• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Conqueror's Pack Horse

844 posts in this topic

Posted

In a recent interview with project manager Belsazar it was stated that in the past they have sent forum posts to pearl abyss for their review. I think this needs to happen with this entire thread so that they can see the unedited backlash from the decision that they made and how it will affect this market.  If they are foolish enough to not do anything after that then I just don't know what to say since it would be like them saying "We just don't care about this market and the revenue stream it has infused into our game, F... off." I love the game but this issue is like a disease on my game time. I can't make any purchases because I feel cheated and I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment and every time I look at my conquerors package horse I get pissed about this entire fiasco. Needless to say that that does not make for a "fun" gaming environment.  

Posted (edited)

Just being a realist, but best case, we receive a T5 horse, they will not take the time to alter all of the accounts involved to match the level. At this point though, people need more than being disregarded upon discovering the truth. That policy will undoubtedly reduce the support and income. Imagine what a real apology would do, instead of saying, yea, we cheated you but let's move on.

They recently buffed the HP of the conqueror pack's "T5" horses and only these, so they obivously can alter the different stats in a large scale.

Edited by Chizu
2 people like this

Posted

isn't this a Daum thing?

For future reference it's always a Daum thing.

They cannot off load any blame to Pearl Abyss, since the the misrepresentation and the contract is between the publisher, Daum, and the end user, you.

Daum dropped the ball here, in both not verifying the content before making the representations and in not providing suitable compensation when it came to light.

Since Daum doesn't own the code and is only a publisher, i'm 100% certain they cannot force the Licensor, Pearl Abyss to modify the code to give a true T5. However, it's perfect within Daum's means to provide some kind of compensation, whether it's pearls, skins, whatever to help smooth things over. It's completely intellectually dishonest to claim there's nothing that could be done since the ball is entirely in Daum's court.

3 people like this

Posted

They recently buffed the HP of the conqueror pack's "T5" horses and only these, so they obivously can alter the different stats in a large scale.

When they discovered how the breeding had been gimped, many players deleted the Conqueror horse to save Stable space tho. Just changing stats won't solve the problem there.

It needs either a replacement horse, or some pearls flung at people.

A more classic case of bait and switch I have never seen. It's disgusting how low these people will go.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why DAUM is being so stubborn about this.  They misled and made a mistake.  It's only natural to resolve and fix a mistake especially when there is money involved (people paid for a legitimate T5 horse).  At this point in the game, resetting or giving a replacement horse isn't that big a deal.  The good will that will be generated by doing so would benefit them in the long run.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why DAUM is being so stubborn about this.  They misled and made a mistake.  It's only natural to resolve and fix a mistake especially when there is money involved (people paid for a legitimate T5 horse).  At this point in the game, resetting or giving a replacement horse isn't that big a deal.  The good will that will be generated by doing so would benefit them in the long run.

the problem there is that daum can't really do anything about it, tis the dev (PA) that choose to not change it. Too much arguing to PA could lead to a bad publisher-developer relation which would result in content being more and more delayed for Daum.

Edited by Le_Flemard

Posted

Is spending time closing tickets, telling people to piss off, merging threads and all the other staff hours needed to -not address- this worth it? Is the bad press this will garner worth it?

Someone should be doing some cost-benefit analysis and realize this is going to be more costly in the end than if they simply did something to address it.

Sure, some people won't be happy with the remedy. However, I'd be willing to bet that simply owning up to the mistake and trying to make good on it would make a vast majority of us drop the issue. 

Posted

the problem there is that daum can't really do anything about it, tis the dev (PA) that choose to not change it. Too much arguing to PA could lead to a bad publisher-developer relation which would result in content being more and more delayed for Daum.

Whilst I get they need the dev's to 'make' them a new horse or what ever. I don't see what is stopping them from either giving out a few pearls or a normal T5 horse. Those are things they can do and don't need PA for.

It's interesting to see how little say or power Daum have in this sort of situation.

Posted

Whilst I get they need the dev's to 'make' them a new horse or what ever. I don't see what is stopping them from either giving out a few pearls or a normal T5 horse. Those are things they can do and don't need PA for.

It's interesting to see how little say or power Daum have in this sort of situation.

True for the pearls, but I think they'll go for loyalty points.... if they ever return on the issue.

Posted

maybe Gm apology and 1 male reset breed and 1 female reset breed would be ok , it wouldnt be game breaking at this point

2 people like this

Posted

I would like my real T5 horse.  Thank you.

2 people like this

Posted

Me too. 

Maybe we should start a petition? :P

Posted

Meh. On Friday. I said I'd give them another week before I started escalating things further. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I see this as a problem. They were so humble and nice when people did not get their pre-order items. They even gave NA a free 300 % EXP weekend because EU had it by mistake. EU and NA has nothing to do with eachother anyway. So that was a weird choice. And now they can't just hand out T5 horses to all who pre-ordered the Conqueror package? It cannot be that hard. They gave out items before.

Daum. Just give us something. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I know that there are a lot of ppl reading this thread. Not only that ones that bought the 100 EUR package like me. The behaviour shown so far in solving this problem will have a large count of consequences for the future of this game, the community of BDO and Daum as well.
It´s not that I really need that damn horse. I have now 5 other T5 horses and a T6 horse and there are some more on the way by breeding. It´s more a question of trust. If Daum is not delivering what they have been selling, then they will loose any credibility to me and others - wchich means one can not trust them. It´s that simple!

1 person likes this

Posted

I know that there are a lot of ppl reading this thread. Not only that ones that bought the 100 EUR package like me. The behaviour shown so far in solving this problem will have a large count of consequences for the future of this game, the community of BDO and Daum as well.
It´s not that I really need that damn horse. I have now 5 other T5 horses and a T6 horse and there are some more on the way by breeding. It´s more a question of trust. If Daum is not delivering what they have been selling, then they will loose any credibility to me and others - wchich means one can not trust them. It´s that simple!

Daum ain't getting a single penny from my side anymore. No matter what they do with the shop. They've scammed us.

1 person likes this

Posted

and never spend.

you know? I'd like to buy the horse ttraining costume, but I can't resolve myself in doing it because 25€ are a lot of money for some pixel but most of all, because I don't want to spend if this is customer service. 

As someone told before, I've been pretty satisfied with how Daum was handling the game, I'm astonished about the current behavior.

I left from the previous game I used to play because the company, and now I'm pretty sensible to the customer care topic :P

Posted

I see this as a problem. They were so humble and nice when people did not get their pre-order items. They even gave NA a free 300 % EXP weekend because EU had it by mistake. EU and NA has nothing to do with eachother anyway. So that was a weird choice. And now they can't just hand out T5 horses to all who pre-ordered the Conqueror package? It cannot be that hard. They gave out items before.

Daum. Just give us something. 

Well, the preorder, they started off humble and nice, then when it came time to give what they promised, the compensation tiers. They did as was done with the T5 horse. "This is what you get, we are done bothering. K thanx"

I will give them the xp weekend, that was nice. I love the game, I just do not trust them anymore. With this, you can never know if what the store says, is what you will get. If it is not, they seem to fall back on this sort of response.

Posted

I am just very disappointed so far with this response. I was annoyed with the initial delay in getting everything when the game first launched. But I actually thought they responded quite well to that. A "We made a mistake, here is your compensation for your inconvenience". I really admired that they fronted with their errors and they owned them.

But there is a difference between inconvenience and outright misleading people. T5 = outright misleading.

It aint even cute.

Posted

It's simple, send a t5 horse token in the mail to players effected or find out what happens when you get a lot people feeling they were lied too and then cheated and ignored banding togeather to take action.

Posted

BS.

And second, I don't care about their relation.

I payed money - I didn't get the product that was marketed. That's all the matters and it's called a fraud, and it's illegal.

I don't want apology, I don't want coupons.

I want what I ------- payed for! A T5 horse!

I live for this post.

Posted

Buff our T5 horse. Don't let this issue go. We paid $100 and get content worse than the $50 plebs. What kind of message is that sending. Be a pleb?

Posted (edited)

You are calling people that buy 50$ pack pleb, and you are crying for 50-100 bucks ? Go buy another pack, you paesant. And get an Alienware.

Edited by Maddog
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You are calling people that buy 50$ pack pleb, and you are crying for 50-100 bucks ? Go buy another pack, you paesant. And get an Alienware.

Wat

I got 980Ti SLI bro

Money doesn't come into it. I didn't get what I pay for. If I ordered two $5 item's from a store and only got one, should I not complain because it's only $5? lol bullshit, I want a T5 horse. To be honest I am happy with the horse but it's the principle! 

Edited by Kyungri
1 person likes this

Posted

yup - bred, disappointedly so, and then deleted since there was no "exchange" option

or did I delete it - see statements that it can't be - will have to check the stables where I last left it

I was busy breeding a lot and didnt even notice the T5 only came with 1 breeding slot, figured I bred it twice already.  I bought the item to reset it (again, not realizing it) and was super confused when I only got 1 breeding chance back.  Obviously wouldn't have bothered if I had known that early on <_<

When they discovered how the breeding had been gimped, many players deleted the Conqueror horse to save Stable space tho. Just changing stats won't solve the problem there.

It needs either a replacement horse, or some pearls flung at people.

A more classic case of bait and switch I have never seen. It's disgusting how low these people will go.

Seriously, some pearls to throw into breeding resets would more than likely satisfy most people now that we've gotten to T5 without the benefit of the POS pre order horse.

The benefit of the T5 horse was getting it AT LAUNCH.  At this point who -----ing cares if we get a T5 today.  Add it to the god damn pile in everyone's stables.  We need compensation equal to what we were expecting, relevant compensation.  Not a month+ after the fact when it's no longer useful.  It would be like giving us an extra 2 days of early access NOW, after the game launched.

Well, the preorder, they started off humble and nice, then when it came time to give what they promised, the compensation tiers. They did as was done with the T5 horse. "This is what you get, we are done bothering. K thanx"

I will give them the xp weekend, that was nice. I love the game, I just do not trust them anymore. With this, you can never know if what the store says, is what you will get. If it is not, they seem to fall back on this sort of response.

What left me even more bitter about the pre order compensation was the massive amount of people that shouldn't have been eligible were throwing in tickets with #serendia in it and GETTING the compensation anyways.  Like, people who legit bought the $29 version of the game were getting #serendia compensation packages, just because they opened a ticket that didn't apply.