• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Congratz, you just shotted the casuals down.

420 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

other then all the silly comment with no information behind what i would be interested in knowing before really having a opinion other then a generic one (divide casual from pro)

how many account have a 52+ character? that would be an interesting information to base a strategy on

if 20-50% of the players have a 52+ character pulling out an expansion is a smart moe (more then 1/5 of the population)

if 0-19% of the players have a 52+ character that could be a bit premature

since we don't have this information all you guys are chatting about it is just garbage

Edited by NgocTu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It cracks me up the hate at "no lifers" get from "casuals".  Isn't it just really jealousy that they can't get to play the game as much as they really want?

Yeah , im jealous that i cant compete to a teenager that lives on pizza and caffeine.

Maybe i should give up my 3k$/month job, so i can just have "fun" with nice lads like yourself winding themself up as if this game was made for an hardcore audience...

Ohh and before i get the reply that i probaly are at ease because i buy everything:

I have no pets, no ghillie costume, no xp potions/scrolls or anything other that can give a player an edge on someone else.

Guess what, still having lots of fun! you?

/sarcasm

Edited by Zappa

Posted

Yeah , im jealous that i cant compete to a teenager that lives on pizza and caffeine.

Maybe i should give up my 3k$/month job, so i can just have "fun" with nice lads like yourself winding themself up as if this game was made for an hardcore audience...

/sarcasm

F**K YAH PIZZA 

i want a job ;-;

Posted

"Shotted" How do idiots like you get employed?

By living in countries that speak a language that's not English.

Posted

I remember you from Archeage, welcome to this game. Which game are you going to hop to and spend your welfare once again when this game is dead? I'm kinda interessted.

As long as i cannot dupe cash shop currency in this game i dont see a reason to leave it.
Spended two years in my last western asia sandbox release ...but i guess you never played it anyways.

Could you please explain me how spending no money in cash shops or anything equals spending welfare?
Oh wait got it, you don't understand the difference between welfare and nothing.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/welfare

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nothing

did that help? i'm not a native

Posted (edited)

Ohh and before i get the reply that i probaly are at ease because i buy everything:

I have no pets, no ghillie costume, no xp potions/scrolls or anything other that can give a player an edge on someone else.

Guess what, still having lots of fun! you?

/sarcasm

Look out people another person who thinks he's special because he makes 3k$/month.  Couldn't care less what you make and I'm sure no else does either.  If you don't like it that someone else has more time to spend on games then you do maybe you should move back to Candy Crush?

Edited by Weamz
1 person likes this

Posted

I get that the OP is upset, but perhaps he's looking at it all wrong.  If he is truly a "casual" — which is a bit of a hard case to make if he's putting in those many hours per week — then he should actually be welcoming the expansion as it gives the so-called "no-lifers" something to do rather than hoarding spawning grounds.  But the time most of the current crop of "true" casuals get up to where the rush-to-level-cappers are at present, hopefully they will have moved on.

But I suspect he is caught somewhere between both populations and wishing he were closer to the bleeding edge.  Thus such angst might be expected, if not warranted

The casuals I know don't give two flips for what the rush-to-level-capper types are doing, because they'd rather ignore the wannabe rat-race, enjoy themselves and stop to smell the roses along the way.  BDO is a game that allows that, despite the perceived emphasis on late-game PvP. After being hardcore myself for so many years, I have come to realize there are too many games in the offing to focus on just the latest one, and that's in addition to all the other responsibilities and interests I've accreted along the way.  For BDO, I am currently shepherding five characters in the low twenties all at once.  Sure, I could main one of them and move more deterministically towards the level cap, but why?  That's not what I'm interested in.  I will get to PvP soon enough, and history tells me I'll either be decent at it or suck at it, but as long as I enjoy it, so what?

What matters more is that players as a whole don't become jerks and total @sshats.  From what I've seen in the past, once the toxicity level rises to a point that majority of people in the game are always angry for one reason or another, that spells the beginning of the end for that MMO.   Perhaps such is inevitable given today's Internet culture, but there it is.  Perhaps we need to be a little more understanding of the other group, casuals and no-lifers, because both have always made up an MMO community.

Posted (edited)

Right.. pics pls. 

Pics of what?  Me enjoying the game?  Don't have to play 10 hours a day to have fun here, or to pvp.  A guy with a family just told you he has plus 15 gear and your comeback is he prolly ignored his family lol and his gear is now worthless.  Difference between plus 15 and plus 16-18 gear will be so small but people don't understand that anyways.  Your attitude is why you won't enjoy any game :P  I still can't tell if you're trolling btw.

Edited by ulti19

Posted

Wasn't the OP the one who bashed casuals and complained about them?

wut

Posted

Look out people another person who thinks he's special because he make's 3k$/month.  Couldn't care less what you make and I'm sure no else does either.  If you don't like it that someone else has more time to spend on games then you do maybe you should move back to Candy Crush?

Like i said, im having fun and going nowhere... you? :)

Posted

Like i said, im having fun and going nowhere... you? :)

Then why are you acting all butt hurt at me?  Did I say anything that was untrue.  Are not people in this thread getting mad because people who play longer than them are getting farther ahead all the time? 

Posted

People just wish they were 10 yo again and wish they had all the time in the world but adulthood and rl took over and they're not happy.  In a way it's a compliment to Daum because they wish they can live in BDO like the "no lifer" ;)

Posted

I'm only level 39.. I play about 1-2 hours a day if i can swing it while fishing afk... i just built my first fishing boat yay!.. i have no idea what this update means.. but i won't be pvpin' for quite a whiile.. thus i don't care.. have at it release a billion updates.. as casual as i am im completely content with the content..see what i did there

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm only level 39.. I play about 1-2 hours a day if i can swing it while fishing afk... i just built my first fishing boat yay!.. i have no idea what this update means.. but i won't be pvpin' for quite a whiile.. thus i don't care.. have at it release a billion updates.. as casual as i am im completely content with the content..see what i did there

You sir play for fun and you sir are playing correctly :)

If all people care in this game is to catch up to the few who are lv 55 and geared fully,  it won't be a good time for you:p  Because usually people who are lv 55 and geared up are having a blast playing and not wanting to catch anyone.

Edited by ulti19

Posted

yea i'm a casual and still only lvl 42... i'm really scared of getting slaughtered by lvl 50's with +15-20 gear :(

what server

Posted

Pretty sure I work about 50 hours a week and have about 3-5 hours of playtime a night 4 nights a week. That's pretty casual. 

And im a sliver away from 51. With +13 weapon and off hand weapon. And +14 body with everything else +11. 

I dunno. Sounds like you have a hard time in game. Maybe you should join a guild? That helps players? Or a guild that likes to do PvE?

my guild has a bunch of new 50s in the past week. And they are already pumped for mediah. But I do like to make sure my guild is helping members out when they need something. 

Posted

yea i'm a casual and still only lvl 42... i'm really scared of getting slaughtered by lvl 50's with +15-20 gear :(

Then go get +15-20 gear.

The only thing stopping you is yourself.

That is why +20 is not a problem.
GLHF.

Posted (edited)

Maybe this game is just too hard for you.

"Ive been killing the same mob in the same tiny corner of the map for 50 hours this past week" - such skill.

To be honest its quite impressive, they were able to create a game where the design is completely centered around killing the same mobs for months on end and got away with it.

Edited by Kuroshikon

Posted

yeah lets complain that we aren't getting content slower?  what madness is this?  If you're already behind, put in extra effort and catch up.  If you can't commit the time to do that then your priorities are elsewhere which is fine.  You should realize though that asking devs to hold back on content that has been out for months in other regions, to give you a chance to catch up is ridiculous.  Either you put in more time to catch up than the other guys, level more efficiently, or STOP trying to beat them, because if you can't level for longer and can't level smarter, then you were never going to be able to compete anyways.

tl;dr

get hardcore, get smart, or just stop trying to beat those who are.  cause you won't.

Posted

its been said a million times before the game even came out.. this game is not for cas players

Posted

99% of people won't pk you on site unless you piss them off somehow. Like killstealing mobs, or mouthing off.

Posted

This is exactly how i play. Similar amount per day, bit of fishing, exploring, crafting, the odd quest. Only level 26, in a good, friendly guild. A lot of shouting and fuss about the update. I don't fuss about it now, maybe i will in a couple of months down the line ( after making a couple of alts to help me build/fish/sell etc).

I don't know much about the update, or the KR/US versions and so forth, ill worry about it (if i do) when i get there. I am playing this game for "my" enjoyment, like i have all MMOs i have played over the past 15 years or so.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is ridiculous. 

It will be good for you, as it will give those who are further along something else to do.  This games PvP is all about real estate, and if it's offering more space, then that's less people in yours.  

If the complaint is that there is new gear, then it's better it came out now than in another month.  Would you have rather spent 2 months or 1 on something that was going to be replaced.

Play the game at your own pace and have fun, and noone will ever be ahead of you.  Because it's your game, not theirs.  There will always be someone that can gank you or higher ranked at a skill than you, but so what?  Who here bought the game so that they to have something to cry about? If that's someone's goal then great, fill the ocean with your tears. Otherwise, find your niche and go with it.  As the game expands, so will your options, as well as the options for all.  

Now you can realy start to spread those little wings butterfly.

Posted

Lol OP so funny. I work 12 hours a day even on weekends so 12 hours a day 7 days a week at a hospital and still i manage to +15 all my gear even got liverto with still alot of silver saved for update. You just aint cut for this shit man.

Right right. I work 23 hours a day sleep for 12 minutes and in the remaining 48 minutes I've managed to level up to 54.99 /w full +15 and 55kk silver. Fuk outta here.

Posted

OP, Mediah or not won't matter. The people who play more than you are going to beat you no matter how skilled you are. The Mediah update has nothing to do with it.

Remember, that 56 to 57 is (from what I've heard) roughly 100 hours of gameplay. The grind slows down a lot after lvl 50, so effectively you will never catch up. Either you stop having a social life so you can be 1337 or PvP will not be something you can have fun doing in this game. Not equalizing gear and levels in any form of PvP is the actual problem. There is no level cap, so there is never going to be an equal skill based playing field. Being just one level above someone else makes all the difference.