• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse taming needs to be less complicated

85 posts in this topic

Posted

it should work like fishing, 

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree the horse taming process and skill requirement is far to difficult for a large percentage of the community. Making it the same as fishing is a very good idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

i spent more than 30 ropes to get to know how to do it! then i calmed down and i read what the tips are telling me!  and i became a master of it! its really fun and rewarding i love it this way.

Posted

i think it should stay the same, but there should be a better way to practice for all beginning characters maybe via tutorial or a quest with enclosed practice horses. having to go around trying to find wild horses is annoying if you're just trying to learn the actual mechanics/timing of the minigame

7 people like this

Posted

i spent more than 30 ropes to get to know how to do it! then i calmed down and i read what the tips are telling me!  and i became a master of it! its really fun and rewarding i love it this way.

lol then tell me how it works because I spent over 100 ropes and still coulden=t do it

1 person likes this

Posted

I ended up spending over 100,000 silver on ropes and never had a single horse roped or caught. The price of the ropes @ 1,500 is far too expensive. Every time I tried to track and rope a horse other people ended up getting it before me. The competition on GM spawns is insane. I agree a practice tutorial would be helpful if it is not costing anything for ropes.

3 people like this

Posted

I have tried 30 times and failed all times even though I read the tips. 

i think it should stay the same, but there should be a better way to practice for all beginning characters maybe via tutorial or a quest with enclosed practice horses. having to go around trying to find wild horses is annoying if you're just trying to learn the actual mechanics/timing of the minigame

I agree that this would be very helpful. Just as a mini game that doesn't give you the horse but also doesn't cost you a lot of money. Than you can decide if it is worthwhile doing this in game or not. I would have loved to just understand how it works. I think it is ok that it is hard otherwise it wouldn't be worth anything.

Posted

I have tried 30 times and failed all times even though I read the tips. 

I agree that this would be very helpful. Just as a mini game that doesn't give you the horse but also doesn't cost you a lot of money. Than you can decide if it is worthwhile doing this in game or not. I would have loved to just understand how it works. I think it is ok that it is hard otherwise it wouldn't be worth anything.

Posted

after you hit with you rope dont click anything! wait for the horse to raise his legs! after that animation just spam spacebar until the timer 10seconds is up then stop clicking space and move to the horse until he raises his legs stop moving and spam spacebar , keep doing it until you reach him.

Posted

my poor spacebar RIP.

3 people like this

Posted

But does the rope has a time limit before it breaks? I had the rope breaking every time before I was able to spam the space bar. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think taming is fine, and it really isn't as complicated as people seem to think it is. Its current state is pretty much already a simple mini game. 

Throw the rope, move towards the horse, keep your grip on the rope when the horse rears up, feed it some sugar and ride him back to the stable.

I admit it takes some practice before you can be successful all the time, but that's why taming itself is a multi-tiered skill instead of a one-time ability you unlock from an npc.

I completely agree there should be a practice quest or something to help new players see what is supposed to happen during the taming process; maybe something offered at the Velia stables would work. Rope up some wooden horses, or whatever. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

In case you guys really don't know how to tame a horse.

1. buy the rope

2. make sugar lump (heat 10 raw sugar + 1 mineral water)

3. go to horse, RMB TO HOTKEY ROPE AND SUGAR

4. start throwing rope when you see the horse gonna stop

5. hit spacebar within blue area, and AIM THE CURSOR AT THE HORSE

6. start moving towards the horse, DO NOT PRESS SPACE

7. when you see the horse standing up, PRESS SPACE

8. spam that spacebar with both hands so its constantly maxed

9. stop pressing spacebar when timer is at 0-0.5 sec

10. repeat step 6-9 until you get close to the horse

11. feed him ur sugar lumps

12. ride that to the stables for the slaughter if hes <T3   <3

edit: one more thing, if you rode ur donkey/ horse there, you can actually ride that donkey/horse back too. After mounting the horse you caught, dismount him and just ride ur donkey. The horse will be following behind you, he might be slow, but he will auto path to you eventually

disclaimer: thought i would post a vid i googled, IT AIN'T MINE!

Edited by Weenie in a bottle
4 people like this

Posted

In case you guys really don't know how to tame a horse.

1. buy the rope

2. make sugar lump (heat 10 raw sugar + 1 mineral water)

3. go to horse, RMB TO HOTKEY ROPE AND SUGAR

4. start throwing rope when you see the horse gonna stop

5. hit spacebar within blue area, and AIM THE CURSOR AT THE HORSE

6. start moving towards the horse, DO NOT PRESS SPACE

7. when you see the horse standing up, PRESS SPACE

8. spam that spacebar with both hands so its constantly maxed

9. stop pressing spacebar when timer is at 0-0.5 sec

10. repeat step 6-9 until you get close to the horse

11. feed him ur sugar lumps

12. ride that to the stables for the slaughter if hes <T3   <3

disclaimer: thought i would post a vid i googled, IT AIN'T MINE!

Many people are struggling to simply get the rope on the horse. I have never managed to get the rope on the horse and used over 100 ropes.

Posted

Many people are struggling to simply get the rope on the horse. I have never managed to get the rope on the horse and used over 100 ropes.

It requires a very specific set of skills, skills that take years of practice, and skills that will allow you to eventually catch horses with ease. Oh and one thing, some of those horses in game are bugged course they humped the trees and fences way too much, causing their graphics and actual model to be off sync.

Posted

Or, we could not dumb down the game completely and you could learn how to do it by properly following the tutorial that explains everything.

3 people like this

Posted

Or, you can buy horses from the breeders.

Not everyone can do everything. If we could, life would be borrrrrrrinnnnnng!

1 person likes this

Posted

Or, we could not dumb down the game completely and you could learn how to do it by properly following the tutorial that explains everything.

Is there a link to the tutorial please?

Posted

I quite like the taming mechanic, even if it was a bit confusing at the start. There is perhaps, lacking in-game information as to how the mini game works, but that is it. Normally this wouldn't bother me, as figuring things out on my own is my preferred method in games, but the price of ropes is a bit steep for that to remain justifiable. I went through an unfortunate sum buying ropes until I finally sorted the system out, but once I got it I pretty much tamed on every single attempt.

Posted (edited)

Horse taming is not hard.

The only thing I would ever ask them to change about it is the sp[eed at which I have to mash my spacebar. That is the only thing that makes it kinda difficult, because if you have shakey hands (or in my case, are just friggen FREEZING and stiff) it is very hard to hit it fast enough.

Otherwise it's fine. Fishing is so easy it's boring.

EDIT: It seems to be that the main complaint is throwing the lasso over the horse's head. And that is already exactly like fishing. Don't reef on the horse until it starts to fight you and use the time it's calm to get close. I blew 10 ropes figuring it out, don't panic and mash buttons right off the bat and you won't fail so much.

Also, I think many people had issues trying to lasso a horse after scaring it, or trying to lasso a bugged horse a GM spawned.

Edited by Frimber
2 people like this

Posted

A tutorial has already been linked in this thread.

Posted

Besides the one in this thread, you could also read the quests you get, which clearly tell you to get sugar cubes and have taming level 5 to use the rope.  I'd suggest 2 sugar cubes per attempt at taming. 

Posted

Horse taming is fine as is, it's easy. I wouldn't mind it being more challenging (the actual minigame, not the RNG whether a horse will accept or deny you).

2 people like this

Posted

After 40+ ropes, and going broke, I knew for the rest of CBT-1 I'd be running everywhere. Also, I used a lot of those ropes on the bugged horses Weenie in a bottle mentions, thinking "oh goody it's stuck, that'll make it easier to catch". I did have rope and sugar on hot bar, I did take a time out and look up on google and youtube for advice and help, I just kept doing something wrong is all. So I gave up. Tutorials were disabled, I knew that, I am hoping for a chance to practice that won't cost 1500 a pop is all. I feel all I need is some low cost practice successes ( and knowing a bugged horse when I see one ) and this mini game will be fun one day. Bottom line is a horse is a must have, so either I learn how, or I buy one, and I don't want to buy one.

Posted

I'm confused, I tamed a horse after 4 times? and I then tamed about 3 more horses? just get as close as you can be without the horse running and chuck the rope, i really like the system, it's much more fun than any other games mount system

3 people like this