• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grunils...Should I?

70 posts in this topic

Posted

The build you are comparing assumes two things i don't agree with, not in Grunils favor either. First, that you want attack speed and second that you need to hit 5 crit when 4 is the magic number. It also ignores the existence of better, future crystals.

What are you increasing your crit to 5 with? Food? Does it not stack on top of the 5/5 crit?

Posted

What are you increasing your crit to 5 with? Food? Does it not stack on top of the 5/5 crit?

Yeah, i'm using the 5AP, 10Acc, 1Crit food. Using the food shows your crit rate increase by one on your stat window. I have no reason to believe it can go higher.

Posted

Yeah, i'm using the 5AP, 10Acc, 1Crit food. Using the food shows your crit rate increase by one on your stat window. I have no reason to believe it can go higher.

That's the Serendia Special. Alright, I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip

Posted

The build you are comparing assumes two things i don't agree with, not in Grunils favor either. First, that you want attack speed and second that you need to hit 5 crit when 4 is the magic number. It also ignores the existence of better, future crystals.

Ok, what build would you suggest then?

Posted

Ok, what build would you suggest then?

That will depend on your goals and budget. 

Posted

That will depend on your goals and budget. 

For your goals and budget =)

Posted

I'm torn. 

My current build has

5 Cast, 5 Crit, 3 Movement speed, 4 luck (3 from titles/underwear, 1 from offhand gem) I'm at about 1100 HP
111/127 AP/DP. I do pretty well in PVP. I've stacked accuracy every where I can so my stuns will hit. Of these stats, only a few of them come from gems. So If I die and lose a gem in battle, I'll be alright until the fight ends and can get back to get another one. 

If I switch, Most of my stats will come from gems. If we're in a nasty fight, there's a chance I'll be rekt until I can get back to the auction house. I think I might just finish out this gear, (Agerian) to +15, and stock my stones up until I can get my hands on some boss gear. (Chest +14, Helm+12, Gloves/Boots +10) 

The upside is i'll be able to get higher resistances for PVP, and 7 more AP. Considering our Q skill gives another 30AP, 7 additional AP isn't much.

I think there's too much cost in switching and maintaining Grunil's. At least for me. 

Posted

You can lose crystals if you get PKed

Ive died tons of times due to PKs, yet I've NEVER lost a crystal. I don't think you lose crystals at all in PVP unless you are negative in karma.

Either that, or I'm EXTREMELY lucky to not lose a single high-chance crystal on PvP deaths.

Posted (edited)

Ive died tons of times due to PKs, yet I've NEVER lost a crystal. I don't think you lose crystals at all in PVP unless you are negative in karma.

Either that, or I'm EXTREMELY lucky to not lose a single high-chance crystal on PvP deaths.

Yeah, you lose crystals only when you die in PVE.

Edit: My mistake, you do lose crystals in pvp: 

PvE
Deaths as a result of PvE incur a loss of Experience and the potential for Gems to break.
PvP
Deaths as a result of PvP incur the potential for Gems to break, but do not incur XP loss.
Edited by Seikone

Posted (edited)

I'm torn. 

My current build has

5 Cast, 5 Crit, 3 Movement speed, 4 luck (3 from titles/underwear, 1 from offhand gem) I'm at about 1100 HP
111/127 AP/DP. I do pretty well in PVP. I've stacked accuracy every where I can so my stuns will hit. Of these stats, only a few of them come from gems. So If I die and lose a gem in battle, I'll be alright until the fight ends and can get back to get another one. 

If I switch, Most of my stats will come from gems. If we're in a nasty fight, there's a chance I'll be rekt until I can get back to the auction house. I think I might just finish out this gear, (Agerian) to +15, and stock my stones up until I can get my hands on some boss gear. (Chest +14, Helm+12, Gloves/Boots +10) 

The upside is i'll be able to get higher resistances for PVP, and 7 more AP. Considering our Q skill gives another 30AP, 7 additional AP isn't much.

I think there's too much cost in switching and maintaining Grunil's. At least for me. 

I agree with you hank, I'm going to be sticking with agerian/zereth. Grunil relies to heavily on gem stats and if you lose crystals you'll be down alot in stats and you will have to start camping the marketplace in order to retain said jewels which will most likely be very expensive to upkeep. I'm also aiming for bheg's gloves and if I had grunil it will make the set buff for AP completely obsolete.

Edited by Drekon

Posted

Yeah, you lose crystals only when you die in PVE.

Edit: My mistake, you do lose crystals in pvp: 

PvE
Deaths as a result of PvE incur a loss of Experience and the potential for Gems to break.
PvP
Deaths as a result of PvP incur the potential for Gems to break, but do not incur XP loss.

is this actually true? i heared you lose exp when you get pked, maybe its the other way around (i have never been pked yet so i wouldnt know).

Also, is boss armor in the game yet?

Posted

I lose 1% exp every time I get PK'd at 300k Karma, so that must be a non-NA version.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You lose XP when PKed, I don't think you can lose crystals unless your karma is in the red. 

Of course you can lose crystals too if the PKer does the lame thing where they get you to 5% and then let a mob you were fighting hit the final blow. But that's really rare to have happen. 

Edited by yukishiro1

Posted

Crystal loss is for pve death and red players.

-500k and below also lose enchant levels. 

Posted

I've never lost a single crystal to a PvP-PK death, ever.  I've only ever lost them to PvE deaths.  As far as experience, you definitely lose experience from PvP-PK deaths.

Posted

Someone in my guild actually lost a crystal from someone who PKed him. It just has a very low chance to actually break from being PKed.

Posted

I have lost crystals to non-guildwar pvp deaths.

I don't know if it's rng or if having a guild war removes the chance of losing a crystal.

Posted (edited)

yes guild war deaths have no penalties. i thought unfair kills wouldnt make you lose gems either, but seems like they can.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

I scrapped my aegerian set +10 on all 4 pieces, and used them to get my grunil  set to +10 .

Part of me wants to go back, I really really miss my 5 attack speed, now with crystals that have a high chance of shatter im running around with 1 or 2 at most...I might go back :/

Posted (edited)

I scrapped my aegerian set +10 on all 4 pieces, and used them to get my grunil  set to +10 .

Part of me wants to go back, I really really miss my 5 attack speed, now with crystals that have a high chance of shatter im running around with 1 or 2 at most...I might go back :/

Yep I know that feeling...

I have all part Grunil  +10, but I'll back to Agerian set +12 :D I know that Grunil with gems is better, but this set is too expensive for me...

Edited by Calvex

Posted

2 questions. 1. You saying you don't need any attack speed for sorc? And 2. Why is 4 crit better then 5 crit? Legit questions, not being sarcastic.

Posted

Currently I have a full +14 Agerian/Zereth boots set. I'm still on the fence of changing. Overall I want boss armor and feel that I can just keep what I have for now and work towards that. On the other hand the benefits to full grunil are just great.

Just unsure as to what I want to do right now.

Posted

2 questions. 1. You saying you don't need any attack speed for sorc? And 2. Why is 4 crit better then 5 crit? Legit questions, not being sarcastic.

Attack speed is nice, but not as important as Cast speed.  The majority of sorc skills are cast speed related, only a handful are attack speed.

4 crit is optimal because you get the last crit from food.  Its a waste to go higher.

Posted

Currently I have a full +14 Agerian/Zereth boots set. I'm still on the fence of changing. Overall I want boss armor and feel that I can just keep what I have for now and work towards that. On the other hand the benefits to full grunil are just great.

Just unsure as to what I want to do right now.

If you're near +15 on your armor i say wait until boss armor. You lose 35% of the price selling it on market, Plus the cost of making it was probably higher than the sale price as well.

What Calibix said.

Posted

If I knew a reliable way to obtain boss armor, I'd stick with what I had while I worked on that but I don't see that as realistic atm. I've really been on the fence on this, but I feel that 4pc Grunil is the better long-term choice. Mostly want the AP, a total of 15 once you upgrade it to Grunil x of Destruction. As I'll be using cheap 5-12k gems, the only thing I seem to be losing that I care about is 1 CS and the stun/stiffness/freeze resist from agerian helmet(25%?). I can gem it out for about 60k with 2 each of 1CS, 25MP, 1crit, 100stam. Could swap out the 25mMP for damage reduction or magic defense. Later I'll be free to buy more expensive CS/stamina gems and free up slots for resists.

Handy list of gems, sorted by socket type

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0