• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What (I believe) the community wants.

107 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Strates, Did you even read what I said, or just skim through for trigger words? I was COMPLETELY AGAINST PvE only channels, and servers in the game. And this isn't just about getting the game ready for release... Because technically that boils down to whether or not the game is playable. No, this is about things that I, and perhaps other people would like to see added. While I may not have been articulate at the time, running on very little sleep as I usually do, everything I suggested fits together into a game with a little more depth to it. 

Now, I did say "systems" but most of what I suggested would just be changes in values. Each point tackles complaints made by other players, while offering a more unique play style. And assuming that players dropped their loot when killed, why wouldn't a guild want to zerg anybody killing people on their turf? If people are scared to attack players near guild territory because said guild don't take no shit, wouldn't they stand to benefit, if not in the immediate way of re-acquiring loot that PK'ers stole from others, then the more far-reaching fact that people who don't want to fight are more likely to stick around areas that are safer? I'd like to add balanced, social, immersion-promoting elements to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game as it is, and absolutely adore PvP. I've already pre-ordered it, as well as convinced 6 or so friends to purchase it. I just saw a plethora of complaints about certain elements of the game, and suggested what I felt was a compromise. Blanket nerfing Karma loss is good for PvPers, but with a huge PvE market in NA, and the fact that most of us in the Americas are a bunch of assholes, I saw the chance of a lot of noob-crushing and PvP harassment for players that are just trying their best to enjoy the PvE portion. Thus a safe-guard for those situations, so that when some douche jumps a player 10-20 levels lower than them that's just trying their best to quest or grind, the aggressor is punished instead of the victim. All other suggestions pertain directly to the way that players interact with each other, which is the foundation of an MMO.

Edited by Solemnace

Posted

It's hard to take sides with the leveling experience, but from everything I've seen, you level ridiculously fast in BDO compared to other MMO's. I remember spending weeks after school grinding from 40-60 on WoW, and that was during Burning Crusade. (cap of 70) I'm not saying it has to be that long, but as it is you can get to the current max level in a single sitting. (While it would be a long one, it is perfectly possible) I honestly don't mind if the leveling remains as it is, but to ask for it to be even faster is absolutely ridiculous. 

1-50 is tutorial, actual grind is 50+ you'll spend your weeks of lvling there

Posted

Now let me counter each of your points in turn:

Yes, players who only grind to level up instead of questing will fall behind... Which is why I suggested the change in the first place, because when questing feels useless, and everybody is telling you that the most efficient way to level up is grind, then new players are going to do just that... And then be completely lost later on. 

The numbers were just a suggestion, which could easily be altered to better balance the change. Regardless, like most people I think that the less RNG in a game, the better.

I'd heard they were on a fixed timer, though I can't be sure if you didn't just see the word "fixed" and then stopped reading. Either way, that was just one suggestion, another was to make the boss spawn location a little more random as well, but that seemed more difficult than simply changing up the spawn timer.

The world is huuuuuge... Maybe I want to invite a new player to offer him the guild perks, gonna be a hard time when I'm 45 minutes away from him.

Spamming chat, or you know, doing almost anything else in the game. Spammers who are standing still are going to have more energy to invest in a chat than players who are actually playing the game, which to my eyes is a rather flawed concept.

Some people do care about the emote system, and while it's not a big deal to me, I can see why some people find it silly.

Here I'll take a note out of your book and skip ahead a bit since you're mostly just saying "KR has it." KR also has a completely different game build. They work on the premise of a free-to-play game, while Daum wants a Buy-to-play game... Which will have all the buy-to-win products stripped from their cash shop. This in turn means that completely different values from the norm might be required. And yes a buy-to-play vs a free-to-play does in fact mean we are getting our own version of the game, it will have a completely different market scheme and mentality right from the start. I'll also repeat that North America is very consumerist and entirely capitalist, which is a good enough reason on its own to consider player trade and free market.

Yadda yadda accuracy and evasion are just RNG effects, that really make no sense when you manually aim and dodge attacks already. Crit is the one RNG combat effect that remains relevant.

The worker queue would be for people who A) Have a life outside of their game (Even if I won't) and B) Would rather do their management all at once. 

I've seen quite a bit of the cash shop in KR, and yes, I love the amount of options, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more original work, and a thread was made about the lack of men's underwear which I decided to mention.

Ah well, giants and warriors level up to slowly, it'll require a bit of work for them and they're going to be available. And I don't really think it's all that difficult, as they were able to add the tamer a short time after the poll. Ultimately that was my request to work the blader in, since I would like to play as a male character but have no interest at all in warrior before awakening. Like, so little interest that I don't know if I could stand leveling it up to 56 even to get that kickass great sword. 

Posted

1-50 is tutorial, actual grind is 50+ you'll spend your weeks of lvling there

1-50 is all that will be available to us at first... So making it last more than a couple days makes quite a bit of sense. They could keep the current rate for 50+ levels and still make the 1-50 part a little more engaging.

Posted (edited)

1-50 is all that will be available to us at first... So making it last more than a couple days makes quite a bit of sense. They could keep the current rate for 50+ levels and still make the 1-50 part a little more engaging.

no it's not, it was only available in the beta yeah, but we can lvl past it on release, and shortly after we probably get all the new content as well

and how about a suggestion to make it more engaging? it already is if you don't just rush lvl 50, but as you never played the game I do not believe you know that already

Edited by Koinzell

Posted

Engaging, rewarding, ultimately when the more work you put into something the more meaningful it is. I'd read that the level cap would remain 50 on NA release, though if you can point me to something saying otherwise and correct me, please.

Posted (edited)

Damn double posts. Anyway, in all honesty I don't have all that much of a problem with the current leveling system, I do however find it ridiculous to even consider making it faster.

Edited by Solemnace
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Omfg it actually triple posted that one. 

Edited by Solemnace

Posted (edited)

NO.
just, one, fat, red, big, NO. Those ideas are completly not for this game! JUST PLEASE, DONT POST STUPID IDEAS. You wanna change whole game? then dont play!
ITS GOOD AS IT IS, DONT FUCKING DESTROY WHOLE FUN FROM A GAME, THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN MANY OTHER THAT FAILED!

Edited by Ravalion
2 people like this

Posted

NO.
just, one, fat, red, big, NO. Those ideas are completly not for this game! JUST PLEASE, DONT POST STUPID IDEAS. You wanna change whole game? then dont play!
ITS GOOD AS IT IS, DONT FUCKING DESTROY WHOLE FUN FROM A GAME, THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN MANY OTHER THAT FAILED!

Well, they've already announced the arrival of a bounty system, has a strong focus on PvP endgame, and Daum is currently looking to alter the way that karma works. So, nothing I suggested was extremely different from the current version of the game aside from more rewarding world PvP(That also protects PvE'ers from potential abuse) free trade, and more interactive guilds.

Posted

Requests for slower leveling make me cringe a little. We already end up underleveled for quests without grinding a little. =/

Posted

Requests for slower leveling make me cringe a little. We already end up underleveled for quests without grinding a little. =/

Well, I'm actually more for improving the experience offered by quests, making them the core of leveling rather than the grinding portion. People currently skip quests because it's the fastest method to level and don't realize until later how negatively that effects them. Leave the grinding for loot.

Posted

If they change the quests so they give EXP to help level, I'd be all for that. But slower leveling is still a bad idea since you want to get to the end-game as fast as possible so you can have some nice PVP/GVG. Although, that type of end-game obviously isn't for everyone, but that's a different issue.

Posted (edited)

Quests - Most complaints about the leveling system seem to fall into the same category; it's too fast, too easy, and doesn't inspire exploration. I've also noticed a lot of people who have difficulty grasping the more complicated skills in the game. Now, the most effective method to deal with both is to increase the incentive to do quests, and therefore more incentive to acquire all the information the game has to offer. You could do this by increasing the experience gained through quests, while decreasing the experience gained through mobs. Perhaps you could even add experience for discovering a zone, or a little buff to gain additional experience when first playing in a new zone. 

I would agree that it was sometimes difficult to know where to go for your level or that quest directions were unclear.  On the later point, I believe that was more due to localization than anything else but we'll have to see what has changed in CBT2.  I am against your solution, because quests are the ideal way of getting familiar with and gaining gathering/questing XP, gaining contribution xp, and recharging your energy.  You do have quests  that guide you to the next general area and you get combat/level XP (usually) from your black spirit quests.  I'm ok with XP from NPC kills, or even some form of diminishing returns on PvP kills, but I actually like the system of gaining XP they have now.  I think the largest points of contention are a)not knowing where to go to level or no quest chain clearly taking you to that location or b)the system is so different than how they have been playing MMORPGs for the last decade that they haven't really given it a chance to work.  By most accounts, people didn't feel that it was overly cumbersome to get to 50 but that there were certain level ranges that, when reached, the XP needed felt like a brick wall.  So maybe the better solutions would be ensuring that people are and can get information on where they should be, a short explanation of how questing works and what it is most efficiently used for, and smoothing out the leveling curve so that players aren't hit with jarring changes in XP requirements from one level to the other.

Monsters/Knowledge - I saw this one pop up a few times in other threads, and found myself agreeing with it. I think the current knowledge system could us a bit of an overhaul, changing the RNG-based spam reseting until it works out into one where killing a certain mob will slowly build up the knowledge level on it. Something like 25-50 kills for C - Rank, 100-250 kills for B - Rank, 500-1000 kills for A - rank, and 1000-2500 kills for S - Rank.

Completely agree.  RNG for this is bad when you're using it for not only when you learn but how well you learn and that knowledge isn't upgraded over time, which makes no real sense.  If you continue doing a task, you'll get better at it.  In fact, I believe that's one of the primary reasonings that BDO uses when trying to entice people to use combo's instead of hotkeys.  I would be completely OK with a decent chance, say 5-10%, to learn an initial F grade, then over time, your knowledge should gradually improve.  Maybe you could start a minigame with an NPC who has interest or knowledge about the NPC to improve your knowledge.

I had a quest to gain knowledge on some NPC and I was there for an hour without gaining it.  I dunno, maybe it was a bug...but it sure was annoying.

Chat system/energy - I find this complaint a lot, and find the whole concept a little silly, it doesn't really stop people who are going to be spamming while afk, or botting, it stops people from being able to communicate freely while playing the game. A simple chat timer, or spam restrictions would be more effective imo.

I didn't like this at first but after a while, I ended up changing my mind.  While the primary motivation may have been to reduce spam, I do believe it restricts those who have nothing better to do than spam General with trolling/vile statements as long as they have an actual need for their energy for something else.  Some said it hurts newbies asking for help but I have found that many of the answers to those calls for help ended up going through private channels.  Once you get people into private chats, they are genuinely grateful and the exchange, at least for me, many, many times more civil and courteous than a sterile General chat response which has a high chance of a trolls response.  Perhaps they could leave World chat having a cost and break down regions/cities into their own with a nice map overlay to tell where you need to go in order to get access to that channel.

The one area that they should improve, is the length of the message.  It is entirely too short.

Player Trade - This ties a bit more into my next category, commerce. I find it silly to disable player trading on anything but enchanted gear for a multitude of reasons. Sure, there will always be players trying to make a quick buck by selling ingame currency, but they'll also offer to play somebody's account for them, or sell them an account. These people exist, and yes, they suck, but I don't think normal players should have to go without in a feeble attempt to stop that. It also helps with immersion (Which I adore this game for) it seems stupid that I couldn't hand somebody standing in front of me a sack of flour, or some mining materials. Maybe their pickaxe broke and I have an extra one. Regardless of the reason, I think trading should be an option.

Auction Houses - The big one, Auction Houses. This one cropped up a lot, and I have to agree with the majority on this, get rid of the Worldwide auction house and bring back one that is tied to a single city (I mean, how else are guilds who control that territory supposed to get their taxes?) Another popular demand was better bot detection, and anti-bot system, because bots will control the market like nothing else. Now toward that (As well as toward a little more financial liberty) I propose removing the limiter on AH prices. I hate the thought of being told to sell at a specific price, making some items impossible to sell, and others impossible to procure past a wall of bots. What would removing the limiter do? Well bots wouldn't be able to just instantly buy whatever showed up, since I'm sure the person running it doesn't want to pay 10x market value for an item. It would also stimulate a popular element of other MMO's I've seen; people being undercut.... And well, people being conned. It ain't pretty, but it's reality. Now you're probably thinking "That's ridiculous, everything will cost a bajillion silver!" or some such but fear not, there is method to my madness. You simply have to add a fee to placing an item on the AH, you pay the tax upfront, and if a player buys your item, the tax is transferred to them and you get your gold back... If not, well tough shit, sell for a better price.

Absolutely, these two so much.  I know the set prices on the AH is to cut down on RMT but I have a far more elegant solution, which I stated in another thread.  It comes from Eve Online and how they dealt with players using market transactions to facilitate the transfer of funds.   In order to stop this behavior, Eve Online still allows you to put up anything at any price but if you buy something, the transaction always happens between the buyer and the seller who has the lowest price.  So, even if you pay 1,000,000 silver for a single potato, the guy selling potatoes at 2s/ea will get your 1,000,000 silver and you get one of his potatoes.  This allows people to work freely with the market while removing the, near guarantee, that the RMT can happen successfully using the market.

Worker Autonomy - Somebody mentioned the addition of a queue (even if it was only of 1 additional task) for individual workers to carry out after they'd completed the first. While I don't think this is game-breaking, I did think it was worth the mention.

I don't like this at all.  There should be some incentive to logging into the game and managing your account.  A queue just creates a situation where players log on when their queue is about to end just to queue up some more actions.  If you have a fully stamina'd worker, even at the lower end of max stamina, they will still work uninterrupted for about 4 hours.  Maybe it would be easier to deal with this if you could cancel a worker when he is in the process of performing a task, then someone could cancel the work, renew their workers and start a new task.  While I, not so secretly,  wouldn't be opposed to having a single queue after the current job, my fear about these things is that they almost always end up being extended due to player complaints using arguments like, it's just one more queue, what's the difference?

'Protection' or 'Territory' System - I thought something along the lines of guild owned territories being under their 'protection' or 'jurisdiction' and so maybe the guild owning a territory would get a notification whenever somebody was attacked or PK'd in the area surrounding their town.

This is interesting, why not expand on this as a way for other guilds to raid and pillage the other lands and if the lord of one land doesn't actively protect it, the attacking guild can siphon tax funds.

I would also like to add to the general topic of PvP.  I agree with most of what you said but I do believe that PvP flagging should come in the form of going to a city and flagging yourself.  You can unflag yourself in the world but with a 5 minute timer.  I like the idea of PvP and world PvP but I deplore systems which allow one to walk up to you flagged friendly then once you start fighting a group, they insta-flag and attack.  So, I guess I'm for a system that promotes PvP but not one that aids ganking...and yes, the two are different.

Edited by Diggerton
Fixed a mistake

Posted

NO.

Not sure where to start with this one.  

You can't dislike everything he listed out.  Additionally, the devs ASKED for feedback and suggestions so maybe you should yell at them with big red letters. 

Posted (edited)

You can't dislike everything he listed out.  Additionally, the devs ASKED for feedback and suggestions so maybe you should yell at them with big red letters. 

Well he could dislike everything, he is just too arrogant to read what was posted. I am sure he would probably agree with at least one thing if he could actually read the post and look past his arrogance. But providing constructive feedback on the offical forums is just too much to ask. Instead don't comment on anything suggested and just say everything's stupid. To make your point even more valid, add a big red "NO." 

I hope the devs really do take the suggestions with a grain of salt. (Not this threads suggestions, but all suggestions in general). 

Edited by Chaosbelow

Posted (edited)

I personally do not believe you associated yourself with enough members of the community to comprehensively as a single person know what everyone else probably wants.. just saying, a bit pompous of you. Nice job though, long post, a bit TL;dr though. *I didnt read it at all*

Also, you should just put in the title.. changes you want to see, since they're all just your opinions lol and it seems like many people here are disagreeing with them.

Edited by Feyria
Added stuff.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I personally do not believe you associated yourself with enough members of the community to comprehensively as a single person know what everyone else probably wants.. just saying, a bit pompous of you. Nice job though, long post, a bit TL;dr though. *I didnt read it at all*

Also, you should just put in the title.. changes you want to see, since they're all just your opinions lol and it seems like many people here are disagreeing with them.

Actually, it looks like he took a lot of the suggestions from popular posts over the last few days, and combined them, or at the very least, the gist of the idea, into one post..  Probably more infantile to tell someone how pompous they are for a post you didn't even read.

Edited by Diggerton

Posted

Actually, it looks like he took a lot of the suggestions from popular posts over the last few days, and combined them, or at the very least, the gist of the idea into one post..  Probably more infantile to tell someone how pompous they are for a post you didn't even read.

That's your assumption, and a few posts from a handful of users over less than a week's period is next to nothing lol. Not impressed, and no white knight, I just wanted to waste as little time as possible which is also why my reply to you ends here.

Posted

That's your assumption, and a few posts from a handful of users over less than a week's period is next to nothing lol. Not impressed, and no white knight, I just wanted to waste as little time as possible which is also why my reply to you ends here.

Oh yes, the I'm ending the conversation so I win post.  Love those.

Posted (edited)

Well, the name of the topic was intentionally contradictory in order to lure in more people, and therefore more feedback. I admit, I did think that at least a few of my ideas would have support, and it turns out I wasn't entirely wrong. Obviously a few things could use work, but I posted them in the hope of them being cohesive as a whole. 

Edited by Solemnace

Posted

Well he could dislike everything, he is just too arrogant to read what was posted. I am sure he would probably agree with at least one thing if he could actually read the post and look past his arrogance. But providing constructive feedback on the offical forums is just too much to ask. Instead don't comment on anything suggested and just say everything's stupid. To make your point even more valid, add a big red "NO." 

I hope the devs really do take the suggestions with a grain of salt. (Not this threads suggestions, but all suggestions in general). 

i just love how you judge ppl :D
i can disagree with everything that is posted here, because i dont wanna see this in our client... there are much more ways to make changes, and many other threads that i do like, and i can agree with many OP's about thier ideas ;)
Even posting mine from time to time, cuz i know we need improvements that will make sense... those, do not.

Posted (edited)

GTFO with your normal quest Systen for real i dont want a generic shitty mmo if you want so then go play wow or any other mmorpg and dont think your opinion its the whole communitys.

Edited by freak7500
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

NO.

I agree.

I like the Grind and how the Quest System working right now and that you need to be face to face to make a Group or invite someone to a Guild because that makes the World feel big, more alive and social,so Daum dont change anything because one Idiot think he is the Coummunity and dont like the Game and thats why he try change it to a shitty generic mmorpg.

PS: I love that there is no flying Mounts or Teleports.

Edited by freak7500
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh yes, the I'm ending the conversation so I win post.  Love those.

Lol, then you're welcome for my post you loved! 

Also tbh your user name makes me think of dinggleberry (poop hanging off a dogs' butt) lol, X D nice one dude.