would just stand still and wouldn't do anything, however the boss has a special animation that proves that he is actually affected by the Rifle, Flute whatever. Like if you guys check what Red Nose does when someone plays the Flute close to him, you cannot deny the fact that that is something designed into the game, he is holding both his ears with his hands and shaking his legs, he is under CC for like 6 seconds then he is immune to it for like 30 seconds, which makes him fairly easier and better in my opinion as people often rather just mass-suicide at Red Nose without this "trick". Like this you can fairly reduce the amount of deaths, and give a chance for constant dps even as a melee.

But to repeat again, the Bheg 24/7 stun-lock has to be adjusted.

No idea about the other bosses, Dim Tree Spirit is supposed to be afraid of fire, flame... but the boss is already too easy it would be shameful to use a "trick" on it.

Mudster no idea, don't need that mark of shadow. :D

Edited by Oneuproad

Posted

I could go either way on whether it should stay in the game or not, but I definitely don't think anyone should be banned until Daum says it's not allowed.

Posted

Could be bad translation/localization. Who knows.The other stuff works on the other bosses.

Wrong while they had world bosses they fixed the perma stun bug and banned or removed items from thsoe who used it i cant rember which.
You can still use those item on them but wasnt as abusable as it is not i think there was a 1 minute immunity period or somthing after they were hit by it.
Also stun traps are an item crafted via workshop in a version we dont quite have yet for what ever reason which was suppose to come when the world bosses were added, which u place a maximum of 3 on the ground at once and you had to pull the boss over them to stun him.
Red noses flute is only suppose to have an effect when he enrages to remove the enrage effect there is an animation when this happens which make him stunned for a moment too, however atm u can spam this flute and trigger that animation continuously when he hasnt enraged yet which is clearly an exploit.

Posted

I am not sure how is the "glitch" with other bosses than Red Nose or Bheg... definitely the Bheg 24/7 stun-lock is broken and has to be adjusted to something different. However if you use the Flute on Red Nose he has then like an immunity to the "stun effect".

Also it is not a glitch, bug, exploit or anything. I mean if it was then the boss would just stand still and wouldn't do anything, however the boss has a special animation that proves that he is actually affected by the Rifle, Flute whatever. Like if you guys check what Red Nose does when someone plays the Flute close to him, you cannot deny the fact that that is something designed into the game, he is holding both his ears with his hands and shaking his legs, he is under CC for like 6 seconds then he is immune to it for like 30 seconds, which makes him fairly easier and better in my opinion as people often rather just mass-suicide at Red Nose without this "trick". Like this you can fairly reduce the amount of deaths, and give a chance for constant dps even as a melee.

But to repeat again, the Bheg 24/7 stun-lock has to be adjusted.

No idea about the other bosses, Dim Tree Spirit is supposed to be afraid of fire, flame... but the boss is already too easy it would be shameful to use a "trick" on it.

Mudster no idea, don't need that mark of shadow. :D

How is this not a glitch, bug, exploit or anything? If it wasn't anything why would the community be this fired up on it? Do you really believe all the players except yourselves are retarded? Do you really believe your self propelled lies? You statement is equivalent to saying if there was a way to sell items more then once because the sell button exist then it's not anything. Does this statement work for you? I guess it would have to because the sell button is there, so anything that relates to it is fair play. I guess item duping by this reasoning is also not anything as your technically using the item feature of the game to get more right? So is anything a glitch, bug, exploit by your reasoning of because it exist? Because the said animation exist I can do anything that relates to it so you say, then why not just say because the game exist and if I hack it for all the stuff I want it's fair play because the game had code that you could potentially edit. This statement would still work right? I mean the code was there and I took advantage of it, thus it's not anything so you say.

GREAT REASONING WHY DON'T WE JUST SCREW THE RULES AND DO WHATEVER WE WANT IF WE CAN DO IT BECAUSE IT's NOT ANYTHING or so you say.

Posted

Since it's Daum's game then I guess it should be whatever they decide it should.  I'm very interested to hear what they decide, but whatever it is, is what it will be.

Posted

but whatever it is, is what it will be.

Are you sure about that?

Posted

Are you sure about that?

Absolutely, 100% ... no. 

Posted (edited)

It certainly wasn't a problem for us dealing with a guild that declared on us during Red Nose! :D

Remember that I said guilds with enough power. And even then, I strongly doubt that a guild of sub-20 players can deny people the world boss when they're significantly outnumbered. Especially more so with the boss being stunned forever. 

It's really just a little more cancerous when the boss is fighting you, but it's cancer for both sides. All you have to really do is knock someone down and then they'll just get one shot by the boss. So yeah, denying isn't hard at all regardless of the exploit.

Do you believe I don't know that? I'm talking about the majority of the players in the game who are not able to gather up to fight against such asses. I'm not referring to the case where another said big guild "that is probably doing the same" attempts to fight the group that is perma stunning the boss. Cause that case is utterly worthless/meaningless to the majority of the players. This case is called guild wars in this game and has it's own case, but what I'm referring to is the case where individual groups/players gather up together with maybe another bigger group to try and take down the boss. It would be required unless the said larger group wanted to spend 2x the time fighting it or maybe even more. 

This is not so for the perma stun effect since you don't need a larger group to kill the boss in a reasonable amount of time, and now that you are 20ish man strong any small group can just be killed trying to join in. I mean the small group isn't organized and they aren't willing to spend said time gathering up allies to fight the said 20ish man group thus you have a locked down boss.

Is the dots really this hard to connect or are you just so into your lies that you believe no one notices this? You know as we all know, most players aren't willing to waste time to contest over something far above their means, thus you have a locked down boss at 20ish people.

Edited by ElderSign

Posted

28190cd68f.png

Oh my gawd. Now I don't want to touch Red Nose.

9b32c473.gif

Posted

ftfy

aceac6496b.png

every boss is stunned by something else, like a flute for Red Nose

28190cd68f.png

not going to argue that being able to do it permanently might be unintentional
but it's there

http://imgur.com/r/blackdesertonline/YfRP0Yv

From daums own mouth it's an exploit. This post and anyone like it is invalid. 

Posted (edited)

Oh well...

Edited by Chrono20

Posted

From several years of MMO experience... all this story is just old news. It isn't the first example, and it won't be the last. And yes, designers and devs will give bosses skills, mechanics and also vulnerabilities. Yes, there is the "easy" way and the "hard" way to do it.

However, come on now. It is never, EVER, the intention to make the "easy" way, PISS easy way, like, hardly any effort required at all. The "easy" way is almost always through understanding the mechanics, and using them together with appropriate skills and correct timing, to accomplish the task in a competent manner. Of course, this is where player skill comes into the equation, and OF COURSE, where gear and dps output also heavily weighs in. Seriously... anyone who has played MMOs for a while, would be aware of this?

I have never, ever, anywhere seen, a tough boss, never mind an "end game", "world boss", call it what you like, that is MEANT to be a tough fight, perhaps a very LONG fight, and usually requiring the combined efforts of many players, being able to overcome with ease, like a sitting duck. There can never be a design like this, no matter what specific "tricks" can be used. There is no dev anywhere, who would create a "secret" way to make the fight a stroll in the park, while normally it would be hell unleashed and an epic task indeed.

So, what we seem to have here... a group of players, a guild, whatever, found a way, to do just that, turn an epic boss fight, into a farce, almost afk dispatching it in the least possible time, minimal effort, and of course, for maximum profit. How high IQ does it require to understand this really can't be INTENDED? The mechanic is there, ALL RIGHT, what is also there is probably a bug or glitch, that allows the MECHANIC to be heavily abused and perpetuated. How do you call this? To my own mind, just one word comes: exploit.

It is irrelevant who does it, who did first, if they are asshats or jolly good guys (how could be jolly good guys, by doing blatant exploitation, while also being able to lock everyone else out and keep the boss and loot greedily to themselves. Ja ja ja they might be so very "uber"... I say, it would be a slightly different story when getting smacked by a powerful boss, not when you don't have to worry about it but just keep an eye for "intruders" to kill). Ah, and I read this is all over the place, all channels, said boss camped all day long.

Certainly, fair gaming and fair fights, by all means. Sooner or later, there is going to be action taken, I can assure you about this. Even the most unprofessional and lazy team eventually acts, this kind of thing can be a real game killer, and I can not see this going on for long, not in a highly acclaimed title like BDO.

Posted (edited)

How is this not a glitch, bug, exploit or anything? If it wasn't anything why would the community be this fired up on it? Do you really believe all the players except yourselves are retarded? Do you really believe your self propelled lies? You statement is equivalent to saying if there was a way to sell items more then once because the sell button exist then it's not anything. Does this statement work for you? I guess it would have to because the sell button is there, so anything that relates to it is fair play. I guess item duping by this reasoning is also not anything as your technically using the item feature of the game to get more right? So is anything a glitch, bug, exploit by your reasoning of because it exist? Because the said animation exist I can do anything that relates to it so you say, then why not just say because the game exist and if I hack it for all the stuff I want it's fair play because the game had code that you could potentially edit. This statement would still work right? I mean the code was there and I took advantage of it, thus it's not anything so you say.

GREAT REASONING WHY DON'T WE JUST SCREW THE RULES AND DO WHATEVER WE WANT IF WE CAN DO IT BECAUSE IT's NOT ANYTHING or so you say.

if you could farm a world boss 24/7 as you compared my statement to your sell button statement, then i would agree, but since it is limited you are a retard then. You can cry all the way you want, this is designed into the game, you just do not wanna accept it because your fair play complex wants to deny it.

Not going to answer to the rest because it makes no sense.

Edited by Oneuproad

Posted

Should they...yes....will they...lol ----- no.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0