• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

+20 +20 Enchanting Discussion + Poll

Do you want +20 enchanting in BDO EU/NA?   2,268 votes

1. 1. Do you want +20 enchanting in BDO EU/NA?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's fine either way

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

416 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

New:

Gj to everyone that took part in the poll! I won't say that all the changes our version got was because of this thread, but i do think we made our voice be heard at least!

Since this thread was made we obtained the following things:

xkLdmMT.pngTWXOxJx.png

I think these are some really good changes to this system, it's not perfect; but it's much better than what it was at the start.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Old:

So Mediah is coming; but this post is not about that. This post is simply to show what enchanting after +15 is about to new people and to see what people think about enchanting past +15 with a poll. It might be too late now (or not if +20 is not planned to be realesed tomorrow). But i'll try to keep raising awarness anyway.

In this video Steparu tries to enchant past +15 using a common tactic. Enchant up to +14 and then downgrade after getting to +15 (dying as a red player makes you lose enchatments).

You can see his money before and after in the video, also the number of used stones. (btw the ball item is not in our version's shop)

I personally have no problem with enchanting to +15; since everyone can get to it sooner or later; but after that PA broke the enchanting system imo. Very few people get past +17; but those who do get a significant increase in their stats. Now if before you could get to +15 with dedication  and farming (force enchantment); past +15 is all about luck.

You can spend the bare minium to get to +20 (highly unlikely but in the realm of possible) or spend your life and be stuck at +16.

Yuria pics provided by @Tolmos

Q1YRkJk.pngYuria15.thumb.png.1b337223ff367d8308c364 Yuria_Tri.thumb.png.ae8ef8a10b05622c9c71

Enchanting past +15 has an extra risk. If you fail the enchatment you get a fail stack and you lose an enchantment lvl. For ex, you are enchanting to +17 from +16 and you fail; your weapon goes to +15.

This is probably my only gripe about the game, and something i hope will never touch our version. Because it doesn't matter how much you dedicate to the game all it takes is luck, to achieve a significat increase in power. I knew it was in the game from the start, so i won't do something as silly as quit because of it. But it is going to lower my excitement for this game by a lot nonetheless. If the talks about us having OUR version of BDO are not totally BS either then there is still a chance.

Edited by An4thor
27 people like this

Posted

Honestly, I don't care that it's tedious, I just think it's too early for it.

7 people like this

Posted

+20 gear is already rare in KR, if you think everyone is gonna start rolling around in +20 gear, you're crazy.

14 people like this

Posted

+20 gear is already rare in KR, if you think everyone is gonna start rolling around in +20 gear, you're crazy.

Very few people get past +17; but those who do get a significant increase in their stats. Now if before you could get to +15 with dedication  and farming (force enchantment); past +15 is all about luck.

6 people like this

Posted

But even +16 is kinda overpowered.

Posted

this mechanic for +16/20 enchants is the worst thing in black desert and we were hoping they would address it before its here

34 people like this

Posted

this mechanic for +16/20 enchants is the worst thing in black desert and we were hoping they would address it before its here

Agreed, and with the fact they have not ruled out players selling stuff from cash shop on the market, it makes me very, very nervous about where this can end up. Our version shouldn't have downleveling IMO, and tbh I would be happier if 15 was the end.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed, and with the fact they have not ruled out players selling stuff from cash shop on the market, it makes me very, very nervous about where this can end up. Our version shouldn't have downleveling IMO, and tbh I would be happier if 15 was the end.

limiting enhancement to +15 will bring some much needed balance to PvP, as the rest of the playerbase will reach the same gear level as veterans in due time....then it comes down to coordination, teamwork, and personal skill.

that is when PvP thrives.

26 people like this

Posted

Also, Tamer doesn't scale to 16+ with pet, so 16+ enchants = RIP Tamer, unless they fix that.

7 people like this

Posted

Yeah, its kinda early. Maybe wait for a half-year or longer

Posted (edited)

I think they should hold back the +20 as right now PVP is still in flux and as such limiting it to +15 will give PVP more stability and balance. If you add the extra +5 in then all that is going to do is widen the gap and imbalance PVP even further. 

Edited by Scarran

Posted

I am for +20, we were going to get it sooner or later, I actually like it coming sooner because it stopped me from +15ing all the gear that will just get replaced with mediah. I saved a boat load of work by taking things slow and steady. There is no point in holding back and gating content, the +20 itself will take time to get.

We should all jump at the opportunity. When mediah comes out there will be gear really worth investing in 

tumblr_mpoefhKMdS1s1ny8xo1_500.gif

5 people like this

Posted

I am for +20, we were going to get it sooner or later, I actually like it coming sooner because it stopped me from +15ing all the gear that will just get replaced with mediah. I saved a boat load of work by taking things slow and steady. There is no point in holding back and gating content, the +20 itself will take time to get.

We should all jump at the opportunity. When mediah comes out there will be gear really worth investing in 

i think there is the issue of finding spots to grind/farm for these new gear tho...as the KR vets will know the exact locations to farm for these drops...people that have no clue (like me) will need to either search the net for drop locations, or explore myself...not to mention the said golden farm spots will be locked out for other people, probably across all the channels.

even with our current content, top guilds lock out grind spots and pk anyone that comes in...forcing me and my guild to grind at odd hours (like weekday mornings) when barely anyone is on. having to adjust sleeping schedules just to access new content is asking for too much.

Posted

rng upgrades are fine.
everyone has the same chances.
and if you keep getting unlucky it's not like you can't buy gear instead of upgrade stones.

that guy that dropped 3 ogre rings already doesn't bother you that much either right? Same RNG.

Posted (edited)

rng upgrades are fine.
everyone has the same chances.
and if you keep getting unlucky it's not like you can't buy gear instead of upgrade stones.

that guy that dropped 3 ogre rings already doesn't bother you that much either right? Same RNG.

You speak like that gear will be raining in the AH. Look at liverto, now add a 100x worse modifier. Also ogre ring is good but not as good as +16> enchanting..You can get a bares DUO that is 2 AP less than base ogre ring.

Edited by An4thor
1 person likes this

Posted

i think there is the issue of finding spots to grind/farm for these new gear tho...as the KR vets will know the exact locations to farm for these drops...people that have no clue (like me) will need to either search the net for drop locations, or explore myself...not to mention the said golden farm spots will be locked out for other people, probably across all the channels.

even with our current content, top guilds lock out grind spots and pk anyone that comes in...forcing me and my guild to grind at odd hours (like weekday mornings) when barely anyone is on. having to adjust sleeping schedules just to access new content is asking for too much.

Right now Yuria is very easy to get and the gap between top guilds and non top guilds is very small. I have a feeling top guilds are less about this because they don't have the actual man power to stop people from farming those spots. NA has a habit of giving into a big guild just cuz, there are so many people that want to farm those spots that if they worked together there isn't a big guild that could handle that at all, especially with how small the gap is

1 person likes this

Posted

You speak like that gear will be raining in the AH. Look at liverto, now add a 100x worse modifier. Also ogre ring is good but not as good as +16> enchanting..You can get a bares DUO that is 2 AP less than base ogre ring.

It's more about the amount of silver than the actual item itself.

Sure high enchanted items will be super rare. But people wearing those will be aswell.
And unlucky people will be rare too btw. That's how chances work.

I believe the rng upgrade suits the game more than other alternatives.

2 people like this

Posted

+20 is more about being lucky and less about how much you farm to get it. And if you don't have a +20, pray that the other person you see trying to PK isn't one because that large gap in AP from +16 and up really does make a difference. This will be to the point where one-shots can happen. But still that's just my theory, since your gears and the other person's gears are to be considered before thinking of that.

Overall, I don't think it's a good idea to implement the +20 system yet (or at all), this gap enchantment system was what gotten many games I've played become even more imbalance. The PvP environment will die with it. I'm not saying that everyone in the top guild will get +20 but I'm saying that it's more likely they are able to have access to obtaining +20 through more than one mean via scrolls/grinding.

Posted

It's just more RNG and more time-sink. The only thing +20 does is helping no-lifers get ahead and stay miles ahead of normal people. It's not good for pvp and it's not good for people's sense of justice.

But money talks.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

we were hoping they would address it before its here

HA! like daum would EVER do something that actually involved the community and their opinion on something game breaking.  lmaooooo.

Literally nobody wants the +20 enchants, but I can guarantee we'll get it anyway.  Daum has consistently ignored their players and I doubt it's going to change.

Edited by Rozett
6 people like this

Posted

It's more about the amount of silver than the actual item itself.

Sure high enchanted items will be super rare. But people wearing those will be aswell.
And unlucky people will be rare too btw. That's how chances work.

I believe the rng upgrade suits the game more than other alternatives.

Like what for example? We have gear upgrade and we can enchant that to +15. What does the +20 enchantment provide?

Upgrading boss gear to +15 is going to take quite a while and still involves rng; but at the very least you can work towards it with forced enchatning if you are unlucky

1 person likes this

Posted

HA! like daum would EVER do something that actually involved the community and their opinion on something game breaking.  lmaooooo.

Literally nobody wants the +20 enchants, but I can guarantee we'll get it anyway.  Daum has consistently ignored their players and I doubt it's going to change.

i feel like they're not even reading forums based on the info / updates we get from them and if Jouska is reading and relaying to them then they are not listening or they don't understand the magnitude of people's "QQ on the forums" 

Posted

GL farming pirate island with +15 gear.

you know they won't rescale it or they need to adjust ALOOOOOT of content

Posted

getting +15 in TERA is huge RNG, sounds exactly the same

and it totally killed PvP, getting wrecked by people who won the gear lottery when you have put 10x the effort they did and get nowhere...

that is no fun for the people who get wrecked, and even most people with the superior gear will be bored with how far they outclass everyone else.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

the moment of truth has come for BDO, people finally gonna open their eyes and see how imbalanced and retarded this media patch was and is. The ignorant fools , who keep saying gear doesnt matter gonna see how few lucky fools with +18 livertos rekts entire partys. IF you keep telling to yourself ' im gonna buy +18 of AH blablaba ' , keep fooling yourself cause that stuff comes every so often and another 100k players think the same as you.

e.g with 200 ap witch ( that is +18 liv +18 offhand and a bit of +2 jewels) one shots +17 geared guys with single metoer, and imagine what full blizzard does.  Source :Myself

Edited by tmw
5 people like this