• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse taming needs to be less complicated

85 posts in this topic

Posted

Horse taming is not hard.

The only thing I would ever ask them to change about it is the sp[eed at which I have to mash my spacebar. That is the only thing that makes it kinda difficult, because if you have shakey hands (or in my case, are just friggen FREEZING and stiff) it is very hard to hit it fast enough.

Otherwise it's fine. Fishing is so easy it's boring.

EDIT: It seems to be that the main complaint is throwing the lasso over the horse's head. And that is already exactly like fishing. Don't reef on the horse until it starts to fight you and use the time it's calm to get close. I blew 10 ropes figuring it out, don't panic and mash buttons right off the bat and you won't fail so much.

Also, I think many people had issues trying to lasso a horse after scaring it, or trying to lasso a bugged horse a GM spawned.

yea dont try to catch horses at night when your wife is trying to sleep right next to you. had to smash the space bar so much and that shit aint quiet either. lol . lets just say she wasnt very happy i kept waking her up to me taming the horse.

Posted

That is really not very helpful PvtWiggles, there is skill and technique involved and it helps if you can have some practice runs. I have never managed to lasso a horse with the rope but I do know from tutorials that you have to aim the rope to catch it. After this there is the skill involved in knowing when to SPACE BAR mash. I found this tutorial very helpful because it shows the guy failing to get the horse before he is successful.

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

That is really not very helpful PvtWiggles, there is skill and technique involved and it helps if you can have some practice runs. I have never managed to lasso a horse with the rope but I do know from tutorials that you have to aim the rope to catch it. After this there is the skill involved in knowing when to SPACE BAR mash. I found this tutorial very helpful because it shows the guy failing to get the horse before he is successful.

Okay so silly question but were you level 20 and was your training level 5 (most people will say taming but the profession says training)?

Posted

I'm not trying to be unhelpful, I've even got a guide on youtube on how to tame a horse, it just seems like just because something is hard it shouldn't be made easy, if you're having that much trouble with it people can always buy a horse and then leave the taming to someone who can, this creates a market :) 

Posted (edited)

Edited by KoreKitten
cancel

Posted

Okay so silly question but were you level 20 and was your training level 5 (most people will say taming but the profession says training)?

I was Level 6 Training but not level 20 with character. I saw people below level 20 catch horse.

Posted (edited)

Had no clue how to tame a horse and spent like 20+ ropes without success. When I watched a YouTube tutorial on how & what for taming things became easier and after 5 ropes (4 lost because I pressed SPACE too early) I had my horse.

IMO horse taming is pretty easy and should stay as it is. If you don't know what you're doing you should have done some research before starting to tame the horse. Only thing I do agree on though is that the level requirement is not right - IT SHOULD BE HIGHER before you can start on taming...

[EDIT] I was level 15 when I captured my horse with taming level 6...

Edited by DemiGoth

Posted

i kind of would like to see this change tooo ---  i often play a night and catching horses and fast tapping the space bar is quite noisy and disturbs the normal people who sleep that i live with lol..  i literally can't horse hunt at night

Posted

Horse taming is easy and I really like the minigame. I definitely do prefer horse taming as it is now, they should change nothing.

As I've seen in Beta most players are just to hasty, moving fare to fast and near the horses what makes them run away. Keep it slow and take your time.

Posted

Or, we could not dumb down the game completely and you could learn how to do it by properly following the tutorial that explains everything.

Posted

Believe me, it is not so hard as you think. You just need to train a few times. Some people can do that even without training.

Posted (edited)

I don't agree with this topic either, I think the horse taming system is fine like that. It's cool that it don't look like fishing because like this, good fisher aren't good tamer you have to train for everything and thoses actions are different.
If all the mecanics of the game were the same it would be quite anoying.

Also as everyone tell it when you manage to catch you're first horse it's more easy to catch other after.

But let me give you some advices I found:

1: When you're about to throw the rope to the horse be sure he won't run. Wild horse do a sprint every 5 secondes when they see you, they run far away and stop. Wait for them to stop and then catch them. If you wait too long they will run again and you'r rope will break.

2: When you throw the rope you have to press space at the good time to be on the "blue part" for that it's easy, Click to throw the rope and count: one, two, and then press space on two. For me it never missed !

3: Even if you see a big "press space" on the screen, remember to presse space ONLY when the horse get up.

4: about the sugar you're supposed to give them, 3 or 4 is a good number it work most of the time but it can miss, if it won't work the first time try again and give one sugar less that the time before and it should work.

Hope it help you a little.

And don't worry, I used 100 rope and missed too when I first try, it's really something you have to train for and that's what i like about it.

Edited by Lysigaranne
2 people like this

Posted

The only thing a would change in horse taming is that Spacebar mash button thing. There should be a different QTE for this.

In JPN version you need to be a Lev 20 and have like 5 level in Training to tame a horse. Dunno if in CBT1 was the same, can someone can confirm this ?

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing a would change in horse taming is that Spacebar mash button thing. There should be a different QTE for this.

In JPN version you need to be a Lev 20 and have like 5 level in Training to tame a horse. Dunno if in CBT1 was the same, can someone can confirm this ?

You must to have 5 level in Training to tame for sure. But  now  I think you can get a horse on all lvl.

1 person likes this

Posted

You must to have 5 level in Training to tame for sure. But  now  I think you can get a horse on all lvl.

Ok, thx for the info.

Posted

In the CBT1, you could get a wild horse as long as your training level was higher than 5.

The first wild I got was a tier 5, which I captured when I was level 14. After that, I captured a few more, 5 or 6 in all CBT.

As said, taming is fairly easy, you just need to keep trying and make sure not to smash the space bar before the horse rears, because that is the most common mistake that I have seen.

Posted

I don't agree with this topic either, I think the horse taming system is fine like that. It's cool that it don't look like fishing because like this, good fisher aren't good tamer you have to train for everything and thoses actions are different.
If all the mecanics of the game were the same it would be quite anoying.

Also as everyone tell it when you manage to catch you're first horse it's more easy to catch other after.

But let me give you some advices I found:

1: When you're about to throw the rope to the horse be sure he won't run. Wild horse do a print every 5 secondes when they see you, they run far away. Wait for them to stop and then catch them. If you wait too long they will run again and you'r rope will break.

2: When you throw the rope you have to press space at the good time to be on the "blue part" for that it's easy, Click to throw the rope and count: one, two, and then click on two. For me it never missed !

3: Even if you see a bid "press space" on the screen, remember to presse space ONLY when the horse get up.

4: about the sugar you're supposed to give them, 3 or 4 is a good number it work most of the time but it can miss, if it won't work the first time try again and give one sugar less that the time before and it sould work.

Hope it help you a little.

And don't worry, I used 100 rope and missed too when I first try, it's really something you have to train for and that's what i like about it.

+1 The system is really fine 

1 person likes this

Posted

In the CBT1, you could get a wild horse as long as your training level was higher than 5.

The first wild I got was a tier 5, which I captured when I was level 14. After that, I captured a few more, 5 or 6 in all CBT.

As said, taming is fairly easy, you just need to keep trying and make sure not to smash the space bar before the horse rears, because that is the most common mistake that I have seen.

OK, so saying that ''as long as your training level was higher than 5'' is in contradiction with what everyone else is saying and would very well explain why i spent all my money on ropes for nothing because i was only lvl 5 taming and only spent 3 hours on watching all the taming videos, it would have been nice to know....

Posted

OK, so saying that ''as long as your training level was higher than 5'' is in contradiction with what everyone else is saying and would very well explain why i spent all my money on ropes for nothing because i was only lvl 5 taming and only spent 3 hours on watching all the taming videos, it would have been nice to know....

LOL I mean higher than level 5, but level 5 works as well, is the minimum. Higher than 5 can mean anything like 5,01. 

Of course you also need the ropes, and most important, the sugar lumps. I have found it in the CBT the ''must'' of using sugar lumps way higher than in the RU version. In the RU version I hardly ever use them, while in the CBT I crafted lots of them.

Ropes may seem expensive early game, but one way to make that money, is fishing. You can make more than 20k silver in very little time.

Posted

its a funny system and it should be way harder to tame a horse then catching a fish^^
if you try it a few more times, you´ll learn and like it. its not really hard, you only have to learn it.

1 person likes this

Posted

So sick of everyone want everything dumbed down all the time in these games. "Wah wah, its too hard, make it easy mode". Easy mode is what lost WoW 75% of its fanbase. EZmode is nonsense and this is supposed to be a challenging game. Stop whining for easy mode!!!!!!

Posted

Horse taming is fine as is, it's easy. I wouldn't mind it being more challenging (the actual minigame, not the RNG whether a horse will accept or deny you).

I agree u need to work for ur hourse if u cant obtain one u gotta give it more work it took me like 10000 silver to do it but after i learned was great

Posted

Agreed and RELAX they will have tutrials in launch

Horse taming is fine as is, it's easy. I wouldn't mind it being more challenging (the actual minigame, not the RNG whether a horse will accept or deny you).

I agree u need to work for ur hourse if u cant obtain one u gotta give it more work it took me like 10000 silver to do it but after i learned was great

Posted

It is fine how it is. And you don't have to tame your own horse. You can buy a level 1 from the stable guy, or buy from another player on the horse market.